Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,808 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (875) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3478814 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (872) (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SSAwhistleblowe: 3:29pm On Jul 02, 2018
fhranchez:
why, just make sure score 10/10 in your remaining tmas. Just like someone that scored 7+7+7=21 (in all tmas) asking if he would pass.
Just try and score 30- 35/70 in your exam and you're safe

cheers

Thanks so much for this response God bless you... but you know one is supposed to write at least three tmas from the former system of four tmas... now that they have reduced it to three i dont know if writing just two out of the three will count. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nounonline: 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2018
Over 102 Past Exam Questions was uploaded on our Portal this morning for your USE. Download for FREE or Request for one.

Wish you the Best in your Exams

https://nationalopenuniversity.com.ng/exam-past-questions/

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by shayoor(f): 6:30pm On Jul 02, 2018
Oladtwo:
who has done his/her TMA 2 of CIT 831. I need help . Thanks

Same here, I got 7 in the TMA 1, the tma 2 is really giving me a tough time still on it sha
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmaclue: 6:45pm On Jul 02, 2018
Good evening all. For those that have started exams, how was it? Guess we wrote well. Please to enter the exam hall, was student I.d card made compulsory because i have been using my stamped exam slip to enter the hall. Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tomike2013: 6:57pm On Jul 02, 2018
Confirmation of exam, kindly confirm to me if exam has started today and the venue for Lagos center campus.........
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2018
ONLINE SERVICE STILL REMAINS AS FOLLOWS:

Payment of school fees via online banking

TMA assistance

Past questions

Passport uploading

Course and exam registration

Soft copy of materials

All NOUN related issue

Our online service is still very much intact and we are here to serve you better

Macharthony Solutions
All these can be done without you leaving your comfort zone
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 7:15pm On Jul 02, 2018
HOW TO OVERCOME E-EXAM AND POP EXAM FEAR

1. DETERMINATION Make a decision that you will not fail, you will surely pass is the first step to overcoming your fear. Choose success, this will make you do all your best to prepare for E-exam or POP examination. It will help you when you are tired of trying. This mindset is the key to overcoming fear.

2. ADEQUATE PREPARATION You cannot limit your fear when you enter the examination hall empty-brained. Study enough, cover major course units, and check the previous examinations to know the pattern, solve past questions and do all you can until you are satisfied. You will realize that courage will start to build up inside you even before examination. By preparing enough, you will not fear the upcoming E-exam or POP examination anymore and your hope of blasting it will increase.

3. PRAY Pray to God for divine understanding and a retentive memory, believe in him, Endeavour to have faith and hope for the best. Remember that heaven help those who help themselves. Therefore, do not pray without reading and do not read without praying.

4. YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE No man is born to be successful neither is one born to fail, we are all what we make ourselves". If you have adequately prepared for E-exam or POP examination, there is no reason for you to fear.

5. NEGLECT WHAT PEOPLE SAY
Don’t believe the negative things NOUN students say. Some NOUN students will tell you, " E-exam and POP examination is very hard", "People have failed and people will still fail". Don't listen to this courage-killer statements. They are fallacies!. When people tell you this, just remember that "Even though people failed it, some passed it", so you will pass it because you are not a failure. There is need to overcome E-exam or POP examination fears because:- • It enhances better performance • It reduces rate of mistakes during examination • It helps to build maximum brain focus on examination and enhance efficient thinking.

MISHA CARES

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Tojued: 7:16pm On Jul 02, 2018
Did anybody write exam at wuse 2 centre? Does that centre still exist?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 02, 2018
Please, who has past question for Eco 453, Advanced econometrics? I am in dire need of it.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fhranchez(m): 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2018
SSAwhistleblowe:

Thanks so much for this response God bless you... but you know one is supposed to write at least three tmas from the former system of four tmas... now that they have reduced it to three i dont know if writing just two out of the three will count. Thanks
thanks, the system is just there to protect you

cheers
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:15pm On Jul 02, 2018
HOW TO OVERCOME NERVOUSNESS DURING EXAMS?

First and foremost, be well-prepared for the exam, and get a good night’s rest smiley. Do some mock exams. If you feel prepared, you will feel more confident and less nervous. Avoid caffeine which will make you jittery. Do some stretches kiss before the exam. If you find yourself panicking, take some deep breaths. Tense your muscles then relax them. Make sure you read the questions carefully (twice) before answering. For most exams, you do not need to do the questions in order. If you get stuck on a question, skip it, and go back to it later. In fact, you can do the easiest question(s) on the page first. It will make you feel good about yourself, and more confident cool about being able to answer the next one. Concentrate only on your exam, and don’t pay attention to how quickly others are answering questions. Have positive thoughts! Tell yourself that you can do it kiss and it’s not the end of the world if you make a few mistakes (but try not to make them �! GET YOUR P.O.P PAST QUESTIONS!!!

Macharthony Solutions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by DJCentiz: 10:09pm On Jul 02, 2018
Hi guys,
Please who has a copy of VoIP Project here?
OR who was given that project topic...You can Contact me 0802771797
for Business ASAP.
Thank You
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ebunlomocrown: 10:21pm On Jul 02, 2018
Good evening please I want to enrol for msc science education and under registrable courses I saw courses for just 2semester does that mean it one year duration assuming I do all is required at the right time?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 10:22pm On Jul 02, 2018
Tojued:

Please what's your advice for those of us writing two papers at the same time?
Hmmm. This one. I don't even know
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 12:23am On Jul 03, 2018
HAVE ANY ISSUE WRITE TO THE BELOW MAIL ADDRESS.

VC - auadamu@noun.edu.ng

VC@noun.edu.ng

Registrar - iedoka@noun.edu.ng

Deans -
Faculty of Management Sciences - wiyiegbuniwe@noun.edu.ng

PG -smande@noun.edu.ng

Faculty of Agricultural Sciences- nmundi@noun.edu.ng

Faculty of Arts- dobieje@noun.edu.ng

Faculty of education-cokonkwo@noun.edu.ng

Faculty of Health Sciences-oagbu@noun.edu.ng

Faculty of Law- aakujobi@noun.edu.ng

Faculty of Sciences- molaniyi@noun.edu.ng

Faculty of Social Sciences- gadesina-uthman@noun.edu.ng

DVC (ADMIN) - vadedipe@noun.edu.ng

Dea - dea@noun.edu.ng

DVC (ACAD) - jeyisi@noun.edu.ng

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 3:34am On Jul 03, 2018
Day 2, July 3, 2018

8am

AEM450 Agricultural Finance & Marketing
ACP301 Arable Crop Production
CRP309 Arable Crop Production
HCM444 Global Tourism Issues
AEM719 Extension Method And Communication
AEM509 Agricultural Business Management
SLM306 Soil Erosion And Conservation
CRS316 Hebrew Syntax
CRS721 Systematic Theology
CRS803 Inter-religious Dialogue
ENG314 Public Speaking
ENG434 Literary Stylistics
ISL312 Exegesis Of The Quran
ISL472 Islam_s Contributions To Civilization
HEM703 Disease Illness And Society
PHS424 Primary Emergency Obstetrics Care
NSS321 Medical Surgical Nursing I
PUL341 Criminal Law I
PUL342 Criminal Law II

11am

AEM302 Extension Teaching, Learning Process And Meth
ARD302 Extension Teaching Learning Process And Metho
AEM508 Technological And Social Change In Agricultur
AEM713 Tree Crop Production
HCM348 Hospitality & Tourism Management
ANP310 Genetics and Breeding
ARD308 Principles Of Cooperative Practices
CRS432 Applied Ethics
CRS825 Religion And Social Change In Africa
ENG313 Black Diaspora Literature: African-american
FRE331 Advanced Studies In French Phonetics
ISL313 Introduction to World Religions
ISL412 Tafsir: Exegesis of Selected Passages of the
HEM704 Basic Anatomy And Physiology Of Hum
EHS319 Introduction To Demography
PHS507 Outreach And Mobile Health Services
NSC303 Concepts And Strategies In Public-community H
NSS403 Medical Surgical Nursing III
NSS311 Primary Health Care I
CLL231 Labour Law I
CLL232 Labour Law II
PPL421 Land Law I
PPL422 LAND LAW II

2pm

HCM431 Advanced Food & Beverage Production
SLM305 Introduction To Soil Chemistry Fertility And
AEM505 Administration And Programme Planning In Exte
CRP305 Crop Genetics and Breeding
HCM303 Food Services and Professionalism
CRS323 Old Testament Theology
CRS722 Pastoral Theology
CRS826 Ecclesiology
ENG415 Literary Theory And Criticism
FRE372 Pre-independence Francophone African Literatu
ISL372 Islam In Nigeria
PHS322 Community Mobilization And Particip
NSS504 Medical And Surgical Nursing Iv
NSS302 Nutrition In Health And Illness
NSS322 Medical Surgical Nursing II
PPL323 Law Of Torts I
PPL324 Law Of Torts II

Download Complete Final Draft 2018_1 POP Exam TimeTable

DOWNLOAD

Order For Computer Science Past Questions and Answers HERE

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 3:44am On Jul 03, 2018
Exam Update

The school is currently in her exams, stamping may or may not be attended to at the VI study center.

Students can also stamp at their exam centres .

For students having clashed exams...

Especially if this is your final semester, You might want to write the clashed exams...

Here is the deal ... the school is well aware of the development ...

Do well and get to the exam venue in time so as to explain the clash in time to the invigilators ...

If they are in good moods☹ , they'd reserve a slot for you or better still, give you the two clashed courses at once.

We believe this info helps affected students...

Thanks

JOIN NOUN SUPPORT FORUM FOR LATEST UPDATE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 4:25am On Jul 03, 2018
Vice Chancellor National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) says part of the institution’s social responsibility is giving inmates all over the country a chance to better life through education.

Professor Abdalla Uba Adamu stated this while inaugurating a fully equipped study centre facility in Kuje prison donated to NOUN by a faith based organization, Christ Embassy Abuja.

READ MORE. . . . .

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 6:53am On Jul 03, 2018
REMINDER! REMINDER!! REMINDER!!!

WE HAVE 14 MORE DAYS TO GO

TMA 2
Opening date: 27th June, 2018
Closing date: 18th July, 2018
12 midnight

TMA 3
Opening date: 19th July, 2018
Closing date: 14th August, 2018
12 midnight

MISHA CARES
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Tojued: 8:08am On Jul 03, 2018
Kazrem:

Hmmm. This one. I don't even know

Question for the gods, abi?

Please if anyone has ever written two papers at the same time come and share how you did it.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Gentile700: 8:15am On Jul 03, 2018
Please when is the good study guide exam?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ev4real(m): 8:52am On Jul 03, 2018
Tojued:

Question for the gods, abi?

Please if anyone has ever written two papers at the same time come and share how you did it.
I have before. You just have to be very fast in your first paper then proceed to the hall where they're writing the other exam. Just that you might not have up to the stipulated time for the second paper.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Tojued: 9:38am On Jul 03, 2018
ev4real:

I have before. You just have to be very fast in your first paper then proceed to the hall where they're writing the other exam. Just that you might not have up to the stipulated time for the second paper.

That's my plan. thanks for confirming that it's possible.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:40am On Jul 03, 2018
Gentile700:
Please when is the good study guide exam?

AUGUST... GST107/GST707 & GST807 ALL ARE E-EXAM
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Tojued: 9:40am On Jul 03, 2018
All those of you selling TMAs and PQs, PM me if you want my already answered TMAs (90% 10/10, no mat number anywhere smiley). All I need in exchange is PQs. No time to stop by at my SC.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Gentile700: 12:00pm On Jul 03, 2018
Anthonyo15:

AUGUST... GST107/GST707 & GST807 ALL ARE E-EXAM
any specific day in August?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 03, 2018
ebunlomocrown:
Good evening please I want to enrol for msc science education and under registrable courses I saw courses for just 2semester does that mean it one year duration assuming I do all is required at the right time?

first its M.Ed science education... year one year, assuming no spill over and project and seminar are done on time too

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ebunlomocrown: 4:07pm On Jul 03, 2018
Thanks alot are you sure about it that is a year? I will be more than glad to be sure
MusaIbrahim1:

first its M.Ed science education... year one year, assuming no spill over and project and seminar are done on time too
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 10:42pm On Jul 03, 2018
Gentile700:
any specific day in August?

Patiently wait till next week for the first draft of E-EXAM
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 10:46pm On Jul 03, 2018
NOUN ADMITS SHIITES INMATES TO ACQUIRE DEGREES, POSTGRADUATE DEGREES

The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) has admitted new set of undergraduate and post graduate students, including members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria (Shiites) currently detained in Kaduna Prison after a crackdown by the government, for degree and post graduate degree programmes in the institution.

Many of the sect’s members have been in detention following frequent face-off between the Islamic Sect and the security agencies wherein they demand the unconditional release of their leaders and his wife.

Recur that the leader of the Movement, Sheik Ibrahim El Zakzaky and his wife are also currently under what the government called a protective custody. They Shiite members were admitted into NOUN to further their education as a result of being put out of school by their detention. The Shiites members admitted into the institution said the sect consists of intellectuals who values education and that majority of them are liberal Muslims. NOUN mode of education allows inmates who are desirous of education to continue their education even if in prison. The University is modelled after the University of South Africa (UNISA) where a former apartheid leader and former President of South Africa, Nelson Mandela acquired degree while in prison. Families of many of the inmates that are currently in Kaduna prison celebrated with joy, the positive steps taken by the National Open University of Nigeria and the Nigerian prison service for providing an avenue for the inmates to continue with their education while in prison. The 17th matriculation ceremony of the newly admitted students was held on the 30th of June, 2018 at the Kaduna prison premises where the inmates were matriculated. Addressing the matriculating students, the vice Chancellor’s Office Director, Professor Abdalla Uba Adamu stated that one of the mission of NOUN is to cover all nooks and crannies of Nigeria by making education available to the interested students irrespective of their creed, geographical locations and conditions. He stated further that the tuition fee for all inmates is free and that NOUN is happy with the performance of the inmates and the good characters they have demonstrated so far during their studies. The University also commended Some of the prison officers whose exceptional services towards the successful enrollment of the inmates were made possible, a special recognition was given to DSP Abubakar, known for his professional conducts while discharging his duties. The Vice Chancellor’s representative, while concluding his remarks, assured parents of the inmates that the University would give the inmates all the needed support to excel in their studies. While expressing their gratitude to the school management and the prison services for making their dream come to reality, the inmates however used the occasion to appeal to the Federal Government to look into the over-congestion of the prison space, stating that the prison with capacity of about 500 people was rather accommodation over 1,500 inmates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 10:46pm On Jul 03, 2018
OBASANJO ASSUMES OFFICE AS FACILITATOR AT NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA

Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo has assumed office as a facilitator at the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).

He inspected his office space at the Abeokuta Study Centre on Tuesday.

This was disclosed in a statement by the institution’s Director, Media and Publicity, Mr Ibrahim Sheme.

The Vice-Chancellor of the university, Prof. Abdalla Uba Adamu, had earlier appointed the former president as a facilitator after he bagged a PhD in Christian Theology in January from the institution.

A facilitator is a part-time academic coordinator for students in the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) system which open universities operate.

The Director of the Abeokuta study centre, Prof. Ibrahim Salawu, said the office allocation became necessary, following his appointment as a facilitator in January.

Salawu, who led Obasanjo and other members of staff on a familiarization tour of the centre, said “I am very pleased to have a former President of Nigeria as a colleague in the academia.”

Obasanjo, however, expressed satisfaction at the office space allotted to him and promised to work for the progress of the university.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 03, 2018
ebunlomocrown:
Thanks alot are you sure about it that is a year? I will be more than glad to be sure

am running the program now.. though i defered a semester... I cant conclude but as it is now.. it seems thats what it is.. besides.. noun runs 3 semester in a year, and you can write a first semester exam on second semester not like your regular university where you have to wait for the next first semester..

(1) (2) (3) ... (872) (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.