Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months (14981 Views)

PSC Bars Policemen From Carrying Vips’ Handbags, Umbrellas / Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other / Kwankwaso Spent N4.1billion Pension Fund To Build Houses Pensioners Can’t Afford (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 16, 2013
Idowuogbo: Dat wan na wash joor! Hanhan? Import bawo? Wey Aba bois b get dia own Umbrella factory? Is a lie joor! angry
LOL! you neva hia say we dey import toothpick not to talk of umbrella? grin
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by sweetgala(m): 11:05pm On Sep 16, 2013
If this is true nah serious end time movement for 2015..
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by humblesteve(m): 11:10pm On Sep 16, 2013
Femmyfamous4u: I'm very sure this news is authentic anyway, I'd post the source as soon as I get the newspaper.
Bro pls dnt say d news is authentic simply because u read it frm d Newspaper umm the truth is dat 60to70% of their news re not true there ar jst doin business. Dnt b surprise to c an opposite of wat u read today in tmrows headlines.

I Love my country Naija4life
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by Omotolaaraujo(f): 11:19pm On Sep 16, 2013
How would any person have any idea what the government spends on anything? There is no accountability to the public. I could believe about anything that is said about officials in Nigeria. They have no regard for the people that support them. They rip people off and treat the voters like s*h*i*t. If everyone in the country starved to death, they would see how to quickly they could get rid of the stink, so it didn't mess up their outings.
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by jmoore(m): 11:23pm On Sep 16, 2013
Mods upgrade please, this is embarrassing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by talk2s(m): 12:04am On Sep 17, 2013
Mod, it's embarrassing that up till now, having been this educated and enlightened, U've not amended or simply deleted this thread.
Be clever!
Good. Morning to all who are sensible.
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by DaLover(m): 12:21am On Sep 17, 2013
taharqa: Some people are so STUPI.D, just Plain STU.PID.

How can anybody read this Article, esp the part that says: 'Nigeria spent #4.7bn to import FOOTWEARS, HEADWEARS and UMBRELLAS', and believe it to mean that the Govt imported #4.7bn worth of Umbrellas, for ffuck's sake? So the traders who imported these Goods from China and Co work for the Govt??

JEEZ!!! Some Chaps can be so incredibly DENSE. God Forbid!

This is exactly why it is so easy for APC to brainwash supposedly educated folks, most times I read their comments and don't even know where to start from

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by chukxie(m): 1:59am On Sep 17, 2013
It was said in the article that "Nigeria" spent N4.7 billion to import umbrellas and headgear. No where was the FG mentioned. Probably you have to read the article a second time to get the message.
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by oseo1(m): 4:40am On Sep 17, 2013
Can the mods please close this thread, the original post is misleading. Or at least lock it so there can't be any more comments
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by kabba7(m): 6:12am On Sep 17, 2013
talk2s: Mod, it's embarrassing that up till now, having been this educated and enlightened, U've not amended or simply deleted this thread.
Be clever!
Good. Morning to all who are sensible.

If so much is used as reported WhaT will be the figures for drinks with special referenve to champne ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ other hotter one's heard some people in Aso villa do indulge even to excess !!
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by Nobody: 6:31am On Sep 17, 2013
This thread is a sign that the political opposition is populated by a herd of synchronously bleating buffoons. Most of the comments by members of the opposition here betrays their lack of thoughtfulness and their senseless dogmatism.
In as much as I dislike this present dispensation, I am more wary of the alternative because propanganda and hypocrisy seems to be their tools of trade. Even people whose posts I respect on Nairaland have also jumped on the bandwagon, commenting senselessly with prejudice.
God help Nigeria. sad

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by disloman(m): 6:38am On Sep 17, 2013
anonimi: Our Herd mentality na real wa for this country oh!
Nigeria's EXTERNAL trade news report suddenly translates to FG imports umbrella.
Sometimes you wonder if people went to night schools where they used lanterns and candles to teach them.
Meanwhile no one saw this part, I guess:

No wonder Tinubu & co were just cleaning us up like crazy (and still continue to do) selling us mumu-cious propaganda & outright LIES that is empty!!!
If whatever u just said is right?then I still think it makes no sense balancing d export trade n import trade by buying footwear n umbrellas.They could av import more important things to balance such trade bt if na APC make such transaction.World no go hear word.hmmmmmmmmmm .
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by babybuzx(f): 7:03am On Sep 17, 2013
Wot da hellcheesy is d FG saying Nigerians ve got no skills in making common umbrellas dat dey ve to import dem?
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by deb(m): 7:08am On Sep 17, 2013
da
disloman: If whatever u just said is right?then I still think it makes no sense balancing d export trade n import trade by buying footwear n umbrellas.They could av import more important things to balance such trade bt if na APC make such transaction.World no go hear word.hmmmmmmmmmm .
yokanu:

Jonathans destiny is to bankrupt Nigeria

I think so too. He started the bankrupcy as an acting president after Yaradua's death spending N10billion on Oct.1st for a one day event.

That was what made me make a U-turn on the support for his presidency after initially parading myself on the street on his behalf to be allowed take charge of leadership while Yaradua was sick.

Its either Nigerians have short memory or they are just plain stupid; something I believe is a ripple effect of too much Africa Magic.

You are what you see overtime when you consume too much contents produced with the lowest level of mediocrity; it shapes your life and reasoning subconsciously.
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by FrankC3: 7:23am On Sep 17, 2013
disloman: If whatever u just said is right?then I still think it makes no sense balancing d export trade n import trade by buying footwear n umbrellas.They could av import more important things to balance such trade bt if na APC make such transaction.World no go hear word.hmmmmmmmmmm .

Do you even know what 'balance of trade' means? 'They could have imported more important things...' Who are the they Government does not just go and import things to balance trade. I don't even know where to start.
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by eldoradoxx: 7:41am On Sep 17, 2013
dayokanu: Jonathans destiny is to bankrupt Nigeria
one begins to wonder whether some people here are properly educated. The report dealt with the over all economic performance sector by sector giving figures. It further stated that Footwears, headgears and umbrellas worth 4.7 billion naira was imported. Did it say it is Fed Govt that imported them ? Does Fed govt sell footwears and headgears and umbrellas? It is sad that you people are never objective and mature in your criticism of the president and that is why no sane person take you people serious. Criticism ought to be forward looking, progressive, done in good faith and not blind and bitter.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by belicov(m): 7:43am On Sep 17, 2013
jmaine: Witches and wizards are preparing to congregate grin
and dem talk say money no d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ 4 ASUU na God go judge una
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by eightsin(m): 7:45am On Sep 17, 2013
People hear what they want to hear.
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by abdul23(m): 7:52am On Sep 17, 2013
I'm I the only that believe the title of this thread is quite misleading to meet some people's fantasy.
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by deb(m): 7:52am On Sep 17, 2013
eldoradoxx: one begins to wonder whether some people here are properly educated. The report dealt with the over all economic performance sector by sector giving figures. It further stated that Footwears, headgears and umbrellas worth 4.7 billion naira was imported. Did it say it is Fed Govt that imported them ? Does Fed govt sell footwears and headgears and umbrellas? It is sad that you people are never objective and mature in your criticism of the president and that is why no sane person take you people serious. Criticism ought to be forward looking, progressive, done in good faith and not blind and bitter.

Ok you have been heard, but who is the President of the nation that imported such huge amount of Umberellas? Everything rises and falls on leadership and that is what you blinded Jolatan supporters don't want to hear. We remember how OBJ regulated the import of rice then; a detailed leader pays attention to his responsibilities.
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by abdul23(m): 8:09am On Sep 17, 2013
PhenomenonVFX: This thread is a sign that the political opposition is populated by a herd of synchronously bleating buffoons. Most of the comments by members of the opposition here betrays their lack of thoughtfulness and their senseless dogmatism.
In as much as I dislike this present dispensation, I am more wary of the alternative because propanganda and hypocrisy seems to be their tools of trade. Even people whose posts I respect on Nairaland have also jumped on the bandwagon, commenting senselessly with prejudice.
God help Nigeria. sad
I use to oppose GEJ in most of my discussions,but seeing the massive loads of distraction and overwhelming lies from the opposition.I began to pity him,it's hard working on such environment and yet he is still trying his best(though i'v not been opportuned in this his government).I know he has the masses at heart and we just need a little patient with him.....sorry for my typo errors.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by sogoisrael(m): 8:20am On Sep 17, 2013
Austeenxx: ...
lwkmd , or how e take make us buy new keeper
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 17, 2013
theoctopus: Even the MODs have joined in the show of Shame. The day they will take NL on for defamation and and spreading false information, na Seun I pity! You are not like Sahara reporters hiding somewhere in New York oh! Mind what you publish! Stop publishing false information. I don talk my own
Mr man wake up your ideas and stop being sentimental. This is a forum; every news reported here is expected to have a link. This post has a link from one of Nigeria's best seling newspaper. NL DOES NOT POST the news, nairalanders like u does. OP only posted what was written exactly on the link..click and see for ursef. If it were a good report from the FG u will not be here making all this noise even if the news is true or false. FG is always referred to most times as NIGERIA. If FG signs any pact with any other goverment or company..the title is always 'NIGERIA' does this or that. If the report is misleading, its the editors @ tribune news paper u face not the OP or the MODs. Thank you!
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by Chizua(m): 9:00am On Sep 17, 2013
Simple comprehension!!! FG spent or Nigerian import consumption. Just like your garri, eba, chewing gum etc.
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by Kk4(m): 9:20am On Sep 17, 2013
In other words, there is a market in Nigeria for umbrellas and head gears. Investors should invest. Period

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by Kk4(m): 9:22am On Sep 17, 2013
ladepete:
Mr man wake up your ideas and stop being sentimental. This is a forum; every news reported here is expected to have a link. This post has a link from one of Nigeria's best seling newspaper. NL DOES NOT POST the news, nairalanders like u does. OP only posted what was written exactly on the link..click and see for ursef. If it were a good report from the FG u will not be here making all this noise even if the news is true or false. FG is always referred to most times as NIGERIA. If FG signs any pact with any other goverment or company..the title is always 'NIGERIA' does this or that. If the report is misleading, its the editors @ tribune news paper u face not the OP or the MODs. Thank you!

U scared? Why u'hv to reply him!?
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by ddeola: 9:23am On Sep 17, 2013
All these can be produced in Nigeria. If this report is true, then this is another proof to tell you that the current crop of leaders are incompetent. Why are they taking jobs away from Nigerians and enriching foreigners? This table will surely turn one day
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by Delafruita(m): 9:25am On Sep 17, 2013
anonimi: In fact the FAVOURABLE balance of trade is a big plus for Jonathan's administration correcting the rot of so many decades by clueless MILITARY coupists who did nothing to move our economy forward.
Kudos to GEJ again for THOUGHTFUL policies that are now yielding results!!!
i guess you missed this sentence

"According to the analysis, imports increased by 13.5 per cent, while exports decreased by 34.1 per cent year on year."

how dos any sensible person applaud policies that reduce exports by a whooping 34.1% in a single year while imports in that same year increased by 13.5%?you are either deliberately myopic or going senile
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by Delafruita(m): 9:35am On Sep 17, 2013
Frank-C:

Do you even know what 'balance of trade' means? 'They could have imported more important things...' Who are the they Government does not just go and import things to balance trade. I don't even know where to start.
in as much as i disdain the falsehood been propagated by the misleading topic of this thread,it will be important for us not to divert from the crux of the report/article.you guys seem to be more interested in the fact that there is a "balance of trade" and totally disinterested in the most important sentence in the entire report

"According to the analysis, imports increased by 13.5 per cent, while exports decreased by 34.1 per cent year on year."

that sentence is a gross indictment of whatever policies ebele has put in place in the past 3years. the decrease in exports is enormous while import has also increased.this simply shows that all attempt to translate our economy from an importing one to an exporting one havent only failed,they have made the situation worse.it doesnt matter if trade is balanced,it doesnt even matter how balanced it is,whats most important is for the economy to grow and it will never grow if policies dont favour exports
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by MARKGREAT(m): 9:55am On Sep 17, 2013
GOD BLESS ( FR) OF NIGERIA AND HER GOVERNMENT. GOD BLESS THE LEADERS O LORD. THANK YOU. MARKADAMKOLE@GMAIL.COM.
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by Orikinla(m): 10:32am On Sep 17, 2013
PDP needs more umbrellas.
Re: Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months by lekea4(m): 11:17am On Sep 17, 2013
Femmyfamous4u: According to the headline if one of the dailies today, it is reported that FG has awarded a contract to import umbrellas to the tune of 4.7 billion naira.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/21704-nigeria-spent-n4-7bn-to-import-umbrellas,-headgear-in-3-months.html
[/sub][sub]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Upholds Reversal Of Kashamu, Others Suspension by PDP / Yahaya Bello Is An Unfortunate Governor, We Want Direct Primaries - Kogi APC / APC Governors Rally Round Buni-Led Caretaker Team As 2023 Hots Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.