Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready (25207 Views)

MTN To Withdraw Multi-million Digital Library Donated To UNILAG / Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down / 'Multi-campus Jesuit University In Africa' For Imo, Edo & Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by emiye(m): 3:40am On Sep 18, 2013
Some ten years ago, UNILAG produced a similar card with a chip by the same interswitch, as students ID card,this doesnt look to me like a new innovation.
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by lurvy: 4:45am On Sep 18, 2013
[size=15pt]This is a good innovation, it shows that the END is near for fake students, with TIME, THINGS will change for good in the university![/size]
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by Nobody: 5:26am On Sep 18, 2013
Chai niaja.

even high schools have this shit
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by DexxyAlebs(m): 5:44am On Sep 18, 2013
op, i don't think this d first in Nigeria i saw d same type of university card at a place where i went to write an exam (before d said launch date for dis 1 which means itsnt unilorin) which has verve inscribed on it, which wld definately be usd for payment systems. gather ur facts well bro
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by U235weapongrade: 5:47am On Sep 18, 2013
Bad belle people full Nairaland o..All of Una claiming my school did dis,my school did Dat,I'm sure u guys missed were they talked about "access control"

The one UNN gave me in 2007 was just for identification and ATM purposes...

BETA BY FAR- Tuale

BTW some1 mentioned about the "UNILORIN 44" which made all schools go on strike one year like that, uniilorin learnt from that episode and has neva gone on strike for a Long time now,why those dat fought for them are still going on strike...

1 Like

Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by Nobody: 5:52am On Sep 18, 2013
First of its kind indeed. OAU pre-degree I'd card has all this features and this has been on before 2007. My set was 2007 and that was what we used. They should stop making noise as if they have set any record. "Glorified Secondary school chunning out half baked graduates" First of its kind indeed. OAU pre-degree I'd card has all this features and this has been on before 2007. My set was 2007 and that was what we used. They should stop making noise as if they have set any record. "Glorified Secondary school chunning out half baked graduates" First of its kind indeed. OAU pre-degree I'd card has all this features and this has been on before 2007. My set was 2007 and that was what we used. They should stop making noise as if they have set any record. "Glorified Secondary school chunning out half baked graduates"
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by olushowunm(m): 5:56am On Sep 18, 2013
NIGERIANS WILL ALWAYS BE NIGERIANS.. THIS HAS BEEN EXISTING IN COVENANT UNIVERSITY SINCE 2007 AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE STATEMENT: " FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER"... ALWAYS DISREGARDING OUR PREDECESSORS AND AS IF SOMETHING NEW IS COMING OUT...

THATS A BLACK MAN MENTALITY...
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by Pearlyakin(m): 6:19am On Sep 18, 2013
End time tinz,unibadan is their father take it or leave it.
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by Tessy2009(m): 6:22am On Sep 18, 2013
Unilorin isn't the first to have this in Nigeria. A.B.U Zaria already implemented this and issued same to some Students.
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by eightsin(m): 6:22am On Sep 18, 2013
Good development...
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by Nobody: 6:29am On Sep 18, 2013
Dis card has been in use @ ebonyi state uni, cos a friend of mine in dat skul has dat card wen she gained admission into d skul now she is in her final yr, so it's no news. Gud one sha for uniilorin
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by Rehil(f): 6:36am On Sep 18, 2013
A.B.U Zaria has been using this card since 2006,which first of his kindwhen i got admission it was started with us pls
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by agabaI23(m): 6:45am On Sep 18, 2013
Neyoor: First of its Kind! Kudos to the VC for achieving this. Admin send this to frontpage plsss
Are you sure? I think they have been using that at UNIZIK for sometime now.
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by Phuad23: 6:53am On Sep 18, 2013
Anyway unilag once used it b4 but it doesnt serve d 3 purposes den while dis will serve as identification, payment of sch fees and gate pass to enter any building in d sch. Am proud to b an alumni. Better by far

1 Like

Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by CoolKizzy(m): 6:58am On Sep 18, 2013
unizik has been using this card since 2008 in partnership with spring bank and interswitch. I will scan and share where I get to the office.
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by Ustec: 7:04am On Sep 18, 2013
emiye: Some ten years ago, UNILAG produced a similar card with a chip by the same interswitch, as students ID card,this doesnt look to me like a new innovation.
. Ok we don ea...all we knw is dat unilorin is 1st 2 use a multi-factional ID card..not student ATM card provided 2 ur school by a bank..bad bellee

4 Likes

Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by ibromanner(m): 7:10am On Sep 18, 2013
Proudly Better By Far grad.

2 Likes

Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by UyiIredia(m): 7:16am On Sep 18, 2013
UNILORIN is better than other Federal universities in this respect: they don't suffer strikes. They pay ASUU and hijacked their school fees to prevent that.

1 Like

Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by orgy: 7:16am On Sep 18, 2013
Suo!!!...this na news....UNIZIK has been using this for years now
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by NuhuIbrahim(m): 7:17am On Sep 18, 2013
Good card i like it
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by 3ace(m): 7:19am On Sep 18, 2013
“The University of Ilorin is trying to embrace the internationalization drive whereby once you graduate from the University you will feel comfortable wherever you go.
Since this card also serves as an ATM, that means graduates of the school can continue to use it after school as indicated by the above quote except I misinterpreted it. But the questions are would they have to come back everytime in order to renew it and would they still have access to all these key buildings and offices after school or the school will block access after graduation leaving only the ATM function on the card?
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by vikiyano(m): 7:28am On Sep 18, 2013
Una no sabi read All u guys sayin its nt 1st, ur I'd card dey grant u access to ur Library, classroom, and oda places mention Urs as jst solely atm bla bla bla and moreover oda institutions porject are always failed project...
UNILORIN is doing great in jst everything

4 Likes

Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by mercieblinks: 7:30am On Sep 18, 2013

1 Like

Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by Yeske: 7:33am On Sep 18, 2013
mbhs139:

No! That's not true, I used similar card at YabaTech in 2004. We call it SMARTCARD. It was also later introduced in UNILAG in 2005. It carries your bio-metric: finger prints, etc.

You are right. My 2003 Yabatech ID card was an ATM card too. I have forgotten the name of the bank.
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by UkwuNnu(m): 7:36am On Sep 18, 2013
First of which kind? Something that UNIZIK has been using since 2007/2008. undecided undecided

Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by bknight: 7:44am On Sep 18, 2013
My disappointment is d fact dat it wasn't created nor propelled by the students. A professor brought d idea! And interswitch created it!! SMH!!! embarassed cry sad
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 18, 2013
bishopoliver: with that sef.....no Naija university dey 1000 most influential universities for the world.. sad
u r talking abt top 1000? No naija university is among the top 6000 university in the world..
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by dejijohns(m): 7:48am On Sep 18, 2013
ucyoma: Hw dx tin tak d affect ASUU strike
Nuttin concern Unilorin wit ASUU strike...

2 Likes

Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by emiye(m): 7:49am On Sep 18, 2013
Ustec: . Ok we don ea...all we knw is dat unilorin is 1st 2 use a multi-factional ID card..not student ATM card provided 2 ur school by a bank..bad bellee
Bad belle over what Interswitch did this stuff in UNILAG in 2002, it was a multifuntional ID card called SMARTCARD and not student ATM Card provided by a bank as you thought.
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by gratiaeo(m): 7:52am On Sep 18, 2013
This Yoruba cum Hausa people can lie o! First of kind ke'
Something wey i don use throwaway as far back as 2009 Unizik
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by ceospecial(m): 8:05am On Sep 18, 2013
shocked Now I'm back! Father we thank thee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? / First Class Graduate / FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.