Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,381 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready (25208 Views)

MTN To Withdraw Multi-million Digital Library Donated To UNILAG / Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down / 'Multi-campus Jesuit University In Africa' For Imo, Edo & Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by matrixme(m): 10:54am On Sep 18, 2013
It's funny how a multi-use ID card produced by a local company becomes a tool for the internationalization of a university. How exactly has that enhanced research or boost the knowledge and the quality of life of humanity that an ideal university is meant for? Nigerian universities would not cease to amuse me. I'm sorry Mr VC, I did not share your views on this one.
Anyway, there has been news on local malaria drug discovery coming from this institution, I think they should focus more on that.
http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/en/237-unilorinnews/1920-unilorin-discovers-new-anti-malaria-compounds
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by Shekson(m): 10:58am On Sep 18, 2013
Misplaced priority
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by Kayautojun(m): 11:02am On Sep 18, 2013
Unilag had value-card ID card back in 2001.......
Had bank cards as ID card in 2005

so what is first of its kind?
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by ibro360(m): 11:23am On Sep 18, 2013
this kind of i.d card was used in university of maiduguri abt 4 yrs ago bt failed.
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by dazzy4real(m): 12:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
I truly admire this unilorin dey re making nigeria university proud d rate at which they embrace the modern tech is superb ride on I only wish I was in a skul like dis... ASUU is striking am skul sick joor!

1 Like

Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by Adobanyi(m): 12:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
Better By Far University..
Good Innovation...
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by Mizkeri(f): 1:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
time to throw those annoying library and clinic cards away but i hope i.d cards wont start disappearing mysteriously

1 Like

Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by aigjoey(m): 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2013
unilorin isnt d first to introduce an id card with bankin services on it... some schools in d east hav it too. all d same a big congratulation to unilorin
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by payme(m): 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2013
Well Its unique but I don't think its a first as Unilag did something like that 4yrs back...I still remember vividly! Well irrespectively of whoz first or not, Kudos to unilorin for standing out
Truly Beta by Far...Probtas Doctrina! Standing out amongsts all other Universities

N.B: ASUU pls oº°˚˚
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by Jarus(m): 5:44pm On Sep 18, 2013
Good one.
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by erasergozy: 6:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
Dats my project and proposal to my school back them in 2008, I am inviting EFCC to investigate my project supervisor, my HOD, my department and my school (name withheld).
Its a welcome development by the way. Now I know the importance of copy write.
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by ikochukwu(m): 6:30pm On Sep 18, 2013
What if PHCN take light..no lectures be that!!!#SKELEWU .....used on ATM,POS etc..so bad boys no fit mob again?..
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by sherif4owo(m): 6:30pm On Sep 18, 2013
searay: GEJ is working

wetin gej do for here. . . .

Thumbs up my alma mata!
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by adet991(f): 7:57pm On Sep 18, 2013
Ama UNILORINITE,Probitas Doctrina

1 Like

Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by mamaafrik(m): 8:49pm On Sep 18, 2013
1st of kind ke?,skye bank & fpi designed our skul's id can dat b used to witdraw cash 4rm their atm @ fed poly ilaro way bck 2010.
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by piagetskinner(m): 10:30pm On Sep 18, 2013
ochejoseph: This guys have not gone on strive for more than one decade , I remember we went on strike for 11 of their lecturers that were sacked in 2001
The school has made good progress over the years churning our quality graduates in good time .
While their other colleagues are busy,looking for the next female student Bra to un strap,the next empty book or handout to force on students ,the next student to victimise,the next student union money to burrow and never pay , the lecturers at UNIILORIN are busy impacting knowledge

Nigerian students know their enemies !
those who have collected free 40 months salaries in 10 years for seating at home , and those who have used Us as Guinea pigs to have their salaries trippled over the last ten years and are not yet satisfied!

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
wasn't 11, twas 44 lecturers that we're sacked back then....ProbiTAs DoctRina
!

1 Like

Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 18, 2013
UNILORIN ANTHEM
Abraham T.J. Adavi

In love, peace and harmony,
We shall build the tower of wisdom;
Unilorin!

Hear the clarion call,

In unity we grow

Committed to the seat of our learnings,

Our hearts from vanities.

Standing firm in wisdom, in
knowledge and in truth,
We honour your virtues;
Unilorin, you stand in strength and pride,

Learning, winning, building, praying,
Showing the way for all who yearn;

Making a future for the ones who follow,

Rising high we must never turn.

Ilorin, Unilorin, your torch has guided us
Upwards and onwards,

Ilorin, Unilorin our Alma Mater,
We sing!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Upwards and onwards,

May Almighty Continue to bless my One and Only Probitas Doctrina ....... I am Proud to be Better By Far ........... Simply the Best

1 Like

Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by bola4dprec(m): 12:33am On Sep 19, 2013
Jesus,Issa or whatsoever you may concluded to call him, he was not the first person to delivered message to mankind but he was crucified and later elevated conclusively nothing new under the sun I appreciate how unilorin applied motivations on its endeavours what is the excess of mentioning name of schools that have initiated exemplary step, but failed to continue, all the same its well with unilorin haven part away from unibadan they have achieved tremendously. In love, peace and harmony, We shall build the tower of wisdom; Unilorin! Hear the clarion call, In unity we grow Committed to the seat of our learnings, Our hearts from vanities. Standing firm in wisdom, in knowledge and in truth, We honour your virtues; Unilorin, you stand in strength and pride, Learning, winning, building, praying, Showing the way for all who yearn; Making a future for the ones who follow, Rising high we must never turn.
Upwards and onwards, Ilorin, Unilorin our Alma Mater, We sing!

2 Likes

Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by adbaba(m): 7:06am On Sep 19, 2013
donroxy: UNILORIN ANTHEM
Abraham T.J. Adavi

Unilorin!

Hear the clarion call,

In unity we grow

knowledge and in truth,
We honour your virtues;

Upwards and onwards,

We sing!

Upwards and onwards,

May Almighty Continue to bless my One and Only Probitas Doctrina ....... I am Proud to be Better By Far ........... Simply the Best
cheesy
donroxy: UNILORIN ANTHEM
Abraham T.J. Adavi

Unilorin!

Hear the clarion call,

In unity we grow

knowledge and in truth,
We honour your virtues;

Upwards and onwards,

We sing!

Upwards and onwards,

AMEN! Better by faaaaar indeed!!!

1 Like

Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by piagetskinner(m): 7:51am On Sep 19, 2013
Thumbs up to my alma mata!!...pls what's the whole tussle about who did theirs first,or last?...first or last,UNiLoRin still remains better by far...a school where there is strict adherence to rules...those who don't, are however weeded off...girls don't dress half un clad,bcs of the University's dress code policy....no cultisim...THE liSt iS EnDless.

OH did I mention that they don't strike,not like other uNis who are under the spell of ASUU....**haters r stEaMing*** gringringrin

1 Like

Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by Spyde(m): 8:05am On Sep 19, 2013
Beta by faaAaaaaaaaaarrrrrrr

1 Like

Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 19, 2013
Almost evry ZIKITE has one since 2007... I salute d giants.
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by haddyboyz(m): 9:10am On Sep 19, 2013
beta by farrrr
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by moshammed(m): 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2013
Beta by far university niiii ooooo
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by debbleopto: 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2013
before before it was scoring 25% but now 40%. It is still Better by far. What irritates me is the school jubilating over its non vision and non mission achievement. Imagine Cambridge university celebrating I'd card! When I was there I was pained in heart because laboratories still contained obsolete equipments. the authority spend money on building structures than building brain. many engineers graduated are presently working in financial houses not even related to engineering practices. what school should sincerely be celebrating is research breakthrough, inventions and rare projects. they should contend to be among the best 1000 universities in the world and not ID card, because it is citadel of knowledge and not citadel of ID card.
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by debbleopto: 7:55pm On Sep 19, 2013
mbhs139:

No! That's not true, I used similar card at YabaTech in 2004. We call it SMARTCARD. It was also later introduced in UNILAG in 2005. It carries your bio-metric: finger prints, etc.

when all the other schools are introducing theirs, they ain't celebrating their's like this. Unilorin always lag behind. if UNILAG strike 20 years and Unilorin didn't, yet Unilag will still beat them hands down. Surprisingly while typing on android keypad, it brings out Unilag but could not bring unilorin even with 10 years of no strike. Even ten years to come, OAU Certificate will be gladly accepted in USA before unilorin certificate.
Re: New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready by debbleopto: 8:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
powerblaze: Covenant university has this card since 2005.. Next!

one of the first feat of unilorin is this: you cannot visit your. friends in other hostel unless the warden called him out and he came to pick you.
question are the graduates getting job faster than other school graduates? please let me know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

First Class Graduate / What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School? / FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.