Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether (1156 Views)

Can A True Christian Abandon Christianity? / 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part Two) / 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether by huxley(m): 1:07pm On Jun 21, 2008
Educate yourself and abandon Christianity and religion altogether

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~slocks/decon.html
Re: Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether by Florence22(f): 1:16pm On Jun 21, 2008
is better to educate ourselves, but education without knownledge doesn't make sense? and where do u get that?
Re: Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether by unphilaz(m): 8:18am On Jul 03, 2011
Thanks HuX, the site is a good collection of wat Paul stated as 'falling away' and NOW am waiting for the manifestation of the man of sin 2thess 2 then my Lord Jesus appears. so am grateful at least to know that d falling away is not some future episode but its happening NOW! oh come Lord Jesus!Amen
Re: Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 03, 2011
huxley:

By stepping in to redirect people away from GOD Almighty and his SON Christ Jesus, you publicly pronounce yourself as his ENEMY and you will receive you just reward.

While it is true that I for one and many others have issues with churchianity, that does not negate the true gospel of Jesus Christ.

The site you mentioned appears to be for liberal Christians, many of whom support abortion, homosexuality and all manner of perversion. These are those who do not believe the bible is the entire word of God and pick and choose what suits their loose life style.

Because they see Jesus as a show stopper, they would rather throw off his call for their salvation and continue in their destructive ways.

I am sorry but JESUS is it, there is no other way under heaven by which a man or woman can be saved but by JESUS Christ.

You might set up forums and attract a following, you might argue all day long, but one fact is YOU and I are racing towards Judgement and one day you will stand before the Almighty God and give account for the way you lived you life on this earth and how you influenced others for good or for bad,.

GOD remains GOD, despite your rantings, he cannot deny himself and cannot change, the same yesterday , today and forever,
Re: Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 03, 2011
@huxley , but regarding church cults and abusive groups, we are on the same page.

Many so called men of God are indeed frauds and are in it for the money.

The education that many people need today and which I will start this week , is WHAT IS THE TRUE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST ?

Many here are proclaiming LIES and HALF-TRUTHS, but GOD is not a part of it.
Re: Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether by harakiri(m): 11:29am On Jul 03, 2011
@frosbel. . . I've had it. Can you show concrete proof that this "god" exists without referring to manipulated "holy" scripts,sentiments and derailing remarks? @huxley. . . Welcome back. You've been here before me and your old threads have earned you legendary status in the religious section (you ought to be a mod at least).
Re: Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:41am On Jul 03, 2011
actually i diasagree with this.  angry

educate yourself in order to chose the right religion. that should be the trend.

without a fear of God, this world would be run over by immorality and theft, r.ape, murder, etc., will become more common.
Re: Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 03, 2011
harakiri:

@frosbel. . . I've had it. Can you show concrete proof that this "god" exists without referring to manipulated "holy" scripts,sentiments and derailing remarks? @huxley. . . Welcome back. You've been here before me and your old threads have earned you legendary status in the religious section (you ought to be a mod at least).

The FOOL says in his heart that there is NO GOD.  Even the devils who are greater in power and wisdom, believe and tremble.

"THE [empty-headed] fool has said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable deeds; there is none that does good or right" - Pslam 14:1

"You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror" - James 2:19

"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed." - 2 Peter 2:12

"The fool." The Atheist is the fool pre-eminently, and a fool universally. He would not deny God if he were not a fool by nature, and having denied God it is no marvel that he becomes a fool in practice. Sin is always folly, and as it is the height of sin to attack the very existence of the Most High, so is it also the greatest imaginable folly. To say there is no God is to belie the plainest evidence, which is obstinacy; to oppose the common consent of mankind, which is stupidity;

to stifle consciousness, which is madness. If the sinner could by his atheism destroy the God whom he hates there were some sense, although much wickedness, in his infidelity; but as denying the existence of fire does not prevent its burning a man who is in it, so doubting the existence of God will not stop the Judge of all the earth from destroying the rebel who breaks his laws; nay, this atheism is a crime which much provokes heaven, and will bring down terrible vengeance on the fool who indulges it. The proverb says, "A fool's tongue cuts his own throat," and in this instance it kills both soul and body for ever: would to God the mischief stopped even there, but alas! one feel makes hundreds, and a noisy blasphemer spreads his horrible doctrines as lepers spread the plague.

Ainsworth, in his "Annotations," tells us that the word here used is Nabal, which has the signification of fading, dying, or falling away, as a withered leaf or flower; it is a title given to the foolish man as having lost the juice and sap of wisdom, reason, honesty, and godliness. Trapp hits the mark when he calls him "that sapless fellow, that carcase of a man, that walking sepulchre of himself, in whom all religion and right reason is withered and wasted, dried up and decayed."

Some translate it the apostate, and others the wretch. With what earnestness should we shun the appearance of doubt as to the presence, activity, power and love of God, for all such mistrust is of the nature of folly, and who among us would wish to be ranked with the fool in the text? Yet let us never forget that all unregenerate men are more or less such fools." - Treasury of David
Re: Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether by LagosShia: 12:14pm On Jul 03, 2011
@frosbel

did i just read what you quoted?

"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed." - 2 Peter 2:12

so much talk of destruction coming from the "turn your cheek" people.

as for the OP,your BS on atheism hardly move me to honor or dignify it with a reply.even thoug i must sadly admit that i do agree with many points and facts and evidence that atheists bring against christianity and the bible.in a recent report,it was stated that many atheists became atheists after reading the bible by themselves from A-Z!!!!!!!!!
Re: Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 03, 2011
LagosShia

did i just read what you quoted?

God has the power to destroy the ungodly at the time of judgement. If you had read carefully without instant bias, you might have realised this was in reference to GOD destroying the wicked.

After all ALLAH is also called the DESTROYER, so maybe the Quran is also wrong on this
Re: Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether by Sweetnecta: 1:04pm On Jul 03, 2011
@the muslims; lets wait to see the 'gospel of Jesus' from frosbel, as he promised. i hope it is soon.
we already have in the book, gospels according to john, luke, mark and matthew. the gospel of jesus is coming to us, soon, from frosbel.

@frosbel; Allah is the True Destroyer. Just like He is the True Rescuer, Savior, Protector, Lord, God, Creator, Owner of Mercy, Sustainer, Owner of The Throne, Judge, etc. anyone else you give any of these positions and or titles, you have put him or her or it where that entity does not belong, but belongs only in the creature's category with you and I.

but am waiting for your promised 'gospel of jesus' thread. don't keep me waiting for long, now.
Re: Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 03, 2011
@Sweetnecta

@frosbel; Allah is the True Destroyer. Just like He is the True Rescuer, Savior, Protector, Lord, God, Creator, Owner of Mercy, Sustainer, Owner of The Throne, Judge, etc. anyone else you give any of these positions and or titles, you have put him or her or it where that entity does not belong, but belongs only in the creature's category with you and I.

You have forgotten, that he was also called in the QURAN the DECEIVER and the PROUD ONE.

"But they (the Jews) were deceptive, and Allah was deceptive, for Allah is the best of deceivers (Wamakaroo wamakara Allahu waAllahu khayru al-makireena)!" S. 3:54; cf. 8:30

"He is the One GOD; there is no other god beside Him. The King, the Most Sacred, the Peace, the Most Faithful, the Supreme, the Almighty, the Most Powerful, t[b]he Most Proud (al-mutakabbiru)[/b]. GOD be glorified; far above having partners." S. 59:23

Totally contrary to this deity Allah, Yahweh deceived and deceives no one, he is also marked for his great HUMILITY.

but am waiting for your promised 'gospel of jesus' thread. don't keep me waiting for long, now.

Sure, you will see it shortly
Re: Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether by Sweetnecta: 1:41pm On Jul 03, 2011
^^^^^^^^ [Quote]Totally contrary to this deity Allah, Yahweh deceived and deceives no one, he is also marked for his great HUMILITY.[/Quote]the bold is classic and i will tell you why;
as to not being a deceiver, i am confused, so you need to explain to me how Yahweh sent Moses on a mission, and he was on the job to complete the mission, when suddenly Yahweh was trying to kill him. is there any clear thinking in such an action to kill your messenger who is yet to deliver your message? are you saying Moses didn't feel deceived, thinking no harm will come from Yahweh since he is delivering His Message? if i am trying to circumvent you from reaching your destination, when i am the one who gave you the goal to reach and the road map to get there, will you not say that i have deceived you? is Yahweh's position not that of a deceiver, in this case?

lets go further. the same Yahweh Who said and was assumed that no human eyes can see Him, you now say walked around in the streets of Jerusalem, Galilee, Nazareth, etc as Jesus. if this is true, has the invisible Yahweh not deceived those who believed Him to be invisible? if Yahweh says He is the Creator, has He not deceived when He became creature as Jesus, if this is true? i can give you many many deceiving acts your Yahweh committed including being the All Knowing and as Jesus became lacking of knowledge.

How is the Humility when as Jesus was arrogant to the 1000th degree, by beating down old business people instead of calmly advising them, as Muhammad [as] did with the man who urinated in the mosque, telling him,mosque is meant for three; make salah, read Quran and remember God. this advise will apply to people doing business inside the mosque, because exchanging monies from one person to another and other business discussions are carried out outside the prayer space, even today.

i can give you non humility position of Yahweh. but you should read your old testament where n the 10 commandments, you will at least find 2 non humility positions that you christians have disregarded by putting Jesus and the cross and the catholic sect have added Mary, too.
Re: Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether by Sweetnecta: 1:52pm On Jul 03, 2011
[Quote]"But they (the Jews) were deceptive, and Allah was deceptive (to the deceptive Jews), for Allah is the best of deceivers [to those who are deceivers, like the deceptive Jews [i did not change your chosen word 'deception, deceptive, deceiving, deceiver', even though the correct word is planner, planning, plan] (Wamakaroo wamakara Allahu waAllahu khayru al-makireena)!" S. 3:54; cf. 8:30

"He is the One GOD; there is no other god beside Him. The King, the Most Sacred, the Peace, the Most Faithful, the Supreme, the Almighty, the Most Powerful, the Most [the Only One Who has the Right to [everyone else who says he is proud is a liar because his pride is empty]]Proud (al-mutakabbiru). GOD be glorified; far above having partners." S. 59:23[/Quote] the above is a better read or something that your mind can grasp, better. frosbel, read it, now.
Re: Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether by IdiAmin2(m): 2:58pm On Jul 03, 2011
God is not the author of confusion - RELIGION IS.

Religion - in any shape or form is the enemy of humanity. It is a tool for mind control and division. Christians (like frosbel) say Jesus is the only way - if you dont change your belief system and start believing like me, then you will burn in Hell. This is called witchcraft! using fear to manipulate and clone others into yourselves.
The Jesus of the bible was constantly fighting against religion and you religious people, called them names - snakes, vipers, hypocrites

Matthew 23:15
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

Christianity spends so much money and effort on evangelism to convert people to their belief system, but when you finally get them, Jesus says 'you make the convert twice as much a child of hell as you yourself' Hypocrites! He calls them! Preach against adultery, but the pastroe is screwing female members, preach against same sex relationships - but they are scuking manliness and bending over **cough cough Odulele*cough**eddie long**

Anyway, if people want to be bound to religion and christianity, it's their choice. I have learnt not to try and ask people to use their heads to think for themselves, especially black people. No way, they dont want to think, it's not they dont want to, THEY CANT. Why? cos the mind has be mind-cuffed with white man's religious concepts. As long as we do not think for ourselves, we will continue to be at the bottom of the world's social & economic order. The European and chinese will be using their minds to stride forward, while we will be filling out churches and stadiums with people raising their hands to heaven, singing 'Jesus we love and worship you' WAKE UP PEOPLE !!!!!!!! angry
Re: Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether by LagosShia: 4:22pm On Jul 03, 2011
frosbel:

LagosShia

God has the power to destroy the ungodly at the time of judgement. If you had read carefully without instant bias, you might have realised this was in reference to GOD destroying the wicked.

After all ALLAH is also called the DESTROYER, so maybe the Quran is also wrong on this

liar! aside from claiming and falsely attributing things to islam and the Quran you are also good in liar about your own scripture.

did you not read this part in the verse?:

born to be caught and destroyed

who will catch them?the verse does not imply or say that it is God that will destroy them at judgement time.the verse is talking about what to do with false teachers in this world.why are you ashamed to face the truth? it says they are born to be caught and destroyed.by who?by men ofcourse like yourself who claim "turn the other cheek".hypocrites!!!
Re: Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether by wetu: 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2011

Mat 16:14  And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
Mat 16:15  He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16  And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17  And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Re: Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 03, 2011
@LagosShia
liar! aside from claiming and falsely attributing things to islam and the Quran you are also good in liar about your own scripture.

Islam as we have always stated cannot be of GOD and is not of GOD.

It is a dead religion that allows people to falsely believe they are on God's side, while still swearing, stealing, fornicating, etc etc.

All the statements I mentioned I standby.
Re: Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether by harakiri(m): 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2011
@frosbel. . . How cheap,lame and typical. I expected better. I said show concrete proof and you revert to sentiments and the same bible with questionable authenticity. You quoted the same lame mantra of "A FOOL SAYS THERE IS NO GOD" and the same "holy" book condemns anyone who refers to another person as a fool to eternal damnation! Who is the fool between me and you? You who swallows hook,line and sinker. . .tales of a man who fed 5,000 people with only 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish OR a virgin who got "pregnant" OR a man who walked on water OR a decomposed dead body named lazarus who "came back to life" OR a man who stayed alive in the belly of a fish for 3 days without being chewed,digested,crushed,no water,no food,no oxygen and yet he remained alive OR the talking donkey of balaam OR a man who told the sun to "stand still" OR. . . . . . I can go on and on to show you what a bloody reetarded mugu you are. You believe all these stories because the white man is always "right". Mumu. Who is the fool now? Reetard! ! !
Re: Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 03, 2011
harakiri:

@frosbel. . . How cheap,lame and typical. I expected better.

You did??!!!!! grin
Re: Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 04, 2011
Frosbel is f**king psychotic. His ramblings smack of someone seeing hallucinations and having delirium tremens.
Re: Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether by thehomer: 8:19pm On Jul 04, 2011
huxley:

If only it were that simple.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Know About God / Rccg Offers Voluntary HIV Testing At Convention / Prophecies Of Moses On Iraq War And The End Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.