Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display (37838 Views)

Introducing The New HTC 10: Beautiful Smartphone With World-class Camera / Gionee S8 With 5.5-inch 1080p Display With 3d Touch, 4gb Ram, Full Metal Body / V10: LG Launches A Smartphone With Two Screens And Two Selfie Cameras (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by kevd4all(m): 12:09pm On Sep 18, 2013

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1312893_Blackberry_Z30_jpge9fdf6b254bed278dfae342ef968c6f6

The company on Wednesday introduced the BlackBerry Z30, a new model that features a 5-inch display, stereo speakers, a bigger battery, and the latest version of its BlackBerry 10 operating system.

The Z30, which was previously known as the BlackBerry A10 when it was in development, and which CEO Thorsten Heins has alluded to, is the company's newest flagship smartphone, occupying the tier above the Z10 and Q10.

The Z30 comes as BlackBerry is actively "exploring strategic alternatives," which is business-speak for looking for a buyer. Speculation has ranged from partnerships and joint ventures to the company getting broken up into pieces that would be more palatable for purchase.

Concerns have mounted on BlackBerry's viability after a brutal first quarter, which saw a disappointing number of BlackBerry 10 devices sold. The company reports its fiscal second-quarter results next week. Reports of layoffs have only exacerbated those fears.

Indeed, despite a buzz-filled launch and early positive impressions, BlackBerry got swallowed up by the flood of other high-profile smartphone launches, including the Samsung Galaxy S4. The announcement comes as Apple is prepared to release iOS 7, and will launch the iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S on Friday.

As such, it's no surprise that BlackBerry is choosing a more low-key format to introduce the Z30, one that doesn't involve a major press conference spanning multiple global locations, like the Z10 launch, or even at its developer conference, like the Q5.

BlackBerry appears to be taking a cue from the trend to go bigger with screen size, pioneered by Samsung and its Galaxy Note franchise. The Z30 features a 5-inch Super AMOLED display, as well as "top-of-the-line components," including a 1.7-gigahertz processor and quad-core graphics. The phone also features a larger 2,880 mAh battery, which it boasts is the largest put into a BlackBerry, which gets 25 hours of mixed use.

Other additions include stereo speakers and Paratek Antenna technology that it said would dynamically tune the reception and provide a better connection in low-signal areas.

On the software side, the Z30 will come with BlackBerry 10.2, which features an enhanced Hub that prioritizes certain contacts and messages, a new notification system with BlackBerry Messenger, and the ability to have icons on the lock screen for better messages and notifications. BB 10.2 will be available to existing BlackBerrys starting mid-October.

The Z30 will launch at select carriers and retailers in the U.K. and the Middle East starting next week, with other regions coming ahead of the holiday season. The Canadian carriers will release their availability dates "shortly," and details for a U.S. release would come soon, according to a representative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQVKISYQ31s&feature=player_embedded
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57603373-94/blackberry-unveils-jumbo-z30-with-company-fate-up-in-the-air/

4 Likes

Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by ammyluv2002(f): 12:23pm On Sep 18, 2013
I'm not interested in any BB phone *no offence* before BB freaks go kill me before God approved time grin

7 Likes

Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by Damon03(m): 12:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
I thought the event was to announce bbm for android and ios... Who's going to buy this Z30

3 Likes

Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by kevd4all(m): 12:34pm On Sep 18, 2013
People who are looking for a devices with a 5" screen size with the largest battery on a BlackBerry and with BlackBerry 10 OS you get the best of both worlds with android unlocked runtime allowing users to sideload almost all android apps...the problem I have with bb users in Nigeria is that most of the people that use it buy it to feel among or as a status symbol they are never able to utilise the full potential of such a device and end up bad mouthing BlackBerry. If you are bizness minded don't see the reason why you would want all the HD games on a phone

27 Likes

Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2013
so blackberry still havnt sold out d company?? ok...

bb indeed...

4 Likes

Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by hardniola(m): 5:24pm On Sep 18, 2013
not bad..........only if d prize we be moderate.
Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by Olumidzti(m): 5:41pm On Sep 18, 2013
I think Blackberry has really tried with this device. It would have been a world beater if it was made in 2011 so.. bad timing. Samsung, Apple, LG are all ahead with specs already.

2 Likes

Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by Fhemmmy: 6:13pm On Sep 18, 2013
They could do couple of things to make some money off this phone:
1. Stop all the rubbish of release in Europe before Canada and USA
2. Make the price affordable
3. make sure that the booting sequence is not as long as other Blackberry phones.

3 Likes

Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by dragnet: 7:10pm On Sep 18, 2013
Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 19, 2013
.40% of bb employees re 2 lose their jobs at d end of d yr as they try 2 meet up with Samsung n Apple.

2 Likes

Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 19, 2013
Who cares about BB anymore

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by habex050: 3:03pm On Sep 19, 2013
why blackberry when android and galaxy never rest,
abeg next chapter

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by Janiobi(m): 3:03pm On Sep 19, 2013
lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy this phone this guys day produce self na wha ooh. we never use mtcheew sorry buy others bb smartphone they go release another remote controle...

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by olusolaj(m): 3:04pm On Sep 19, 2013
kk o.
Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by bigx(m): 3:07pm On Sep 19, 2013
Big z10.

I NO BUY

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by 25Calibre(m): 3:09pm On Sep 19, 2013
Blackberry are really throwing survival punches, to see if any would have an impact.

I though rumours had it they were going to lay off 40% of personnel.

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2013
Naija runz gals!! Over to you!!

8 Likes

Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by crazygod(m): 3:11pm On Sep 19, 2013
If it doesn't hang like the 'curve 2' I'm still using, then d fone makes sense to me

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by ajf(m): 3:12pm On Sep 19, 2013
kevd4all: People who are looking for a devices with a 5" screen size with the largest battery on a BlackBerry and with BlackBerry 10 OS you get the best of both worlds with android unlocked runtime allowing users to sideload almost all android apps...the problem I have with bb users in Nigeria is that most of the people that use it buy it to feel among or as a status symbol they are never able to utilise the full potential of such a device and end up bad mouthing BlackBerry. If you are bizness minded don't see the reason why you would want all the HD games on a phone
What is this one saying?

2 Likes

Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
I knw its cost will be up to #250,000 and d company ill rush to Nigeria to sell it, cos we have money we dnt knw hw to use...4uk z30 is as good as 3310 nokia

5 Likes

Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by Fhemmmy: 3:14pm On Sep 19, 2013
crazygod: If it doesn't hang like the 'curve 2' I'm still using, then d fone makes sense to me

Curve 2 was made when most people have no idea what a smartphone was all about, there has been so much water under the bridge since then.

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by Emmzalon: 3:14pm On Sep 19, 2013
ASUU

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by agrovick(m): 3:15pm On Sep 19, 2013
Front page 3 times in a row. ASUU abeg o, this joblessness don do
Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by begwong: 3:15pm On Sep 19, 2013
Android for life!

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 19, 2013
End time phone tongue

3 Likes

Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by Milllz: 3:21pm On Sep 19, 2013
A complete copy of htc one m7 design. Not funny RIM, I can't have someone using a look alike like mine.
Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by iamdsam: 3:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
The blackberry company is no longer innovative. They got no new features that will attract customers to purchase their products. This is same thing with nokia and even samsung
Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by Fazhy: 3:26pm On Sep 19, 2013
Damon03: I thought the event was to announce bbm for android and ios... Who's going to buy this Z30

Trust Nigerians

Re: BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display by Holuwahphemy(m): 4:35pm On Sep 19, 2013
Everybody are just talking about samsung galaxy nd apple iphone. Tecno android alone, is capable of closing down black berry company. Get yourself phanton A+ from tecno, and you will forget bb. Still waiting for tecno andriod with bbm. /Team tecno android/

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Battery Killing Mistakes We Make Daily / Nokia 7.2 Unboxing And Full Review. Default Camera Vs GCAM V7 + Price (photos) / Please, Can Someone Suggest A Good Phone Under 85k That Isn't Tecno Or Infinix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.