Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,584 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Top 5 Android Apps For Church Lovers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top 5 Android Apps For Church Lovers (1182 Views)

Picture Of A Nairalander Heading For Church To Praise Her Creator / 8 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Service / 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Android Apps For Church Lovers by vowiski(m): 12:36pm On Sep 18, 2013
A friend of mine was asked to stand in front of a congregation for sincerely reading the Bible from his Windows Tablet and I simply told him I’d walk away if I got similar treatment from any preacher. You are free to call it pride or whatever but that’s not the point, the point is that technology has come to stay and the Church is certainly not an exception.

I can’t remember the last I carried a print version of the Bible and that’s doesn’t make me less a Christian neither does carrying the Biggest golden cover print Bible make anyone more holy.

If that was the case, then everyone should have long scrolls portions of the Bible. The emergence of printing machines and computers made the Bible compilable and easy to carry. As that was the case then so it is now. We can have the Bible inside our PCs, Tablets and Smartphones.

Mobile Bibles or e-Bibles are really incredible and a nice collection to the list of apps on our app drawer. Christian religious apps have played a major role in the $25 Billion app industry.
Top Christian Android Apps

So you have got that exciting Android powered device and you don’t know what Church app you would need to get more understanding of scriptures? Glad to inform you that would be history at the end of this article.

1. Identity in Christ Daily Bible

Unlike the conventional Bible apps available for download on Google Play Store, what the Identity in Christ Daily Bible does is simply fantastic. This app will remind you daily to read the Bible by displaying a Bible verse on your home screen widget. On clicking the widget area, the Bible verse is expanded into a full chapter. You can also share Bible verses with loved ones by email or SMS.

2. Olive Tree Bible Study

Already enjoyed by 4 million users, there is no further reason to explain why this app should be in your app drawer. Olive Tree Bible Study comes has social sharing options. Key features include; Bible study plans, Bible dictionary, Bible scholar’s commentaries, Biblical location maps and lots more.

More Apps
Re: Top 5 Android Apps For Church Lovers by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 18, 2013
Olive tree is one I like so much. The voice feature is one quality I like in an app.
Re: Top 5 Android Apps For Church Lovers by vowiski(m): 12:45pm On Sep 18, 2013
Reyginus: Olive tree is one I like so much. The voice feature is one quality I like in an app.

It's an incredible app. I really love what the christian community is doing in terms of app.. I have learnt alot with them which would have been boring by solely reading a print bible. cheesy
Re: Top 5 Android Apps For Church Lovers by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 18, 2013
vowiski:

It's an incredible app. I really love what the christian community is doing in terms of app.. I have learnt alot with them which would have been boring by solely reading a print bible. cheesy
Every thing about Android is awesome. I will also recommend Jesus daily app. That's another good one.
Re: Top 5 Android Apps For Church Lovers by cotzywitzy(m): 5:50pm On Sep 21, 2013
vowiski: A friend of mine was asked to stand in front of a congregation for sincerely reading the Bible from his Windows Tablet and I simply told him I’d walk away if I got similar treatment from any preacher. You are free to call it pride or whatever but that’s not the point, the point is that technology has come to stay and the Church is certainly not an exception.

I can’t remember the last I carried a print version of the Bible and that’s doesn’t make me less a Christian neither does carrying the Biggest golden cover print Bible make anyone more holy.

If that was the case, then everyone should have long scrolls portions of the Bible. The emergence of printing machines and computers made the Bible compilable and easy to carry. As that was the case then so it is now. We can have the Bible inside our PCs, Tablets and Smartphones.

Mobile Bibles or e-Bibles are really incredible and a nice collection to the list of apps on our app drawer. Christian religious apps have played a major role in the $25 Billion app industry.
Top Christian Android Apps

So you have got that exciting Android powered device and you don’t know what Church app you would need to get more understanding of scriptures? Glad to inform you that would be history at the end of this article.

1. Identity in Christ Daily Bible

Unlike the conventional Bible apps available for download on Google Play Store, what the Identity in Christ Daily Bible does is simply fantastic. This app will remind you daily to read the Bible by displaying a Bible verse on your home screen widget. On clicking the widget area, the Bible verse is expanded into a full chapter. You can also share Bible verses with loved ones by email or SMS.

2. Olive Tree Bible Study

Already enjoyed by 4 million users, there is no further reason to explain why this app should be in your app drawer. Olive Tree Bible Study comes has social sharing options. Key features include; Bible study plans, Bible dictionary, Bible scholar’s commentaries, Biblical location maps and lots more.

More Apps

Reading Bible from a tablet to me is nonsense why then do we have the Bible in different size.... think about that... no size of the Bible you want that you wont get....

(1) (Reply)

There Is No "Hellfire" Claims Pope Francis / I Had A Strange Dream!!! Please Read. / Put Aside Your Pride, Set Down Your Arrogance, And Remember Your Grave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.