Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State (10242 Views)

Nigerians March In Support Of Troops Fighting Against Boko Haram / Govt Orders Withdrawal Of Troops From Mali. / Jonathan Orders CBN To Stop N5,000 Note Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by Cheggoon(m): 10:36pm On Sep 18, 2013
President Goodluck has ordered immediate deployment of troops to volatile Nasarawa State, DailyPost has learnt.

The Director, Army Public Relations Department, Brigadier General Ibrahim Attahiru, told newsmen in Abuja on Wednesday that the troops would join the police to calm situation in the state.

It would be recalled that violent erupted Friday in the state, following clashes between two ethnic groups, where a number of persons were maimed.

Details shortly

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/09/18/president-jonathan-orders-immediate-deployment-of-troops-to-crisis-ridden-nasarawa-state/
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by Bright2(m): 10:54pm On Sep 18, 2013
Do the president even need to order? The army head should know that.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 11:16pm On Sep 18, 2013
Talk about making nigeria ungovernable. Buhari welldone o! sadTalk about making nigeria ungovernable. Buhari welldone o!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by Akpaife(m): 11:22pm On Sep 18, 2013
Anybody way say him mama no go rest him no go rest

I pity nasarawa state becos Nigeria soldiers r nt smiling
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by hardywaltz(m): 12:31am On Sep 19, 2013
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
Talk about making nigeria ungovernable. Buhari welldone o! sadTalk about making nigeria ungovernable. Buhari welldone o!
Shut up!!

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by divatosin(f): 2:20am On Sep 19, 2013
The president is ontop of the situation. He has shown real guts in handling all the insecurity challenges sponsored by those sectional leaders seeking to govern this country. I trust GEJ's discretion. And with Maku as defence minister, you can be rest assured he will approach the restoration of peace in Nassarawa state with zeal and passion.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by egift(m): 7:31am On Sep 19, 2013
So he had to wait for the opposition to speak before he will do something - Kindergarten Presido - Always on Reactionary Mode.
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by BlackMamba2: 7:54am On Sep 19, 2013
Bright2: Do the president even need to order? The army head should know that.

I thot someone from Nassarawa is overseeing the defense Ministry? Maybe he is out of his depth
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by israel007: 8:33am On Sep 19, 2013
All these nasarawa people sef.
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 19, 2013
Gradually
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 19, 2013
I thought that in the time of democracy troops should be in the barracks and the police are to keep law and order. Retardeen seems not to know that one day these troops would eventually seize power from him.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by leggo: 9:39am On Sep 19, 2013
Bright2: Do the president even need to order? The army head should know that.
Haba! When there is a C in C .You want the army chief to be held treason?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by jennyclaudio: 9:39am On Sep 19, 2013
Yes I said this man will do more in 2015.gej the peoples choice igbos ar behind deal wit all these useless hausas
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by leggo: 9:41am On Sep 19, 2013
teeo: I thought that in the time of democracy troops should be in the barracks and the police are to keep law and order. Retardeen seems not to know that one day these troops would eventually seize power from him.
Isn't that what we want?
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by chycoroxie(f): 9:42am On Sep 19, 2013
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by HoLEEsinner: 9:45am On Sep 19, 2013
Seun your news are coming too late these days, I read this news on a friend's blog yesterday, kindly do something about it, well that's what he ought to do, there's no news in this in my opinion, Hausa's on the other hand can like to stop killing them selves thinking we are bothered, if not for some igbos,yorubas and ss that lives in the north, we don't care, we are tired already.
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by Blessmira: 9:46am On Sep 19, 2013
Praying that Peace will reign in Nigeria.
In God we trust! smiley
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 19, 2013
teeo: I thought that in the time of democracy troops should be in the barracks and the police are to keep law and order. Retardeen seems not to know that one day these troops would eventually seize power from him.
TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, ITS WHAT WE NEED, NOT WHAT WE WANT. LETS STOP DECEIVING OURSELVES. HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE DIED FOR NO REASON SINCE 1998. I DONT THINK THE MILITARY WOULD HAVE KILLED THIS MANY PEOPLE. DEMOCRACY IS NOT FOR NIGERIA, AT LEAST NOT FOR NOW.
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by mrperfect(m): 9:49am On Sep 19, 2013
We seem to have one ethnic crisis to the other, when would Nigeria overcome this?
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by Wateron: 9:49am On Sep 19, 2013
Another terrorist group in the making. I just hope they can handle d situation professionally n tactically cos this is how boko haram started.
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by austinepreshyus(m): 9:52am On Sep 19, 2013
At least actions r taken. Against d morons
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 19, 2013

Sorry, Where you born yesterday? Has Nigerian soldiers ever stayed in the barrack and let the polcie handle any conflict? even if it is a protest the military will be there. Why blame GEJ and call your papa retardeen for something that has been the norm even before GEJ becomes the vice president.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by leggo: 10:11am On Sep 19, 2013
gboss4sure:

Sorry, Where you born yesterday? Has Nigerian soldiers ever stayed in the barrack and let the polcie handle any conflict? even if it is a protestlike military will be there. Why blame GEJ and call your papa retardeen for something that has been the norm even before GEJ becomes the vice president.
Instead of you to explain like someone with sense. The millitary's task is to defend the nation from external attacks and contain internal aggression ,don't just say shiit like a slowpoke

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by IboBoyNuel(m): 10:21am On Sep 19, 2013
army will fight boko haram, army will go for peace keeping mission, army will fight war for naija if any, army will also fight insecurity in states.... wetin police dey do? abi na to collect bribe dem knw? ...i think it is time to look into this police matter because i don't see the reason why army troops should handle police matter.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by ignis: 10:26am On Sep 19, 2013
May God bring peace to our nation Nigeria and let all this boko haram boys die a shameful death like their late leaders, Sheik Yusuf and Sheik Shekau.
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by Ama28(f): 10:34am On Sep 19, 2013
When will all this stop. The violence in this nation is so much and growing by the day!
The painful part is that the both the victim and perpetrators are human and all casualties Nigerian,
I think peace and conflict resolution should be in our primary and secondary school curriculum and made compulsory.
Violence is just everywhere
Re: Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State by fitzmayowa: 10:43am On Sep 19, 2013
Welcome to Federal Republic of Arewanistan where Human lives worth nothing...SMH for the North

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? / Looters: Release Electronic Records Of Those Arrested - Falana Tells AGF / IG Deploys Very Senior Officers To States Ahead Of Saturday's Elections.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.