Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Chag Sukkot: Time To Harvest - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chag Sukkot: Time To Harvest (1002 Views)

Sukkot, I Have Some Questions For You / Happy Sukkot (festival Of Tabernacles) / Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chag Sukkot: Time To Harvest by Nobody: 6:01am On Sep 19, 2013
Another Feast of Ingathering/Harvest/Tabernacles has come upon us. The next Eight days will be a time of merry making, of wining and dining.

To really understand the significance of this feast, we must go to the very beginning. After YAHWEH created the heavens and earth and planted Man in EDEN, you could see the desire to commune and tabernacle with man with the way HE came around looking for Adam after he fell.

The Book of Revelations speaks of a New Heaven and a New Earth in the 21st chapter and how YAHWEH's tabernacle will come to be with men, ''....and HE will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and Elohim himself shall be with them, and be their Elohim.'' in the 3rd verse, just the kinda relationship he once had with Adam.

Chag Sukkot (Feast Of Tabernacles) is one of the feasts in which all MALES are obliged to appear before YAHWEH '....thy Elohim in the place he shall choose' (Deuteronomy Chapter 16 verse 16), and in so doing none shall appear before YAHWEH empty.

Verse 17:
'' Every man shall give as he is able (unlike what we find in today's, churches where people pay tithes or make offerings that's far beyond their legitimate earnings), according to the blessing of YAHWEH thy Elohim which he hath given thee.''

Might I add at this juncture that another name for this feast is the 'Feast Of Booths', which means that we may not necessarily celebrate this feast in a temple or synagogue, but in camps, '...that your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am YAHWEH your Elohim' (Leviticus 23 verse 43).

The significance of this also is that we are strangers on earth and we can't afford to get complacent or comfortable but rather like Abraham we are to look '....for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is YAHWEH' (Hebrews 11 verse 15), when he shall once again build his tabernacle amongst men to dwell with them.

We are asked to observe this feast starting from the 15th day of the Jewish Seventh Month (Tishri), which falls on the evening of the 18th of September this year, for seven days with the 1st day a Holy Convocation (Leviticus 23 verse 33-36) and hold on the 8th day another Holy Convocation on what is described as THE LAST GREAT DAY!

Because this feast falls during the time of harvest, we are obliged tí bring into the house of YAHWEH ''....boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm trees and the boughs of thick trees and willows of the brook....'' (Leviticus 23 verse 40) and make merry before YAHWEH for seven days.

Most people live in cities these days and may not be agrarian, but then our harvest includes all we've gleaned as proceeds from the 'work of our hand'. We will present these offerings during this feast with great rejoicing '...because YAHWEH thy Elohim shall bless thee in all thine increase, and in all the works of thine hands.....' (Deuteronomy 16 verse 15).

There's so much to gain by observing this feast besides an opportunity to commune with family and loved ones, and this most of all includes YAHWEH's blessing that'll accrue to us as we show gratitude to HIM for the bountiful harvest HE's allowed us.

May YAHWEH bless you in the work of your hands!

'kovich

CHAG SUKKOT: TIME TO HARVEST | madukovich's cogitations - http://madukovich./2013/09/18/chag-sukkot-time-to-harvest/

Re: Chag Sukkot: Time To Harvest by Chigozie1984(f): 7:12am On Sep 19, 2013
Just beautiful. Thanks.

My family is observing the feast. It really is amazing to do what Yahweh want us to do.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Chag Sukkot: Time To Harvest by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 19, 2013
When we observe to do YAHWEH's will, HE in turn blesses the works of our hand.

The Feast of Tabernacles is one of such!

I wish you and your family a most exciting time during this feast.

Shalom!

(1) (Reply)

Religous War. Nigeria And The Curse Of Tokunbo Religions / "Who Wrote The Bible?" / Muslims And Terrorists I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.