Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,689 members, 7,820,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali (2660 Views)

Breaking!!! Apc Senatorial Candidate Leads Gov Babangida Aliyu / Gov. Babangida Aliyu: Release Our Editor, Fejiro Oliver Now! / Obafemi Awolowo Is My Inspiration - Gov. Babangida Aliyu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by mailtimi(m): 6:47am On Sep 19, 2013
Governor Babangida Aliyu of Niger State, on Wednesday,declared the acting Minister of Education, Mr. Nyeson Wike, a misfit for the post of Education Minister, following his comments on the state of the education sector in the states.

The governor made this remark while signing into law the Niger State University of Education Bill at the Government House, Minna.

Aliyu said, “I don’t know when he got into education; education is not for riff raffs. “Wike should be warned to stay clear of Niger State. If he (Wike) can fight the governor of his state (Rivers), he cannot fight other governors, he should take his time.”

Meanwhile, Simeon Nwakaudu, Wike’s Special Adviser (Media), in a swift reaction to the comment said the minister would not be distracted by criticisms but would rather focus on the delivery of access to quality education.

Nwakaudu said, “Wike believes that all Nigerian children deserve access to education, hence he advocated that state governments should invest more in education. “As a seasoned administrator, lawyer and former secondary school teacher, Wike is passionate about education, hence he has consistently built synergy to develop the sector, working closely with governors at all times. “Nigerians are conversant with the Almajiri girl child and library projects supervised by the minister to uplift access to education in the country.

He will continue to focus on the onerous task of improving education in the country,” he added.

http://naijalog.com/wike-a-riff-raff-whos-not-fit-to-be-education-minister-gov-babangida-aliyu/

1 Like

Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by cescadove: 7:00am On Sep 19, 2013
I sincerely pray he will be moved to works or any other ministry . Education and Foreign affairs are no -go areas.
Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by Symphony007: 7:06am On Sep 19, 2013
Why is wike and his boss afraid of this northern governors? Look at the cordial statement his office released to an insult by aliyu. If it were ameachi, he would have tore into him, telling him him how he is not God and that he's a disgrace. I'm guessing the presidency gave wike rules of engagement in this war, "do whatever with ameachi, but whatever you do don't mess with the northern governors"

stupid ikwerre tout called wike presiding over the education ministry, are we not finished?

2 Likes

Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 19, 2013
Symphony007: Why is wike and his boss afraid of this northern governors? Look at the cordial statement his office released to an insult by aliyu. If it were ameachi, he would have tore into him, telling him him how he is not God and that he's a disgrace. I'm guessing the presidency gave wike rules of engagement in this war, "do whatever with ameachi, but whatever you do don't mess with the northern governors"

stupid ikwerre tout called wike presiding over the education ministry, are we not finished?

They've been trying to isolate Ameachi all along in the fight....

If Ameachi do 1/10th of ridicule that Aliyu and Kwankwaso have been doing, it would have been worse for him.

The President only develops muscle against Southern politicians...

Meanwhile..to all Uni students.....go and learn a trade...get somehow busy, because you are in for the longest strike in the history of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by akpomeme(m): 7:24am On Sep 19, 2013
Babaginda a drug addict who should be ashamed of misleading his people in the last 8 years. Because Ameachi don give you money for sniffing and it is finishing you dey speak to beg for more... Aboki inside!!

8 Likes

Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by Lanrefahm(m): 7:27am On Sep 19, 2013
9ja education! She don over
Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by egift(m): 8:04am On Sep 19, 2013
Governor Babangida Aliyu just roundly insulted Wike and all he responded with is a very diplomatic beating around the bush.

If it was Gov. Amaechi that said that, Wike will be threatening Hell Fire. Chai see fear!

1 Like

Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by gbadexy(m): 8:12am On Sep 19, 2013
akpomeme: Babaginda a drug addict who should be ashamed of misleading his people in the last 8 years. Because Ameachi don give you money for sniffing and it is finishing you dey speak to beg for more... Aboki inside!!
Hey! Its the niger state governor and not the former head of state.
And you already have a like too!
Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by Joyfullyme: 8:14am On Sep 19, 2013
Symphony007: Why is wike and his boss afraid of this northern governors? Look at the cordial statement his office released to an insult by aliyu. If it were ameachi, he would have tore into him, telling him him how he is not God and that he's a disgrace. I'm guessing the presidency gave wike rules of engagement in this war, "do whatever with ameachi, but whatever you do don't mess with the northern governors"

A wise General fights one battle at a time.
If Aliyu wants to abuse people he should back up his claims with facts so we can judge and not just wake up to Wike a riff raff.
Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by kokoA(m): 8:21am On Sep 19, 2013
That Wike man talks and behaves like a rif-raf really from what I see on tv. I never took him serious even before this whole "Ameachi saga".
Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by fagbalex(m): 8:25am On Sep 19, 2013
the so called education minister is a shame to that ministry. i listened to one of his meeting with stakeholders in the education sector, see how his addressing people as if he's teaching primary school student. wike get to this position out of mischief, however he's less competent to carry the load of a fragile and challenging ministry as education. God will surely intervene on ASUU strike for us because this wike is not promising at all.

1 Like

Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by rooftech: 8:29am On Sep 19, 2013
honestly even nongraduate presidents will never appoint a thug,barely literate as education minister
nigeria don suffer.

1 Like

Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by luvablesam(m): 8:34am On Sep 19, 2013
fagbalex: the so called education minister is a shame to that ministry. i listened to one of his meeting with stakeholders in the education sector, see how his addressing people as if he's teaching primary school student. wike get to this position out of mischief, however he's less competent to carry the load of a fragile and challenging ministry as education. God will surely intervene on ASUU strike for us because this wike is not promising at all.

I tell u my bro....
He doesn't belong there...he should be given something else...The Education sector shouldn't be handled by politicians

1 Like

Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by Lifemax: 8:35am On Sep 19, 2013
Is very unfair dat our education is now in d hand of a politica tout,as long as wike remain d edu.min.ther wil b no value 4 our education.
Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by geeez: 8:36am On Sep 19, 2013
Outside Cross Rivers, most politicians from the Niger Delta are nothing but touts and rascals. Men and women alike who can't start a meeting without being intoxicated

5 Likes

Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by jimmysho(m): 8:59am On Sep 19, 2013
ilugunboy:

They've been trying to isolate Ameachi all along in the fight....

If Ameachi do 1/10th of ridicule that Aliyu and Kwankwaso have been doing, it would have been worse for him.

The President only develops muscle against Southern politicians...

Meanwhile..to all Uni students.....go and learn a trade...get somehow busy, because you are in for the longest strike in the history of Nigeria.
Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by ba7man(m): 9:05am On Sep 19, 2013
akpomeme: Babaginda a drug addict who should be ashamed of misleading his people in the last 8 years. Because Ameachi don give you money for sniffing and it is finishing you dey speak to beg for more... Aboki inside!!
From now on, you're officially known as "Akpos" on NL.

1 Like

Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by bloggernaija: 9:16am On Sep 19, 2013
geeez: Outside Cross Rivers, most politicians from the Niger Delta are nothing but touts and rascals. Men and women alike who can't start a meeting without being intoxicated
Word
Amaechi seems to be an exception.
Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:17am On Sep 19, 2013
Wike and his bell ringing boss are in for it.
Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by 1radioguru1: 9:20am On Sep 19, 2013
This wike and alago of nyse are so scared of northerners. If is amechi now them go dey form superman.
Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by francafrank(f): 9:48am On Sep 19, 2013
Is this the solution to ASUU strike?
Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by Alxmyr(m): 10:15am On Sep 19, 2013
The riff-raff here is Babangida Aliyu. What has sign a state university bill into law got to do with name calling?
The issue between Amaechi and Wike is purely local politics. Who controls political structure of Rivers. If Aliyu wants to side with Amaechi, he should have enough decorum to show he too is not a riff-raff.

1 Like

Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by sunstyle(m): 10:32am On Sep 19, 2013
a whole minister is a riff raff hmmm what a shame on d president 4 appointing a riff raff as education minister.
Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by dumodust(m): 10:42am On Sep 19, 2013
sunstyle: a whole minister is a riff raff hmmm what a shame on d president 4 appointing a riff raff as education minister.

it was amaechi that gladly recommended him and lobbied for him to be appointed... Birds of the same feather
Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by Symphony007: 2:36pm On Sep 19, 2013
geeez: Outside Cross Rivers, most politicians from the Niger Delta are nothing but touts and rascals. Men and women alike who can't start a meeting without being intoxicated
you smell of idiocy..i can't belive you just said that.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by bloggernaija: 3:57pm On Sep 19, 2013
dumodust:

it was amaechi that gladly recommended him and lobbied for him to be appointed... Birds of the same feather
From what I've seen of the guy,amaechi probably wanted him as far as possible.
Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by Wsdm: 5:49pm On Sep 19, 2013
sunstyle: a whole minister is a riff raff hmmm what a shame on d president 4 appointing a riff raff as education minister.
... And the senators too for approving his nomination.
Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 19, 2013
Nyesom Wike is short on Education himself and has no business being Education Minister

You have to question the wisdom of Jonathan Goodluck for the appointment
Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by akpomeme(m): 6:53pm On Sep 19, 2013
gbadexy:
Hey! Its the niger state governor and not the former head of state.
And you already have a like too!
Niger state governor is babaginda aliyu ... He is a drug addict. I have immense respect for the former head of state. Classy fellow.
Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by akpomeme(m): 6:55pm On Sep 19, 2013
ba7man: From now on, you're officially known as "Akpos" on NL.

Shey you go prepare starch and fresh feish every morning for me... Make I carche u angry
Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by talktimi(m): 7:02pm On Sep 19, 2013
Its a very pathetic situation the herd mentality being demonstrated by our so called progressives, when they hear jump, they ask how high and keep jumping. Now we have a funny situation where a supposedly intelligent nairalander claims that Wike is barely literate, is this what hatred for a person has turned otherwise logical human into ? Pls i would implore you guys to ask any lawyer you know what it means to graduate from the Nigerian law school whether na beans. The riff raff comment is funny sha but i still advice everybody not to put mouth or take seriously the quarrels of the elite because they know where they meet at the end of the day and banter over bottles of champagne. Ok
Re: ‘Wike, A Riff Raff, Who’s Not Fit To Be Education Minister’ – Gov. Babangida Ali by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 19, 2013
A deluded riff riff calling someone else a riff riff,an old shameless fool.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aregbesola God Will Avenge Us!!!(NDI ANAMBRA)(our Cry Against You He Will Hear) / Buhari Nigerian First ONLINE President / Is Okonjo Iweala An Economic Hit Woman ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.