Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,850 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

What Did You Learn At Church Today? - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did You Learn At Church Today? (41382 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Photos: Pastor Bakare's Surprise Birthday Celebration At Church And SNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by atutupoyo(f): 2:38pm On Jan 27, 2008
We learnt about the weighter matters (matt 23:23), That they are many things that are great corcern to God. As christains we are to have mercy (luke 10:25-37), Justice (luke 11:42)and Faith(heb11:1,6). We are to seek God's rightousness , his will, and pay our tithe (Heb 7:4-9).
we also talked about things like paying of first fruit- the bible did not command any body to pay the first fruit to the pastor- first fruit is usually spiritual not material, it's honouring God for the things he has done in our life.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by atutupoyo(f): 6:15pm On Feb 03, 2008
Hi this thread is not meant to die.
I learnt about relationships today
Jn 15:6-16 How is our relationship with God? Are we his friend? It is possible to be God's friend-James 2:23 (Abraham), Jn 15:16.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by dimpules: 11:04pm On Feb 03, 2008
We are the visible image of the invisible Jesus people cant see thats why we are called the body of Christ. We are the gateway to heaven. We should show forth love, peace, kindness,meekness, patience and make allowance for other peoples wrongs. Forgive all who offend you as Christ forgives you. Awesome message today Colossians 1:15-18, 3:12-16
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by dafidixone(m): 11:16am On Feb 04, 2008
We need to let others see the Light, Jesus Christ.

So come on Jesus loves you. cheesy smiley grin cheesy
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by syrup(f): 12:41pm On May 25, 2008
To prepare and refresh our hearts, let's keep this to encourage us this week:
Love "does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth." [1 Cor. 13:6]
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by otokx(m): 2:01pm On May 25, 2008
STOP!! take time out and rest from our daily tight schedules.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Pataki: 4:30pm On May 25, 2008
Lessons on the life of Abraham. Why God could attribute Himself to been called the God of Abraham. Been a long long while I have had such beautiful and wonderful bible teachings from church. embarassed
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Cayon(f): 5:07pm On May 25, 2008
Gratitude

express your gratitude to people.
Make a habit of expressing it to others.
Give opportunities in your family

Grateful, generous, gracious, growthful. Live out of your positive spiritual energy and let it multiply. Invest yourself in others, in ways that others can grow. Bless others.
smiley smiley smiley
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Maykelly(f): 10:15am On Jun 27, 2008
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today?

THAT LORD JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY TO THE FATHER IN HEAVEN.

THAT LORD JESUS CHRIST IS THE SON OF GOD AND AS WELL GOD.

THAT LORD JESUS CHRIST IS THE SAVIOUR OF MANKIND HENCE YOU'RE LIVING TODAY.

THAT LORD JESUS CHRIST IS THE LAMB THAT TAKETH AWAY THE SINS OF THE WORLD.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by aAK1(m): 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2008
Finding the word.Confronting broblems wit the word.We where asked to read lot's of book's.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by pilgrim1(f): 9:51am On Sep 28, 2008
Hebrews 10:25

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together,
as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another:
and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Your presence in His presence should not be missed. wink
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Gamine(f): 4:57pm On Sep 28, 2008
I learnt something i already knew.

Most Christians are self-centered

YOU will get your car! AMEN!!

the streets of ***** wont be complete until u drive your own car!

AMEN!!!

You will build your house!

AMEN!!!!!!

YOU WILL NEVER BE POOR

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by otokx(m): 10:15am On Mar 29, 2009
I just woke up from sleep and GBAM my neighbours TV and sound system were in their highest volume downstairs and a pastor was shouting, mercy, mercy, say mercy 5 times, you will meet mercy today, you will mercy tomorrow, mercy, mercy, mercy. It was so inspiring i could not help but smile. I think Akwa Ibom people answer that name a lot. Perhaps i'll meet one whose name is mercy and we could start something you know.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Truth11: 7:10am On Mar 30, 2009
For this is what the LORD says: You will see neither wind nor rain, yet this valley will be filled with water, and you, your cattle and your other animals will drink. This is an easy thing in the eyes of the LORD; he will also hand Moab over to you. 2Kings 3 17-18

One obedient Jehosaphat was the cause of great victories, blessings and safety for all Judah and Israel. We too can walk it alone with God if we have no good company and still be a great blessing!

We should have a pure and God-fearing life like that of Jehosaphat. Wherever we go, we will be successful even when we are in the midst of this wicked world and surrounded by false christians like Joram and Ahab.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Truth11: 7:11am On Mar 30, 2009
For this is what the LORD says: You will see neither wind nor rain, yet this valley will be filled with water, and you, your cattle and your other animals will drink. This is an easy thing in the eyes of the LORD; he will also hand Moab over to you. 2Kings 3 17-18

One obedient Jehosaphat was the cause of great victories, blessings and safety for all Judah and Israel. We too can walk it alone with God if we have no good company and still be a great blessing!

We should have a pure and God-fearing life like that of Jehosaphat. Then wherever we go, we will be successful even when we are in the midst of this wicked world like Moab and surrounded by false christians like Joram and Ahab.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by AMIRACH: 10:21am On Apr 27, 2010
i learnt that jesus is the good shepherd and i am the sheep of his pastures, he owns me, he knows me by my name and he guides, tenders and cares for me, so there is nothing for me to be afraid of even when i pass through the shadow of death, sickness or danger he is always there to shield me.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by babaelesin: 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2010
Church is boring! Used to go there when i was a kid. Slept all through. The same belloni every sunday and they could not just explain the most important thing. Does God exist? Everytime, some wise guy would come and start quoting things from the bible to prove god exists, but the main question, where is he? Some would say in my heart, but all i see are arteries and ventricles. Some would say in my soul, but yet again, what is a soul? some would say is around me, but all i see are tables, chairs and objects. Others would go a little bit far and say am spiritually blind but yet again, what is a spirit? Have you seen one? and if they is, why does it choose to roam about in a lifeless form which then begs the question, where is god?

"Because they fail to acknowledge God in their knowledge (thought) God gave them up to a reprobate mind and improper conduct to do those things which are not convenient" roman 1 28. old boy, the fact that you live a carefree live simply because you enjoy the benefits of sins does not make you excusable before God. Please find a Bible believing church around, we know them but we avoid them because we prefer lies above truth pray to God to lead you. We have quack doctors around, that doesn't erase the fact that qualified ones does exist. If you're sick you look for a qualified doctor not the other one so man, you are not excusable seek God while He may be found. "Life without Christ is crisis within and without" Know Jesus Know peace, No Jesus no Peace
Shallom.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by babymine(f): 12:40pm On Jul 24, 2010
The End is here. Amend your ways so you don't spend eternity in hell. Start evangelizing. Jesus will soon come. Be prepared. Don't say you were not told.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by modavi: 5:39am On Mar 02, 2012
cry cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. / Leke Adeboye: 'RCCG Is A Threat To Islam In Nigeria' - Pastor Adeboye's Son Says / Car Almost Smashed By Electric Pole In Rivers: 'Supernatural Force Pushed Away'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.