Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

What Did You Learn At Church Today? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did You Learn At Church Today? (41384 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Photos: Pastor Bakare's Surprise Birthday Celebration At Church And SNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Jachoz(m): 11:07am On Jun 21, 2006
michy:

Jachoz please which side of the planet are u in

My sister, sister Rhod has made this earth too hot for me. cry cry
I'm located in the ever cooler mars. I believe is also closer to heaven. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 24, 2006
i learnt that jesus should be given all the adoration
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by henriee(f): 3:13pm On Jun 25, 2006
i learnt that i have to deepen my faith and make a habit of speaking with God more often especially when i'm not in trouble or going through tough times.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 25, 2006
never go to God without your thithe
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Reverend(m): 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2006
adeoba:

i learnt that jesus should be given all the adoration

Adore you wife and children first. If there is any adoration left, then spare a liitle for Jesus!
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Consultant(f): 10:08pm On Jun 25, 2006
Topic: The Lord is Your Shephard

The Bible in several passages compares christians to sheep (e.g. Isa.53:6, John 10:27).
Sheep are known to be pretty simple animals. You never see a sheep in a circus because as an animal trainer will tell you, it is almost impossible to teach them to do tricks. They have very little instinct of danger and are susceptible to attack from other animals. They only lie down when they are full and sometimes if someone doesn't turn them over, they may suffocate.

So why does the bible compare us to this animal?

To illustrate that as the sheep is totally dependent on the shepard for its welfare, so also should we be entirely dependent on God.

The Bible describes Jesus as the Good Shepard (John 10).

What are the characteristics of the Good Shepard?

1. He provides for His sheep. Psm 23:1, Matt 6:25-26.
God gives us everything that we need - not want. Phil 4:19.

2. He protects His sheep. Psm 23:4a, Psm 91:1-7

3. He corrects. Psm 23:4b (NLT), Hebrews 12:5-6

4. He guides. Psm 23:4b, John 10:27, Isaiah 30:21

All we need to do is to trust God for His provision, protection and guidance. He has promised to give them to us if we ask Him, and if we surrender our lives to His Lordship, and let Him lead us through this life as our Shepard.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by beyonce1(f): 1:28am On Jun 26, 2006
I couldn't make it to my church 2day  embarassed all due 2 being up all night on nairaland 

but--- on God's channel T.V, i listened to Pastor Niyi Kolade of The New Convenant Church:- Recognise your inner strength to fulfill your destiny, U r solely responsible for your life's result .

AND--- Joel Osteen of the Lakeside Church :- Stand up for your family whatever d case, Blood is thicker than water, always make peace you all need one another . Honour your parents , they were not by mistake .
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by lioness(f): 2:38pm On Jun 26, 2006
SEUN, what did YOU learn?? tongue
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Grizzly(m): 11:59pm On Jun 29, 2006
I'm looking for a new church, undecided
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by 4getme1(m): 6:46am On Jun 30, 2006
Pastor was quiet for a few minutes. . . smiled, and asked us what truly mattered in life to each and every one of us.

Thoughts. . . whispers. . . more smiles. . . brain-racking. . . and yet more smiles.

Bottomline after he preached on "Treasuring Your God-Given Commitment" - never take anything God gives you for granted because He provides circumstances and resources to shape our lives for His glory and for our eternal blessing.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by eloquent(m): 10:14pm On Jun 30, 2006
i really learnt alot 2day
God is so good has been good and'll continue to be good 4evermore.i learnt about hope and restoration.God is a giver of hope and he'll restore unto u d years d canker worm has eaten
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Estylove(f): 7:44pm On Jul 01, 2006
Hi,

I learnt that with God all things are possible and without God one's life is useless
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by TayoD(m): 6:42pm On Jul 03, 2006
It's July 4th tomorrow - America's independence day. The Pastor preached along that line talking about the fact that the nation was built and is still being built on the blood of heros. He drew a parallel with Christianity, calling our attention to the fact that we have been called to be heros. Heros, he said, are those who lay down there lives for others.

Jesu laid down His life for us, and we have been called to do the same for others, beginning with our household.

So the question is: Are you a hero?
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by 4getme1(m): 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2006
God's Full Provision For Man

(a) The value of a gift rests on the value of the giver and the preciousness of the gift.

(b) The greatest gift that God has given to man is HIMSELF.

In all that Abraham was blessed with - riches and material wealth - God still gave Himself to the patriarch when He said:
     "Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward." (Gen. 15:1).

(c) Almost everything and anything that people possess on earth could be stolen or corrupted by decay (Matt. 6:19).

(d) When God gives of Himself, no one can steal or corrupt Him!

(e) It was not until the Son of God came to earth that the fulness of God's gift of Himself could be released to man. When
     Jesus gave Himself for us (Gal. 1:4), He provided the basis for our receiving the full gift of God Himself.

(f) This fulness assures us by faith that we cannot lack anything outside of Him -

[i] God is FOR us - Rom. 8:31 
     What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

[ii] God is WITH us - Matt. 1:23
     Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name
     Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

[iii] God is IN us - 1 John 4:12
     No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love
     is perfected in us.

If God has given Himself to be FOR us, WITH us, and IN us, then I can spend my days living in perfect assurance in an unstable world - knowing that my life and all I am belong to the One who loved me even before I knew Him. Therefore, my tongue will praise Him with the thanks of Eph. 1:3 -

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ."

Beloved, no gift compares to GOD HIMSELF!!
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Jachoz(m): 7:15am On Jul 10, 2006
In chemistry he turned water to wine.
In biology he was born without the normal conception.
In physics he disaproved the law of gravity when he ascended into heaven.
In economics he disaproved the law of diminishing return by feeding 5000 men with two fishes & 5 loaves of bread.
In history he is the beginning & the end.
In Government he said that he shall be called wonderful counsellor, prince of peace.
In religion he said no one comes to the father except through him so who is he .(JESUS).

Join me and lets celebrate him he is worthy.
PASS IT ON!!! The eyes beholding this message shall not behold evil.
The hand that will send this message to others shall not labor in vain.
The mouth saying amen to this prayer shall laugh forever.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by carechoji(m): 1:23pm On Jul 10, 2006
I learned many thing in the church, which are
; -

Love
Sharing
Helping the needy
Patients
Learning to trust and to forget and forgive

As God teaches us, we should always be considerate and to show care to others that needed it most.

In God's word, He teaches us that when one fall, we should not go without helping, but we should help him, but in our todays world, when one falls, we always laugh, talk about it and even enjoy to his fall. How can we succeed when are not doing the right thing at the right time to please God, so that He migght here us from heaven and healed our land.

In Corithians we learn about love, that it is patient, it never judge, and it never ask the question why, so why cant we do something that is worth doing, than what is not worth doing.

It is a question of life and reality and there is no two way about it.

Think GOD in all that you do and you will always succeed.

GOD IS LOVE THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A WHILE [img][/img] and he will surely do something good for you

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Busta(f): 3:33pm On Jul 10, 2006
forgive that ye may be forgiven as well!
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 2:42am On Jul 14, 2006
I learnt today to cast all my cares on Him for He cares for me.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Gwaine(m): 12:31am On Jul 15, 2006
Psa. 9:10 - And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Knowing God's name personally is the secret to discovering God's faithfulness.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by dollypee1(f): 3:53am On Jul 16, 2006
good father ? how come ?
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by dearie(m): 10:21pm On Jul 16, 2006
I learnt that the works of the flesh as we have in Galatians 5 vs 19-21, 17 of them are all there to destroy our relationship with God and eventually make us hell-bound.
We ought to pray always for God's guidance.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by kosikosi: 3:30am On Jul 18, 2006
i learnt about mission work,
it is good to go out in the world and put a smile on someone's face,
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by lioness(f): 9:26am On Jul 18, 2006
i learnt that Jesus loves me more than the boy next door grin
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by euphytex1: 5:27pm On Jul 18, 2006
I learnt many things in the Church, how to respect and fear God
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by dollypee1(f): 5:47am On Jul 19, 2006
ive got dis bad habit of sleepn durin d service at church so i dont usually go to church cos d service is too long anyone whos ever been to agbala itura would no what im talkn about.i worship most sundays at home on t.vee.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by lioness(f): 9:15am On Jul 19, 2006
Today isnt church
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by kellorah: 7:25pm On Jul 23, 2006
didnt go to chuch (as usual). may God please forgive me. amen embarassed
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Rhodalyn(f): 7:26pm On Jul 23, 2006
i Seriously do not See anything bad in not going to Church
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by kellorah: 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2006
i dunno but i do feel guilty when i don't undecided
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by SandyRocks1(f): 9:22am On Jul 24, 2006
I learnt that it is better to know God and His ways, and if God reveals His ways to you then; you can apply them to get all your issues and concerns resolved at all times;other than seeking Him to solve probs.
at all times.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by kellorah: 12:58pm On Jul 24, 2006
that God is good?
same 'ol story!
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Oracle(m): 11:32pm On Jul 28, 2006
Well i'm making this post on a friday night, and i didnt go to church last sunday tongue
but i think i'll be there on sunday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. / Leke Adeboye: 'RCCG Is A Threat To Islam In Nigeria' - Pastor Adeboye's Son Says / Car Almost Smashed By Electric Pole In Rivers: 'Supernatural Force Pushed Away'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.