Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate (10608 Views)

Saraki: ‘you Have No Power To Summon Justice Umar’, SERAP Tells Senate / Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja / Jonathan's SURE-P Is A Drain Pipe On Nigeria's Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 20, 2013
The chairman of the Subsidy Re-investment Empowerment Programme (SURE-P), Dr. Christopher Kolade, has told the Senate Committee on SURE-P that, from October, the N10,000 payments to 110,000 beneficiaries of SURE-P may be stopped due to paucity of funds.

According to Kolade, SURE-P disburses N10,000 on a monthly basis to 3,000 people across the 36 states, including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

He told the lawmakers that SURE-P had targeted 5,000 beneficiaries but had to start with a pilot 3000 beneficiaries due to financial constraints, and reminded the Abdul Ningi-led Senate Committee that SURE-P had initially forwarded a request of N28 billion to the National Assembly but lawmakers had appropriated only N9 billion, and ignored complaints and the requests for reconsideration

Giving a analysis of SURE-P allocations, Kolade said that SURE-P received N180 billion last year and about N105 billion in 2013. He said SURE-P pays about N13 billion to beneficiaries monthly.

“As from this month, we will have problems, not only that we are unable to meet our target; those young men, we are likely to go to them at the end of the programme to say, ‘sorry we cannot continue with this’. This will damage the credibility of this programme,” Kolade said to the senators.

FG Dumps Oronsaye Report On Rationalisation Of MDAs

The federal government is planning to dump the Steve Oronsaye report on the rationalisation of government ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs) on the grounds that some of the (MDAs) are underpinned by law which cannot be repealed in the short run.

The FG is also planning to shelve the sacking of civil servants next year and to focus on works, power, education and other keys sectors of the economy.

This is contained in the 2014- 2016 Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) and Fiscal Strategy Paper (FSP) submitted by President Goodluck Jonathan to the National Assembly.

According to the report, the FG had hoped to save money via the MDAs rationalisation but that is no longer feasible.

http://leadership.ng/news/200913/sure-p-broke-kolade-tells-senate
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by takeprofit: 7:32am On Sep 20, 2013
Dont say that again.
btw from the onset, i,ve never liked how the program was organized.
what happened to the national directorate of employment? why should the winners of sure-p not repay the money the received so that it wld be recycled?

1 Like

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 20, 2013
waiting for (sincere) nigerian comments to tell us his own version.
Does anyone noticed that his counter part, ruben abati, has gone solo recently? Hope he is not part of new pdp.

1 Like

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 20, 2013
-| ˚°. ◦huh?!..

PTF beats this sh*t any day anytime.

[b] Where did all the money go to?

Why are those indicted for subsidy scams walking free?

Why is miss froggy eyes not probed?

Apart from some haggard looking people on black and white with some awkward aprons of SURE-P and thick smoke emitting noise making buses I see here in Abuja, I've not really seen or heard of any tangible thing done with the subsidy money.

No a$$ licking goon should tell me some other projects were executed with the monies from SURE-P. What about the money from 2013 budget?

If the developments according to what we heard earlier in 2012 is anything to come by, the development would be at a geometric rate cos, both the monies from the appropriation bill and subsidy rakes would power the developments.

Once they came with some Subsidy Reinvestment Programme SURE-P, I immediately knew it was SURE-Problems.

I prefer PTF to this silly SURE-P nonsense. Mtcheeew...

Airports rakes in revenue.

Internal revenue rakes in.

Customs rakes in.

Immigration rakes in.

Lagos seaport rakes in.

VAT.

All federal workers pay tax.

Agricultural produce exports.

Telecommunication industries pay taxes.

Importers pay taxes.

Me sef dey pay tax.

Thieves! Thieves!! Thieves!!![/b]

35 Likes

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:47am On Sep 20, 2013
4bobo: waiting for (sincere) nigerian comments to tell us his own version.
Does anyone noticed that his counter part, ruben abati, has gone solo recently? Hope he is not part of new pdp.
Dude, learn to read an article before commenting. The paucity of fund is due to the national assembly's refusal to appropriate adequate fund for SURE-P.

6 Likes

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by SwaGUnLimiTeD(m): 7:57am On Sep 20, 2013
End time tinzzzz
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by pmc01(m): 7:59am On Sep 20, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin

SURE-P now Sure Poverty. BTW, Where in Nigeria did they come about the 110,000 beneficiaries and how come I've never even met or even heard of one of them? Ghost beneficiaries (a la ghost workers)??

11 Likes

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by Davo93(m): 7:59am On Sep 20, 2013
4bobo: waiting for (sincere) nigerian comments to tell us his own version.
Did you even read the OP's post at all??
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by yahrant140(m): 7:59am On Sep 20, 2013
Is only in Nigeria, empowerment board get broke,wonder shall never end.
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 20, 2013
It could be another strategy for the government to ask for an increment of fuel Price.
I'm just saying.

3 Likes

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by lertee(f): 8:02am On Sep 20, 2013
Sure P has to be broke,it was a failed project even before it started.
The little that was pumped into it was embezzled so who is to be blamed. Iranu

2 Likes

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 20, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Dude, learn to read an article before commenting. The paucity of fund is due to the national assembly's refusal to appropriate adequate fund for SURE-P.

Cut that rooster story joor...

I presuppose the SURE-P account will be entirely different from any other FG owned account... Independently.

So what's this senates refusal brouhaha?

2 Likes

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by pmc01(m): 8:04am On Sep 20, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Dude, learn to read an article before commenting. The paucity of fund is due to the national assembly's refusal to appropriate adequate fund for SURE-P.

Lame excuse. Was it the National Assembly that created it? Abi they are a subsidiary of the NA? What happened to the previous grants?
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by charsreal(m): 8:05am On Sep 20, 2013
Sure P? Dat program is riddled wit corrupt practices as it is wit most initiative in Nigeria, contractors in charge of the program from state to local government level short change the beneficiaries of the program at will, allowances are delayed for months, even when they eventually pay substantial amount is deducted from the peanut that is paid, all is not just well, only God will serve us the common man in this country called Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by gboso1ne(m): 8:07am On Sep 20, 2013
Who stole the money?
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by Bantino(m): 8:07am On Sep 20, 2013
N10,000 to 3,000 is N30m and not N13b, whatz going on here Mr.

S@NNiE:
According to Kolade, SURE-P disburses N10,000 on a monthly basis to 3,000 people across the 36 states, including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

Giving a analysis of SURE-P allocations, Kolade said that SURE-P received N180 billion last year and about N105 billion in 2013. He said SURE-P pays about N13 billion to beneficiaries monthly.

8 Likes

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 20, 2013
This part of the story caught my attention.

FG Dumps Oronsaye Report On Rationalisation Of MDAs

The federal government is planning to dump the Steve Oronsaye report on the rationalisation of government ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs) on the grounds that some of the (MDAs) are underpinned by law which cannot be repealed in the short run.

So if they knew they couldn't implement the report because these agencies are "untouchable" why did they bother to set up the committee in the first place? Why give us false hope?

This is the reason why government will NEVER be trusted.

So for those hoping for a reduction in cost of governance, you might as well forget about it.

10 Likes

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by nerodenero: 8:10am On Sep 20, 2013
National Assembly are only good at appropriating kudi to themselves alone.Awon ole gbogbo!
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 20, 2013
pmc01: grin grin grin grin grin grin

SURE-P now Sure Poverty. BTW, Where in Nigeria did they come about the 110,000 beneficiaries and how come I've never even met or even heard of one of them? Ghost beneficiaries (a la ghost workers)??
dude, we are more than 100million in nigeria, it is possible for you not to have met any of the beneficiaries (i haven't either), it doesn't means ghost beneficiaries are involved, i know Mr kolade is credible even the senate can't fault that.

1 Like

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by lacasa: 8:24am On Sep 20, 2013
Compare this crap to PTF

3 Likes

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:28am On Sep 20, 2013
pmc01:

Lame excuse. Was it the National Assembly that created it? Abi they are a subsidiary of the NA? What happened to the previous grants?
Primary school pupil have invaded Nairaland.

Do you know that even the president can be impeached for spending money that has not been appropriated by the national assembly?

4 Likes

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by abdulkayus(m): 8:31am On Sep 20, 2013
SURE P don turn to SURE B, B for broke. So, na 10k dem dey give d beneficiaries every month. Na wa ooooo. And arent dey d beneficiarues returnin some part of d loan as its done in Kano
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by 1forall: 8:35am On Sep 20, 2013
This raises so many questions:

Who are these 110, 000 people receiving 10k monthly? How did they qualify for the benefit, is there an application process?

How does 10k monthly alleviate poverty in Nigeria, really? And how is that a 'subsidy re-investment'?

How can they have been 'investing' N13b monthly since 2012 with nothing to show for it?

Can we see what SURE-P has achieved so far, a report, not just these complaints? Or why should we put in more money when we can't evaluate the program?

Hang on, was this the purpose of SURE-P in the first place, sharing money to faceless people, wasn't it purposed for infrastructure development?

Dr Kolade, why have you decided to spoil your hitherto good name this way?

So many questions...

10 Likes

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by pmc01(m): 8:38am On Sep 20, 2013
gokelicious: dude, we are more than 100million in Nigeria, it is possible for you not to have met any of the beneficiaries (i haven't either), it doesn't means ghost beneficiaries are involved, i know Mr kolade is credible even the senate can't fault that.
Come of it bro., I know Christopher Kolade indeed has a track record of credibility. But it is impossible for me not to have met at least one beneficiary among the thousands. Is it not just the youths? I know what I am talking about.
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by HoLEEsinner: 8:39am On Sep 20, 2013
Who are the people benefitting from SURE-P, this government has this media propagadan way of selling lies to nigerians, hearing the initiative behind this SURE-P you'll say its a good project but sincerely its riddle with corruption, why can't we split the money into the numbers of regions we have and use it to for infrastructures or give the money to education sector, the people that really need the 10k aren't the ones getting it. SURE-P is simply politics and corrupt.
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by andyanders: 8:39am On Sep 20, 2013
Someone is stealing the money. Nigerian system in a corrupt system, demands that the money is stolen. If a director in a pension fund management, stole billions and walked out free from the corrupt judicial system, set up by corrupt government, nothing new if this so called fund is been channeled to a personal accounts.
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by pmc01(m): 8:42am On Sep 20, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Primary school pupil have invaded Nairaland.

Do you know that even the president can be impeached for spending money that has not been appropriated by the national assembly?

What's this one saying? Is SURE-P budget independent of the FG's budget proposal to the NA? How come SURE-P funds will be singled out as a separate entity. And the funds have not got the necessary assent when the 2013 fiscal year is just 3 months to the end?
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by Silva79(f): 8:50am On Sep 20, 2013
Since them don dey share the money e no reach my area oooo

1 Like

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by agrovick(m): 8:52am On Sep 20, 2013
Nigeria my country
Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by Kx: 8:52am On Sep 20, 2013
Is d main source of sure p revenue not the differential btw 97 and 65 a litre?

Someone pls educate me.

One wud think dat sure p can only be broke if fuel is now selling @ 65 per litre

2 Likes

Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by veraponpo(m): 8:54am On Sep 20, 2013
Fresh Air.

They wanted to copy Aregbesola's OYES and Ajimobi's YESO but doesn't have what it takes... grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbo And Yoruba Collaboration Can Change Nigeria, If They Bury The Hatchet. / Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? / Ladoja Joins Zenith Labour, Picks Alli As Guber Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.