Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,841 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja (2894 Views)

Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) / SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate / Jonathan's SURE-P Is A Drain Pipe On Nigeria's Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by stelaar(m): 6:44pm On Oct 24, 2013
I know most Govt online critics, home and abroad are usually confined to their areas, towns or states...and hardly make interstate or interregional trips. People familiar with this route would know this is the major link by road between the north and south, 10years back this was a bottle neck and a thorn in the flesh to commuters on this lines. Baba Iyabos 8yrs tenure left a mess(single lane), Yaradua came and did some surface start off and today,well I would leave the pictures to do all the talking...

1 Like

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by oLAAbEfe(m): 6:51pm On Oct 24, 2013
Fg refused to pay sure p workers almost 4 month now....sick president

1 Like

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by stelaar(m): 6:52pm On Oct 24, 2013
After crossing the Confluence, river Niger bridge, personally sometimes we need to physically see the works going on for us to believe government is working

4 Likes

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by asala1: 7:18pm On Oct 24, 2013
Bros if you are frequent on that route, you will know that work has been going on there for close to 12years now. The pace of the work there is quite slow. Maybe in the next 10years they complete the project. Don't give any credit to SURE-P for that project o, the contract was awarded and work has started there when GEJ was still a Deputy GOVERNOR.

11 Likes

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by stelaar(m): 7:31pm On Oct 24, 2013
asala1: Bros if you are frequent on that route, you will know that work has been going on there for close to 12years now. The pace of the work there is quite slow. Maybe in the next 10years they complete the project. Don't give any credit to SURE-P for that project o, the contract was awarded and work has started there when GEJ was still a Deputy GOVERNOR.
. Yes the contract was awarded a long time ago but did anything go on? Be sincere with yourself if you ply this route the work done within these 2years can't be matched with the surface drag work carried out in the previous 10yrs

14 Likes

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by ndufrank: 7:49pm On Oct 24, 2013
This is one of the good reasons why GEJ must continue to rule,lead,govern and guide us till 2019.

4 Likes

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by 0wilywily0: 8:06pm On Oct 24, 2013
ndufrank: This is one of the good reasons why GEJ must continue to rule,lead,govern and guide us till 2019.
APC Yorubas are enemy of progress.

1 Like

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 24, 2013
Did you buy Kuli Kuli on your way?
Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by stelaar(m): 11:25pm On Oct 24, 2013
smiley

1 Like

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by Arobam: 12:50am On Oct 25, 2013
Obj awarded this road at the cost of over 250bn but failed to mobilise beyond 12bn.
It is the SURE P Funds that has been used to renew funding on the road.
The level of progress on the road has significantly increased from what it used to be before. Kudos to GEJ

7 Likes

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by Mandelaguy(m): 1:19am On Oct 25, 2013
I salute president Jonathan for his reforms in every sector.the SURE P programme is working contrary to the insinuations of a disgruntled few.
Pictures don't lie. We can see remarkable progress of work on Abuja-Lokoja road.

1 Like

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by Louis88: 1:23am On Oct 25, 2013
ndufrank: This is one of the good reasons why GEJ must continue to rule,lead,govern and guide us till 2019.

I can't help but agree with you. GEJ is doing well. I was one of those who had serious doubts about the ability of the Kolade led SURE P to deliver but I have been proved wrong with the level of work so far. I just hope they will complete this road project so that Nigetians will drive through that road happily.

1 Like

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by Bukkyade: 1:34am On Oct 25, 2013
SURE P apears to have a lot of interventionist projects in so many sectors.
They are the ones handling this Abuja-Lokoja road, Loko-Eweta, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation, and East-West road
They are also intervening in the rehabilitation of railways from Lagos-Kano, Eastern railway line-Enugu-PH and Abuja intercity eail.etc
You must have to give them due credit.

5 Likes

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by Mallamabdul: 1:39am On Oct 25, 2013
asala1: Bros if you are frequent on that route, you will know that work has been going on there for close to 12years now. The pace of the work there is quite slow. Maybe in the next 10years they complete the project. Don't give any credit to SURE-P for that project o, the contract was awarded and work has started there when GEJ was still a Deputy GOVERNOR.

Mr Naysayer, why must you prophesy doom over the ongoing construction.
You need to ply through that road to know the level of work going on there. It will not be stalled like before because FG is using SURE P funds to resume work on the road.

1 Like

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by Dollarman101: 1:42am On Oct 25, 2013
FRESH AIR TILL 2019 grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by Zutchy: 1:44am On Oct 25, 2013
GEJ should just do us a favour and complete this Abuja-Lokoja road before 2015. I will vote for him with all my fingers and toes.

2 Likes

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by musiwa112: 2:03am On Oct 25, 2013
you are really not smart. Even if Jonathan Build 10,000,000n road and skyscrapers in the north. The North will never vote for him. When I mean never, I mean never. He is only waste his time with the north.

since he did not do anything in western nigeria. they will not vote for him too. so he has been stupid all the while. how can you put a road in northern nigeria and show western nigeria that you are working and you think , they will vote for you when you never build anything in their portion. Look Jonathan honestly should forget 2015 for the sake of peace.. And go for break up.

he should go seek his vote in the north and see, if they will vote for him.

1 Like

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by stelaar(m): 7:15am On Oct 25, 2013
Musiwa112 the work on this route signifies one Nigeria as such a link between the north and south...at it's completion there would be a mutual benefit for both regions...notice the Hausa Mallam transporting his kola to the Eastern brothers smiley PS this is not about campaign or election.

1 Like

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by cashkid419(m): 7:32am On Oct 25, 2013
vote for gej
vote for change in nig
sai gej till 2019 cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by cashkid419(m): 7:33am On Oct 25, 2013
stelaar: Musiwa112 the work on this route signifies one Nigeria as such a link between the north and south...at it's completion there would be a mutual benefit for both regions...notice the Hausa Mallam transporting his kola to the Eastern brothers smiley PS this is not about campaign or election.
ar u frm d north
Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by stelaar(m): 3:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
24th December 2013 : Am on the same route again and I can't believe my eyes...In the past there would have been a swam of cars struggling to overtake each other in dense traffic...From Abuja down to Gegu and Not yet a single Traffic issue...years back a lot of people would have been sick and cring on the road by this time
Check points waits are at there minimal and the Road safety corps are on stand by at major points.

5 Likes

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
musiwa112: you are really not smart. Even if Jonathan Build 10,000,000n road and skyscrapers in the north. The North will never vote for him. When I mean never, I mean never. He is only waste his time with the north.

since he did not do anything in western nigeria. they will not vote for him too. so he has been stupid all the while. how can you put a road in northern nigeria and show western nigeria that you are working and you think , they will vote for you when you never build anything in their portion. Look Jonathan honestly should forget 2015 for the sake of peace.. And go for break up.

Speak english...
Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by jamace(m): 3:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
stelaar: 24th December 2013 : Am on the same route again and I can't believe my eyes...In the past there would have been a swam of cars struggling to overtake each other in dense traffic...From Abuja down to Gegu and Not yet a single Traffic issue...years back a lot of people would have been sick and cring on the road by this time
Check points waits are at there minimal and the Road safety corps are on stand by at major points.

GEJ is working. Kudos to the government of GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by karlmax2: 3:47pm On Dec 24, 2013
stelaar: 24th December 2013 : Am on the same route again and I can't believe my eyes...In the past there would have been a swam of cars struggling to overtake each other in dense traffic...From Abuja down to Gegu and Not yet a single Traffic issue...years back a lot of people would have been sick and cring on the road by this time
when people were telling the naysayers that gej is working, they should travel around nigeria and see. they sit in their houses peddling their masters propoganda.am sure most people embarking on one trip or another this december would really appreciate the good work this administration has done as per our roads. We should ask our state and local governments what they have done with their own share of sure-p

4 Likes

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by gregg2: 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2013
Those APC e - goats have deserted this thread

1 Like

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by awodman: 8:02pm On Dec 24, 2013
Bro did you take pictures?...if yes please post
Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by jmaine: 8:57pm On Dec 24, 2013

The roads are really getting better . . .Kudos OP.

1 Like

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by Mogten(m): 8:57pm On Dec 24, 2013
musiwa112: you are really not smart. Even if Jonathan Build 10,000,000n road and skyscrapers in the north. The North will never vote for him. When I mean never, I mean never. He is only waste his time with the north.

It's just ur opinion, but sir, with all due respect, ur opinion is crass, bias and bereft of any modicum of thoughtfulness. You're so chauvinistic. If you're not happy with the works ongoing in the so called "North", please go and die. What a divisive nonentity!
Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by agabaI23(m): 9:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
Op your head correct.

I passed through that road November 2012, sept, oct and nov 2013.

I was amazed in sept, in october the time was shorter and In November I kept wondering the kind of màgic they performed. Before the army check point after Lokoja, I was on the newly constructed lane for God knows How long. It is amazing!!!

2 Likes

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 24, 2013
Wit what i am reading, initially, i did not want to travel, but now am considering travelling to lagos for a wedding wit my camera to see for myself ie next year.
Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by OmoTier1(m): 9:23pm On Dec 24, 2013
stelaar: . Yes the contract was awarded a long time ago but did anything go on? Be sincere with yourself if you ply this route the work done within these 2years can't be matched with the surface drag work carried out in the previous 10yrs
You be real village boy! Chei, event foreigners in Nigeria know that dualization of the Abuja-Lokoja way was awarded in two phases, with phase one handled byAbout 7 different construction companies and phase two was rewarded during yar'dua's regime! Even as far back as 2011when I shuttled that route almost every two weeks, works was heaven between Lokoja town towards Abuja and From gwagwalada towards Lokoja.
Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by agabaI23(m): 9:28pm On Dec 24, 2013
No one is arguing that work just started with Sure-p. We are talking about the rate of work there in the past and present. You won't appreciate it If u don't pass there frequently or If you havent passed through the road in recent months.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Rotimi Amaechi Convoy Attacked At By Rumuolumeni Youths This Evening / Tiwa Savage Goes On Stage Almost N*ked, Puts Legs Up / A Lion Was Spotted In Ikorodu, Lagos Yesterday? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.