Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,155 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam (22069 Views)

How Many Hours Of Power Supply Do You Have In Your Area Per Day. / Photo: When Daddy Finally Returns With A Galon Of Fuel After 9 Hours / Boko Haram Kills Nearly 200 In 48 Hours Of Nigeria Slaughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by Guk: 10:05am On Sep 21, 2013
olokfor: Friday night will be a day that both pedestrians and motorists in ogba,ifako-Ijaiye local government area of Lagos state will not forget in a hurry. The static traffic jam started at about 4 pm and lasted till the early hours of saturday.

METRONAIJA can authoritatively confirm that the bad state of the road which is under construction caused the historic traffic jam in the community and some motorists had to pack their cars in order to trek to their destinations.

The below pictures were taken at about 1am the following morning.

NO FRSC,LASTMA OFFICIALS TO CONTROL THE FLOW OF TRAFFIC

http://metronaija.com/exclusive-photos-lagosians-witness-9-hours-static-traffic-jam/

Sheer indiscipline on the part of motorists causes such lengthy traffic jams. I have had to control traffic a few days ago at Bode Thomas/Adeniran Ogunsanya road junction Surulere. The average motorist is Lagos is a Stubborn Selfish Billy Goat. I succeeded for the 30 minutes thereabout but ended up wt a splitting headache; lost voice and sore throat not to talk of a sweaty smelly body. Too many impatient goons around town

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by plendil: 10:07am On Sep 21, 2013
fyneguy: where exactly did this happen?

I drove from Dolphin Estate to Mile12 yesterday. I didnt spend 9 hours

I was wondering the same thing. There was traffic alright; but nothing unusual, certainly not up to nine hours!! shocked shocked

fake bloggers. angry
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by tspun(m): 10:07am On Sep 21, 2013
lagso is the last state i always dream of living. I don't care if it is d commercial nerve of d con3. I can't face does hectic way of life.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 21, 2013
Lagos must be decongested. Already the fashiorla govt is reeling from colossal loss of internal revenue due to the opening up of other regions. GEJ is clandestinely doing a great job cool
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by tyrese108(f): 10:15am On Sep 21, 2013
I spent over 3 hours on that road...and to think of d fact dat it took me just 30 mins to get to lagos from benin angry
I had 2 eventually trek home cry
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by 3ace(m): 10:15am On Sep 21, 2013
Guk:

The average motorist is Lagos is a Stubborn Selfish Billy Goat. I succeeded for the 30 minutes thereabout but ended up wt a splitting headache; lost voice and sore throat not to talk of a sweaty smelly body. Too many impatient goons around town
lol, omo, u badt gan ni! See yabeez! grin
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by Dayo30(m): 10:19am On Sep 21, 2013
Hmmmm. Fashola is wrkin lagos is movin even at 9yt wat a movement..... I luv CROC CITY (kaduna)
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by Browser69(m): 10:19am On Sep 21, 2013
PHCN come help the situation, see as everywhere black. hope those go slow owner no show you?
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by Ajibel(m): 10:19am On Sep 21, 2013
Arab contractors are working on the road, that's the reason for the hold up. They mostly work at night due to the fact that there is heavy traffic on the road by daytime. I reside in this area and I can say we dey suffer ooo... Dust and hold up!!!
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by rozayx5(m): 10:19am On Sep 21, 2013
no street lights, Eko Oni Baje
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by LausDeo(m): 10:20am On Sep 21, 2013
pendusky: what caused it is the question, ive never been in Lagos traffic jam for more than 4hr before
and that is something to be proud of?
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by 190theclown: 10:23am On Sep 21, 2013
pesty100: This happens when the END of work has come and its TIME to go home to see your family and other THINGS

Strange the end is near

Mukinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 21, 2013
Dis aint new in lagos now. 2011 september in apapa. Traffic streched from wharf end all the way to mile 2. From 5pm till 4:30am the follwing day.though I wasn't part of it,cos my work place is opposite the expressway.but I could see the fustration on commuters and drivers face.during our late night operation,cud neva forget one old man I had to buy food for, across the road,he was a driver for julius berger benz van. He cudnt leave his van.and few pple had to take speed boats from our jetty area to after mile 2.it was crazy .at a point NEMA helicopters were hovering around the whole visinity.
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by joshuaidibia(m): 10:26am On Sep 21, 2013
Nice work OP. Bt D pics shud have been taken from back view. So dat we can c d car line ups well.
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by 3ace(m): 10:30am On Sep 21, 2013
Ajibel: Arab contractors are working on the road, that's the reason for the hold up. They mostly work at night due to the fact that there is heavy traffic on the road by daytime. I reside in this area and I can say we dey suffer ooo... Dust and hold up!!!
But you will agree those guys are doing a neat job. So the suffering is worth it.
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by sweettease(f): 10:32am On Sep 21, 2013
igwemoagbo: Dis aint new in lagos now. 2011 september in apapa. Traffic streched from wharf end all the way to mile 2. From 5pm till 4:30am the follwing day.though I wasn't part of it,cos my work place is opposite the expressway.but I could see the fustration on commuters and drivers face.during our late night operation,cud neva forget one old man I had to buy food for, across the road,he was a driver for julius berger benz van. He cudnt leave his van.and few pple had to take speed boats from our jetty area to after mile 2.it was crazy .at a point NEMA helicopters were hovering around the whole visinity.
See action film grin
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 21, 2013
The traffic na die.
Lagos/abeokuta road wasn't spared last night. The traffic on that axis was as far as ikeja along and the airforce base. The rains didn't help either.

To be honest though, nigerian drivers are a buncha impatient, carefree and inconsiderate scum.

Beneath the bridge at MAryland, LASTMA is busy clearing a long truck whose driver somehow managed to knock off the demarcation for the BRT and normal lanes.

Who knows how much traffic that woulda caused yesterday.
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by Policewoman(f): 10:39am On Sep 21, 2013
Eko O Ti Ba Je ohhh!! tongue
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:42am On Sep 21, 2013
bashy_demy: Well this not new abeg, New Yorkers once experience 50hours traffic jam

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/04/25/study-new-yorkers-lost-50-hours-in-traffic-in-2012/
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by iamdsam: 10:44am On Sep 21, 2013
Na wah o! Truth be told, this is why we need efficient railway transport in Nigeria. It'll help to curb this road transport problem we got in Lagos and the whole of Nigeria and @op I don't get these your pics o. Where is the traffic jam
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by smoothicon(m): 10:47am On Sep 21, 2013
God bless America!!
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by Mercyu1(f): 10:48am On Sep 21, 2013
Traffic jam in Lagos state is so terrible.D 1st time I went 2 Lagos,I spent almost 4hours frm VI to Ogba n I almost cried in d bus dt day.But now I hv no choice than 2 adapt so as 2 maintain my sanity likewise every other residents of d state.Imagine dt I hv 2 spend 2 to 3hours to get to my office after spending 3ominutes to 1hour in d queue 2 enter d bus.All d same,God dey
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by Adj505(f): 10:54am On Sep 21, 2013
Is true d road Ȋ̝̊̅§ under construction since march απϑ dr ΨåS̤̈̊ trffic testerday cos ℓ̊ live at haruna str ifako ijaiye buh ℓ̊ don't know if it took 9 hrs cos ℓ̊ had Τ̅☺ take anoda road Τ̅☺ ♍Ɣ street.
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by TechyGuy: 10:57am On Sep 21, 2013
Why is everywhere dark?
Is it the OP's phone or the street lights? angry
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by Holybishop007: 10:58am On Sep 21, 2013
I leave somewhere off College road, O°˚˚˚.boi, no be small smtin ystday O°˚˚˚. I leg am from Adeniyi Jones reach my house. Sure the Contractors are doing a good job but they are damn too slow and considering the traffic rate on that road, they should know better ao to handle such project, no be say make den dey try do evri @ da same time. What happened ystday was that dy poured the "sticky red sand" on both side of the road, rain fell, and the road became unmotorable, so tey Truck sef dey swaff, wetin small motor wan do, some r even still stuck in the mud. End of story.
Hold up sef catch pple wey dey leg am go dre House sef.
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by ALISMILE(m): 11:01am On Sep 21, 2013
Thats y i despise that hell call lagos. I kwn most people remain ther cos they dont ve option.
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by duality(m): 11:03am On Sep 21, 2013
Had GEJ or PEJ been in Lagos, Some persons would have blamed them for it.
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 21, 2013
bashy_demy: Well this not new abeg, New Yorkers once experience 50hours traffic jam

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/04/25/study-new-yorkers-lost-50-hours-in-traffic-in-2012/
you have misquoted that article...i am sure you didn't read it...and what you are saying doesn't make sense...you cannot lose 50 hours in traffic in 1 day of 24hrs. That was the time lost in traffic on the average for all New york commuters in the whole of the year 2012. Ie.(365 days x 24hrs= 8,760 hours ). I am sure all those people who ply 3rd MB in the morning and evenings spend an average of 2 hours stuck in traffic...if you multiply that by the 5 days a week, 12 months a year routine, i am sure its a lot more than 50hrs.

3 Likes

Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by Nikapetrelli(f): 11:10am On Sep 21, 2013
Na to leave d car,begin use jogging to go house
Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by goldfish80(m): 11:11am On Sep 21, 2013
This traffic jam in china lasted 13 days

Re: Lagosians Witness 9 Hours Of Static Traffic Jam by oseiwe(m): 11:12am On Sep 21, 2013
I remember leaving marina at 5.30pm and getting home in ikorodu at 10.30pm everyday. Lagos sha...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Speech Governor Ortom Delivered To President Buhari At His Visit To Benue / Senator Ogunlewe, FUNAAB VC, Bursar Arraigned In Court Today / Troway Shame, Off Cloth And Kuku Support Tinubu By Temi Dayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.