Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians (5742 Views)

AIT Documentary On Tinubu: Lion Of Bourdillion (Videos) / PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis / A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by Seun(m): 5:35pm On Jan 27, 2015
Afam4eva:
Are you implying that Awolowo would have prefered to form a country with the eastern region?
It would have been a more difficult decision for him. He would've had to consider whether they had the resources to defend the new country without much bloodshed and loss of life - I think the north produced most of the food we consumed and exported at that time. And even if the plan was feasible, Ojukwu would have wanted to be the supreme leader of the new country and Awolowo wouldn't have liked that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by CyberWolf: 5:41pm On Jan 27, 2015
The documentary is just opening old wounds and I know this wound will be adequately addressed when the time comes..
Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 27, 2015
Seun:
Buhari's accent hasn't changed since 1985!
what's that suppose to mean sir? You expect him to begin to funnerize or what? This your comment is pregnant.
Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by BlackTechnology: 6:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
Seun:

Secession would have been beneficial to Igbos because of the oil in the Niger Delta region. Biafra would have been far richer than the other regions. But that is precisely why a peaceful secession was impossible. That is why Awo did not agree with Ojukwu's plan for the 3 regions of the country to split up; the plan would only have benefitted the South East. It's like trying to divorce your spouse after winning a huge fortune.
Thank you for acknowledging that Awo fought for oil and not for a truly one Nigeria

Seun let me burst your bubbles for you

Ojukwu had the means to win the oil but foolishly refused to utilized it

Ojukwu sent one of his people to Soviet Union for support. The Russians made it clear that the price for it was the oil of which Ojukwu refused

2 Weeks later, the Nigerian delegate went and was presented the same proposal which he gladly accepted

That's the history you never read cool

I speedily and humbly expect your respond wink

3 Likes

Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by Dotwillis1(m): 8:12pm On Jan 27, 2015
--
Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by smartigo: 8:37am On Jan 28, 2015
Are you for real? Honestly, some comments are best kept in the mind @ Seun.

I think everybody was greedy and that is why oil is now a curse for this nation. The lives lost or sacrificed was uncalled for if all the parties involved had done the right thing. I still feel the blames lie mostly on Awo n Ojukwu. They both were too self-conceited.
Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by LewisO: 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2015
Seun:
Buhari's accent hasn't changed since 1985!

Hahaha baba grin

But speaking accent doesn't determine your competency as a good ruler!

1 Like

Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by stainlex(m): 8:02pm On Jan 29, 2015
One thing that caught my fancy in the documentary was the fluency of the Sarduana and Sir T. Balewa. Where did modern northerners get their accent 'prom'? These men spoke Queen's English mhen!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by stainlex(m): 8:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
One would really be amazed at the seeming nonchalance he displayed while narrating their actions. That fella was one evil genius, and he seemed like an officer one could identify with...Cool dude tho...compared to his superior, Ironsi.

Seun:
Major Ngeogwu was a really handsome, well-spoken, casually evil devil. He sounds exactly like a university student in present-day Nigeria.

Ahmadu Bello's gleeful explanation of his tribalistic policy is funny.
Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 01, 2015
Ojukwu is whoever we Igbo say he is.to us he was our greatest leader to date he isn't an asshole .

1 Like

Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 01, 2015
omenka:
Have it on my system. The Op is just one hypocrite. Why didn't he mention the very beginning of our problems as captured in the documentary which was the First Coup organised by mostly officers from Igbo extraction??

Seun, has your account been hacked??
Nzeogwu led the coup because of what he witnessed during the state of emergency in the wild west. The first coup wasnt Nigerias problem.at as of 1963 Nigeria was neck deep in political turmoil. It was only a pity that the Igbo paid a massive price for some thing they weren't guilty of
Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 01, 2015
Seun:

Secession would have been beneficial to Igbos because of the oil in the Niger Delta region. Biafra would have been far richer than the other regions. But that is precisely why a peaceful secession was impossible. That is why Awo did not agree with Ojukwu's plan for the 3 regions of the country to split up; the plan would only have benefitted the South East. It's like trying to divorce your spouse after winning a huge fortune.
Gowon was never in charge.the Kaduna mafia where.get your facts straight.ojukwu didn't just declare Biafra our elders en leaders adviced him to.he had massive Igbo support and even after his death he still does.the only mistake ojukwu made to me was that he tried to convince or even force other ethnic groups in Nigeria to give up when they where so overcome with fear to try.
Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by Seun(m): 3:57pm On Feb 01, 2015
eduj:

Nzeogwu led the coup because of what he witnessed during the state of emergency in the wild west. The first coup wasnt Nigerias problem.at as of 1963 Nigeria was neck deep in political turmoil. It was only a pity that the Igbo paid a massive price for some thing they weren't guilty of
The brutal and unnecessary killing of northern leaders by those evil young soldiers was directly responsible for the killing of Igbos in the north.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by TonySpike: 4:25pm On Feb 01, 2015
smartigo:
Are you for real? Honestly, some comments aaccomplishment in the mind @ Seun.

I think everybody was greedy and that is why oil is now a curse for this nation. The lives lost or sacrificed was uncalled for if all the parties involved had done the right thing. I still feel the blames lie mostly on Awo n Ojukwu. They both were too self-conceited.
I personally think Ojukwu allow his ego and emotions override his logic. To him, it was more of a personal accomplishment to be stubborn.

1 Like

Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by Codedrock(m): 4:29pm On Feb 01, 2015
Seun:
The brutal and unnecessary killing of northern leaders by those evil young soldiers was directly responsible for the killing of Igbos in the north.

Hello, please last time I advertised I could place my ads
on any board at anytime and it won't on any pending
stuff..
I think its only when u upload the ad it goes true review
why this.. Seun pls restore our old system bak

and my ad placement have been pending review for the past 24hrs
Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by TonySpike: 4:31pm On Feb 01, 2015
eduj:

It is on record that foremost Igbo leaders and their followers hobnobbed with the establishment to destabilise (and fragment) the Western region. Their endgame was to weaken the opposition leadership of the West and swindle the North of power. This unfortunately led to a series of unforgettable events which destroyed Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 01, 2015
Seun:
That was what Nigerians where made to believe just as bokoharam is being passed as a religious instead of political problem
Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 01, 2015
TonySpike:

It is on record that foremost Igbo leaders and their followers hobnobbed with the establishment to destabilise (and fragment) the Western region. Their endgame was to weaken the opposition leadership of the West and swindle the North of power. This unfortunately led to a series of unforgettable events which destroyed Nigeria!
Ur opinion.I think most of us Nigerians should do their research from neutral sources.for Gods sake this is the age of methodic doubt.
Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by TonySpike: 4:55pm On Feb 01, 2015
eduj:

Ur opinion.I think most of us Nigerians should do their research from neutral sources.for Gods sake this is the age of methodic doubt.
Are your own sources neutral or you heard the 'story' from your uncle or Daddy?
Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by Seun(m): 5:02pm On Feb 01, 2015
eduj:

That was what Nigerians where made to believe just as bokoharam is being passed as a religious instead of political problem
It's the truth. That first coup was extremely bloody. Those brutes killed a lot of people whose poo they were not qualified to clean. However, it was wrong of the north to respond by deliberately killing innocent Igbos who had nothing to do with the coup. There's no excuse for genocide.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 01, 2015
atlwireles:
I have watched this video before, the only person that made any sense to me was Gowon. Lots of pretenders and power hungry opportunist.

Right from the get-go.. Nigeria was a LIE.. a very powerful lie upon which our greedy, selfish Founding Fathers sought to Rule (not Govern) the amalgamated regions for their personal benefit ,using religious and tribal ethnic line to divide the expectations of the masses and disunite them. seconds no sooner than the British left, Nigeria plunged into a Civil war.. what possibly could have been the root cause of that if not the fact that the LIE could no longer hold in the face of the realities on ground. Gowon.. yes if you believe the LIE of the Nigerian Nation.. Ojukwu had the right thoughts.. but of course it seemed like an evil cause.. but hey Nigerians.. look at where we are today.. Afenirere, Oodua, OPC, MASSOB, MEND, AREWA, BOKO-haram, Ndigbo. . hah ah aha hahhah ahahaha now you all see the LIE for what it truly is.. we were never meant to be one in the first place. only the blissfully ignorant and the religiously-blinded continue to think this way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by Nobody: 2:28am On Feb 02, 2015
Nzeogwu and co closed their eyes to the ethnic fault lines in Nigeria even at that time, otherwise they would have set out to have an ethnically balanced coup. The result of that unpardonable error was fatal - pogrom and civil war. That is what you always get, even today, when you ignore our very glaring fault lines and continue to shout hypocritical one-Nigeria.

Another point, Imagine it was said in the documentary that the igbos were the most progressive at that time. And what was the reaction of their fellow country men to that good attribute? Rather than encourage and embrace that progressive culture nationwide, they designed a policy of exclusivity and suppression. 5 decades later, some hypocrites are carrying brooms around and calling themselves progressives. Yeye dey smell
Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by pazienza(m): 4:25pm On Feb 09, 2015
eduj:
Ojukwu is whoever we Igbo say he is.to us he was our greatest leader to date he isn't an asshole .

Isn't it funny? Seun the Yoruba tribalist called Ojukwu an As.shole while sparing his power hungry suicidal God Awo,whose greed to partake in eastern region resources ultimately led to his early demise, what a tool!

1 Like

Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by pazienza(m): 4:29pm On Feb 09, 2015
Sincere9gerian:
Nzeogwu and co closed their eyes to the ethnic fault lines in Nigeria even at that time, otherwise they would have set out to have an ethnically balanced coup. The result of that unpardonable error was fatal - pogrom and civil war. That is what you always get, even today, when you ignore our very glaring fault lines and continue to shout hypocritical one-Nigeria.

Another point, Imagine it was said in the documentary that the igbos were the most progressive at that time. And what was the reaction of their fellow country men to that good attribute? Rather than encourage and embrace that progressive culture nationwide, they designed a policy of exclusivity and suppression. 5 decades later, some hypocrites are carrying brooms around and calling themselves progressives. Yeye dey smell

Jason pini summarized it well. They(Nigerians) wanted to compete with Ndiigbo, but non of them wanted to do so on equal footing, they wanted an advantage.

1 Like

Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by pazienza(m): 4:39pm On Feb 09, 2015
Seun:

Your use of South East and Niger delta in the above post is dubious and reeks of treachery as neither of the two terms were in existence at the time in discourse.

The SE is a Yoruba-Gowon creation, as most of the onshore oil wells of the Eastern region in the era in discourse were in Igbo speaking areas of the Eastern region and less in the Ijaw speaking areas of the East. The Ekpeye,Ogba, Ikwerre,Etche,Ndoni,Asa,Egbema, Ndoki were still part of the Igbo commonwealth as of then, and together,those Igbo speaking groups housed the majority of the Eastern region oil wealth.

Awo didn't disagree with the break up,he dubiously assumed a neutral stance,when he came to Ojukwu in Enugu, where as he secretly coveted the crude wealth of the East.
Awo was a typical snake, Ojukwu failed to discover until it bit the Igbo nation.

1 Like

Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by lazsnaira(m): 2:32pm On Feb 12, 2015
carmenblandish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16vubBIx-T0

This is a well put together documentary about Nigeria. Parents watch this with your children

OBJ trumpet blowers.....blow your way to hell.....OBJ, Abacha, Shagari, Buhari, Babangida.....all put Nigeria on a fast train to destruction.

the WICKEDNESS OF HEART OF A BLACKMAN....even the devil himself go wither!!

The greatest mistake was perhaps getting independence when we did......i pity the future generation

If you really wanna know what happened during the NigerianBiafra war read Frederick Forsyth 'The Making of an African Legend: The Biafra Story

1 Like

Re: Documentary On History Of Nigeria - A Must Watch For All Nigerians by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 24, 2021
carmenblandish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16vubBIx-T0

This is a well put together documentary about Nigeria. Parents watch this with your children

OBJ trumpet blowers.....blow your way to hell.....OBJ, Abacha, Shagari, Buhari, Babangida.....all put Nigeria on a fast train to destruction.

the WICKEDNESS OF HEART OF A BLACKMAN....even the devil himself go wither!!

The greatest mistake was perhaps getting independence when we did......i pity the future generation

And here they are.....grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pic - Rochas Okorocha Wife And Children Ran Into Oshomole This Morning In Abuja. / Osinbajo: We Must Develop Knowledge-based Economy For Viability / NSCDC Arrests Four Suspects With 90,000 Litres Of Adulterated Fuel In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.