Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Why Do We (christians) Blame Judas? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We (christians) Blame Judas? (972 Views)

Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking / Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? / Why Are We Christians Not United? Why The Division? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We (christians) Blame Judas? by LMAyedun(m): 6:33pm On Sep 21, 2013
It has to be said that the gospels portray Judas as a nasty piece of work. John, for instance, portrays him as a thief often helping himself to the 'common fund' of the disciples as he was the 'keeper of the purse'. In addition, we were told that the 'devil entered Judas' before the betrayal.
So christians believed Judas was a betrayal, and he should be totally blamed for the death of Jesus Christ.
Personally, I feel Judas was the chosen one; if he had not done the deed, then it would have had to be one of the others to fulfill God's divine plan. Jesus knew about his death and the necessity of it, I feel he only fulfilled what he was predestined to do and he should not be blamed.
We do know, for example, that Jesus knew Judas would 'betray him'. Even at the last supper we were told that Jesus told him to 'go, and do what you have to do'. We are uncertain what this means, but I believe that Judas(and Jesus) were very aware of what would happen and what would HAVE to happen if God's plan of redemption through Jesus' death and the resurrection was to take place.
Therefore, I am now of thinking that Judas was possibly obeying God's plan and doing God's will in betraying Jesus to the authorities.

My question is... Should we blame Judas for Jesus' death?
Re: Why Do We (christians) Blame Judas? by Debeloved87(m): 9:35pm On Sep 21, 2013
Someone has to crucify JESUS, all the apostles know this and they tremble, but judas shows no care...even if he knows he is the one, he could have pray that God should not use him to do so, but the love of money is just too much in his life and in the same step some of our men of God are rightly taking..too bad.
Re: Why Do We (christians) Blame Judas? by LMAyedun(m): 6:17am On Sep 22, 2013
^^^ I think Judas showed no care because he was created, selected as a disciple for that purpose. And he couldn't had possibly prayed to turn the plans of God for that purposed, I don't think so.

Even the love of money you mentioned, was perfected all on Judas' life to fulfill God's will.

I think Judas was created with those flaws solely for that Purpose.
I stand to be corrected tho.

(1) (Reply)

God's Standard Of Judgement At The Last Day / She Wants To Know If She Can Wear This To Church / Funny Bible Verses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.