Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,477 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. (6318 Views)

Photos: Transport Ideas That Can Reduce Traffic/Accidents In Lagos. / GEJ Trekker, OladeleNihi Involved In Accident (Photos) / Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by JayCee2010: 11:02pm On Sep 21, 2013
Many people will admit that at some point in their lives, they've seen people involved in road traffic accidents, bleeding by the road side, trapped in mangled or burning vehicles, or sometimes sitting on the floor calling out for help.

Have you ever stopped to help such people?

Many people don't, for fear that armed robbers may attack (if it happens on inter-state roads), some say that 'the authorities' will handle it (whoever the authorities are), other call an emergency number and give details and locations and they still drive off- feeling like they have 'done their part'.

if you put yourself in the victim's shoes and imagine you've been sitting in a pool of your own blood for hours and several vehicles drove by, some staring sympathetically, but none stopping to rescue you, or offer help, what would your perspective of humanity be like after the experience? Definitely you'll think humans are heartless and hypocritical creatures.

If you have had such an experience, or helped out in an accident, please share your experience.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by UjSizzle(f): 9:16am On Sep 22, 2013
No, i'd be no use to anybody if i passed out at the sight of so much blood undecided

2 Likes

Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by Mubby4luv(m): 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2013
No, may God forgive me Sha but I once stopped and had to b detained by our crazy Police just to give statement.
Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by djeezy(m): 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2013
Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by mrofficial(m): 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2013
Dunno cause I'm yet to encounter one. The one that could have made me do so required no stopping because they were snatchers running after me on a tarred road while doing 100-120. In the process, as they tried to overtake me, they collided with a parked bus (danfo). All I heard was GBOA! And the car headlamps went off. I just kept driving fast until I was sure of safety. For some moment, I thought some ghosts were still after me that I just kept looking all around as I was driving. This happened around 10pm on a road which links to egbeda of Idimu road.
Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by Deekaydadon(m): 10:07pm On Sep 22, 2013
Not found myself in such a situation
Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by djeezy(m): 10:09pm On Sep 22, 2013
I don't know why I can't stand the sight of blood or a scene of a ghastly motor accident. Each time I spot a crash site, there's usually a crowd to help the affected victims whilst I watch at a distance barely seeing the victims. Well one day, when there's no crowd, I'll definitely help.

1 Like

Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by adisa204(m): 10:09pm On Sep 22, 2013
For where.So when you help them and you get to the hospital,they tell you to collect doctors report,on getting to the police station you are told to pay bribe again.Just for helping

2 Likes

Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
i have never seen an accident situation.... it scares me tho.... i will help
Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by DarryOsh(m): 10:11pm On Sep 22, 2013
Neva found myself in such a situation, bt if it ever happens and the scene has nt already been flooded by people I think i would help in whatever way I can
Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by djeezy(m): 10:12pm On Sep 22, 2013
cdamsel: Mukina this topic has been on the FP before na angry

U can't run out of topics On NL,pls fill this FP wit better topics & not recycled ones abeg undecided
Mukina is human na, she's not infallible. They cannot remember all the topics that has made front page since the inception of nairaland.
Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by sugaarbear(m): 10:13pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ofcourse i helped an accident victim some months ago ...it really bad ignoring people in such condition....be the good samarithan

1 Like

Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by homesteady(m): 10:20pm On Sep 22, 2013
NOO! I've never come across any fresh accident! I always come late
Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 22, 2013
I dont have a car now but when I do, I will apply caution before I stop to help... Reason: IT MAY BE A ROBBERY FORMAT!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by donjoewizy(m): 10:23pm On Sep 22, 2013
I stop every-time i come across such incident...as a SM with the FRSC, its what we are expected to do{duty-ish}
Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by kayLion(m): 10:27pm On Sep 22, 2013
A friend based in UK who came for Xmas holiday did that in Ibadan and it almost turned against him..don't think I can do it again since that experience..I only know my heart
Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 22, 2013
Sadly, No. My reason being that, there is nothing I can do to help them, so why start a pity party.
Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 22, 2013
smiley
Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by gerrardomendes(m): 10:47pm On Sep 22, 2013
i just spoke with the president. we are setting up a committee to look into this.

1 Like

Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by Dannylux: 10:58pm On Sep 22, 2013
Risky
Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by Olamira(f): 11:07pm On Sep 22, 2013
I was once involved in an auto crash along ohafia road in abia. The car burnt beyond recognition, we wer all bleeding & cars refused 2stop n help 4fear of been robbed. It took an hour b4 a man stopd 2help after one person had already died.
Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by Ndipe(m): 11:22pm On Sep 22, 2013
JayCee2010: Many people will admit that at some point in their lives, they've seen people involved in road traffic accidents, bleeding by the road side, trapped in mangled or burning vehicles, or sometimes sitting on the floor calling out for help.

Have you ever stopped to help such people?

Many people don't, for fear that armed robbers may attack (if it happens on inter-state roads), some say that 'the authorities' will handle it (whoever the authorities are), other call an emergency number and give details and locations and they still drive off- feeling like they have 'done their part'.

if you put yourself in the victim's shoes and imagine you've been sitting in a pool of your own blood for hours and several vehicles drove by, some staring sympathetically, but none stopping to rescue you, or offer help, what would your perspective of humanity be like after the experience? Definitely you'll think humans are heartless and hypocritical creatures.

If you have had such an experience, or helped out in an accident, please share your experience.

Have you ever helped someone in a car accident?
Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 22, 2013
I do even though I've been mugged while doing that.
Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by dhtml4: 12:09am On Sep 23, 2013
I am always scared of stopping by the roadside despite being a health worker. Best is to call an ambulance and hightail outta there.
Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 23, 2013
I have been helped and if not for this stranger, my friend in d car with me would have died. God bless that guy and his generation where ever he is. He helped us to the hospital and just dissappeared and he prayed too cos I was crying. I thought my friend wad gonna die. I was scared like christmas effing goat. I always helped people ever since even if it means picking up a few strangers at the bus stop when its raining. What goes around comes back around. Karma is real

5 Likes

Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by Nobody: 2:04am On Sep 23, 2013
Ndipe:

Have you ever helped someone involved in a car accident?

corected - MODs pls corect d topic headn

Posta thou shalt not violate rule no 21 - violation attracts 21 days barn!
Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by Contactman(m): 3:53am On Sep 23, 2013
Op,kindly post this question in reverse,ask the police why they usually terrorise and scare away kind hearted Nigerians who help victims of road accidents. Fear of police stupid queries and probable detention is the major reason why Nigerians do not help accident victims. Even doctors are also trapped by the same fear. Without national assembly doing something in this regard, Nigerians will continue to avoid accident victims. So,post your big question to the police because Nigerians cannot render any act of kindness because of those bullies called police.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. by StellaBella(f): 5:31am On Sep 23, 2013
Nigerians need to learn CPR!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. / / Abuja - Things To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.