Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,093 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

- Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / (6331 Views)

Air Mishap Averted On Ilorin-lagos Route / BA Does Not Accept Credit Card Payment From Nigerians? Another Racist Attitude? / Your Experience On Klm To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 04, 2009
Re: by morpheus24: 2:13pm On Aug 04, 2009
simple answer

Don't fly them

It is obvious they are playing us for fools knowing we are desperate enought to follow their rules regardless.
Re: by Busybody2(f): 4:23pm On Aug 04, 2009
Good on them I say, perhaps when more Airlines and other companies start treating us the same way, we will sit up and stop our "its not in my backyard mentality" and start speaking up and seek for means to tackle the rabid decay that is spiralling out of control in every nook and cranny of that %&**^&* country previously known as the Giant of Africa" cool cool cool
Re: by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 04, 2009
Re: by noblegas2(m): 9:26pm On Aug 04, 2009
chaircover:

The question is what can we do? We have to get to & from Nigeria somehow.

I've flown with virtually all the airlines that ply the London Lagos route and in my opinion they are all the same with very poor customer service; If you boycott one, you will find that the others are as bad.

On my last trip back from Abuja on BA, the turbulence was terrible; It was such a bumpy ride and we had our seatbelts on for most of the trip. My son was terrified but not one word of reassurance from the captian or his co pilot.

Coke, Fanta and Water were the only drinks served on the flight. Even EasyJet has a better selection than that!
Would BA dare serve such a selection on its London to Manchester route? I dont think so.

Personally I think the Nigerian Government should impound a few of their planes and kick them out of Nigeria, to show these airlines that we mean business, but how will our Senators and other Govt officials attend their medical checkups at Harley Street?

I tire angry

Perhaps U shuld Fly EMIRATES or QATAR AIRWAYS, trust me u wuldnt want to fly any oda Airline again,
Re: by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 04, 2009
Re: by noblegas2(m): 10:04pm On Aug 04, 2009
chaircover:

I've flown Emirates, but only to Dubai on holiday. The service was excellent but remember this was a UK to Dubai flight and not a UK to Nigeria flight.

To fly Emirates to Nigeria I need to get on a 7 hour flight to Dubai first, then catch another flight from Dubai to Lagos and I dont really fancy that.

Besides I'm not really a fan of Gatwick.

Do Qatar Airlines fly from London to Lagos?

Yup, Qatar Airways Fly from London to Lagos only dat u ll av at 2 to 4 Hours transit at Doha Intl Aiport, I luv d Airline cuz twas ma first & av Flown it like 7 times now from Doha to Lagos & also a 5 star airline
Re: by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 04, 2009
Re: by noblegas2(m): 10:21pm On Aug 04, 2009
chaircover:

how many hours is it from Doha to LAgos? Im assuming its approx 7 hours from London to Doha

I hate flying so I try and get there by the shortest and quickest route wink

lol, its approximately 7 hours also 4rm Doha-Lagos
i also hate Flyin too, dats Y I even go by road 2 Dubai or anywer in d Gulf,
Re: by axeman85(m): 10:23pm On Aug 04, 2009
both klm and airfrance dont accept paymnts via internet now on the uk to lagos route you have to go to the office or airport to pay. 2wice i have flown with airfrance to naija and had to go and pay at the airport. manchester to be precise.
Re: by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 05, 2009
Re: by noblegas2(m): 7:55am On Aug 05, 2009
chaircover:

I cant believe that in these hard economic times, some companies are turning money down. Lets face it, how many of us have time to start faffing about with on line banking transfers or going to the bank to make over the counter transfers.

Both airlines already have financial issues and are reporting losses in profit.

I cant believe Air France even have any passengers left after the crash a few months ago; they should be happy for any passengers they get. This is the main reason I don't ever fly bellview even if they gave me a free ticket and I am put in first class. I still have memories of seeing that plane embedded in the ground in Lisa.

Next year they will both go bust and wonder where they went wrong . . . . well this is a good example of killing mosquitoes with a machine gun.

There are checks that can make to see if a credit/debit card is valid, but they just cant be bothered to do it.

Our Government should stop both airlines from flying to Nigeria.

dont mind them, my only Pity is for KLM, a wold class airline now loosin Billions of Dollars, dats why i Like ITALIA & SWISS AIR, as soon as dey discovered dat dey cant Maintain the Online payment for the Lagos Route, dey had to stop Comin to Lagos, other Airlines too have emulated dem, i.e AIR INDIA and so on, it shows der incompetency in d Aviation Area.
Re: by justwise(m): 10:03am On Aug 05, 2009
@chaircover

I just checked for u said now, its true but not just Nigerians only, Ghana, Mali as well. But if u are going to a place like Zambia u can pay by credit or debit.

This is sad to be honest
Re: by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 06, 2009
Please stop ranting juh.
If it's too stressful for you to do bank transfers then tell your NIGERIAN kinsmen to stop yahoo yahoo.
It is not by force to fly them. Fly another airline. End of tori.
Re: by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 06, 2009
Re: by londoner: 1:35pm On Aug 06, 2009
look, we should all be directing more anger at the few nigerians who are responsible for people feeling none of us are to be trusted.

Is it KLM alone, what about Ebay or even western union?

Face it, if you were doing business with a Nigerian would you not think twice about it if it involves money which is not cash? As sad as it is, I would not feel easy until I had recieved the money knowing how some Nigerians behave. I did say some.

Nigerians should no longer fly these airlines, but also start speaking up to those in our midst who we know full well are responsible for our decayed reputation. We all are feeling the effect, whether its the cautious look when you tell someone you are Nigerian or the reluctance to accept credit card payments or do business with you.

We honest Nigerians have sat back and let these thieves and crooks hijack our identity for far too long.

Lets face the real root of this. It begins in our own back yard.
Re: by MrCrackles(m): 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2009
To hell with KLM and the remaining Nigerian fraudsters! angry
If KLM no gree fly una and you cant be fuc.ked doing a bank transfer, fly another airline or call the Nigerian Govt to get Nigeria Airways back up! grin
Re: by justwise(m): 2:42pm On Aug 06, 2009
This is not just Nigerians alone, i think the whole WEST African Countries, i tried Ghana and Mali as well still the same prob, then i tried Zambia there was no prob paying with card.

We need to stop supporting these crinimals around us, decent Nigerians are paying for their crime, i'm really gutted
Re: by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:45pm On Aug 06, 2009
Good on them I say, perhaps when more Airlines and other companies start treating us the same way, we will sit up and stop our "its not in my backyard mentality" and start speaking up and seek for means to tackle the rabid decay that is spiralling out of control in every nook and cranny of that %&**^&* country previously known as the Giant of Africa" Cool

Agreed.

abeg keep this mess only in the uK o, dont let them do the same for us in the States tongue
Re: by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:02pm On Aug 06, 2009
lol when someone made a thread on whether or not you'd report someone you know committing fraud, you all laughed and said you'd just make the person give you a cut yada yada

Now that the consequences are hitting the "innocent", it's no longer funny huh
Re: by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2009
KLM??
Is that an airline?
Psssshhh!
KLM and other airlines can kiss my raw behind.

I've flown BA all my life and i've never had a single quanta with them.
The only other airline i've tried is American Airline but they didn't quite measure up.
Re: by GEW: 3:48pm On Aug 06, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

lol when someone made a thread on whether or not you'd report someone you know committing fraud, you all laughed and said you'd just make the person give you a cut yada yada

Now that the consequences are hitting the "innocent", it's no longer funny huh
karma, i think say someone don marry you go hide you for house. i have not seen you recently.

i have said this for the last 2 yrs becos ba started this nonsence but you cant blame them cos they said every 10 cards they accept 4 - 6 are fraud case. so what do you expect them to do? BA dont even accept $100 bills on board now thanks to our people. i used to wonder why our people spend so much money buying things on board until i was told most are using fake notes.

it is easy to blame these airlines but they are in business.

it is our something for nothing culture we need to start questioning seriously.

anyway good to see u
Re: by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 06, 2009
Re: by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:57pm On Aug 06, 2009
calm down and take a joke, chair. Obviously it was tongue in cheek

Still find it funny that I was being called names when I said I would report anyone I know committing crime even it if were my offspring, now these "pro faudsters" people are feeling the consequences

I dont see it happening here anytime soon. havent you heard? We love to sue! tongue
Re: by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 06, 2009
Re: by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 06, 2009
chaircover, it appears you've taken my comments the wrong way. What a shame!
Yes, I know of the story about BA evicting Nigerians off their plane and i think i also read of your experience with BA although i did not leave a comment.

Listen, you can't blame these people for acting the way they are. How do you expect these pple to relate to us if our own Govt are mendacious and disregard us.

Secondly, BA is regarded as the best airline in the world so you would excuse me for making the initial comment PLUS i haven't had a bad experience with them before.
Infact, i do not know of any airline that would allow a passenger to purchase a ticket and board a flight within/before 3 hours of departure. . . . .  This happened to my mum 2 months ago.
There are a few other reasons i could give but i hope you see and understand my reason for talking down on KLM and their latest plan.

Only recently i found that it is impossible to book a flight online for someone else if the owner of the payment details isn't flying as well.

Yahoo yahoo boys don kill us finish.
Re: by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:15pm On Aug 06, 2009
best airline by who?
Re: by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 06, 2009
British Airways
Best Airline : Transatlantic
Best Cabin Staff - Western Europe

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Awards_2009/Result_Summary.htm

don't tell me you didn't see it cos i know you are in the habit of not seeing things.
Re: by spikedcylinder: 5:26pm On Aug 06, 2009
Wait a min, how are yahoo people defrauding airlines? Do they like fraudulently buy the tickets and re-sell?
How on earth do they make money that way?
Re: by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 06, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Wait a min, how are yahoo people defrauding airlines? Do they like fraudulently buy the tickets and re-sell?
How on earth do they make money that way?

I'd explain the process, but to be on the safe side, I'll let OMO IBO explain it to you.

@Post
KLM? Shouldnt they be trying to attract customers?
I thought the airline was already bankrupted and closed down because of its its crappy service
Re: by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 06, 2009
Re: by spikedcylinder: 5:33pm On Aug 06, 2009
Yea, I get that they can clone payment cards and buy tickets with them but what do they proceed to do with the tickets?
Correct me if I'm wrong but are these tickets not personalised upon purchase?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. / Geoffrey Onyeama: FG Co-Ordinating To Take Nigerians Out Of Ukraine / I Need List Of Overseas Universities Accepting Nigerian Bsc Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.