Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Pictures Of University Libraries - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pictures Of University Libraries (6132 Views)

Photos Of University Of Ilorin / Opinion: Top 5 Nigerias Most Beautiful University Libraries / 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by SugaryBelle(f): 8:30am On Sep 23, 2013
Wow,classic libraries. Nigerian uni libraries are wack,example is what the Abia State University call a library,it looks more like an archive to me,the most recent books you can find there where writen in 18th century and i'm not exagerrating.
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 23, 2013
onyinye03: I agree that they are way ahead of us, but I fail to see how we all insulting nd running ourselves down will help anything. Its not as if we'll get scholarships for insultin nigeria... My humble advice is that we stop complaining bout the things we don't have nd make the best of wat we have. Yes we hav horribble libraries etc, but don't let it be an excuse for us to fail. As we work with the little we have God will see us and grow us.... When it is our turn to rule Nigeria, we'll do better by God's grace
_

This poster is a classic example of what is wrong with nigeria. Relax on your arsee and waot for god to fix your fhuck up, while also having a sense of entitlement.

"Turn to rule" my foot!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by onyinye03(f): 8:35am On Sep 23, 2013
SimonAndal:
_

This poster is a classic example of what is wrong with nigeria. Relax on your arsee and waot for god to fix your fhuck up, while also having a sense of entitlement.

calm down.... Insults are not needed.... Since ur wats right with the country pls go and build the libraries and repair Nigeria smiley
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 23, 2013
onyinye03: calm down.... Insults are not needed.... Since ur wats right with the country pls go and build the libraries and repair Nigeria smiley
You don't get it. There is no solution to the Shiit this country is in... It's a doom kingdom. If you don't want to see it crashing, better take to your heels when you have the chance. And stop being optimistic, it makes it worse.
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by onyinye03(f): 8:44am On Sep 23, 2013
If we as nigerians can't even have civil discussions without insulting each other I don't see how we'll expect things to just magically be perfect. Its not just "the government" we the people need to adopt a better attitude.. Its my humble opinion.... If u feel the need to insult me, fine. Jst know its not how the ppl who built theses structures tht we're all marvellin at behave.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by onyinye03(f): 8:48am On Sep 23, 2013
adeaugustus:
You don't get it. There is no solution to the Shiit this country is in... It's a doom kingdom. If you don't want to see it crashing, better take to your heels when you have the chance. And stop being optimistic, it makes it worse.
believing the worst doesn't make it any better, there were times wen america was much more backward than we are. We can't throw Nigeria away can we? Let's make the best of the little we have. At least we're not refugees or in sudan.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 23, 2013
onyinye03: If we as nigerians can't even have civil discussions without insulting each other I don't see how we'll expect things to just magically be perfect. Its not just "the government" we the people need to adopt a better attitude.. Its my humble opinion.... If u feel the need to insult me, fine. Jst know its not how the ppl who built theses structures tht we're all marvellin at behave.
Sorry, if you feel insulted, but I don't think I have insulted you in any manner.
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 23, 2013
onyinye03: believing the worst doesn't make it any better, there were times wen america was much more backward than we are. We can't throw Nigeria away can we? Let's make the best of the little we have. At least we're not refugees or in sudan.
Yeah, I can, and already did.
Comparing Nigeria to Sudan is sickening.
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Princeparix(m): 8:51am On Sep 23, 2013
SugaryBelle: Wow,classic libraries. Nigerian uni libraries are wack,example is what the Abia State University call a library,it looks more like an archive to me,the most recent books you can find there where writen in 18th century and i'm not exagerrating.
y u d yab d skul nah. Ehyaaa
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by onyinye03(f): 8:58am On Sep 23, 2013
All am saying is that we're just breeding anger in our hearts. Its not 2day that Nigeria turned into what it is. So instead of throwin curses @ the country or @ mr.government we shud focus on making the best of wat we have. Most of us can't travel abroad yet. So since we're stuck here, I advice that we stop this blame game nd move on to sumthing else, being pessimistic won't allow us see anything gud to work at...
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by onyinye03(f): 9:00am On Sep 23, 2013
adeaugustus:
Yeah, I can, and already did.
Comparing Nigeria to Sudan is sickening.
well goodluck, I pray you can leave nigeria nd I pray the country u go to will accept u as one of their own smiley
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 24, 2013
Well Sha...they are Fine gan..they tried

Am a die hard Nigerian...I know we'll get there 1 day...
not too long vision 2020 sha doe...
when America was 53 years..i don't think they had Libraries n classrooms of Such Standard..
all those European Countries had been existing 500 years back...even the Americans n Canadians of today were descendants of Europeans...
Who av been existing like forever...
U can't just expect Somebody to come out n start vomiting good roads..money n schools..
It all started little by little ni
Just be Patient

When America was been built
The Builders didn't have themselves in mind they built so their Children could enjoy it....
They didn't relocate back to England when the depression..the war..the poverty n strife was too much then...now their descendants are enjoying n those great men can never be forgotten..

Don't blame Nigeria blame ur Ancesdants who refused to thrive till the Europeans had to enslave n fix Civilization into their palm wine filled Craniums or av u forgotten u were once Savages or is it because now u are on Nairaland

Y'all don wanna build u juz wanna use use sit sit n complain like ur ancestors...Like complaining gon solve shit.. like i always say if ure tired of Naija please park n let the builders build

We would get there...

N
before anybody menshuns S.A please don't cos if u remove the Europeans there never was a South Africa

Juz a Buncha primitive bushmen
The Likes of the rest of South Africa

Nigeria Is Great...
We Are Blessed
We'll get there 1 day
maybe in a Sixth of America's 400 years existence

Thankz
No comments please

Just read twice n start building that Nigeria Of Ur dreams in Ur own way

quote n comment negatively please if u ar demented n Joblezz

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 24, 2013

When the US and Europe and Asia and Australia did theirs, there was no guidelines. They suffered to get where they are now. They've borne the brunt of development so that WE DON'T HAVE TO BEAR IT. All Nigeria has to do is do what they did. We don't have to re-invent the wheel, only build it from the schematics of those that already did. But do we want to do that? NO! Capital NO!

So don't tell me America wasn't built in a day, and therefore there's nothing wrong with the state of the nation.
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by timwezzb(m): 5:33pm On Sep 24, 2013
Abeg Who POST this thing Cause now my BP done rich 99.9%........
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Fynestboi: 7:41pm On Sep 24, 2013
Waiting to see the picture of NIGERIA uni library...
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 24, 2013
Who becomes the "WE" ...when all the we wants to have a Share of the Ambrosial National Cake..Rain Insults on Poor Nigeria n Abscond

The We always talk Of Nigeria
n
Fail to See that other Countries Have their Own Problems n been there is A Problem...
They do not want to Strive hard n build their Home..
They fail to see beyond
They look Upon all as one
A Visionary Leader Is seen as a Tyrant
Insults n Discouragements rain from all Sides

Believe Me That Throne Is Cursed Except we change the way We look n Feel about things

Yes Our Leaders Av Failed Us
But not all
There are Those who av braced Up n wielded the reins of Power to wipe Out this Pestilence

But no good thing Comes Easy
To Build takes time

All We Just av To do is Build build build
Av Faith..Work n Hope
That more people like Us would embrace the Light Of Transparency n abandon the Shelters Of Corruption that has been their Refuge 4 So Long
n Develop A Positive Mindset n help the Few Leaders Who are Out for a Change by Spreading Insightful comments n not make them feel like Failures because They are Trying
Building A New Nation on 1 that was built on bribery N az thrived on Corruption for Nearly 60 years in just a Short While

Until we Set our hearts n our Selves on a Right path
Then we would embrace atlast that Which has eluded Us

A Great Man once Said

Plant Thy Feet Right n Stand Firm

I av planted my feet in my home n I'll build it as I Stand Firm

Where else can U plant Ur feets ?? ??

How can U say that we are finished when we've barely just begun...
Out Of The Way Of The Land Of My Dreams

I am The Nation..I am proud of It...

We Are The Nation....
Be Proud Of It.....
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Aladelokun: 11:09pm On Sep 24, 2013
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by onyinye03(f): 9:48pm On Sep 25, 2013
God bless u smiley
Chikeziehosan: Who becomes the "WE" ...when all the we wants to have a Share of the Ambrosial National Cake..Rain Insults on Poor Nigeria n Abscond

The We always talk Of Nigeria
n
Fail to See that other Countries Have their Own Problems n been there is A Problem...
They do not want to Strive hard n build their Home..
They fail to see beyond
They look Upon all as one
A Visionary Leader Is seen as a Tyrant
Insults n Discouragements rain from all Sides

Believe Me That Throne Is Cursed Except we change the way We look n Feel about things

Yes Our Leaders Av Failed Us
But not all
There are Those who av braced Up n wielded the reins of Power to wipe Out this Pestilence

But no good thing Comes Easy
To Build takes time

All We Just av To do is Build build build
Av Faith..Work n Hope
That more people like Us would embrace the Light Of Transparency n abandon the Shelters Of Corruption that has been their Refuge 4 So Long
n Develop A Positive Mindset n help the Few Leaders Who are Out for a Change by Spreading Insightful comments n not make them feel like Failures because They are Trying
Building A New Nation on 1 that was built on bribery N az thrived on Corruption for Nearly 60 years in just a Short While

Until we Set our hearts n our Selves on a Right path
Then we would embrace atlast that Which has eluded Us

A Great Man once Said

Plant Thy Feet Right n Stand Firm

I av planted my feet in my home n I'll build it as I Stand Firm

Where else can U plant Ur feets ?? ??

How can U say that we are finished when we've barely just begun...
Out Of The Way Of The Land Of My Dreams

I am The Nation..I am proud of It...

We Are The Nation....
Be Proud Of It.....
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by ennon92(m): 9:15am On Sep 26, 2013
SimonAndal:
_

I believe she said d right thing...Nigeria Universities libraries re nothing to write home about.But we need not to compare it to d western counterparts cos u all knows dat most infrastructures in Nigeria re of lower standards compared to...even though there re needs for comparism, our libraries should be compared with dat of other African countries though we have d resources in building modern and well equipped libraries but our leaders will rather lavish d money frivolously.
Perhaps,we can take something out of nothing if n only if we can strive hard as an individual student to achieve our desired goals...Personally,I haven't stepped into my school library to make use of d library's resources right from time in which is not a barrier for me academically.
NB: THE JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES BEGINS WITH A STEP.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Vladm(m): 11:15am On Sep 26, 2013
ASUU make una con c una mate... Una go dey use strike destroy ppl future
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 26, 2013
onyinye03: God bless u smiley
thankz ma'am God bless u 2 n Nigeria
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by onyinye03(f): 9:01am On Sep 27, 2013
ennon92: I believe she said d right thing...Nigeria Universities libraries re nothing to write home about.But we need not to compare it to d western counterparts cos u all knows dat most infrastructures in Nigeria re of lower standards compared to...even though there re needs for comparism, our libraries should be compared with dat of other African countries though we have d resources in building modern and well equipped libraries but our leaders will rather lavish d money frivolously.
Perhaps,we can take something out of nothing if n only if we can strive hard as an individual student to achieve our desired goals...Personally,I haven't stepped into my school library to make use of d library's resources right from time in which is not a barrier for me academically.
NB: THE JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES BEGINS WITH A STEP.
God bless u smiley
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 06, 2013
This needs to be on front page angry
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Fynestboi: 4:27pm On Nov 06, 2013
masonkz: This needs to be on front page angry
yap but not until i see NIGERIA UNI LIBRARies.
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 06, 2013
Fynestboi: yap but not until i see NIGERIA UNI LIBRARies.

I think the thread was meant to be a wake up call to us. Or maybe what ASUU really needs to use the money they'll be getting from FG to do.
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Fynestboi: 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2013
masonkz:

I think the thread was meant to be a wake up call to us. Or maybe what ASUU really needs to use the money they'll be getting from FG to do.
so without any NIGERIA UNI LIBRARY how do you intend passing that across?
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by itstpia1: 4:53pm On Oct 12, 2014
CFCfan:
@OP: Those foreign libraries make Nigerian ones look like elementary school book shops shocked

true sha
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by itstpia1: 4:54pm On Oct 12, 2014
ennon92:
our libraries should be compared with dat of other African countries .

we cant even do that. . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by HouseOfBalloons(f): 6:46pm On Oct 12, 2014
this comparison is unfair. Nigerian universities' budgets are just a tiny fraction of the budget of these schools u just mentioned.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Applying For Yabatech Hnd Online Made Easy / OMG!!! The Author Of This Book Should Be Sent To Jail.. (photo) / Imagine! Slay Queen Pictured In Class Preparing For Exam In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.