Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,446 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Anambra 2013: Confusion Over Alleged Monetary Gift To Catholic Priests - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra 2013: Confusion Over Alleged Monetary Gift To Catholic Priests (1321 Views)

4 Priests Beaten To Pulp As Enugu Govt Battles Anglican Church / Confusion Over 'death' Of Abu Qaqa 11 / Tribune Reporter's Confusion Over Identity Of Tinubu's Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra 2013: Confusion Over Alleged Monetary Gift To Catholic Priests by Manchidede(m): 12:34am On Sep 22, 2013
Ahead of the November 13 governorship election in Anambra State, the rumour of financial inducement to Catholic priests to say Novena Masses for one of the candidates in the state has created confusion among the faithful and the priesthood.
It was gathered that a text message allegedly sent to Catholic priests in the state by unidentified people, asked them to pray for the ambition of a candidate, with the text saying that the priests should expect some stipends for their efforts, an effort seen as geared towards exploiting the massive influence of the Catholic Church in the state.
The alleged message, which had incensed the Anambra Catholic clergy and others was said to have read thus in part: “Dear parish priests, you are directed to offer nine Sunday masses (beginning this Sunday) for (name withheld), a governorship candidate. Please check your letter boxes at information desk from Monday next week for the stipend. Fin Admin.”
But the Director of Communications of Onitsha Archdiocese, Reverend Father Pius Uko, in a reaction to the allegation, said it was a rumour, saying it was not true that priests received such request and offer.
Father Uko said he was sure that he and the priests working with him did not receive any such text message.
He said: “I have not received any text message or money. Here in my house, I leave with five priests and none among then has received any text message or money. In my office where I have three priests, none of us received any money or text message. I do not think it is true but for all I know, I am not aware of that.”
However, a priest from Awka Catholic Diocese was quoted to have said “We are supposed to be an unbiased umpire. Our duty is to pin point the areas where things are not going well and advice our leaders. We are not supposed to be partisan at all. Most of us turned down the offer because of the experience of 2010 where some of us abdicated their duties for vain glory.”
In a related development, Awka the Anambra State capital was agog on Saturday when the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate for the governorship election, Mr. Tony Nwoye was led into the state capital by national leaders of the PDP.
Nwoye and his entourage were received by a large crowd of supporters and well-wishers at a reception reception they said marked the end of crisis in their party.
Nwoye told the large gathering that “the days of the reign of Governor Peter Obi’s All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) in the state is over and gone,” and expressed support for President Goodluck Jonathan, his administration and vision.
According to Nwoye, “Anambra remains a PDP state and the PDP has now come to retake it for the party,” saying “We have seen eight years of Mr. Peter Obi’s administration and every one can see that it is a colossal failure. He now wants one of his boys to replace him so that the misrule and maladministration can continue.”

source: http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/22188-anambra-2013-confusion-over-alleged-monetary-gift-to-catholic-priests.html

updates @ http://..com/
Re: Anambra 2013: Confusion Over Alleged Monetary Gift To Catholic Priests by dacrystal01(m): 12:39am On Sep 22, 2013
Hmmmmmm. Na wa oh
Re: Anambra 2013: Confusion Over Alleged Monetary Gift To Catholic Priests by bilo1(m): 1:06am On Sep 22, 2013
anyhow
Re: Anambra 2013: Confusion Over Alleged Monetary Gift To Catholic Priests by fagbalex(m): 1:11am On Sep 22, 2013
well!!!!!! God almighty is in control, he's the only one that knows who is worshiping him. May God almighty save us from those that want to dent our image.
Re: Anambra 2013: Confusion Over Alleged Monetary Gift To Catholic Priests by BrokenTV: 8:46am On Sep 22, 2013
I am tired November 16th should just come and go make person rest 4rom this their wahala.
Re: Anambra 2013: Confusion Over Alleged Monetary Gift To Catholic Priests by homesteady(m): 9:02am On Sep 22, 2013
Broken TV: I am tired November 16th should just come and go make person rest 4rom this their wahala.

Me2 the thing tire me oh!!
Everyday anambra! anambra! Abeg the election should come and pass
Re: Anambra 2013: Confusion Over Alleged Monetary Gift To Catholic Priests by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 22, 2013
If catholic church were to be the only church in the world, I'd rather be an atheist 'cos I ain't worshipping those idols undecided

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2013: Confusion Over Alleged Monetary Gift To Catholic Priests by Manchidede(m): 1:51am On Sep 23, 2013
Idi Amin: If catholic church were to be the only church in the world, I'd rather be an atheist 'cos I ain't worshipping those idols undecided

watch ur word
Re: Anambra 2013: Confusion Over Alleged Monetary Gift To Catholic Priests by biafranqueen: 4:00am On Sep 23, 2013
What about the N 64 million that Ifeanyi Uba handed over to the Bishiop Alex of Awka http://www.informationng.com/2013/05/ifeanyi-uba-donates-n5m-to-church.html
Why pretend we don't know who did it undecided
Re: Anambra 2013: Confusion Over Alleged Monetary Gift To Catholic Priests by kossylator: 6:59am On Sep 23, 2013
Manchidede: Ahead of the November 13 governorship election in Anambra State, the rumour of financial inducement to Catholic priests to say Novena Masses for one of the candidates in the state has created confusion among the faithful and the priesthood.
It was gathered that a text message allegedly sent to Catholic priests in the state by unidentified people, asked them to pray for the ambition of a candidate, with the text saying that the priests should expect some stipends for their efforts, an effort seen as geared towards exploiting the massive influence of the Catholic Church in the state.
.html

updates @ http://..com/
Dis Nwoye of a man no gt sense oh,he wants to win d election for PDP nt even to serve the pple of anambra.
Re: Anambra 2013: Confusion Over Alleged Monetary Gift To Catholic Priests by kossylator: 7:01am On Sep 23, 2013
biafranqueen: What about the N 64 million that Ifeanyi Uba handed over to the Bishiop Alex of Awka http://www.informationng.com/2013/05/ifeanyi-uba-donates-n5m-to-church.html
Broda u are right,d church single handedly riged d 2010 governorship election in favour of Obi
Re: Anambra 2013: Confusion Over Alleged Monetary Gift To Catholic Priests by ik4life: 7:23am On Sep 23, 2013
biafranqueen: What about the N 64 million that Ifeanyi Uba handed over to the Bishiop Alex of Awka http://www.informationng.com/2013/05/ifeanyi-uba-donates-n5m-to-church.html
you jump from one thread to another accusing ifeanyi ubah of doing this and doing that,from the link you produced he donated 5million but you wrote 64million just for the simple purpose of scoring cheap political point on nairaland and painting him black.ifeanyi ubah is not even a catholic but an anglican so how can he bribe catholic priest?,If you want to find the person that bribed the priest you don't need to look far because we know the person who introduced religious politic in anambra state and who uses anambra money to do bonanza the person his the saint at awka

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2013: Confusion Over Alleged Monetary Gift To Catholic Priests by Youngzedd(m): 8:27am On Sep 23, 2013
God knows the truth.

My intake is that our priests should withdraw from political affairs.

They shouldn't tell the church who to vote for period. And also shouldn't allow those candidates to do campaign inside the church.

God bless Anambra.
God bless federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: Anambra 2013: Confusion Over Alleged Monetary Gift To Catholic Priests by biafranqueen: 3:09pm On Sep 23, 2013
ik4life: you jump from one thread to another accusing ifeanyi ubah of doing this and doing that,from the link you produced he donated 5million but you wrote 64million just for the simple purpose of scoring cheap political point on nairaland and painting him black.ifeanyi ubah is not even a catholic but an anglican so how can he bribe catholic priest?,If you want to find the person that bribed the priest you don't need to look far because we know the person who introduced religious politic in anambra state and who uses anambra money to do bonanza the person his the saint at awka
Biko Biko mind yourself go and read the entire article before vomiting insults to me the 5million was to an Angelican church he donated 64million to Catholic Priest. Please be very careful before commenting he was bragging everywhere about it, you people with excuse that it is too long to read just embarrassing urself embarassed
Re: Anambra 2013: Confusion Over Alleged Monetary Gift To Catholic Priests by ik4life: 3:31pm On Sep 23, 2013
biafranqueen: Biko Biko mind yourself go and read the entire article before vomiting insults to me the 5million was to an Angelican church he donated 64million to Catholic Priest. Please be very careful before commenting he was bragging everywhere about it, you people with excuse that it is too long to read just embarrassing urself embarassed
in as much I will not like to be throwing tantrums with a girl in a public forum,your desperation to link ifeanyi ubah to every bad news emanating from anambra state is becoming very glaring so I advice you stop this your deceitful antics because no amount of falsehood you peddle here on nairaland will stop him becoming the next governor if it is the wish of God
Re: Anambra 2013: Confusion Over Alleged Monetary Gift To Catholic Priests by biafranqueen: 10:00pm On Sep 23, 2013
ik4life: in as much I will not like to be throwing tantrums with a girl in a public forum,your desperation to link ifeanyi ubah to every bad news emanating from anambra state is becoming very glaring so I advice you stop this your deceitful antics because no amount of falsehood you peddle here on nairaland will stop him becoming the next governor if it is the wish of God
grin grin This is an interview that he sat down an bragged about now I Biafran Queen linked him undecided So God wants all the leaders to keep stealing from us okay I get it It is Gods fault that those terrorist are busy in the North killing people. Even it is Gods fault what happen in Kenya. I really don't understand how you guys see God so it is Gods fault that the whole of Nigeria is underdeveloped not the leaders or the people
Re: Anambra 2013: Confusion Over Alleged Monetary Gift To Catholic Priests by Nigerianmovie(m): 10:12pm On Sep 23, 2013
Idi Amin: If catholic church were to be the only church in the world, I'd rather be an atheist 'cos I ain't worshipping those idols undecided

what is the correlation between the issue at hand and ur post? U have just exposed ur stupidity. Try to get some Brain before Christmas.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2013: Confusion Over Alleged Monetary Gift To Catholic Priests by Sunofgod(m): 10:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
They've probably already knocked out 1000 hail mary's - priest love money!

(1) (Reply)

The Sorry State Of Toilet In Nigeria Embassy In Malaysia / National Conference Will Create Disunity– Kwankwaso / Two Survivors From Agagu Crash 'abandoned' At Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.