Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,588 members, 7,840,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant (31546 Views)

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up / Help-how Do I Tell My Daughter That The Man She Calls Daddy Is Her Stepfather (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by bukatyne(f): 4:41pm On Sep 23, 2013
nbright: What about mothers?, shouldn't they exhibit the qualities of a good/virtuous mother too?.

I believe my post addressed it.

To answer your question, yes they must.

bukatyne: It is not enough to teach them, our lives must portray what we are teaching them.

The relationship between parents also goes a very long way to impart these kids. Imagine a family where the husband beats his wife or cheats on her still teaching his females about self esteem. undecided

Some parents might never teach their kids on 'self esteem' but their lifestyle is enough to fill the girls up for the rest of their lives.
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by nbright: 4:58pm On Sep 23, 2013
bukatyne:

I believe my post addressed it.

To answer your question, yes they must.

Your post was kind of one sided... But thank you all the same
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by bukatyne(f): 5:00pm On Sep 23, 2013
nbright: Your post was kind of one sided... But thank you all the same

My apologies it sounded one-sided.

Both parties have to bring their best to the table always.
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 23, 2013
come why is the op ephasicing on women to men
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by 2sizzlin(m): 5:24pm On Sep 23, 2013
If get to have one. I will teach her how to ball (like balling not soccer ooo ). How to play it cool when police comes to act stupid. How to use an AK with one hand. How to train a rottweiler.

Finally...............................................................................................................................How to smoke weed cigawit grin grin

Abeg mek una help me check. Shey wetin I write get meaning
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 23, 2013
50calibre:

Is that so! So you wouldn't have problems providing for your family, while your husband babysits the kids at home?

You wouldn't have problems fixing the car, while your husband cooks or takes care of himself?
Why would I have a problem with that?? I'm a strong believer in individuality. I am not asking that we switch (the society defined) roles. I'm just asking that I am not constrained to do things because I'm a girl. My mum was the one that fixed things around the house, I grew up not knowing it was supposedly a man's job.

If I earn enough and my husband wants to stay home with the kids, why in God's name will I refuse that??

2 Likes

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 23, 2013
Nice1 op.
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by HerexG(m): 5:39pm On Sep 23, 2013
Above all train her with the right knowledge of God, that's does it all.

3 Likes

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Raypawer(m): 5:57pm On Sep 23, 2013
ok [url]google.com[/url]
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by creativemusic: 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2013
good grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Olamira(f): 6:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
What abt been HOMELY N FAITHFUL?
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by okechukwu2013: 6:33pm On Sep 23, 2013
Lesson to my daugther; only choose friends who thinks and believe in things you have been raised to accept cos one bad girl friend is enough to erase all I have spent 14 years to inculcate. Try not to join the band wagon always be your own person

1 Like

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 23, 2013
What about to take care of her body? ,personal hygiene and all that ,many young girls are not taught how to wash their vagina.s for example
@topic,I agree with every points ,nice one

1 Like

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by teephat(f): 6:41pm On Sep 23, 2013
Tinkybabe: Hmm..word!
enuf for d wise
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by omeiza1979(m): 6:44pm On Sep 23, 2013
Quite interesting.bookmarked 4my daughter(s).
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by tete7000(m): 6:51pm On Sep 23, 2013
50calibre:

The bolded is a myth. Anybody can believe whatever they like, no woman is equal to a man, no woman!
I totally agree with you. I must add that I equally don't believe every profession is for women. Why would a woman wants to be on rig days unending in the midst of randy men to prove she is equal to men. I want to rather teach my own daughter using the words of St. Paul that '... Though I can do all things but not all things are permissible for me'. I want to teach my daughter to cherish her being a woman, carry herself around with grace and dignity and allow herself to be pampered. She should pray for wisdom and make friend with godly men who understand her worth and will treat her with respect just like her father treats her mother. Charity begins at home; she is not in competition with men as secular feminist world wants to make her believe.

4 Likes

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Olaone1: 7:03pm On Sep 23, 2013
BabaAlabi: Teach her not to think every relationship is about money!! To date a Naija girl these days is like dating a prostitute.
I tell ya
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2013
tete7000:
I totally agree with you. I must add that I equally don't believe every profession is for women. Why would a woman wants to be on rig days unending in the midst of randy men to prove she is equal to men. I want to rather teach my own daughter using the words of St. Paul that '... Though I can do all things but not all things are permissible for me'. I want to teach my daughter to cherish her being a woman, carry herself around with grace and dignity and allow herself to be pampered. She should pray for wisdom and make friend with godly men who understand her worth and will treat her with respect just like her father treats her mother. Charity begins at home; she is not in competition with men as secular feminist world wants to make her believe.

Please do not reproduce, save the world from your offspring.

1 Like

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Jbluv55(m): 7:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
zeelo2014: Will they listen? Most naija girls all what they know is: Give me! Give me!! Dash me! Dash me!! Pls I need you assistance! What can you do for me! I need ! I need!! Don't be stingy!
They always want to be a receiver at all times,not caring what they can offer.
They claim the weaker sex when it favours them the next second they're screaming 'what a man can do a woman can do better' !

I feel you broda, and I guess that is one of the reasons why Jidegirl is advocating that these ideals be taught to them from a young age.
Some parents r getting it so wrong by over-pampering their daughters I shud say.....thus if a girl has always bin used to getting what she wants just because she's a girl, you can't expect her behavior to change much when she's grown.
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by tete7000(m): 7:44pm On Sep 23, 2013
Wu Zetian:

Whatever you do in your life, please do not reproduce. Save the world from your offspring.
It is clear you have a deranged mind and can't understand anything noble and good

3 Likes

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by kingsleyMbang(m): 7:45pm On Sep 23, 2013
shocked grin cheesy Don't teach ur daughter 2 hav sex when she is ready, rather she can do so when she is properly married.

1 Like

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 23, 2013
tete7000:
It is clear you have a deranged mind and can't understand anything noble and good
It is clear that you are a product of a chauvinistic background, the world can't handle anymore simpletons. Die quickly and the world would be a better place.
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by tete7000(m): 7:56pm On Sep 23, 2013
Wu Zetian:
It is clear that you are a product of a chauvinistic background, the world can't handle anymore simpletons. Die quickly and the world would be a better place.
I can have a glimpse into a home where you grew up. I empathize with you, your inability to undrstand where I am coming from is well understood. Sorry I joined issue with you.

1 Like

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Jbluv55(m): 8:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
BabaAlabi: Teach her not to think every relationship is about money!! To date a Naija girl these days is like dating a prostitute.

True word! Imagine that a number of the good guys help sponsor a girl to school with the aim of probably settling down with her. He denies himself the 'goodies' of life just to prove his undying love only for the girl, who probably is now abt to finish her studies, to remember that the guy uses an old fashioned Honda(or doesn't even hav a car yet) + so many other flimsy excuses and thus the reason she can no longer settle down with him and you all know the rest of the story........ (*seems like prostitution to me*).
Which brings me to the question: isn't love part of what parents shud teach their children?. Cos am guessing that some parents teach their children smartness more than they teach love.
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2013
tete7000:
I can accept I grew up in a sexist home. I pity myself, my inability to understand you is because I am too stup1d to understand the concept of equality. Sorry, I will go kill myself now.
Good boy!
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]nice work...ah have learnt 4rm it
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Piro4rl(m): 8:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
gud tips
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by tete7000(m): 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2013
Wu Zetian:
I have further proved I am a cheat and I am demonic
Well done!!!
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by AnodaIT(m): 8:19pm On Sep 23, 2013
teeo: They should be taught how not to open their legs to men easily. grin
no need to open the legs , just roll over , show me ur asz and i will open it myself

1 Like

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by 50calibre(m): 8:26pm On Sep 23, 2013
Wu Zetian:
Why would I have a problem with that?? I'm a strong believer in individuality. I am not asking that we switch (the society defined) roles. I'm just asking that I am not constrained to do things because I'm a girl. My mum was the one that fixed things around the house, I grew up not knowing it was supposedly a man's job.

If I earn enough and my husband wants to stay home with the kids, why in God's name will I refuse that??

Ok then! May you get what you wish for

4 Likes

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by tete7000(m): 8:33pm On Sep 23, 2013
50calibre:

Ok then! May you get what you wish for
1 million likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) / When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? / Happy Mothers Day, Come Share Your Mums Pic Celebrating Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.