Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams (22648 Views)

MEND Threatens To Bomb Mosques & Assasinate Imams / Christian Homes Burnt By Muslim Mobs In Pakistan / Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by EejaNla01(m): 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2013
DJDOLA: Well am a muslim and I swear wit my life that d quran I read and understand d word in it does not support killing non-muslim I swear...people just kill in d name of what I don't understand....and for u guys dat said islam does not preach love HABA islam do preach love....if islam does not preach love people will not convert 2 d religion dat preach hate na
nt only that, no non muslim would remain on earth if it preaches that.

1 Like

Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by pmc01(m): 6:40pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sagamite:

What a mooron!

So I should depend on someone's interpretation of the Quran, not the translation. grin

You idiocy and self-delusion knows no boundaries! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sincerely, you need a thorough brain check. Is the translation not someone's effort at letting your kinds read what is in the Qur'an? In case you still don't get it, the Qur'an was not revealed in English language and it definitely didn't translate itself.

I am really sorry about your case, I wish I could help. undecided
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by kemika: 6:58pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sagamite: I was about to say "Finally! About time. After years of it being due, we are finally getting there" but then I decided to check something first and I decided not to say it anymore.

All these guys are Western-influence imams. Hardly representative of the main problems and highly ignorable.

Sheikh Abu Eesa Niamatullah - A UK-born and raised Pakistani. Still lives in the UK.

Mufti Ismail Menk - Zimbabwe-born and raised Indian who now lives in South Africa.

Sheikh Yaser Birjas - A Kuwait-born Palestine who has lived in the US since 2000.

Gary Larocque - A white convert to Islam.

Sheikh Yahya Adel Ibrahim - A Canadian-born and raised Egytian who now lives in Australia.

Hardly the people that would make meaningful change. All are raised or based in places where Muslims are a minority.

This is an example of one of the numerous problems I keep on alluding to when I say something is wrong with the Islamic religion.

Illogical and cultic!

Unfortunately, these problems cannot be changed because it is strongly woven in the doctrine and culture. Only conscience, civilisation or just plain domination over others would make some Muslims stop the violence because it is sooooooooo easy to find justification for killing others like chicken in the religion.

It is not the religion of peace!

I dare say VERY FEW PROMINENT Imams in a majority Muslim country can or will condemn these kinds: of evil actions because a significant proportion of the populace would see it as siding with the enemy: Kaffirs!

"Support you brothers even when they are wrong?" ............Houston, we have a problem!

exactly! For instance let our prominent imams e.g of each state in this country and the federal capital ,,hold a meeting live on national tv and radio and each of them should denounce the Boko Haram sect! Is that difficult?
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by kemika: 6:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sagamite: I was about to say "Finally! About time. After years of it being due, we are finally getting there" but then I decided to check something first and I decided not to say it anymore.

All these guys are Western-influence imams. Hardly representative of the main problems and highly ignorable.

Sheikh Abu Eesa Niamatullah - A UK-born and raised Pakistani. Still lives in the UK.

Mufti Ismail Menk - Zimbabwe-born and raised Indian who now lives in South Africa.

Sheikh Yaser Birjas - A Kuwait-born Palestine who has lived in the US since 2000.

Gary Larocque - A white convert to Islam.

Sheikh Yahya Adel Ibrahim - A Canadian-born and raised Egytian who now lives in Australia.

Hardly the people that would make meaningful change. All are raised or based in places where Muslims are a minority.

This is an example of one of the numerous problems I keep on alluding to when I say something is wrong with the Islamic religion.

Illogical and cultic!

Unfortunately, these problems cannot be changed because it is strongly woven in the doctrine and culture. Only conscience, civilisation or just plain domination over others would make some Muslims stop the violence because it is sooooooooo easy to find justification for killing others like chicken in the religion.

It is not the religion of peace!

I dare say VERY FEW PROMINENT Imams in a majority Muslim country can or will condemn these kinds of evil actions because a significant proportion of the populace would see it as siding with the enemy: Kaffirs!

"Support you brothers even when they are wrong?" ............Houston, we have a problem!
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by MOSSADII(m): 7:00pm On Sep 23, 2013
But they claim to be fighting for musilims and Allah!!
deols: I could not understand the need to keep using the word, Muslim in their tweets as if they were doing us a favour. They were hoping for our understanding or solidarity or what?

They are most probably high on delusions.

I am just tired of having to say it again and again that they are not fighting for Muslims and what they are doing has no basis in Islam.

Even Muslims are affected.

I pray for world peace. I pray for the victims. I pray for the Muslims who would face the repercussion of this because of all the 'coded' terrorists living among us.

God help us.
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
This post is undergoing repairs
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by Policewoman(f): 7:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
I used to view islam objectively, but recent actions have made me think otherwise. It is hard these days to seperate islam from terrorism and barbaric slaughter of innocent people.
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by joseph1832(m): 7:02pm On Sep 23, 2013
- Sheikh Yaser Birjas

In Islam we are told to support our brothers in right and wrong.

Illuminating!
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by MOSSADII(m): 7:09pm On Sep 23, 2013
Now whom to believe? They claim to be fighting and kill for Allah and Musilims!! Then what are you talking?
deols:

Let us help you out of your ignorance, omo Sagamu.

To start with, The prophet preached for 13 good years before he fought anyone. Most of those who accepted Islam were attracted by his GOoD Behaviour. Even before he became a prophet, he was known as the trustworthy.

when he brought the message his people were tormented, their property confiscated, etc.

They had to leave their own land(makkah), seeking assylum elsewhere. They went to Yathrib(Ethiopia) and finally settled in Madinnah.

While in Maddinah, they became a sovereignty as Madinnah was a land without a ruler and its people were divided among tribes. with the prophet's arrival, the people accepted him as their leader and the Islamic rule started there.

The idolators at makka just could not stand the growth and went ahead to fight a battle with the prophet. As a sovereign entity, it was only normal that they would protect themswlves. So they took up arms against the invaders.

Note that, they did not fight while under the pagan rulw in makkah nor did they start the fight in madinnah.

Rules of engagement in Islam include that -

*You do not start the agression.
*you do not harm women and children nor innocent civilians
*you do not destroy farm produce and animals
*you treat the prisoners of war right.(some prisoners were set free on the condition that they teach 10 muslims to read and write)
**etc

so it is wrong for any group of Muslim, not under a rule nor as a government to take up arms against anybody

this is why boko haram and alshabab etc cannot be representing Islam nor Muslims. You cant say the same of hamas though.

so with regards that particular battle, you will see verses urging them to fight. and at other times verses teaching them patience..

read about the treaty of hudaibiyya and see patience as practices by the prophet. Leadership by example too.
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2013
@muslim that swore with his life. dont do that. swear only by Allah if you it is absolutely necessary to swear at all. nothing else is permissible to swear by.

@policewoman; there is no way you have ever looked at islam, objectively, but only subjectively. where you come from, islam is still a rarity. and what you think you know about islam is from a distance view futher than arm length. you have never put the Quran side by side and read the poor translation of the translator with you made up atheism. or the uniform that makes you a policewoman doesnt have 1] a tailor that sewn it together with label that identifies you as a police officer instead of lastma or soldier? 2] didnt some authority designate your uniform and your job with some 'work' amounting to why you are known as policewoman?

@all; blame the evil doers and blame those who keep silent as if encouraging the evil deeds. Quran is clear and if it was an evil book or the religion it represents is evil or the foremost person [SA] in the religion was evil, there is no way converts will be trooping into it. even a score of those who were born into it would have abandoned the tradition and enter what is better than it, except there is no substitute for perfection the reason i am in it.
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by Olaone1: 7:35pm On Sep 23, 2013
.deleted tongue
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by OAM(m): 7:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
Shyeikul islam1: To be sincere as a muslim when i see posts relating to terrorism i hate to read it because i know they are referring to a group of people

Its true all Muslims are not terrorist but all Terrorists are mostly Muslims! Its a shame why its like that! I feel bad for all Muslims!
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by pankere(m): 7:47pm On Sep 23, 2013
They keep saying "its not about religon" "those terrorists are not muslims" but deep down you all know that is just a big lie you tell to divert focus from the fact that these killers have always made it crystal clear that are MUSLIMS and they kill in the name of Islam. And if i may ask,why are these killers thriving and claiming only this religion if not that -as hard as u try to hide the fact-its tenets and teachings supports such?
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by Mintayo(m): 7:49pm On Sep 23, 2013
joseph1832:
- Sheikh Yaser Birjas

In Islam we are told to support our brothers in right and wrong.

Illuminating!
illuminating indeed,very illuminating!
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by maclatunji: 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2013
OAM:

Its true all Muslims are not terrorist but all Terrorists are mostly Muslims! Its a shame why its like that! I feel bad for all Muslims!

Simply not true.

Take example of the United States. View page http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/05/muslims-only-carried-out-2-5-percent-of-terrorist-attacks-on-u-s-soil-between-1970-and-2012.html
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by gidjah(m): 7:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
religion of peace indeed! I sometimes wonder if we all know d TRUE meaning of PEACE abi na Latin word again? ?!. I grew up in d far north, all my life I hv neva come across any islamic preacher in a crusade speaking good abt other religion particularly christianity,speaking evil or anoda religion, castigations of various kinds, public insults, name dem. that's wt they do in most of their so- called crusades & dats wot move d pple out to come, islam hasn't bin helping d world peace for a long time now, terrorism n killings of all kind can seriously be associated with islam world wide,.. first it was iran, then mali, na wetin? if every other religion pick up arms just like dey r all doing, I dnt think ds earth will even contain us all.DS IS D SAME TROUBLE WE R GOIN TRU IN NIG, NOT POLITICS, Our prob is islamic religion via our nothern brothers & not PDP ABI ACN OR POLITICS OUR MARRIAGE ISNT EVEN WORKING. GOD BLS CHRISTIANITY WORLD WIDE.kip killing, WE SHALL KIP MULTIPLYING.
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by Olaone1: 8:02pm On Sep 23, 2013
Seriously though, when will Nigerians/Africans stop swallowing this religious guff from the Middle East?

Ban me; up to you cheesy
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by knuckbuck(m): 8:13pm On Sep 23, 2013
maclatunji:

Simply not true.

Take example of the United States. View page http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/05/muslims-only-carried-out-2-5-percent-of-terrorist-attacks-on-u-s-soil-between-1970-and-2012.html

This report has been thoroughly thrashed and found to be completely wrong. Come on now, come up with something better to support your argument.
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by Olaone1: 8:25pm On Sep 23, 2013
It is very hard for me to defend Western countries because they have done a lot of harm to many countries around the world. And, this issue is more political than religious right now. I understand the so-called terrorists and I understand what they want.

We all know it's worse in Palestine yet Nairalanders don't comment with so much empathy and Western media don't give it as much coverage.

But, it is wrong for some Muslim NLanders to attempt to dissociate Islam from the issue.

Yes, it is political but it's religious undertone cannot be overlooked.

(Hear the 'terrorists') read this:

After discovering the advertising producer was French, the men began to plead with her claiming that they were not monsters and that the Muslim faith ‘was not a bad one’.

‘He told me I had to change my religion to Islam and said “do you forgive us? Do you forgive us?’, Pauline told The Independent.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2430044/Kenyan-Mall-gunmen-gave-2-children-Mars-bars-sparing-lives.html#ixzz2fkFns8Sf
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by imauri: 8:42pm On Sep 23, 2013
it is painful, easy to want to hate... easy to want to push ones self to hate even more.. enough to strike back if possible but the only problem is this question.....WHO ARE WE TO JUDGE ANYONE? not all christians are born again or have clean hearts, so not all muslims are extremist......I AM Catholic...... and i know that i have no right to judge all muslims because of the actions of a few dead men..... 80% of those who commented on this are quick to judge them muslims for the sins of a few... forgetting that all sins are equal well guess what... if u sin(friday night clubbing, highness, and sex with ur different girls or the girls sleeping with the highest bidder as is the norm in nigeria), U ARE NO DIFFERENT FROM THOSE WHO JUST COMMITTED THIS CRIME i am not righteous hence i make mistakes and i understand it is not in my place to judge anyone under any condition.... so before u start being so judgemental and generalise muslims... exam and cross exam ur selves... deeply and see if any of u is worth judging a cold wet stone first.. i carry my own so... u speak rubbish... lol i will respond INKIND...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Prophet Muhammad in the Bible / Is It Proper For Couples To Break Their Fast With Sex? / Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Sighting Of Crescent, declares Friday Eid-ul-fitr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.