Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,934 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams (22641 Views)

MEND Threatens To Bomb Mosques & Assasinate Imams / Christian Homes Burnt By Muslim Mobs In Pakistan / Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by leggo: 4:21pm On Sep 23, 2013
deols:

Have you apologised for 'Nigerians being 419ners?'

have you apologised for the MEND

and kidnappers

and bank robbers

and

polithifcians?

dont you think you should take responsibility and apologise for the actions of these NIGERIANS?

some of you will have to admit that your IQs are LOW.
pls stop talking..you are comparing fraud to cold bloooded murder?

4 Likes

Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by Badosqi(m): 4:24pm On Sep 23, 2013
deols:

and kidnappers

and bank robbers

and

polithifcians?

dont you think you should take responsibility and apologise for the actions of these NIGERIANS?

What are u sayin...We are talkin abt islamic extremist and u are talkin abt fraudsters

1 Like

Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by Lordlexyy: 4:25pm On Sep 23, 2013
deols:

Did you see anyone apologising? No Muslim has to apologise for this. I don't like that this happens. I am sad that it does but I owe no one apology for what I am not a part of.

Even the president of Ghana made it clear it is not a matter of religion.

It is a vicious circle, I am afraid.
Heartless! An attempt to save face. Keep fooling yourself. Those guys are the true practitional of the intent of islam. Is there end to this atrocities, the answer is no. The only near solution is to uproot islamic extrimists like you who are bent on destruction.
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by AbuMikey(m): 4:27pm On Sep 23, 2013
deols:

and kidnappers

and bank robbers

and

polithifcians?

We've apologized!!
MEND, and other militants,we've apologized, **ASARI DOKUNBO**
Kidnappers and robbers,we've never claimed they are not christians,even though we know some of them are muslims.
Politithiefcians,Do you realize you just made a foolery of yourself by outlining politicians on this

When you and I know,most of the political thieves in Nigeria are "Islamized" politicians! Oh,I forgot, your IQ is reading in Negative.

Last Question,all those you mentioned,did they ever claim they were doing whatever they did for christianity!

3 Likes

Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by Psylas(m): 4:31pm On Sep 23, 2013
Jenams: JAMB QUESTION!

(1) A certain religion breeds terrorists/terrorism.

A. Christianity
B. African religion
C. Buddhism
D. Islam
E. None of the Above.
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by deols(f): 4:33pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sagamite:

Lets address the ignorance issue.

Are you saying there are no justifications for these actions in the Quran, the Hadith or the examples set by Mohammed?

If so, please lecture us on how these guys were wrong, according to Islam.

Let us help you out of your ignorance, omo Sagamu.

To start with, The prophet preached for 13 good years before he fought anyone. Most of those who accepted Islam were attracted by his GOoD Behaviour. Even before he became a prophet, he was known as the trustworthy.

when he brought the message his people were tormented, their property confiscated, etc.

They had to leave their own land(makkah), seeking assylum elsewhere. They went to Yathrib(Ethiopia) and finally settled in Madinnah.

While in Maddinah, they became a sovereignty as Madinnah was a land without a ruler and its people were divided among tribes. with the prophet's arrival, the people accepted him as their leader and the Islamic rule started there.

The idolators at makka just could not stand the growth and went ahead to fight a battle with the prophet. As a sovereign entity, it was only normal that they would protect themswlves. So they took up arms against the invaders.

Note that, they did not fight while under the pagan rulw in makkah nor did they start the fight in madinnah.

Rules of engagement in Islam include that -

*You do not start the agression.
*you do not harm women and children nor innocent civilians
*you do not destroy farm produce and animals
*you treat the prisoners of war right.(some prisoners were set free on the condition that they teach 10 muslims to read and write)
**etc

so it is wrong for any group of Muslim, not under a rule nor as a government to take up arms against anybody

this is why boko haram and alshabab etc cannot be representing Islam nor Muslims. You cant say the same of hamas though.

so with regards that particular battle, you will see verses urging them to fight. and at other times verses teaching them patience..

read about the treaty of hudaibiyya and see patience as practices by the prophet. Leadership by example too.

8 Likes

Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by sino(m): 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sagamite:

Their actions are not against the Islamic tenets.
Says who? you?
Sagamite:
You will find the justification for their actions in the religion. It is just a matter of which side of it you read and the interpretation you choose.
Yeah, it depends on the interpretation you give, coupled with your selfish desires and out of context understanding
Sagamite:
The Quran tells you in one part to do good on an issue and the same Quran in other parts tell you to do bad on similar issue.

These Imams have chosen the good, the terrorist have chosen the bad.

Who is right when the Quran is unquestionable?
You would have to provide references where the Qur'an tells one to do bad.
These Imams have spoken the truth about the Islamic stand on this issue, if you choose to believe the terrorist, then you can only have yourself to blame for your ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 23, 2013
am talkin:
D. Islam
Make i know why i go fail this kind cheap question

NOTE: I hate it when people ask question that they knw the answer
ermmm actually, the MODs will get bak to u on dis one! They hav the power to say weda u pass or fail. Hehehe (runs out of thread b4 MODs catch me here)

1 Like

Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by deols(f): 4:37pm On Sep 23, 2013
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by deols(f): 4:37pm On Sep 23, 2013
[quote author=Psylas][/quote]

Even if the kaaba is destroyed, Muslims would still pray, facing its position. The kaaba is only a building, it can fall but Allah is the creator of the heavens and the earth. He is ever living.

I know that there is so much ignorance about Islam.

Judgement day is real sha.

4 Likes

Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by philip0906(m): 4:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
deols:

and kidnappers

and bank robbers

and

polithifcians?

Wow. . .You were almost smart,but the musilimu instinct in you just smacked the smartness midway. Hecka no,
Bank Robbers-what group and interest do they represent + whats the motivating factor?who should apologise and why?
Fraudsters-what group and interest do they represent + whats the motivating factor?who should apologise and why?
Terrorists-Islam is the basis of their actions.

2 Likes

Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by adebayosun02: 4:40pm On Sep 23, 2013
@Op, all of you guys are potential terrorist, stop deceiving the world with your deceptive write-ups. Am sure by God grace ur hiding agenda will not come to light on earth
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by Lordlexyy: 4:40pm On Sep 23, 2013
deols:

There were Muslims in the mall and there are always Muslims killed when these strikes happen.

Also Muslim businesses, etc
Where you there to affirm that muslims were among the casulties? Or haven't you heard the jihadist separated the muslims from the non muslims b4 they carried their attack? To think you are woman is disgusting. Your attempt is to paint islam in a good light and obviously you are trying to justify the heinous act in a civilised way. I don't care even if i get banned, because it is obvious that islam and their satanic practices remains the only worst thing that has even to us on this earth.

3 Likes

Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by Sagamite(m): 4:40pm On Sep 23, 2013
super_sun: I feel very sad each time Islam is coined a 'Religion of Violence'. When in fact it preaches peace. Sometimes I feel the violence is brought forward by poverty which paves way for 'Brain washing' and an eventual radicalism. May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

You don't know your facts.

Islam does not preach peace, it preaches conditional antagonism.

https://www.nairaland.com/1056647/religion-against-humanity-wole-soyinka/14#12401210
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by Mobsync(m): 4:40pm On Sep 23, 2013
richP: when you kill 100 xtians . y wont they be interested in you.
joseph kony that stopped attending church when he was 15?

I can see that you've jumped to the defensive- denying Kony. That's how we also feel when you attribute terrorists to us (muslims).

People kill because they want to, they kill because they can and not because they're of a particular religion or tribe.

1 Like

Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by Sagamite(m): 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2013
deols:

Let us help you out of your ignorance, omo Sagamu.

To start with, The prophet preached for 13 good years before he fought anyone. Most of those who accepted Islam were attracted by his GOoD Behaviour. Even before he became a prophet, he was known as the trustworthy.

when he brought the message his people were tormented, their property confiscated, etc.

They had to leave their own land(makkah), seeking assylum elsewhere. They went to Yathrib(Ethiopia) and finally settled in Madinnah.

While in Maddinah, they became a sovereignty as Madinnah was a land without a ruler and its people were divided among tribes. with the prophet's arrival, the people accepted him as their leader and the Islamic rule started there.

The idolators at makka just could not stand the growth and went ahead to fight a battle with the prophet. As a sovereign entity, it was only normal that they would protect themswlves. So they took up arms against the invaders.

Note that, they did not fight while under the pagan rulw in makkah nor did they start the fight in madinnah.

You are talking crap!

Don't think you can use moronic stories to deflect me.

I asked a simple question:

Are you saying there are no justifications for these actions in the Quran, the Hadith or the examples set by Mohammed?

Don't ever think I am the type you can use referring to one section of the Quran saying A about something to hide that another section of Islam said B about the same thing. I did not go to your kindergarten.

In the kindergarten I went to, we watched cartoons, drank milk and ate corn flakes. Not garri, pap and kewu.

deols:
Rules of engagement in Islam include that -

*You do not start the agression.
*you do not harm women and children nor innocent civilians
*you do not destroy farm produce and animals
*you treat the prisoners of war right.(some prisoners were set free on the condition that they teach 10 muslims to read and write)
**etc

so it is wrong for any group of Muslim, not under a rule nor as a government to take up arms against anybody

this is why boko haram and alshabab etc cannot be representing Islam nor Muslims. You cant say the same of hamas though.

You are even confirming some of it.

And what if you judge someone else has started the aggression like these Al-Shabaab have interpreted it? So they are justified to kill. grin

What is the women and children are un-believers? Are you saying Mohammed himself did not order the killing of inno?

Are you saying Mohammed himself did not order the killing and torture of captured prisoners of war?

So he made the laws but at the same showed you how to break it and have justifications in the law for breaking it?

3 Likes

Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by philip0906(m): 4:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
Mobsync:

I can see that you've jumped to the defensive- denying Kony. That's how we also feel when you attribute terrorists to us (muslims).

People kill because they want to, they kill because they can and not because they're of a particular religion or tribe.

Not so fast "smarty", you became mute after i showed you the wiki link. . .For your reading pleasure and please don't forget to reply when you are done reading
[size=18pt] "Kony proclaims himself the spokesperson of God and a spirit medium, and has been considered by some as a cult of personality, and claims he is visited by a multinational host of 13 spirits, including a Chinese phantom.[2] Ideologically, the group is a syncretic mix of mysticism, Acholi nationalism, Islam, and Christian fundamentalism,[8] and claims to be establishing a theocratic state based on the Ten Commandments and local Acholi tradition.[/size]"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Kony
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by sino(m): 4:47pm On Sep 23, 2013
lorretta u: Actually,I was going by what they were saying.
Since they say it's against muslim ideology,then we accept that it is against it.

So following that logic,since it's against what they preach,then why haven't they done something about?
Now if they can't show anything to prove that they stand against these terrorists,then it puts paid to the assertion that they support terrorism! Full stop
Afterall many countries have a budget to fight terrorism.
How many muslim countries actually spend their money on fighting islamic extremists.?
If there's a strict law in muslim countries giving serious penalty for any attack on other religious sects,then I'm sure by now terrorism won't be this bad.
All they do is condemn when the killings have been done.

But when they go for worship or teaching,they don't preach love for other people

Now I havnt insulted anybody's religion,but I think the truth is glaring!
Which truth are you talking about? the fact that innocent women and children are/were continuously killed in Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine etc. what did you do about that? did you ever cared?

Have you been to a Muslim gathering before? have you attended a Muslim public lecture before? no? then how do you know we don't preach love? do you know it's against the teachings of Islam to kill animals just for sport?

Please try and learn a little about Islam before making your conclusion and do not base your opinion what you watch on cable tv.

2 Likes

Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by Samunique(m): 4:50pm On Sep 23, 2013
teeo:

What is deep in the fact that a man opens a verse of the book he calls Holy and reads a passage and the next thing he does if is to take up arms against an unprotected person? Killing a man God has not judge only because he doesn't know the name of the mother of your prophet is barbaric and such a religion should be questioned. Christians are not perfect but they wont kill for religion.
I think for muslims to save Islam from this shameful act, they av to go beyond talking and condemning.

Something is wrong foundermentally !
Though it will be very unfair to tag all muslims as bad and terrorists, we av so many good muslims.

But the question is, why are all terrorists muslims ?

Why do they always associate their terror acts with Islam? (am not saying this to insult Islam) ok?

Now, it's very clear that something is wrong somewhere! So muslims leaders must stand and do something about it, if they are sincere enough in their stance to defend the innocency of islam in this case, because these evil people are bring islam to disrepute.

2 Likes

Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by deols(f): 4:51pm On Sep 23, 2013
philip0906:
Wow. . .You were almost smart,but the musilimu instinct in you just smacked the smartness midway. Hecka no,
Bank Robbers-what group and interest do they represent + whats the motivating factor?who should apologise and why?
Fraudsters-what group and interest do they represent + whats the motivating factor?who should apologise and why?
Terrorists-Islam is the basis of their actions.

The reason you think Islam is the factor is, you have failes to reason beyond your nose. Islam is used to gain empathy.

it is much more political and economic. The need for power too. If you look into the origin, you will find little Islam.

If anyone wants me to apologise because I am a Muslim, they should be ready to apologise on behalf of Nigerians for all the atrocities Nigerians commit. If you can not reason that out, I can help you no more.

3 Likes

Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by adebayosun02: 4:57pm On Sep 23, 2013
sino:
Which truth are you talking about? the fact that innocent women and children are/were continuously killed in Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine etc. what did you do about that? did you ever cared?

Have you been to a Muslim gathering before? have you attended a Muslim public lecture before? no? then how do you know we don't preach love? do you know it's against the teachings of Islam to kill animals just for sport?

Please try and learn a little about Islam before making your conclusion and do not base your opinion what you watch on cable tv.

Bro WE need not learn anything abt ur violence fill religion cos am pleased with peace loving circle we belong to!!!
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by Sagamite(m): 5:00pm On Sep 23, 2013
deols:

The reason you think Islam is the factor is, you have failes to reason beyond your nose. Islam is used to gain empathy.

it is much more political and economic. The need for power too. If you look into the origin, you will find little Islam.

If anyone wants me to apologise because I am a Muslim, they should be ready to apologise on behalf of Nigerians for all the atrocities Nigerians commit. If you can not reason that out, I can help you no more.

Really?

Since you are speaking from far from your nose, right down to the back and out of your arsse, so are you telling us people of other faiths do not want power or have no political or economic agenda?

So how come it is usually Muslims that use barbaric murder to express their political and economic agenda if "that is what it is about" and it has nothing to do with the religion?

There is something in the water they drink or the kebab they eat?

Stop chatting crap! It is RELIGION!

3 Likes

Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by hybeenoni: 5:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
[quote author=Nonybb]To all those imams and muslim scholars: U CAN NEVER BE MORE ISLAMIC THAN THE ARAB. As soon as u get this info and not delete it, the better the truth and reality are exposed to

In as mch as I feel bad and angry at these devils callin themselves muslims, I think d wrong assumptions of sm pple dt d Arabs r more Islamic such doubts shud b deletd coz no race or pple is greater than d oda. The best pple in d sight of allah r d most pious. Wish allah's judgement wil descend on these devil nd blood suckin vampires immediately
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by adebayosun02: 5:08pm On Sep 23, 2013
sino:

Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by deols(f): 5:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
Samunique: I think for muslims to save Islam from this shameful act, they av to go beyond talking and condemning.

Something is wrong foundermentally !
Though it will be very unfair to tag all muslims as bad and terrorists, we av so many good muslims.

But the question is, why are all terrorists muslims ?

Why do they always associate their terror acts with Islam? (am not saying they are fighting for islam) ok?

Now, it's very clear that something is wrong somewhere! So muslims leaders must stand and do something about it, if they are sincere enough in their stance to defend the innocency of islam in this case, because these evil people are bring islam to disrepute.

Why do you care so much about the religion they proclaim? Is it not ok to say terrorism is bad?

I dont even want to go on in explaining how some governments of the world are known terrorists.

I cannot help u all to reason beyond what you think you know of. I know I dont have the patience to go on and on like this is a kindergaten.
Re: Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams by Mintayo(m): 5:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
deols:

and kidnappers

and bank robbers

and

polithifcians?

i cant believe i am reading this,as in seriously? So you are actually making excuses for those ANIMALs who slaughtered innocent souls indiscriminately?
D fact that we v mend,does that justify the killings of ppl having fun in a mall?
Does that justify the fact that BH r slaughtering ppl in Nigeria?
It is a pity and you are talking like this as a woman,did u watch any of those live videos at all?
May allah forgive you o.
#what i see you people doin is that u guys are defending ur religion,and in doing that u dnt see anything bad in what those guys did,if u all continue to defend ur religion then d killings and slaughtering will not stop,for crying out loud,you dnt v to defend d truth,if what u believe is a LIE,dt is when u will start defending it by forcing ppl to blieve it violently!
I cnt believe some ppl still like tht ur post...spits!
# u guys are really showing us that it doesnt matter who get killed as long as we v dem converted?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Prophet Muhammad in the Bible / Is It Proper For Couples To Break Their Fast With Sex? / Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Sighting Of Crescent, declares Friday Eid-ul-fitr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.