Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! (16279 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by cutieemperor007: 12:04am On Sep 24, 2013
Adrenaline123:
You hate nigeria eeh, probably because of corrupton, boko haram, etc. But let me put it hook line and sinker to you that there is no country out there without problem, it might be on
security- yes nigeria is facing a hard time here with security but have you taken time to study other countries like syria, pakistan, afghanistan, somalia, iraq, iran, North and South Korea, kenya, mali, even the America where somebody will wake up and pull the trigger on a school. Think about it.
Environmentally- you are in nigeria just witnessing only floods and erosion, study asia; china, japan when you see heavy cyclone, tsunami, strong whirl wind storm that can lift cars, tornados destoying every where. In USA we have mighty forest fires, snow storm that can cover houses, hurricanes, In south america we have earth quakes and tsunamis.
Economically- maybe you have seen people travel overseas and on coming back they spread money, now the question is do you know what they are doing to survive, some wash toilets, cars some work in old peoples home, park dirts while some are drug dealers some engage in very bad or despicable acts just because of petty money which is of high value when compared to nigerian.
Maybe you have not seen successful people in nigeria who started their toil in this country and today they are satisfied.
It may be abstruce or complicated to understand, just have a rethink and believe in your country, do not wait for the government to do something for you, its just for you to be focused and achieve something in life. In terms of development nigeria/africa will develope just a matter of time.

THANKS BRO, U SPOKE MY MIND, truely many country has its problems and maybe ours are just too much but we still have to always look at the bright side of it all,

I SWEAR TO GOD AND I WANT ALL NAIRALANDERS TO BE MY WITNESS THAT NO MATTER HOW BAD THESE COUNTRY GET I'M GOING TO MAKE IT BIG AND CLEAN,....I REALLY HOPE THESE COUNTRY GET BETTER, I SINCERLY HOPE I CAN TELL MY CHILDREN ONE DAY THAT "I'M A NIGERIA AND SO ARE MY FATHERS BEFORE ME"

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by fyneboi79(m): 12:48am On Sep 24, 2013
That's what seperates the "men from the boys".Men keep on fighting till its ok,boys simply throw in d towel.

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by pharmow: 2:59am On Sep 24, 2013
ɹɐǝʎ ʇsɐן ʇɟǝן ı ןıʇun sɐʍ ʎɹʇunoɔ ʇɐɥʇ ǝןqıɹɹǝʇ ʍoɥ ʍǝuʞ ɹǝʌǝu ı

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by 99cent: 3:02am On Sep 24, 2013
What is Nigeria? What we have as Nigeria is just a bunch of 160 million Africans living within an area. ex. You are Nigeria. You can choose to move to Togo or Cameroon or Kenya if you hate Nigeria so much. Will your life be better?
or move to somalia? Do you hate Nigeria or do you hate Africa? Where do u wish you live in? UK? USA? Kenya? Somalia? Congo? Sudan?
be more straightforward.
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by hrhobi1(m): 3:38am On Sep 24, 2013
oh boiy grab 1 lappy and bomb within a yea u will giv testimoney
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by sky4(m): 4:53am On Sep 24, 2013
Ebig22: if i say i'm not fed up with nigeria then i'm decieving myself.
i'm just frustrated that i can kill someone now.many problems in mylife and in nigeria.feel like i can make a coup.but i cnt.feel like changing nigeria and i cant.all this situation is making me to ask questions,
if God is not in nigeria,i mean if he is in other countries.?i mean cant God make everyone equal? can God change nigeria?m i still gonna make it? cause m loosing the enthusiasm i had as a child.i had a dream but its not coming to pass.
i wish i can leave nigeria for a better place.i wish God can make me rule nigeria.i wish i had someone who can help with my dreams.boko haram and their trouble,pipeline vandalism,unemployment,ASUU strike,poor health,corruption,foolishness,lazy generation.nigeria is just cursed.
men am tired in olamides voice.Bleep nigeria and its leaders.i dont know why i am a nigerian.i just hate nigeria.
nairalanders i just need a ray of hope but i cant see it.nothing is coming like i dreamt.
e go better my brother...
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by Funjosh(m): 5:31am On Sep 24, 2013
me i like Nigeria o.
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by trolling(m): 6:00am On Sep 24, 2013
Ayomax: I don't even knw where to start with my own Lamentations , I can tell you naija has frustrated me to an extend I broke down n cry but thk God for my family esp my mum, I don't believe naija can be a better place again
ur comment touch me,i no go liar, and the worse thing be say,its only gonna get worse.....Bible talk say darkness go cover the earth.....why is that? The love of man has waxed cold
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by unmask: 6:11am On Sep 24, 2013
cutieemperor007:

THANKS BRO, U SPOKE MY MIND, truely many country has its problems and maybe ours are just too much but we still have to always look at the bright side of it all,

I SWEAR TO GOD AND I WANT ALL NAIRALANDERS TO BE MY WITNESS THAT NO MATTER HOW BAD THESE COUNTRY GET I'M GOING TO MAKE IT BIG AND CLEAN,....I REALLY HOPE THESE COUNTRY GET BETTER, I SINCERLY HOPE I CAN TELL MY CHILDREN ONE DAY THAT "I'M A NIGERIA AND SO ARE MY FATHERS BEFORE ME"
that's what most of u still don't understand....... There is no bright side..... U can't make it without being corrupt..... Show me a Nigerian that isn't corrupt......

And please stop all these other countries have their problems mantra.... That someone has headache is not the same as someone with cancer.

Nigeria has a cancer.... In fact several cancers while developed nations have headaches....

And yes Nigerians sweep the roads abroad...... So? Why don't you try sweeping the road in Nigeria then see the difference.....

Nigeria is shitty and while you can get ur own part of the shit...... Don't deceive anyone or let anyone deceive you that it is going to get better

It remains survival of the most corrupt.....any other thing is plain fantasy

9 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by InvertedHammer: 6:15am On Sep 24, 2013
i'm just frustrated that i can kill someone now.many problems in mylife and in nigeria.feel like i can make a coup.but i cnt.feel like changing nigeria and i cant.all this situation is making me to ask questions,
if God is not in nigeria,i mean if he is in other countries.?i mean cant God make everyone equal? can God change nigeria?m i still gonna make it? cause m loosing the enthusiasm i had as a child.i had a dream but its not coming to pass.
i wish i can leave nigeria for a better place.i wish God can make me rule nigeria.i wish i had someone who can help with my dreams.boko haram and their trouble,pipeline vandalism,unemployment,ASUU strike,poor health,corruption,foolishness,lazy generation.nigeria is just cursed.
men am tired in olamides voice.Bleep nigeria and its leaders.i dont know why i am a nigerian.i just hate nigeria.
nairalanders i just need a ray of hope but i cant see it.nothing is coming like i dreamt.

[b]@OP: Your problem is that you are mentally lazy. Instead of killing someone, you should channel your frustration to appropriate place to earn some results. I guess you are hoping for easy handout. Typical Nigerian...not willing to sacrifice anything.

At your level of frustration, do you know how easy it is to make it in Nigeria? Especially now that you feel that you have nothing more to lose and the future gets dimmer as the days go by. How about this?

First thing tomorrow morning, take a nice shower, dress up and walk into Aso Rock and tell them that you are now the president of the country.

Two things will happen:

1) The security personnel will take you serious and take orders from you in which case you can build Nigeria of your dream. You will become a hero overnight. OR

2) The security personnel will beat the living be-Jesus out of you. This action will attract sympathy from nPDP, ACN and APC. They will embrace your ideology and make you their party chieftain overnight. You will be giving speeches in political rallies and sure be getting large chunk of the national cake. You will become a hero overnight.

It is a win-win situation. President vs. Party chieftain. Either way, you will hammer.

You see you could make better use of your frustration to better you life. Think outside the box.

By the way, my guy (the stow away kid) from Edo is now enjoying his own national cake. Who would have thought?

Use your brain. NO GAIN WITHOUT PAIN
![/b]

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by Nobody: 6:23am On Sep 24, 2013
tolextony: @OP

bros how nd wen.pm me
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 24, 2013
Naijamericana:

What did you study in university?
Do you have any bankable skills?
How old are you?
Are you married? Kids?
Where do you live?
If I offered to sponsor you to come to US what would you do?

i would be very happy.nd i will com.
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 24, 2013
Naijamericana:

How old are you?
Are you married? Kids?
Where do you live?
If I offered to sponsor you to come to US what would you do?

i would be very happy.nd i will come
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by tunwe(m): 7:02am On Sep 24, 2013
Nigeria is hard? Life is tough everywhere. Materiality is not the only essence of life. There are people who have much more than they ever need in life time, yet they are not happy. Life is much more than material endorments. Your sanity is worth much more than a pile of gold.killing someone will only magnify your problems.whether you are caught or not, your repercautions are immenent. In nature there is no debt that goes unpaid. Sooner than you think you will pay.my advise to you and others whom might be in your situation, is to compliment your educational engagements with practical learning engagements that are more marketable within and outside nigeria. Works like automobile-engine repairs, automatic-transmission and clutches repairs, wieldings, woodworks and carpentery etc,etc.Any time tested skills like these with your scholatic intellectual knowledge will propel you to self sufficiency and into the cutting-edge of the profession, especially if you are opportune to find yourself in a more favorable clime.
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by RCh9Jense: 7:17am On Sep 24, 2013
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 24, 2013
We've got bunch of motivational writers on Nairaland. The earlier you stop reading those Tom Clancy books, the earlier you realise that you're on the other side of the world.

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by Ivynwa(f): 7:47am On Sep 24, 2013
It can be very frustrating to have ones dream of getting a university certificate (to earn a living with) stalled by ASUU strike. It leaves one stagnant, real frustrating!
Poster I will advise that u don't fold your hands in lamentation. Just go into the street and hustle while waiting for the strike to be called off. Look for a job or develop a skill. You can succeed without a certificate, many millionaires in Nigeria did not attend universities. Determine to succeed, go out there and succeed just don't hurt anybody while u are it.
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by seangy4konji: 7:56am On Sep 24, 2013
@ OP...I can understand you..If someone tell you its gonna be better,trust me,that person has no good plan or wishes for you.You will rotten and die poor if you are not careful...I am faced with worse and wake up to swear before when I could not take it no more.I left illegal stuffs to study and graduated,I even served my fathers land from Ibadan to Maiduguri for a year earning 1 thousand naira as a teacher before coming back hoping to start somewhere with a salary and hope gradually things will change,nothing yet since 2010...I even finished skul 2008 but deh won't allow me to go till dat time(don't u tink I would be frustrated?)I don't v rich parent who has a family business or coin to loan me to start one,neither to I have uncles who I can run to,you can't go to your neighbours to get a loan so you have to do something yourself...my advice is dis,Get a laptop,get a modem,join the Poverty alleviation programm and bomb away,make sure you pray well so you see your own client,get a bank account and keep saving after paying bills to stay online and food.if it takes you a year to realise the money to run away?be patient and it can take you a month if you meet your own client,then good,if u make coins,think wisely before u say u want to invest it in Nigeria as ur fathers land because if the local scammers take that from you?it might take you another 6 years before u see a client give you money....Am a graduate and all my certs in at the bottom of my travelling bag which is just one with my passport and the little clothes I have and shoes and one annointing oil from church....I have managed to save my funds to 500k and still going to 1.5 million...before december,and then I will get a visa.be able to pay for accomodation and I will start a new life in a foreign land and forget this shithole...remember,get a laptop,modem,generator and join the Poverty alleviation Programme,d idiots telling u here that its gonna be better have no one kobo to give you...don't let it get too late wen u can't even afford indomie and egg like me cos you still start by drinking ogogoro,reading news papers everymorninf and finally turn into a nuisance in your community.Wise Up and bomb away!!!

5 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by Ivynwa(f): 7:58am On Sep 24, 2013
Ebig22:

i would be very happy.nd i will come

The person asked u what you can do? Don't dull, u never know who can help u. Think about the question very well and give a smart answer. What field are you in now? What do u hope to be in future. There are skills you can learn and succeed in. It mustn't be a degree from our Nigerian ASUU strike ridden universities. Wishing you success, may those dreams of yours come true after all.

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by seangy4konji: 8:00am On Sep 24, 2013
And remember to always put. God first!!!
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 24, 2013
"It is not so much the circumstance that we find ourselves in that help shape our destinies, it is rather our disposition." You can choose for yourself whether to sit down and get fed up and pull your hair out and cry and hate Nigeria, or just get up and be counted and stop complaining and try to change things. It's up to you, bro. Good luck!
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by waldigit: 8:47am On Sep 24, 2013
Timflex: @op when i say i understand ur plight i truly do..i wouldn't wana narrate my ordeal here..i had so many dreams growing up..but when i got into the real WORLD i noticed that things are not as we wish dem to be..i used to breakdown sometimes and cry and thought i was hopeless but i never gave up..i continued hussling and today i can say things are gradually falling in place..pay no heed to those who are blasting you,telling you to open a bussiness they think it's that easy, maybe they came from priviledged homes..i got one thing to tell you be strong,never give up.try to do your best at anything you find yourself doing...peace my bro

You people's problem is that because you are educated you can't bent down low and start from somewhere. All you need to start is idea. As long as you have that poverty mentality you will never start. On one building project I worked pple around were asking whether I am the supervising engineer or the bricklayer or the carpenter or the labourer.because it was difficult to differentiate me from other artisans. Tha was the way the Lord Jesus led the disciples.the lesson is humble yourself let the Lord himself exalt you.
You don't need anybody's money to start, get the idea start from anywhere-labourer, technician, agent, errand guy, then move on from there. A friend of mine who has 2:1 in economics once worked with me as labourer under bricklayer. The Lord has blessed him now with an employment.
All these nagging problem nigeria has is a gold mine for discerning mind.
Nigeria is a Great country.
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 24, 2013
gunners160: If mikel can score after 7 yrs of no goa.if Arsenal can reach d top of d epl table after 4yrs.if ameachi rotimi culd b called bck 2 pdp after being rejected.if barcelonia can lose ball possesion after 317 games.if mario balotelli can lose a penalty 4 d 1st time in is life dat man/woman holdin nigeria nd everybody in d village or aso rock must die dis year

Lol cheesy
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by Bome01(m): 9:52am On Sep 24, 2013
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by Bome01(m): 9:54am On Sep 24, 2013
With a state of mind like yours, you can't rule Nigeria. . . You can even kill? Mind you, you are not alone!
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by XwhY(m): 10:05am On Sep 24, 2013
I bet, there's great treasure in dis country waiting for u. U just need to think deep n act fast to claim yours.
Guy, people are still making it in Naija. Wisen up!
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by Yujin(m): 10:12am On Sep 24, 2013
waldigit :

You people's problem is that because you are educated you can't bent down low and start from somewhere. All you need to start is idea. As long as you have that poverty mentality you will never start. On one building project I worked pple around were asking whether I am the supervising engineer or the bricklayer or the carpenter or the labourer.because it was difficult to differentiate me from other artisans. Tha was the way the Lord Jesus led the disciples.the lesson is humble yourself let the Lord himself exalt you.
You don't need anybody's money to start, get the idea start from anywhere-labourer, technician, agent, errand guy, then move on from there. A friend of mine who has 2:1 in economics once worked with me as labourer under bricklayer. The Lord has blessed him now with an employment.
All these nagging problem nigeria has is a gold mine for discerning mind.
Nigeria is a Great country.
You wrote well until you type 'Nigeria is a Great country'. What is great about a fraud called Nigeria? A building with a foundational problem cannot be fixed by patching up the consequent cracks. The proper thing is to go back to the root and correct the anomaly. Putting it succintly, this Nigeria is on a faulty foundation; restructuring properly it will go a long way in validating that your statement. Until then, the suffering continues.
Adieu this Nigeria, adieu One Nigeria.
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 24, 2013
[quote author=Naijamericana]

How old are you?
Are you married? Kids?
Where do you live?
If I offered to sponsor you to come to US what would you do?[/quote
m 21 years old.
deep inside me i know i am very talented but the nigerian situation is not giving me hope.m single
i live in nigeria and i 'm a student
i would be very glad if u would help
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by IcekrimPaul007(m): 10:20am On Sep 24, 2013
guy na all man 4 himsef 4 naija o according to 2baba.... if dem tell u say e easy na setup so dont give up. wrk harder naija go beta.
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 24, 2013
how can i join the poverty alleviation programme
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by swiftycool(m): 10:24am On Sep 24, 2013
@Op I understand your frustrations. It is very easy for someone to write you off as an unserious, lazy or undetermined person. I want everyone to know that until you are uncomfortable with your present position, the chance to rise and make progress would elude you forever. Inasmuch as it is patriotic to always honour, respect and strive to succeed within your country, I cannot blame anyone who opts out of this straits because as we can see, the leaders do not give a hoot about you and the environment is not as friendly as we would have desired.

Today many youths are encouraged to learn trades, pick up carpentry, bricklaying, welding, farming etc as an option if you cannot get a job in you chosen feild or if your career direction seems to be hindered. inasmuch as this looks like a good idea, I have discovered many of our brightest and best brains fall out of what they were meant to be, thereby depriving the world of their inherent career talents in favour of looking for another means of sustenance.

Today, some of the would have been excellent surgeons who probably would have made a break through in their field ended up as shitty actors, just for the money, the Engineers who might have made Nigeria's 'real' first car or discovered a cheaper option to fuel might today be a barely above board trader just for the money, while the outspoken lawyer who would have solved problems for many ended up permanently as a not too good primary school teacher just to earn a living

Each of us had dream of a glorious career in life and goals to achieve them and if in a country like Naija through ASUU strikes, employment corruption, lack of connections, inadequate infrastructure, unfriendly environments etc forces you out of achieving that real dream and destiny you were created for hence having u end up as one doing anything just for money, my friend, u have failed!
My advice strive as much as possible but let it be towards that area of your dream and be sure to get back on track any time you fall out, my best advice to any Young promising graduate without opportunities for years to is leave this country if you can, there are many more countries that value and care for hard-working, focused and determined Nigerians more than its own bunch of useless leaders!

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 24, 2013
OP BETA HUNGER NEVA WIRE U NO GET TIME COMPLAIN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reasons Kids Are Tiny Drunk Adults / Moving Out From Parent's House- Your Experience! / How Do I Keep On Pushing With Nagging Relatives?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.