Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! (16278 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by alarm4: 11:41am On Sep 24, 2013
No Light
No security
all we hear is e go better....still e still dey worsen more....Nja@53
i dont hate the country......but i hate the so called Democracy party and wht so ever..there only there to loot Nja money
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by dasparrow: 12:38pm On Sep 24, 2013
@Post

I understand your frustration. I think that it is Nigerians who are the problem. The country is such a shyte hole because the people themselves are not good either. Most Nigerians are nasty, rude, greedy, lack human compassion, have the tear-them-down syndrome in them, are self-centered and only think about themselves. Nigeria is nothing without Nigerians because a country is not made up of just trees and soil. It is the people that make up the country we know as Nigeria that are the problem. Why is there corruption in Nigeria from top to bottom? It is because the average Nigerian is inherently corrupt. Why is there tribalism in Nigeria? It is because the average Nigerian is inherently tribalistic.

Go to any office in any of the ministries in Abuja and see the way most Nigerian civil servants treat people who come to their office for one thing or the other like crap. When it comes to employment, jobs are not given according to merit but rather according to the connections one has, what tribe one belongs to, what religion one belongs to, etc. I left my base in the USA to come and take part in the NYSC scheme. I also wanted to see if Nigeria has changed for the better. However, after almost a year here in Nigeria, I came to the realization that this is one country that I would not want to live in. Not even in old age. The average Nigerian is rude, knows nothing about customer service, only respects people he/she perceives to be rolling in money or is an 'oga at the top'.

Nigerians are quick to blame our leaders but I think that the Nigerian citizens are equally to blame. The citizens are only obsessed about marriage and how they can overpopulate the already overpopulated cesspit called Nigeria further. How can one have hope in a country like Nigeria where militants are sent abroad on full scholarship while law abiding citizens are languishing away due to incessant strikes? Common uninterrupted electricity, clean running tap water, good roads, good infrastructure, Nigerians cannot boost of in 2013. Is it any wonder why the country is in the mess that it is?

Even the reputation of Nigerians worldwide is in the gutter. Everywhere we go - from Africa to Europe to South and North America to Asia - people don't trust Nigerians. This is because many Nigerians misbehave in their host country because our people think that just the way anything goes in Nigeria is the way anything goes in other saner climes/countries. All I can suggest to you the OP is to see if you can save up money and then leave Nigeria or see if someone will be willing to marry you so that you can cross over to a more conducive nation or society. Nowhere in the world is perfect or easy but best believe that some countries are definitely better than others. When you start living in other nations even within the African continent, you will begin to realize just what a hell hole Nigeria indeed is.

All the best!

7 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by Chinwem(f): 1:20pm On Sep 24, 2013
^^^^ wow, you said it all!!!
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by sunnyeaglez73: 1:20pm On Sep 24, 2013
[quote
author=Adrenaline123]
You hate nigeria eeh, probably because of corrupton, boko haram, etc.
But let me put it hook line and sinker to you that there is no country
out there without problem, it might be on
security- yes nigeria is facing a hard time here with security but have
you taken time to study other countries like syria, pakistan,
afghanistan, somalia, iraq, iran, North and South Korea, kenya, mali,
even the America where somebody will wake up and pull the trigger on a
school. Think about it.
Environmentally- you are in nigeria just witnessing only floods and
erosion, study asia; china, japan when you see heavy cyclone, tsunami,
strong whirl wind storm that can lift cars, tornados destoying every
where. In USA we have mighty forest fires, snow storm that can cover
houses, hurricanes, In south america we have earth quakes and tsunamis.
Economically- maybe you have seen people travel overseas and on coming
back they spread money, now the question is do you know what they are
doing to survive, some wash toilets, cars some work in old peoples home,
park dirts while some are drug dealers some engage in very bad or
despicable acts just because of petty money which is of high value when
compared to nigerian.
Maybe you have not seen successful people in nigeria who started their
toil in this country and today they are satisfied.
It may be abstruce or complicated to understand, just have a rethink and
believe in your country, do not wait for the government to do something
for you, its just for you to be focused and achieve something in life.
In terms of development nigeria/africa will develope just a matter of
time.[/quote]

yes i love your comment all u said is true but when will we do d right tin in nigeria? when an advert is puplicly made inviting d public for application when all d positions has already been given to d rich guys as slot to compenciate dem, wht could dis mean to a lowly man who dn't have any body to speak for him/her? y den we go to school? y d struggle for 1st class n gud result? so many questions to ask but few, where are we attually going? nigeria is a gud land but d pple occupying to top are all wicked! plz let's do d right thing n God will help us.
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by kukus01(m): 1:29pm On Sep 24, 2013
some people ranting here about naija not good.... you will be shocked that their parents were part of this decay in naija which started long since before now, .....now karma is playing out on their kids ......their kids are shouting fowl.....abeg if you wan die go die joor ......naija no good naija no good and u dont even want to make yourself useful. they cant wash toilet in naija yet they can clean soakaway in UK.
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
waldigit :

You people's problem is that because you are educated you can't bent down low and start from somewhere. All you need to start is idea. As long as you have that poverty mentality you will never start. On one building project I worked pple around were asking whether I am the supervising engineer or the bricklayer or the carpenter or the labourer.because it was difficult to differentiate me from other artisans. Tha was the way the Lord Jesus led the disciples.the lesson is humble yourself let the Lord himself exalt you.
You don't need anybody's money to start, get the idea start from anywhere-labourer, technician, agent, errand guy, then move on from there. A friend of mine who has 2:1 in economics once worked with me as labourer under bricklayer. The Lord has blessed him now with an employment.
All these nagging problem nigeria has is a gold mine for discerning mind.
Nigeria is a Great country.
dont just open ur gutter and spill trash..read well before attacking someone except you need lenses..didnt you see that i said i've been hussling and things are now taking shape..bro you dont know the streets more than i do..if dem dey take hussling get award i for don get am..so dont fink i haven't done those menial jobs u listed and more...peace

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by seangy4konji: 6:31pm On Sep 24, 2013
@ OP..silver or Gold I no get,wetin I get,I don yarn you,gather money and comot dis place...it no concern you if na person papa deh embezzle d money,peoplke weh deh advice you say naija go better get person weh dem fit rest shoulder on na y dem deh talk like dat.person weh talk say hin na enginner and work with bricklayer,u go ask am say wen dem pay dem money,she na bricklayer pay hin collect?or wen d money hin account?he divide am into equal portion so that d brick layer he supervise collect d same money as him weh get d contractI re ti pipe man she okan laare,(wen expecting a blessing a for long,u might get sick waiting...don't dull and get out wen u get d chance...its a shit hole and na truth I tell you...its easy for someone to say naija is good when tins are rosy,either u struggled to get it or you met it as inheritance?the system is corrupt and prefer to be in an enviroment where they behave as humans...not animals with no regard for another persons life or well being and the selfishness has eaten deep into their souls from generations before we were born and will continu till rapture so opt for people who care for just residents,not to talk of citizens!!!
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by seangy4konji: 6:34pm On Sep 24, 2013
No mind am...help me ask am say d job weh he supervise but na him collect contract if he divide d money between everybody and dem all collect same tin wen job completemake d guy go sitt down somewhere jorrr
Timflex: dont just open ur gutter and spill trash..read well before attacking someone except you need lenses..didnt you see that i said i've been hussling and things are now taking shape..bro you dont know the streets more than i do..if dem dey take hussling get award i for don get am..so dont fink i haven't done those menial jobs u listed and more...peace
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by Tualeboi(m): 10:47pm On Sep 24, 2013
Na so o
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by seangy4konji: 11:41pm On Sep 24, 2013
Na Big so ooo
Tualeboi: Na so o
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by tomiblack(m): 2:18am On Sep 25, 2013
gunners160: If mikel can score after 7 yrs of no goa.if Arsenal can reach d top of d epl table after 4yrs.if ameachi rotimi culd b called bck 2 pdp after being rejected.if barcelonia can lose ball possesion after 317 games.if mario balotelli can lose a penalty 4 d 1st time in is life dat man/woman holdin nigeria nd everybody in d village or aso rock must die dis year
#stolen.......... so dry
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by Sagamite(m): 11:47am On Sep 25, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

I understand your frustration. I think that it is Nigerians who are the problem. The country is such a shyte hole because the people themselves are not good either. Most Nigerians are fucktards,nasty, rude, greedy, lack human compassion, have the tear-them-down syndrome in them, are self-centered and only think about themselves. Nigeria is nothing without Nigerians because a country is not made up of just trees and soil. It is the people that make up the country we know as Nigeria that are the problem. Why is there corruption in Nigeria from top to bottom? It is because the average Nigerian is inherently corrupt. Why is there tribalism in Nigeria? It is because the average Nigerian is inherently tribalistic.

Go to any office in any of the ministries in Abuja and see the way most Nigerian civil servants treat people who come to their office for one thing or the other like crap. When it comes to employment, jobs are not given according to merit but rather according to the connections one has, what tribe one belongs to, what religion one belongs to, etc. I left my base in the USA to come and take part in the NYSC scheme. I also wanted to see if Nigeria has changed for the better. However, after almost a year here in Nigeria, I came to the realization that this is one country that I would not want to live in. Not even in old age. The average Nigerian is rude, knows nothing about customer service, only respects people he/she perceives to be rolling in money or is an 'oga at the top'.

Nigerians are quick to blame our leaders but I think that the Nigerian citizens are equally to blame. The fucktards, who make up majority of the population, would be the first to defend their useless leaders verbally and even physically, if required, when people condemn these leaders only because the leader is "from my region/tribe" or even their rogue pastor. They celebrate mediocrity because their country and environment is such a huge shithole they are looking for anything, not matter how rubbish, they can find pride in, no matter how ridiculous and moronic that pride is. Some of these fucktards who cannot get out of the country to reside abroad now moronically try to insult others that are in sane countries by saying their life is horrible, when it is these fucktards that live in a cesspit. The citizens are obsessed about marriage and how they can overpopulate the already overpopulated cesspit called Nigeria further. How can one have hope in a country like Nigeria where militants are sent abroad on full scholarship while law abiding citizens are languishing away due to incessant strikes? Common uninterrupted electricity, clean running tap water, good roads, good infrastructure, Nigerians cannot boost of in 2013. Is it any wonder why the country is in the mess that it is?

Even the reputation of Nigerians worldwide is in the gutter. Everywhere we go - from Africa to Europe to South and North America to Asia - people don't trust Nigerians. This is because many Nigerians misbehave in their host country because we have developed a culture where we see being crooked and cheating others as a demonstration of being "smart" and our people think that just the way anything goes in Nigeria is the way anything goes in other saner climes/countries. All I can suggest to you the OP is to see if you can save up money and then leave Nigeria or see if someone will be willing to marry you so that you can cross over to a more conducive nation or society. Nowhere in the world is perfect or easy but best believe that some countries are definitely better than others. When you start living in other nations even within the African continent, you will begin to realize just what a hell hole Nigeria indeed is, while we moronically call ourselves "Giants of Africa". The Nigerian nation does its utmost best to stifle you in ever being able to achieve your potential.

All the best!

Fixed by adding the omissions.
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by swiftycool(m): 12:42pm On Sep 25, 2013
kukus01: some people ranting here about naija not good.... you will be shocked that their parents were part of this decay in naija which started long since before now, .....now karma is playing out on their kids ......their kids are shouting fowl.....abeg if you wan die go die joor ......naija no good naija no good and u dont even want to make yourself useful. they cant wash toilet in naija yet they can clean soakaway in UK.

For your information oga, Most of the leaders involved in the rot of Naija are still presently in power or around the corridors of power and most of their kids are away in other countries laughing at those impoverished by their parents, so your karma logic to me doesn't hold much water.
I schooled in the UK after saving money for years. while working to pay my fees in the Uk i discovered especially within central and greater London that most of the students living lavish yet not working while studying in UK were children of present leaders or past Nigerian leaders involved in this rot, i even used to help clean the car and mow the lawn of one Nigerian legislators house for some extra cash while his kids, 4 of them played playstation and Xbox all day!

they cant wash toilet in naija yet they can clean soakaway in UK.
only a not too smart person would compare these two, in Naija you can't earn up to minimum wage cleaning toilets anywhere, plus you would be ridiculed by your own people as if u r being punished by God, whereas in UK you make up to £10 an hour as a standby attendant cleaning a night club toilet and working 8-10hrs overnight everyday. Now check this, for a year after tax and expenses you can go home with £23,000 which is equivalent of N5.8 million. Mind you, in Uk you are treated as every other employee, with holiday allowances, discount coupons on some hotels, supermarkets etc just as a toilet Cleaner! No wonder some quite senior Naija bankers are hapilly cleaning toilets today in UK. lol

As per cleaning soakaway, in UK clearing blocked sewers is a specialized job and if you are licenced to do it, you can charge as much £25 per hour! sebi you sabi maths? oya begin calculate........

3 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by Sagamite(m): 2:50pm On Sep 25, 2013
swiftycool:

For your information oga, Most of the leaders involved in the rot of Naija are still presently in power or around the corridors of power and most of their kids are away in other countries laughing at those impoverished by their parents, so your karma logic to me doesn't hold much water.
I schooled in the UK after saving money for years. while working to pay my fees in the Uk i discovered especially within central and greater London that most of the students living lavish yet not working while studying in UK were children of present leaders or past Nigerian leaders involved in this rot, i even used to help clean the car and mow the lawn of one Nigerian legislators house for some extra cash while his kids, 4 of them played playstation and Xbox all day!

only a not too smart person would compare these two, in Naija you can't earn up to minimum wage cleaning toilets anywhere, plus you would be ridiculed by your own people as if u r being punished by God, whereas in UK you make up to £10 an hour as a standby attendant cleaning a night club toilet and working 8-10hrs overnight everyday. Now check this, for a year after tax and expenses you can go home with £23,000 which is equivalent of N5.8 million. Mind you, in Uk you are treated as every other employee, with holiday allowances, discount coupons on some hotels, supermarkets etc just as a toilet Cleaner! No wonder some quite senior Naija bankers are hapilly cleaning toilets today in UK. lol

As per cleaning soakaway, in UK clearing blocked sewers is a specialized job and if you are licenced to do it, you can charge as much £25 per hour! sebi you sabi maths? oya begin calculate........

Brilliant response to a stewpid postulation.
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by Pataki: 5:46pm On Sep 25, 2013
swiftycool:

Lmao! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by Sagamite(m): 10:10am On Sep 26, 2013
A shithole that does all it can to frustrate your life:

http://www.punchng.com/opinion/a-night-at-a-lagos-police-station/

A night at a Lagos police station

The telephone call came in the middle of the night, rousing me rudely from a deep and exciting sleep. I had slept very early the previous day having had a very exhausting afternoon. As a routine, I had ensured that my mobile phones were put in the silent mode. But on the fateful night, I had forgotten to change the tone. So, when the stringent Nokia tune broke the eerie silence of the night, I cursed under my breath. As I fumbled around in the Power Holding Company of Nigeria-induced darkness, I had wondered who could be calling at that ungodly hour. In my drowsy state, I answered the call. Then, I recognised the voice at the other end to be that of a neighbour. He frantically told me he had been arrested by the police for wandering while returning from work.

According to him, he was standing with other commuters at a bus stop when a police patrol truck screeched to halt in front of the bus station. They were standing in an endless wait for a bus. In a flash, gun-totting policemen alighted and ordered them at gun point to enter the back of the truck. Inside, he met other victims of the brutality that has come to define the Nigerian Police. He said that out of fright, some of them attempted to flee. But the police threatened to shoot them. They were all taken to the police station amid pleas of innocence. I had known the young man for over a year. I know him to be a struggling young man who worked as an unskilled hand in a Chinese factory around town. I knew he kept late nights due to the nature of his job. He also worked shifts. This makes him arrive home at odd hours. When the call came, I did not doubt the veracity of his story.

According to him, at the time of their arrest, the policemen also made several arrests along the way. Then, they drove to a secluded area where they stopped their vehicle. Then, they went into a round of negotiation with the suspects. They told those who had money to bail themselves. Those who could afford their charges were quickly left off the hook. One guy with an expensive wrist watch was said to have traded it for his freedom. But other unlucky victims like my neighbour who had only their transport fares were driven, like condemned criminals, to the cell. There, the officers encouraged them to call their relatives. The other option was to be clamped into the dingy cell where they would spend the night until they are bailed the next morning.

By the time he hung up the phone, I had become fully awake and disturbed. Knowing the antecedents of the Nigerian Police, I was worried that the boy could either be shot as an ‘’escapee’’ armed robber or framed up on trumped up charges. Just like many unlucky Nigerians, he might also end up being charged for a crime he knew nothing about and clamped in jail or awaiting trial. I was also upset at this gross violation of an innocent citizen’s right- a clear case of police brutality. The police are known for indiscriminate arrests of people under a so-called wandering law which has been abolished. But some unscrupulous officers in Lagos still engage in the illegal act. This random arrest is widely known as ‘’roger”. They often carry out the arrest in low income areas. Their targets are poor and defenceless citizens who have neither the financial nor social connections to defend their rights. This action, which has been condemned by Nigerians, amounts to the breach of people’s freedom of movement.

That said, I instantly made a decision to go to the police station in spite of the risk involved. First, because it was too late in the day and the fear of being brutalised by renegade officers was real. However, I thought that was the least I could do for this humble and hardworking young man. I roused another neighbour and we both went to the police station together. The scene I met at the station was shocking. Scores of unclad young men and women sat on bare floor speaking frantically on the phone. They were calling their families so as to avoid being hurled into the cell. Another shocker: I overheard policemen offering to help those arrested to buy call cards so they could contact their relatives! One policeman, who seemed to be the one coordinating the show of shame, bellowed at a young man who had all the while been protesting his innocence: “You, this stupid boy, you think na only you fit speak grammar, abi? You go sleep for cell today, mosquito go finish you. Stay there dey blow grammar make you no call your people. You go die for cell”! I observed a young woman making brisk business selling call cards at the gate. Even at that time of the night!

The station was a beehive of activities. As I made my way among the throng of men and women sitting on bare ground even outside the large compound, I spotted a patrol truck screech to a dusty halt at the entrance of the main building. A number of policemen alighted, cigarettes dangled between their lips, and their guns facing the sky. They looked like drunken pirates. Another set of ‘’suspects’’, both young and old were pushed down from the vehicle and forced to join those waiting at the counter. I soon located my neighbour who was visibly relieved having caught sight of me. I told him to calm down as I was determined to push my luck with those brigands called policemen in Lagos who are constantly breaching the fundamental human rights of poor residents. I approached the Investigating Police Officer and asked to see the Divisional Police Officer.

He demanded that I identify myself. I declined, insisting I would only identify myself to the DPO. He became alarmed and went to consult with the Commander of the Patrol that had arrested my neighbour. In Lagos, bravado and self-confidence if properly used with the police could work in your favour. I was told the DPO was not available. I disclosed to them that my neighbour, who was coming back from work, was arrested in error and demanded his release so he could go back home with me. I insisted he’d be released without any charges or I would wait till the DPO returns. The police officer in charge hesitated for a while. He did not know what to make of the situation. He was not sure how connected I was. I thought I saw hesitation in his eyes! Did they panic knowing they could have had the wrong man? Since they could not explain why the young man was arrested. I stuck to my guns and demanded his release.

The officer later backed down

He told me to identify the “suspect” among the lot. I insisted he was not a suspect as he had done nothing wrong. He was released to me without bail even as I observed money exchanging hands between families of those arrested illegally. It was shocking to see these glaring abuses of people’s rights which have become a norm at various police stations across Lagos.

Why would police officers on patrol arrest residents at will even when they have identified themselves as law abiding citizens? How does returning from work constitute an offence of wandering? Why do the police physically abuse innocent people, kicking and slapping them as I observed in the police station that night? My neighbour told me the officers refused to show their identification cards. One drunken officer even threatened to shoot if they continued the protest. I walked away from the station feeling a sense of anger.

With friends like the police, who needs an enemy?

This is in a popular national newspaper, and I can guarantee you nobody in the senior tiers of the police force, nobody in the government and nobody in the criminally-looting legislative arm would bother to investigate this or find the culprits.

And some fucktards that live in Nigeria would be trying to insult those living in sane countries as having a sad life? What a joke! grin

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by AjaySammusi(m): 6:39pm On Oct 24, 2013
Everyone just de cry. Read this perhaps yours is better:
http://www.iojalloh.com/2/post/2013/10/national-economies.html
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by Sagamite(m): 11:01pm On Nov 05, 2013
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian!!! by Sagamite(m): 12:10pm On Nov 07, 2013
A shithole where the leaders do not give a fck about the people:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24839324

Niger Delta people's lives are being destroyed permanently without any protection by the people looting them.

When BP spilled in the US, we all saw how the US government ensured they paid. There was rapid compensation and clean up money set aside.

Hear that the Agip official said "He also said that Eni paid all compensation due to local communities, according to Nigerian law". That according to Nigeria law is the caveat. They paid peanuts and they don't need to clean up after over 50 years of destroying people's environment. Just bribe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reasons Kids Are Tiny Drunk Adults / Moving Out From Parent's House- Your Experience! / How Do I Keep On Pushing With Nagging Relatives?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.