Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,124 members, 7,957,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:15 AM

Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) (63465 Views)

She Was Spotted Sleeping During Lecture (pictured) / FUTA Students Made To Kneel Down By Lecturer (PICS) / Ceiling Fan Falls On UNN Students During Lecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by fabulousdame(f): 5:56am On Sep 25, 2013
emmanuelson20: That's what happens in some of these private universities especially madonna university (Catholic-owned) where students are beaten with a cane and punished like kids....
fully supported
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by fabulousdame(f): 5:59am On Sep 25, 2013
mayten30: hmm not really a date for my birthday but a date for something special.lol.
okay nice i asked cos it's close to my own birthday...may9
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Richy4(m): 7:20am On Sep 25, 2013
SMH
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by fabulousdame(f): 7:37am On Sep 25, 2013
Richy.:
I was admitted into this school, i was really shocked about my environment. the beautiful structure, students behavior etc.

As the 2 hours lecture is going on, every student iPad and laptop are on the desk, coke, fanta, biscuits and other light drinks on the other side of you to eat or drink all through the duration.

All phones are always on silence, and when it mistakenly rang out due to the fact that you forgot to but it on vibration, no body will frown at you. you are encouraged by the lecturer to answer your call because you do not know if it was an emergency.

during summer, you will be shocked to see the hottest short on display worn by student "the low and behold ones" just come as you are.

you did not come for lecture due to work or some engagement, you simply go on line because there is something called lecture capture. everything, every sentence will be captured free for you. just sit at the comfort of your home log in on university website and learn all that happened in your absent.if you like you come to school if you like do not. it is a free country.

you can hardly see someone misbehaving. but if there are occasion were a student misbehave, the lecturer will simply write a note and hand it to the student to meet him or her after lecture.

lastly towards the end of the semester, every student will be given a chance to say something on line about the lecture either good or bad. and if the lecturer has so many bad report he/she will be removed from that course.

NOW this is what is called University. I was surprised when I read through and some people were in support of such abomination. what ever happened to student dignity.without them, the so called lecturers will not have a job. they will not be there.
i tot i was d only one who saw it dat way....

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Memyselfu2009(m): 7:51am On Sep 25, 2013
Thjs is no news when other university do must that that rubbish
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by senator2b: 8:03am On Sep 25, 2013
There come in ones life wia he/she has to make a choice. All student in CU have made a choice to abide by all rules n regulations made n also d ones not yet made in d skol so na their cross be tat. Dupe ti e I knw very soon them go make them to de dress like ancient village headmasters/mistress.
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by bolnij(m): 8:49am On Sep 25, 2013
Why are you complaining. A university has declared its stand on discipline, dressing and ways of behaviour. It is common knowledge. You have a choice to go there or not. If you choose to go there, you must abide by their rules and regulations. If you choose to go there then you accept their rules and regulations. All those making comments should also mind their business. If you are not there why must you castigate the university? Lets spend our valuable time on productive ventures. You can only advise your friends and relations not to go there.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Shigoboy(m): 9:07am On Sep 25, 2013
Good to be an obedient student though , smileyBuh that will never happen in my sch until panadol cures HIV sad sad, the lecturer go hear am after the class embarassed

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 25, 2013
fabulousdame:
okay nice i asked cos it's close to my own birthday...may9
send me an email mayten30@gmail.com let's talk,have just followed u on twitter and sent u a tweet
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Forwetinnah: 9:28am On Sep 25, 2013
Ayomight: I am highly disappointed in you!I waz finking Odudua uni peeps will reason nd fink like oau peeps bt nw i c...U say derez no big deal in kneeling juz because of popularity?M SO SOWI 4 U!pple like u end up doin finz like rape,cultism,drugs,robbery juz to b popular...u ar so screwed.

You should be disappointed in yourself, a student is a STUDENT as long as you're in school(respect is reciprocal), don't behave like a tout and expect the schools management to applaud you. You can only claim Boss when you've graduated, you think being disobedient pays? Stiff-necked students like you remain in Universities for 15yrs without any direction and end up with the options you mentioned in your post. No lecturer punishes for no just cause except its personal and if you're a Lecturer, you won't find it funny if a STUDENT disrespects you. Try not to get singled out as an undergraduate else, your stay will be hectic. People like you are the ones who quickly obey rules yet you're here calling someone who handled his situation well names.
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by dexter1983(m): 10:17am On Sep 25, 2013
IF GOD ALLOWS YOU TO BUILD YOUR OWN UNIVERSITY...LET IT BE RUN LIKE A PUBLIC UNIVERSITY... NA U SABI....EVRY VISIONARY HAS A REASON FOR SETTING SOME PURE STANDARDS.ITS NOT BY FORCE TO GO TO PRIVATE UNI...U CAN CONTINUE WITH D PUBLIC STRIKING UNIVERSITY AND DO WHATEVER YOU LIKE...ALL IS CHOICE!
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by macof(m): 10:29am On Sep 25, 2013
even in some secondary schools such things dont happen. in my final year sef I doubt if I ever knelt down as punishment
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by skijo4life(m): 10:36am On Sep 25, 2013
ScarFaceTF: People dey sneak fone inside d schll na
guys havent u heard of ipads and tabs....must it b a phone
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by gbishman: 10:48am On Sep 25, 2013
This so called glorified secondary schools, does this lecturer realise this is an adult, with reasoning faculties, passed through the cradle of primary and secondary school. I think is dehumnaising and as such this lecturer should be sanctioned or better still charged to court by the parents of the victim. This should be done or seen at this era. Gosh what is this country turning into for Christ sakes
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by DanMaikudi(m): 11:15am On Sep 25, 2013
cry :oits a piti
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Wahala90: 11:23am On Sep 25, 2013

If university student no respect im sef and come behave like primary school pikin, make he kneel down, open mouth and even receive 12 strokes. Nothing bad for that one. If im parents or even friends vex, make them come take their mumu pikin go teach how to behave as adult. University na for adults wen know wetin adulthood mean.

Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by SILVA112(m): 11:35am On Sep 25, 2013
He bleeped up datz. Y ... lolll
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by troy20(m): 11:43am On Sep 25, 2013
there comes a time in a humans life when whichever way some1 mite have erred, they ought 2 b corrected with a certain a degree of respect.differently 4rm when they wer kids.by bein made 2 feel dt respect they r reminded of dia age n wat is expected of them.even a kid has 2 feel respected.u achieve better result n build thier self exteem wen they r made 2 feel respected.n in turn earn u alot of respect and admiration .when u dnt correct with respect or show respect, u expose ur own lack of exteem n u lose ur own respect.4 d love of God anybdy in a university should b an adult n b treated like one.any wonder y we hav alota ppl with unhealthy self esteem? If am kneeling at 25, 20 or even 18 infront of a class then it wouldnt hav been long i stoppd wetting my bed or losing one of my shoes in d play ground in school or even being bullied off my lunch pack by an over grown kid in kindergatten class.i would've been mayb 12,13 or 16yrs then
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by matrixme(m): 12:00pm On Sep 25, 2013
Since Nigerians are very used to servitude and a restrictive lifestyle, so how do you expect even the random best of them see the scenario as wrong? We've had a long history of the church and the government telling us what and what not to do, how and how not we should live our lives. We're like that proverbial donkey tied to a plastic chair. I wonder if Jesus is exactly being glorified when a second year student kneels down in 2013; in a university founded in His name. I am grateful I didn't attend such freakish higher institutions. Strike or no strike, it sure feels good to know the sweet taste of freedom as a university undergraduate!
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by droly28: 12:03pm On Sep 25, 2013
READ DIS AND SAY BYE 2 ...................POVERTY...............
At first i congratulate all freshers dat u ar welcum 2 dis great citadel of learnin.... we student we dont nid 2 depend strictly on our parent b4 wil do smetinx in sch(such as buyin of clothes,handout,fone,feeding or rechanging our fone or bbm subscriptn etc)...let us start learnin ao 2 b self dependent.....dat is y i av come 2 introduce u 2 disan online business....if any1 tells u dat all online businexx ar scam/fake tell d person dat he has jst committed a FALLACY.... dis onlinle biz is different 4rm any1 u might av heard of...u wil get pay 2thousand naira at worst per week in2 ur bank account....u dont nid a laptop or bb b4 u can do it anytin u ar usin 2 read dis msg can do it.... if u ar interest txt me ur email or call me on 08098028234!!!!!!!! let us convert all d time we use online in2 money.......ao 2 make money 2ru facebook loading..............
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by abouqi(f): 12:04pm On Sep 25, 2013
Don't you know they use Laptops with camera?
ScarFaceTF: People dey sneak fone inside d schll na
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by oyeludef(m): 12:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
kini big deal. in my 100l a math lectr slaped a guy in my class i.e ladoke akintola uni. great institutions produce students wit great discipline. i av a friend who attended NDA no fone ws allowed n dey also award graduate n post graduate degrees. u canno compare ds to wat dey go tru ovr dre
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 25, 2013
Uyi168: A lecturer in ma skul(uniben) once asked a guy to sit on d floor nd he obeyed.so watz d big deal

You are in which level? Its in uniben that you can't ask a student to do any nonsense stuff and he will do it. The students will report you to the dean. Some lecturers can attest to that. In uniben, you can't set exam time-table in engineering without reasoning the students schedule first, or else, you will have to type multiple times because we won't write those papers. Don't compare dis nonsense to uniben!
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by kuss: 2:08pm On Sep 25, 2013
mayten30: I swear this picture is fake!!!!
LOOK CLOSELY THIS PICS LOOKS LIKE A DRAMA PRESENTATION IN A CHURCH SERVICE, THAT LADY IS DEFINITELY NOT A LECTURER
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by fabulousdame(f): 3:55pm On Sep 25, 2013
mayten30: send me an email mayten30@gmail.com let's talk,have just followed u on twitter and sent u a tweet
copy that
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 25, 2013
In my school(UNIBADAN), a lecturer cant tell you to kneel down. No stupid student will kneel down even if the lecturer threatens. The lecturer and the student will face the SDC. Thats a university. That convenant lecturer and students are both stupid and uncivilized.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by tobezekiel(f): 9:08pm On Sep 25, 2013
the lecturer has being suspended o... lol buh its funny. wish I went to class that day sef..
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by chipet67(m): 11:36pm On Sep 25, 2013
ajasa4link: shiit happens!...wait o,who come snap am,I heard phones are not allowed in the school,Abi this Na one of aare musiwa's satellite photos ni?
smart guy... Op am expecting an answer to that question.
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by tobezekiel(f): 11:53pm On Sep 25, 2013
chipet67: smart guy... Op am expecting an answer to that question.
ever had of ipad, ipod ,galaxy tabs??
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 26, 2013
homesteady: LOL! It does not only happen in private uni's oh! It happens in Government to
I remember in my 100L, one lecturer use to tell people to stand on the table in front of the whole class!
its cus you are in 109L then.. More less like ss3 version 2
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by ManTiger(m): 1:17am On Sep 26, 2013
ajasa4link: shiit happens!...wait o,who come snap am,I heard phones are not allowed in the school,Abi this Na one of aare musiwa's satellite photos ni?
hahahahaha... Guy you're so hilarious... You made me remember the real Ogagun "Mapomeji" himself.
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by pmc01(m): 7:17am On Sep 26, 2013
homesteady: LOL! It does not only happen in private uni's oh! It happens in Government to
I remember in my 100L, one lecturer use to tell people to stand on the table in front of the whole class!

It doesn't justify it still.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Can You Solve This Math Question? / Colonialism, Positive Or Negative Influences? / How To Retrieve Your NIN Without Visiting Their Office.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.