Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) (63259 Views)

She Was Spotted Sleeping During Lecture (pictured) / FUTA Students Made To Kneel Down By Lecturer (PICS) / Ceiling Fan Falls On UNN Students During Lecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by dannysoya: 7:19pm On Sep 24, 2013
"Codedrock: WHATS THE BIG DEAL HERE?? I was ordered to come out to the front of the whole class and raise up my hands and close my eyes before our vacation this last semester in ODUDUA UNIVERSITY ILE IFE, and it was my pleasure.. EVERYBODY is GONNA laugh at you and you are gonna be popular."

LOL SMH. This is part of the problem with our educational system right here. Nobody wants to learn anymore. So you're in school to be popular and you will do literally ANYTHING (including being treated like a four year old) just to be popular. Have to set your priorities right. You should not have paid all that cash just for popularity.

I've said for many years and will say again that schools like Covenant University are a joke. If at 20 years old, you cannot be trusted to manage your life independently, then God knows when you'll be able to do so. Private schools are just money-making schemes designed to con gullible Nigerians out of their money. If you go to work and mess up, you will be FIRED, not be asked to kneel down and face the wall. The whole point of a University is to shape you into the man or woman you will be in the future. Nobody should be telling you more than once when an assignment is due. It is your responsibility to see that you do it without pressure, that is the true test of maturity. The ability to do things without being told twice. And when you finish from a proper University, It should not only be a confirmation of your intellectual capacity but also a confirmation of the fact that you are able to handle yourself without ANY supervision.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 24, 2013
fabulousdame:
lolz...does ur username ve sumtin to do with ur birthday?
hmm not really a date for my birthday but a date for something special.lol.
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by toprealman: 7:35pm On Sep 24, 2013
The student is a sophisticated mumu.
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by soulglo: 7:39pm On Sep 24, 2013
I'm just going to tell myself that he decided to pray during lectures. It's the only thing that makes sense

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 24, 2013
I hate Noisemakers
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by cheruv: 7:45pm On Sep 24, 2013
Finally Yorubas dey enjoy this kind thing
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Dubemkelly(m): 7:54pm On Sep 24, 2013
This absurd n crap...Has gone beyond discipline nd absolutely a torture. Who does dat? Even in secondary schls, its being done with respect
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Sam4g8(m): 7:56pm On Sep 24, 2013
i see no stupid reason why anyone should speak disparagingly at this highly commendable act of discipline! i believe this is what our entire institution needs- a high standard rule of discipline,which is untainted by the gross immorality and break down of dignity prevalent in our public institutions. whats the need of claiming big boy in an empty skull. abeg convenant i hail thee jaree.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by ScarFaceTF(m): 8:10pm On Sep 24, 2013
Thats y transfering to redeemers university...This typ of thin cnt happen dere
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Zeleez: 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2013
That is private university for u, if u dnt like it abeg go hug xformer
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by mrdino(m): 8:33pm On Sep 24, 2013
Naofficial: There is always a level when maturity must have being attained. A level where it’s no more about physical punishment… Rather, about coaching. Reverse is the case in most private university especially Covenant University where there have been reported cased of student being given corporal punishment.
A 200 level student of a Covenant University was ordered to kneel down during a general lecture by a lecturer.
Remember a photo also went viral last time some students were asked to kneel down in BOWEN University for missing church service..
Yeah, <b>the biblesaid,spare the rod and spoil the child, not spare the rod and spoil the ADULT</b>.

Click here for more pics/gists like this today.

what makes you so sure he's an adult and not a child?
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by jamaicabakare(m): 9:05pm On Sep 24, 2013
Naofficial: There is always a level when maturity must have being attained. A level where it’s no more about physical punishment… Rather, about coaching. Reverse is the case in most private university especially Covenant University where there have been reported cased of student being given corporal punishment.
A 200 level student of a Covenant University was ordered to kneel down during a general lecture by a lecturer.
Remember a photo also went viral last time some students were asked to kneel down in BOWEN University for missing church service..
Yeah, the biblesaid,spare the rod and spoil the child, nots pare the rod and spoil the ADULT.

Click here for more pics/gists like this today.

at least it's more better to knee down in a class for 45minutes than to stay @ home for 3months doing nothing......lolz

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by oluwanoni: 9:19pm On Sep 24, 2013
this is not cu jor, this them olodo, bloggers, everything dey resemble cu for their face...most of them have never seen a hall in cu and they claim what is not.......@least this topic will make someone's day
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by 4C2215131: 9:27pm On Sep 24, 2013
Akin-David:
I no fit say Rubbish! If this is actually true. A university education suppose to have an all round touch on psychological development of which s
elf confidence is part of it.

You're on point! Humiliating someone like that in front of his peers is EXTREMELY damaging to his psyche. Jeez! They should know better!

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by buklan: 9:32pm On Sep 24, 2013
ajasa4link: shiit happens!...wait o,who come snap am,I heard phones are not allowed in the school,Abi this Na one of aare musiwa's satellite photos ni?

Wtf..... fones nt allowed?
Eyi ga ju.
For christ sakes...... ds ppl r nt children.
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by makabia(m): 10:12pm On Sep 24, 2013
yemi2plus:
what's wrong with the bolded?
Et things!!
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by stevSKY(m): 10:18pm On Sep 24, 2013
Make ​i ÇätÇh •̸ϞƔ slf say ​i knee down...... If ​i no slap †ђξ man..... Hahahahahaha who knw weda na him chic snap dp tins...... Hahahahahha
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Xtfield(m): 10:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
This post is not only mischievous, but biased. The poster should have told us the full story. What did the young man do to earn this punishment? Besides, when adults behave like children, they must be ready for the punishment meant for children!

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Chindykuska(m): 10:56pm On Sep 24, 2013
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Damsman10(m): 10:57pm On Sep 24, 2013
dridowu: I will only care for those that attend PUBLIC INSTITUTION like me. How i wish they introduce school uniform for those glorified school
they av uniforms=> they mst wear t-shirt, no jeans e.t.c to class
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Damsman10(m): 11:01pm On Sep 24, 2013
dannysoya: "Codedrock: WHATS THE BIG DEAL HERE?? I was ordered to come out to the front of the whole class and raise up my hands and close my eyes before our vacation this last semester in ODUDUA UNIVERSITY ILE IFE, and it was my pleasure..
is it tru Obatala is no more your V.C?...
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Topzlincoln(m): 11:02pm On Sep 24, 2013
Lolz!! I hear say dem go begin wey uniform frm next year o :-D cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by cutelover19(m): 11:45pm On Sep 24, 2013
homesteady: LOL! It does not only happen in private uni's oh! It happens in Government to
I remember in my 100L, one lecturer use to tell people to stand on the table in front of the whole class!
Were you a futminna student?
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by emmanuelson20: 11:53pm On Sep 24, 2013
That's what happens in some of these private universities especially madonna university (Catholic-owned) where students are beaten with a cane and punished like kids....
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by slimikenna(m): 12:02am On Sep 25, 2013
barbaric acts in the name of discipline. there are more effective ways of punishment.

and its a university for Heavens sake.
the lecturer is fvcked.

corporal punishment is/will never be a means of correcting an adult.

similar to the irresponsible men that beat their wives at home. anyway anything goes in naija. B.S
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Jhonnyboy(m): 12:14am On Sep 25, 2013
ajasa4link: shiit happens!...wait o,who come snap am,I heard phones are not allowed in the school,Abi this Na one of aare musiwa's satellite photos ni?

Guy u neva hear of iPad, iPod, Galaxy tabs and other Tablets before, even ur Laptop can take pictures,...... Passing by ,..... SMH.
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Jhonnyboy(m): 12:20am On Sep 25, 2013
yemi2plus:
In as much as I believe that mobile phones are not allowed in the said school, I stil believe the picture is real. Look at the angle it was snapped from.

The picture's real (i was in the class), and phones r not allowed, that was probably taken with an iPad
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Expsbterror(m): 1:43am On Sep 25, 2013
Hiya!!!!!! See him starched shirt oooo. Kai smh.. But wait ooo. D lecturer (sori "teacher"wink 4 consider am na... All dis PU sef..... Dis is jst some impactation of childhoodness in teens/pending adults... Aniway dey paid 4 it :-)
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Goldenskin: 2:36am On Sep 25, 2013
This is definitely not a Covenant University classroom or hall. Ɣ☺u dare not go to the classroom with a cellphone, so am wondering how the picture was taken. People should always verify stories circulated by bloggers seeking for traffic to their site before commenting on such stories .
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Nobody: 3:03am On Sep 25, 2013
bknight: There isn't all-round grooming of teenagers into psychologically balanced young men and women. Education isn't about academics alone, as well tertiary institutions isn't abt degrees alone.

These schools churn out babies.

From my experience, I agree with this statement...
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by mikemodel24: 3:24am On Sep 25, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Covenant University Student Ordered To Kneel-down During Lecture (Picture) by Nobody: 3:26am On Sep 25, 2013
Nigerians just love raising old babies and not self thinking, adults.

What do you expect when even at age 22, some of their parents are still slapping and belting them? As an adult in that situation, I would question the right of that lecture r to even dare make such a disrespectful request that I should go kneel down in front of a classroom.

If I won't take that crap from my boss who pays my salary, who the heck is you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

10 Types Of Students You Will Meet In Hostels / 4 Of The Most Beautiful Train Stations You Won’t Believe Are Real (photo) / JAMB UTME 2013 Result Is On Www.jamb.org.ng/unifietme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.