Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,938 members, 7,845,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) (16167 Views)

Cockroach Statement: I Was Quoted Out Of Context – Gov Shema / Nigerians React To Gej's Comment (A Nairalander Was Quoted) / 'Boko Haram Is PDP, PDP Is Boko Haram' (Buhari Was Quoted Saying This) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by Okijajuju1(m): 3:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
Ess:

That roach will metamorphose and come to Nigeria if we go along that line. We have BH and cant afford a joint Alshabab-BH insurgency, that na die!
I hope ur likes never come close to leadership!

And you think that Boko Haram isnt already in partnership with Al-Shabaab, Hezbollah, Al-Queda and the Tuareg Militia in Mali.. grin

Where do you think these weapons come from?! Shoprite?! grin

You must think that Boko Haram and Armed Robbers are on the same level..

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by Afam4eva(m): 3:19pm On Sep 25, 2013
That Ballabrigs's comment was on point and calls for a sober reflection by those in power.
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by LordReed(m): 3:21pm On Sep 25, 2013
Chei see ogbonge editing! grin grin grin
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by Okijajuju1(m): 3:21pm On Sep 25, 2013
Afam4eva: That Ballabrigs's comment was on point and calls for a sober reflection by those in power.

What was on piont about it?!

That comment was retarded and if I were a Mod, I would have deleted it and banned him for 6 Months.. angry
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by ballabriggs: 3:22pm On Sep 25, 2013
You see the government is a joke as this government has a flawed communication strategy. It's communication strategy is all about propaganda and not trying to "paint Jona black" whilst it relegate citizens engagement which is important in a democratic society.

How exactly do you feel reading in the papers that 160 of your citizens died without an official position from the government? What it does is to create more panic as the citizens have no clear understanding of what is going on.

I will give you an example. Historically, it was thought that when there are signs of a ship sinking, it was appropriate not to let the passengers know. However, what we understand today is the passengers will eventually know and when these passengers know, it creates more confusion on the ship as they may even get the wrong information. Today we emphasise on providing information and communicating on ships and prepare them for evacuation if the situation worsens. Transparency and communication.

Bring that to our lives here. Why do we not know exactly what is going on? Why are our citizens dying and no one seems to be telling us anything? Who is responsible for providing us with this information and who has been concealing this information?

The ideal thing should be tell us what is going on, what you are doing to stop it and tell us how to get involved to bring the situation to an end. Communication and transparency are important principles of governance. This should not necessarily come from the Presidency but the Ministry of Information, NTA and FRCN. Engage is the right strategy.

If you see the way the Kenyan defence forces, their Police, interior ministry were engaging their citizens on twitter during the siege. It becomes right to ask questions about our own leaders.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by write2obi(m): 3:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
cashkid18: are my suppose to comment on dis
"Am I suppose"
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by Boss13: 3:37pm On Sep 25, 2013
ballabriggs: You see the government is a joke as this government has a flawed communication strategy. It's communication strategy is all about propaganda and not trying to "paint Jona black" whilst it relegate citizens engagement which is important in a democratic society.

How exactly do you feel reading in the papers that 160 of your citizens died without an official position from the government? What it does is to create more panic as the citizens have no clear understanding of what is going on.

I will give you an example. Historically, it was thought that when there are signs of a ship sinking, it was appropriate not to let the passengers know. However, what we understand today is the passengers will eventually know and when these passengers know, it creates more confusion on the ship as they may even get the wrong information. Today we emphasise on providing information and communicating on ships and prepare them for evacuation if the situation worsens. Transparency and communication.

Bring that to our lives here. Why do we not know exactly what is going on? Why are our citizens dying and no one seems to be telling us anything? Who is responsible for providing us with this information and who has been concealing this information?

The ideal thing should be tell us what is going on, what you are doing to stop it and tell us how to get involved to bring the situation to an end. Communication and transparency are important principles of governance. This should not necessarily come from the Presidency but the Ministry of Information, NTA and FRCN. Engage is the right strategy.

If you see the way the Kenyan defence forces, their Police, interior ministry were engaging their citizens on twitter during the siege. It becomes right to ask questions about our own leaders.

You have made valid points. Effective communication has never been the policy of our leaders right from the days of our founding fathers. You remember the first lady illness? Our government too do not value the lives of its citizen. At some point I do not want to blame Jonathan. I just believe the people around him shadows his mindset with deceptions and lies.
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by Okijajuju1(m): 3:45pm On Sep 25, 2013
ballabriggs: You see the government is a joke as this government has a flawed communication strategy. It's communication strategy is all about propaganda and not trying to "paint Jona black" whilst it relegate citizens engagement which is important in a democratic society.

[b]Mr. Briggs.. I greet you.

Sadly, our situation and that of the Kenyans are not one and the same. I'm sure even the President would want to Trade Borno State for the Westgate mall if he could.

2 years.. Speeches have been made severally. From that of the Madala bombing, to the Louis Edet house bombing to the Bus Park bombing.. Where Kenya is at today, we crossed that line over 3 years ago with Boko haram and MEND. Infact, Nigerians no longer want to hear speeches, we want to see dead Terrorists on T.V and Newspaper covers.

What havent we tried?!

Carrot & Stick Method
Police Checkpoints
Dusk - Dawn Curfew
State of Emergencies
Communications black out
Full Military action

e.t.c...

What we are facing now has reached the point of intelligence gathering. The government cant come out everyday and tell you how many forces they have deployed, what agencies are involved or how they are going about capturing these terrorists. These terrorists also listen to the News you know (BBC Hausa service).. grin Did the U.S Government tell the American that they had started a domestic spy program and that they were listening in on their calls?! Haba na!

You even attacked the president for attending the UN summit.. WHY?! Are you suggesting we keep the country on hold and lock the President indoors because of Boko Haram?! Did President George Bush not travel during the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq?! Why should Jonathan be held captive?! Are you aware of what his agenda was on this trip?! Do you know if he would be signing pacts with other courties to assist us in combating these terrorists?!

I'm sorry but just because the Kenyan President came out and talked tough on T.V, using Isreali troops and Kenyan Forces to tackle 10 - 15 terrorists trapped inside a Mall no bigger than SHOPRITE Lekki, in a stand-off that has lasted over 3 days, does not mean that they can combat terrorism better than Nigeria.. Or that the Kenyan President is better than Jonathan.

Why do you choose to attack the President like this?! angry[/b]

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by Ziggyzito(m): 3:48pm On Sep 25, 2013
cashkid18: are my suppose to comment on dis
am I*
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by Positiveminds(m): 3:51pm On Sep 25, 2013
lertee: Yeah I knew I made sense.. shocked cool

You made no sense. On the contrary, you just exuded high level of ignorance.
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by Yahoo1(m): 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2013
Jonathan! smh. always suffering from a sicness called...

.MISPLACED PRIORITY
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by GreenBobo: 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2013
fuckluv: So nairaland is not global If I hear : angry

it is broda......Nairaland is quite global....
More over...... Its hosted on the internet: therefore it is very global.
Bt u shld understand that brands that are trully global dont tag along with the name of their country of origin...... E.g.,., e.t.c
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by sCun: 3:57pm On Sep 25, 2013
:......and that thread was of course created by none other but me!
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 25, 2013
tobex_23:

What the fvck are you saying for God sake? You are making no sense!!!
Please leave my Okija juju for me o! one day one day, Punch newspapers will quote him too. grin
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by idu1(m): 4:05pm On Sep 25, 2013
patriotic nigerian muah!!
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by hammedkola(m): 4:07pm On Sep 25, 2013
GreenBobo:

honestly....u aint far off from d truth....
But there will be lots of pressure on Seun to change the forums name to somtin more 'Global....something more 'Sellable''!

Seun na baba ijebu, he isn't gonna do that. wink grin grin
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by hammedkola(m): 4:12pm On Sep 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]Mr. Briggs.. I greet you.

Sadly, our situation and that of the Kenyans are not one and the same. I'm sure even the President would want to Trade Borno State for the Westgate mall if he could.

2 years.. Speeches have been made severally. From that of the Madala bombing, to the Louis Edet house bombing to the Bus Park bombing.. Where Kenya is at today, we crossed that line over 3 years ago with Boko haram and MEND. Infact, Nigerians no longer want to hear speeches, we want to see dead Terrorists on T.V and Newspaper covers.

What havent we tried?!

Carrot & Stick Method
Police Checkpoints
Dusk - Dawn Curfew
State of Emergencies
Communications black out
Full Military action

e.t.c...

What we are facing now has reached the point of intelligence gathering. The government cant come out everyday and tell you how many forces they have deployed, what agencies are involved or how they are going about capturing these terrorists. These terrorists also listen to the News you know (BBC Hausa service).. grin Did the U.S Government tell the American that they had started a domestic spy program and that they were listening in on their calls?! Haba na!

You even attacked the president for attending the UN summit.. WHY?! Are you suggesting we keep the country on hold and lock the President indoors because of Boko Haram?! Did President George Bush not travel during the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq?! Why should Jonathan be held captive?! Are you aware of what his agenda was on this trip?! Do you know if he would be signing pacts with other courties to assist us in combating these terrorists?!

I'm sorry but just because the Kenyan President came out and talked tough on T.V, using Isreali troops and Kenyan Forces to tackle 10 - 15 terrorists in a stand-off that has lasted over 3 days, does not mean that they can combat terrorism better than Nigeria.. Or that the Kenyan President is better than Jonathan.

Why do you choose to attack the President like this?! angry[/b]

So that he can be quoted which he achieved.
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by Caseless: 4:15pm On Sep 25, 2013
GreenBobo:

But there will be lots of pressure on Seun to change the forums name to somtin more 'Global....something more 'Sellable''!
facebook,twitter, ebay, oracle and everything oyiboish were not nigerianized b4 we accepted dem in dz clime. Abi we make our crude global b4 oyibo de steal am? Cant we export something 2 d outside world in naija's name apart frm corruption and 419?
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 25, 2013
My take here is that nigerian newspapers should be the one celebrating being quoted on nairaland and not the other way round. Truth be told, Nairaland credibility is way above most of nigerian newspapers!

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by Caseless: 4:17pm On Sep 25, 2013
GreenBobo:

Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by nenergy(m): 4:19pm On Sep 25, 2013
That's why its good to make intelligent comment. Not FTC or ETT.
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by Caseless: 4:24pm On Sep 25, 2013
Okija, i disagree with u. If bush travelled during d war in afghanistan and iraq, it was because d war was not in his backyard. If americans wer d one being killed at dat time like in those places, he wldnt hav steppf out of u.s.
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by GreenBobo: 4:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
caseless: facebook,twitter, ebay, oracle and everything oyiboish were not nigerianized b4 we accepted dem in dz clime. Abi we make our crude global b4 oyibo de steal am? Cant we export something 2 d outside world in naija's name apart frm corruption and 419?

we can....and we have been doing that, perhaps ua ignorant of this noble fact..

btw.....ua on point.....just dat ur point is shrouded in sentiments
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by Caseless: 4:33pm On Sep 25, 2013
oxford: My take here is that nigerian newspapers should be the one celebrating being quoted on nairaland and not the other way round. Truth be told, Nairaland credibility is way above most of nigerian newspapers!
no one is celebratin anyone here. An individual wrote an articl e for a newspaper and quoted a nairalander, sombody brot it up here 4 us 2 see that and how important it is 2 make meaninful comments on nl. I guess dat ws wat d op was trynna do.
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by Caseless: 4:36pm On Sep 25, 2013
GreenBobo:

we can....and we have been doing that, perhaps ua ignorant of this noble fact..

btw.....ua on point.....just dat ur point is shrouded in sentiments
of course i shld bring sentiment into dz cos it is inseperable frm patriotism when it has 2 do wth one's country. I'm being patriotic!
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by docjuli(m): 4:38pm On Sep 25, 2013
Punch has been quoting nairaland.com
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 25, 2013
cashkid18: u shud be d one doin dt cuz ur english sucks too grin

Anyone who writes 'I'm' as 'Am' should get 2 copies of 'english for beginners'... Check your siggy. undecided undecided
I can be your teacher if you want. grin grin tongue tongue wink wink

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by docjuli(m): 4:44pm On Sep 25, 2013
Someone asked for suggestions:

Users should receieve notifications when their names are mentioned in a post (whether they are following that post or not and whether they are members of nairaland). That way, big brands can subscribe to nairaland, to know what customers talk about them.
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by GreenBobo: 4:53pm On Sep 25, 2013
caseless: of course i shld bring sentiment into dz cos it is inseperable frm patriotism when it has 2 do wth one's country. I'm being patriotic!

LOLs....I understand......
But global brands are not built on sentiments......
Sentimental brands never make it out of their country of origin...
Sentiments stagnates.....not only brands but human beings alike....
Shalom!
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 25, 2013
tobex_23:

What the fvck are you saying for God sake? You are making no sense!!!
Then u must be very senseless
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by kaeto(m): 4:55pm On Sep 25, 2013
hy baby, you're now a celeb. Dream come through. At age ** you are already been quoted by a national newspaper.. *Cheers baby cheers*
Re: A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) by Patconcept77: 5:01pm On Sep 25, 2013
ARE YOU TRAVELING OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY TO EITHER FRANCE, SPAIN, GERMANY, JAPAN, SWEDEN, NETHERLAND, ROMANIAN AND ITALY AND YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SHORT BUT CONCISE AND EFFECTIVE FRENCH, GERMAN, SPANISH, JAPANESE, ROMANIAN, SWEDISH, ITALIAN AND DUTCH PHRASES YOU CAN USE WHEN TRAVELING TO COMMUNICATE WELL THEN THIS IS YOUR SOLUTION! BUT ITS NOT JUST FOR PLANNING A TRIP TO ANY OF THESE COUNTRIES STATED ABOVE ALONE..... EVEN IF YOU JUST WANT TO LEARN SOME CONVERSATIONAL LANGUAGES IN ANY OF THESE COUNTRIES IN A SHORT POSSIBLE TIME THEN YOU ARE IN PERFECT LUCK...... THESE LANGUAGE EBOOKS CAN BE DOWNLOADED TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE OR TABLET LIKE E.G. IPAD, SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB, KINDLE FIRE AND SO ON ETC. OR YOU CAN EVEN PRINT OFF THE ENTIRE GUIDE IF YOU NEED TO......

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST: WITH AS LITTLE AS 1000 NAIRA ANY OF THESE LANGUAGE EBOOKS CAN BE YOURS PLUS THE FIRST 100 TO BUY GET A FREE EBOOK ON LEARNING GUITAR IN TWO WEEKS AND SOME OTHER GREAT STUFF LIKE: LEARN TO PLAY THE GUITAR EBOOK, LEARN TO READ MUSIC EBOOK, LEARN TO TUNE A GUITAR EBOOK, LEARN GUITAR CHORDS EBOOK, TOTAL ROCK GUITAR TABS AND MAKING IT AS A MUSICIAN.

TO ORDER: SEND MAIL TO DEALMATRIX@HOTMAIL.COM TO RECEIVE FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO OBTAIN YOUR COPY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

London Judge Adjourns Ibori’s Case To June 6, 2016 / Boko Haram Terrorists Now Trapped In Sambisa Forest – Military / EFCC Detains Social Investment Scheme Coordinator, Halima Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.