Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,683 members, 7,809,584 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? (13017 Views)

2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival / If You Were Asked To Preach In Your Church, What Will Be Your Message? / Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by osifred(m): 3:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
Everything must be done with moderation or decorum..respect for other people. Sharing of tracks,tapes,cv and dvd to me is a better alternative. It drive home the point more than 'shouting' in the bus.

The unfortunate thing is that they even request for offering (frEewill donation) after their message.

And to be frank most preach condenmnation and fear into people than love and grace which is supreme.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
These preachers are public nuisances. They need to be prosecuted for disturbing the peace of the environment!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by duality(m): 3:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
If it is wrong, then its also wrong to discuss politics, football or any other in a public transport.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by sunnyt1(m): 3:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
I am a christian but i see no reason why one wont consider the right and peace of other people present in the bus, why not apply a one-on-one method, its more effective. If muslims are doing same in the North, christians wud find it very difficult to live there. I grew up in the North and i think each human should be respected.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by kokoye(m): 3:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
The driver is in full control of the bus ....so he decides.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by KDULAR: 3:04pm On Sep 25, 2013
It is wrong unless fellow commuters give their unanimous consent
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by afdynamic(m): 3:06pm On Sep 25, 2013
It is very very very very very very very very WRONG.

Why wil sumone be preachin on a public transport 4 God's sake. It doesnt make sense at all. It's a public transport & nt a christian congregation transport. Wat if as he is preachin, a muslim too stood up 2 preach to his pple on board ( i hv seen any muslim does dat b4 2 b honnest), a traditionalist 2 stood up 2 preachin 2 his own pple too.... No b pandemonium dat one go cause. Let the truth b said, it is totally wrong. Atleast, it is common on d street, junctions & nobody complains. Public transport doesnt make sense.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:07pm On Sep 25, 2013
It is an offence under the law called; Disturbing the Peace..

Same as;

- Playing your music too loud.

You cant walk into a Bus and start shouting unless you have the permission of everybody in the bus to do so..

Why do you think that they cant preach in Aircrafts..

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Isiterere(m): 3:10pm On Sep 25, 2013
both the preacher and the driver are wrong , if I need any sort of preaching I know where to get 1 .
Am not in need of unsolicited preaching abeg.
Give me tract, is left for me to read or throw it away.

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by naijathings(m): 3:11pm On Sep 25, 2013
its is not bad... but not right.
some of them just open their mouths and talk like programmed robots.. as if they crammed what they are "preaching"..
just because there is no law against noise in 10 commandments then u see these people makin noise.. especially ChoSen people. Those people need to b punished for the way they worry with loudspeakers and PA .
anoda people na those door to door people... if u tell them u r born again.. then they start a debate. WTF.
why dont they go to maidugiri or north Korea and preach if they really serious about winning souls. No.. they will not.. why.. cos they might lose thier lives.
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 25, 2013
I find it annoying undecided

On my way to lagos from awka, this man was preaching for at least 1 hour and a half. I remember I tried to sleep, he nudged me to stay awake. angry After, he was giving out envelopes asking for donations - a minimum of N500. undecided I gave my envelope back empty.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by OmoAlata1(f): 3:17pm On Sep 25, 2013
yes it is wrong, you should not force your religion onto people. Christian are the most hypocrite when it comes to religion. They'll start forcing their religion on you anyhow they please. But the minute you start talking about your non Christian religion, they'll start speaking in tongue and quoting bible to rebuke you. Bunch of hypocrites

BTW, I was born into a Christian home, so don't call me a hater

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by LeStylo: 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2013
adaobi123: I find it annoying undecided

On my way to lagos from awka, this man was preaching for at least 1 hour and a half. I remember I tried to sleep, he nudged me to stay awake. angry After, he was giving out envelopes asking for donations - a minimum of N500. undecided I gave my envelope back empty.
Lol! Had a similar encouter enroute PH, he actually started rebuking the spirit of sleep for waiving people's attention! I was like undecided who dem be?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by mspee(f): 3:44pm On Sep 25, 2013
It's not really wrong sha, but the annoying thing is when you begin to hear something like 'sow a seed to support God's work, and you will be blessed'. Like seriously?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by tdbanks: 3:47pm On Sep 25, 2013
If he doesn't collect offering or market all them multi-functioning drugs afterwards, it's ok.
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 25, 2013
There is nothing wrong with it. However, in my own opinion, sharing tracts or other christian literature will suffice in a bus. I think it is more convenient because the driver will not be distracted and passengers who are not disposed to reading the materials can also quietly decline.
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by sylve11: 3:53pm On Sep 25, 2013

see dem see dem babylonias nar wan support God's work. lol grin cool
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by muzeze77: 3:56pm On Sep 25, 2013
its wrong, the preacher is distracting the bus driver
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by MrRogers: 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2013
it is very wrong for anybody to be preaching in public transport cos public transport is for everybody irrespective of your faith and in the spirit of fairness i dont think either a muslim preacher or a christian preacher should inconvenience others.i used to hate it when i was in abuja and everyday one is bombarded with preaching in el rufai buses even when it is bodly written no preaching in the buses, anyone who raises objection is scorned upon and if that person happens to be a muslim, he will be branded boko haram........ its not fair to people of other faith....... it is common among christians though muslims do it too.
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Infomizer(m): 4:08pm On Sep 25, 2013
OlowoTee:

That powerful name need not be abbreviated, please. If you could write every other word clearly spelt, pls let His name -JESUS be clearly spelt out too...wink. Tenks! cheesy
Why not let bros jay be the judge of that? That i believe the police is my friend does not make me a police officer... #justsaying
P.s: i think it is wrong. Except if every kinda religion is repped on that bus and allowed to preach one after the other in the bus. That'll be some madass road trip man! I'm sure the trend will fade out if this becomes the case!
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Tayeni(m): 4:09pm On Sep 25, 2013
duality: If it is wrong, then its also wrong to discuss politics, football or any other in a public transport.
that's a wrong analogy my friend. Religion is a very strong and dividing factor. Besides, you said "discussion".....which is a two way thing. I hv to consent to and participate in a conversation to make it a discussion. But being preached at at d top of ur lungs especially wen we r cramped togeda in a metal might earn you a "please STFU"..........I'd say dt nicely ofcourse.. I'm a gentleman.
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by theripper3: 4:14pm On Sep 25, 2013
There aint no law against it. So it's legal.
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2013
I really dnt like it, cos these people never talk about new topic aside frm the ones we hear in churces every sunday , the most surprising thing is that i have not seen a muslim preach inside bus bfr and its not as if God doesnt ask them to preach his gospel too. They should go and preach in overseas buses or airplane and see if they would not be taken for psychiatric evaluation. Religion is being taken too far

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by badmeat(m): 4:37pm On Sep 25, 2013
It is wrong to preach in d bus,it is wrong to put loud speakers outside the mosque n church!its wrong to carry out religious acts outside ur place of worship without police permit,Nigeria is a secular state damn itangry

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by badmeat(m): 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2013

oh girl!I think say na London u dey live,u don come back?
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Mccullum: 4:40pm On Sep 25, 2013
It is wrong, very wrong, even if you go to European countries & other advance nations where christianity came from, they don't preach in the bus, why Nigerians always abuse anything we adopted while some used it as systemic begging, irrespective of any faith you belongs to it is wrong, let's call a spade, a spade, absolutely wron!

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by daryoor(m): 5:01pm On Sep 25, 2013
ludaris has a group call DTP, thats what nigerian christains are.
Distubing The Peace

what do u call having a congregation of 7 members but still use loud speakers that can be head 7 streets away.

What do u call holding a vigil in the middle of the night in a residential area.

What do u call preaching loudly in a bus when im planning the strategy to apply for the job interview i travel all the way from ph to lag for.

Every time the muslim do thesame the christains say : ''awon oniranu yen tun ti bere''

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by babs4all: 5:07pm On Sep 25, 2013
It is obvious dat we don't have any regard for other people's feelings in this country despite our cultural and religious complexities. Why must u disturb my peace when we all paid our fare? Each time this thing happens in a bus am commuting in, I feel disturbed. This madness dont exist in advanced countries where there is mutual respect. We are too religious in Nigeria but extremely ungodly.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by epmmiks: 5:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
Enemy of progress

Tayeni: Yes its wrong. For me...... most of time I'm reading something or mentally preparing for something or simply want my quiet while traveling or commuting. It annoys me when that happens....d same reason its wrong for religious organizations to blast their public address syst outdoors in a residential area.
This is causing quite a rift in my otherwise peaceful neighborhood today.
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by ashlamonki: 5:35pm On Sep 25, 2013
Its absolutely wrong. U better go meet boko haram pple. Frankling speaking, the preaching is nt having any positive effect in our society,it has been turned to exercise. So be warned!
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Sall(m): 5:39pm On Sep 25, 2013
It is cimpletly wrong

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

500 Billion Pounds Questions For Christians / Valentine Celebration Is Forbidden In Christianity / What You Wear To Church Really Matter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.