Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,183 members, 7,953,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:53 PM

Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? (13226 Views)

2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival / If You Were Asked To Preach In Your Church, What Will Be Your Message? / Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by kismo(m): 11:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
chimkaire: sad grin angry grin grin
:DDon't stop asking. @ post, I find it disturbing. Are U telling me about Christ yet again or judging (that's often the tone). I doubt anyone has been led to Christ right in a bus on transit!
Not at all. I meant to say if the Government had wanted to prohibit preaching in the bus, it would have been boldly written on the bus. There is a saying that "where there is no law, there is no sin." Even when I was not in support of him preaching at that point in time, there was little or nothing I could. So, the best I did was to make use of my handsfree device. Me just dey listen to music while he and the driver dey do dia own.
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by kismo(m): 12:03am On Sep 27, 2013
Wow! I love the comments of everybody. Honestly, some so-called preachers could be very annoying. On the 10th September, I boarded a cab from Orita Challenge to Mokola, before I knew what was happening, a guy started preaching against ladies wearing trousers, fixing their hairs(i.e using weavon), earrhng, etc. It was very irritating.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by mustaphaquduz: 10:52am On Sep 27, 2013
[i][/i]it is very bad cos not everybody want 2 hear i remembered last friday wen i board a bus goin 2 agbara so inside the bus was an old islamic scholars with full beards nd a woman also alighted d bus 4rm alakija wen he saw d man he started singing abusive song in the bus but d man just continue wit his own zikr(remembrance of Allahl) wit his rosary beads so wen d woman came down he now shout at the man . now luk at dis u know if d man did not keep silent it can lead 2 sumtin else. it is very bad cos not everybody want 2 hear i remembered last friday wen i board a bus goin 2 agbara so inside the bus was an old islamic scholars with full beards nd a woman also alighted d bus 4rm alakija wen he saw d man he started singing abusive song in the bus but d man just continue wit his own zikr(remembrance of Allahl) wit his rosary beads so wen d woman came down he now shout at the man . now luk at dis u know if d man did not keep silent it can lead 2 sumtin else. it is very bad cos not everybody want 2 hear i remembered last friday wen i board a bus goin 2 agbara so inside the bus was an old islamic scholars with full beards nd a woman also alighted d bus 4rm alakija wen he saw d man he started singing abusive song in the bus but d man just continue wit his own zikr(remembrance of Allahl) wit his rosary beads so wen d woman came down he now shout at the man . now luk at dis u know if d man did not keep silent it can lead 2 sumtin else.
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by shoody: 9:32pm On Sep 27, 2013
It's so hypocritical of xtians to listen to a woman preacher blaring her voice over a mega phone , yet the same bible being thumped and refereed to says "women are not expected to preach in the church". The Christ they claim to emulate says he comes like a meek lamb, tell me what is meek about the countenance of most of the self righteous preachers we seventies days?
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by wallmosh: 11:20am On Sep 28, 2013
Lilimax:
Well said!
Preaching in the bus is still better than forcing someone to accept your religion at gun point angry.

That is great. You one way or the other aiming to media point that islam spread by JIHAD!!!!
Kindly pick up your bible, take a look at Luke 19:27

Luke 19:27

English Standard Version (ESV)

27: But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

Is this not the concept you guys claimed for the Jihadists.

Meet more for it enlightment

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Adwexky(m): 1:02am On Oct 06, 2014
donedy:

If you're so keen in saving souls, why not do it Boko haram. Their process is swift, or better invite them to your house and preach to them.
Boko Harams are not the only unfidels on earth, they are many of them, around us. So why tempting God when souls are yet to be saved in your sorroundings.
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by ojimbo(m): 7:21am On Oct 06, 2014
Ugom87:
It is 100% right,if u dnt want to listen u bend down and close ur ears.
i was born christian but ur type made me hate christians. You folks are to proud and arrogant
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Orikinla(m): 10:00am On Oct 06, 2014
No.
But you must preach with the permission of the owners of the public transport.
I preached the good news of the Kingdom of God on public transport buses for over 11 years in Lagos. And my good news was well received even by Hausa Fulani Muslims and pagans.
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 06, 2014
Shame on the driver that denied the people the choice to listen to or not to listen to the preacher.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Emessy(m): 7:00pm On Oct 06, 2014
I have never experience such , But It Is totally wrong and such acts might lead to religious conflicts , and later on the same so called christians will blame Muslims for it , and also shout EXTREMISTS EXTREMISTS
Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Boss13: 9:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
Tayeni:
Yes its wrong. For me...... most of time I'm reading something or mentally preparing for something or simply want my quiet while traveling or commuting. It annoys me when that happens....d same reason its wrong for religious organizations to blast their public address syst outdoors in a residential area.
This is causing quite a rift in my otherwise peaceful neighborhood today.

I will lock up any mad man shouting on public address system in the name of religion. It is very gross, rude, unethical and stupid. Also, I have noticed such practice is very common with these radical Christian sects called lord's chosen. I thank God for my neighborhood, where you are properly scrutinize before you gain access but in the case anyone tries such, I shall unleash dogs on you.

It is VERY WRONG to preach in public places whether buses, schools, planes or otherwise. A public place is where a lot of people with different perception about life gather. Would you consider it nice, for a Moslem brother to preach about Islam to you in a bus?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? by Oloruntobi4382(m): 9:05am On Aug 19, 2017
Operation revive old threads

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil / Can Someone Explain First Fruit / New Photos Of Children Who Survived Reigners Church Collapse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.