Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,171 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? (12297 Views)

Is Jesus Really God? / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Is Anointing Oil Still Relevant In The New Testament? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by roymary: 2:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough: Jesus can come suck my balls. grin grin

God go forgive cos you no know Wetin u dey do.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by jking001(m): 2:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

No! it is you who lack common sense and the ability to think on your own. OK, I lack common sense but let's do some common sense test.

Scientific Common sense: is the wall wet? (Yes/No)
Man goes to wall, touch it, says yes the wall is wet.

Religious common sense: Who is God?
Omini-present, Omini-potent, awesome, forgiving, strong, mighty, blah blah blah.

Where is he? In heaven above

Scientists went as far as Mars, no sign of God.

So where the hell is God? You'll see him when you die.

Dead people don't talk, so who's to confirm his existence?

Never mind, just pay your tithes and offering and you'll have a place in his golden kingdom. grin grin

Is that what you call common sense? I wonder how Christians buy these $hits

Have you ever seen or exprienced spiritual or supernatual works of any form in your life be it black magic or white magic if you have then you don't need to doubt the supernatural,apart from that do you have course that people can go and study and teach other about love?if not forget it you have no point.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Kennedyiheme: 2:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
Bossforeva: mtcheew! Nobody will clap 4 U cox u are on ur own. O.Y.O
he gave his answer, give yours, u cnt kill someone for not believin jesus, its all abt choice.

As for me its a NOOOOOO because he doesn't exist. If he does, tings would be beta but its worse, nigerians has been prayin to this jesus since the day this country started, not a single thing has changed in this country, it only gets worse
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Dannylux: 2:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
Broadly written.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by chrisley024(m): 2:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ofcos u need d source of life.
U're dead already without Him.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Evalsam1(m): 2:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
He's more than relevant , that's why he is the SAVIOUR , ALMIGHTY , THE KING OF KINGS and THE LORD OF LORDS. He never failed and he remained de same. Hmm ! this kind GOD I never see ur TYPE.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 11, 2013
Yes! Jesus is very very very very relevant. Without Jesus, nothing can be done nor achieved. Jesus is ever living.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
Nashville: Is Jesus still relevant today? All I can say is that I have seen real life miracles in my own life. I am not talking about church testimonies, I have seen the real power of God at work and I can tell you that Jesus is even more relevant today than ever before. Jesus is real if you believe him and give him a chance. Unfortunately, most people just never give him that chance to prove himself to us.

Those living abroad may question the relevance of Jesus because they live in organised societies where things are very predictable. But in 9ja, na God dey do everything. Even our president relies on God to fix all the problems.

Can't decide if you are being sarcastic or not; isn't it a failed nation that depends on God for solutions; why shud the President depends on God ? will God fix our roads and solve our problems ourselves; this is one of the issues i have with African mentality and Religion. anyway Jesus is relevant in our society after all Christianity to some point instills good morals and virtues in people that's if you can look past the Blood it has claimed though.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by coolzeal(m): 2:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
jking001:

JESUS is not an african thing he's worldwide,the picture means nothing its the message behind the picture that means everything,you think we are fools think again,life would be meaningless without him,if you say its just an illusion try and create one,who would teach us love and forgiveness ?or do they teach that in schools?life should never be viewed from one perspective go learn about JESUS bro.
Is what is morally good commanded by God because it is morally good, or is it morally good because it is commanded by God?.. Jesus is not white and the first church was build in Ethiopia.. research Lalibela
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
coolzeal: A picture of a white man with blue eyes posting in almost all the churches in Africa(black nation). Brainwashing the masses as the messiah, ridiculous. Sorry man, it is just an illusion, he does not exist.
I pray u no what'sup before is too late for u!
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Opawale(m): 2:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
Nashville: Is Jesus still relevant today? All I can say is that I have seen real life miracles in my own life. I am not talking about church testimonies, I have seen the real power of God at work and I can tell you that Jesus is even more relevant today than ever before. Jesus is real if you believe him and give him a chance. Unfortunately, most people just never give him that chance to prove himself to us.

Those living abroad may question the relevance of Jesus because they live in organised societies where things are very predictable. But in 9ja, na God dey do everything. Even our president relies on God to fix all the problems.

lol..una jus dey contradict una selves. so ur "Jesus" no dey work fr abroad Abi?
make una no go read una bible wella. Not d edited n falsified ones o...ehen.

abeg wey dat fish dey sef.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
kolawaxxy: How relevant is Mary? grin grin *runs out of thread *

If Catholiks catch you eh
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 11, 2013
Mujah1deen: Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illallah “I bear witness that there is no god except Allah” Wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan rasulullah “And I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.”

You seem confused in Christianity? You are not convinced anymore? Your pastors are crooks and your priest **** . Maybe It's time for you to embrace Islam. Recite the shahada above 3 times and join the Umah , the biggest brotherhood in the world.

Allahu Akbar

hey..............................the Americans are Coming grin
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by kennosman(m): 2:35pm On Nov 11, 2013
really apprecaite all d contribution, i carefully went tru all d comments,but i must say dis pls lets not b rude in our comments
although i don't no if idris is asking a question or giving an answer.wat i v to say is JESUS is real and more than relivant in dz
our days.i just hope he find this book to read and everyone else dat happen to come across dis post den u v d right answer to
ur question or watever it is dat is bugging u. The purpose driven life by rick warren. thnkx, kennosman
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by GODWINGODSON(m): 2:38pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

Religion of realistic Science. grin

Cheers
Pls drop your number here's mine 08065151048 let's relate okay am not judging maybe you haven't encoutered JESUS OF NAZARETH BEFORE THE MESSIAH i'll introduce you to him k? You will find fulfillment and joy
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 11, 2013
pc guru:

Can't decide if you are being sarcastic or not; isn't it a failed nation that depends on God for solutions; why shud the President depends on God ? will God fix our roads and solve our problems ourselves; this is one of the issues i have with African mentality and Religion. anyway Jesus is relevant in our society after all Christianity to some point instills good morals and virtues in people that's if you can look past the Blood it has claimed though.

I am not being sacarstic. Jesus is relevant to all men and yes, I was taking a swipe at Mr. President for his percieved incompetence.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Ourboss: 2:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Infomizer(m): 2:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
Not to every one!!

rudedough:

Who gave you the right to choose for everyone?

We all need JESUS OXYGEN. grin
As a matter of fact!! Oxygen works for much more people than jesus does!

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
clnzo: sorry pls answer ds question.wre will u get to wen u die, heaven or hell!

When you die your body decompose just the same way your house rat dies and decay, you're going no where dude. grin grin

If God lives up above and your soul must travel to meet him when you die. Using your logic:

My soul would have to travel for over 705,000,000 KM.

An average man sprints at a speed of 15MPH.

If your logic is correct, my soul would run for 3,425 years at full speed just to see God. grin grin grin

SMH undecidedChristians are a very rare species to behold.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2013
Opawale:

lol..una jus dey contradict una selves. so ur "Jesus" no dey work fr abroad Abi?
make una no go read una bible wella. Not d edited n falsified ones o...ehen.

abeg wey dat fish dey sef.

You may lack understanding. All I said was that those living abroad have more predictable lives and seem to neglect God and his existence due to the predictability of their lives.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Swiftlee(m): 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

When you die your body decompose just the same way your house rat dies and decay, you're going no where dude. grin grin

If God lives up above and your soul must travel to meet him when you die. Using your logic:

If your logic is correct, my soul would run for 3,425 years at full speed just to see God. grin grin grin

SMH undecidedChristians are a very rare species to behold.
^^^
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Knownpal(m): 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2013
Honestly this shouldn't be debated on. What else do you want as prove? He gave His life for you to be saved from the world's punishments and troubles. He inspired men of divine calling to put in writing what he has done in the past just for you to say it's a fabricated book, must it be when you are in trouble that's when you would know him? Best for you to accept Him now.You've been reading about him still you doubt..I pray you won't regret your actions.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Infomizer(m): 2:50pm On Nov 11, 2013
pc guru:

You response was quite germane. However, i feel that the mistake millions (minions) make is that they feel godless(aka unbelievers) peeps are evil and bereft of morals. It's not so.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Infomizer(m): 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

If your logic is correct, my soul would run for [b]3,425 years
at full speed just to see God. grin grin grin

SMH undecidedChristians are a very rare species to behold.[/b]
Well put bro! Just thought i should add that the soul would run for at least 3,425 years! grin
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by ckkris: 2:54pm On Nov 11, 2013
Christ Jesus is Very, VERY relevant to this and every generation of mankind.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by fiercehillz(m): 2:54pm On Nov 11, 2013
We all need Jesus irrespective of our religious orientation or moral background
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
nutty_hnic:

I really wouldnt blame nor condemn you though......I learnt about Christ on my own years ago when i went through the bible and ever since then i believe so much in HIM.....THe problem is the people who God put in charge has decided to fatten themselves instead of the sheep...they have corrupted christianity so much just as it was predicted as far back as Jeremiah......

If God needs you My Friend, he ll call you, just don't engage in anti-christian propaganda because of them many CORRUPT Churches so that your condemnation will be mild smiley

Dude! On which phone will God call me? Who give am my number?

You did not find Christ on your own. You were brainwashed and you bought/were given the storybook bible.

After studying it for sometime, you suddenly started sowing seeds, paying tithes and offerings, giving thanksgiving etc.

You even gave your thanksgiving in form of livestocks (Chicken, goats, cows etc) and your sharp-guy pastor sold it right before your eyes and calls it "HARVEST".

How else can we explain brainwash?
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by trolling(m): 2:58pm On Nov 11, 2013
I'm instructed to destroy the gods of the nations, yall keep praying to the figment of a white man's imagination, blonde hair and blue eyes when my script tells me he was the ugliest man on earth, here goes for your heyZeus, he can kiss my @$$

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Apostle Paul's Brutal Message To Galatian Christians On The Gospel Of Grace / How Could you claim you Know God Yet Lack Power To Work? / "Child Witches" Of Akwa Ibom - Story By Umari Ayim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.