Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

When I Visited Dubai! My Views On Arab-muslim Women Changed - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / When I Visited Dubai! My Views On Arab-muslim Women Changed (5672 Views)

Princess Adeola Ogunwusi: “How My Father Becoming Ooni Has Changed My Life” / Hausa, Igbo And Yoruba / 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When I Visited Dubai! My Views On Arab-muslim Women Changed by onila(f): 7:21pm On Oct 04, 2013
U can enjoy Dubai with a lil cash

trust me! just looking @ dubai rich pple on the road grin

emirates mall

but it will be cheaper for you to live with someone than stay in their expensive/pricey hotels
Re: When I Visited Dubai! My Views On Arab-muslim Women Changed by Empiree: 12:35am On Oct 08, 2013
You have to understand that islamic law, while it permits women to work and own properties and their own businesses, whatever profits they make from it, they are under no obligation to spend a dime on household or on their husband out of it. Allah places responsibilities of household on men 100%. If muslim wife works, she keeps her money. Out of love for her husband in time of hardship, she may choose to share it or not. So don't be suprised if u see many arab women at home talking and shopping. Its real freedom. I barely see arab women at work in us. It doesn't mean backwardness or oppression. Turn down media. They are crazy.

1 Like

Re: When I Visited Dubai! My Views On Arab-muslim Women Changed by Fulaman198(m): 2:17am On Oct 08, 2013
Empiree: You have to understand that islamic law, while it permits women to work and own properties and their own businesses, whatever profits they make from it, they are under no obligation to spend a dime on household or on their husband out of. Allah places responsibilities of household on men 100%. If muslim wife works, she keeps her money. Out of live for her husband in time of hardship, she may choose to share it or not. So don't be suprised if u see many arab women at home talking and shopping. Its real freedom. I barely see arab women at work in us. It doesn't mean backwardness or oppression. Turn down media. They are crazy.

That is because women who wear Hijab in Western countries especially the United States are discriminated against. That is why you do not see many Muslim women working.
Re: When I Visited Dubai! My Views On Arab-muslim Women Changed by Empiree: 3:24am On Oct 08, 2013
Fulaman198:

That is because women who wear Hijab in Western countries especially the United States are discriminated against. That is why you do not see many Muslim women working.

That's not necessarily true sir. Yes, some Muslim women are discriminated against cus they wear hijab but that's not the case here.
Re: When I Visited Dubai! My Views On Arab-muslim Women Changed by Fulaman198(m): 6:23am On Oct 08, 2013
Empiree:

That's not necessarily true sir. Yes, some Muslim women are discriminated against cus they wear hijab but that's not the case here.

What country is that? In the United States and France I can tell you Muslims are discriminated against. I am not too sure about England though.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

T.d Jakes Is From Igbo Ancestry / Early History Of The Niger-congo Speakers (igbo, Yoruba, Fulani, Mande, Etc) / This Dictionary Proof Yoruba Are Speaking Original Hebrew Language Of The Torah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.