Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,594 members, 7,816,469 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. - Career (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. (254936 Views)

Graduate Interns At HCDC Limited / Salary of Federal Hospital Interns In Nigeria? / Pharmacists And Pharmaceutical Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Rexsul: 6:07am On Nov 15, 2013
#me@:
I hope this thread wnt die after all.
Pls continue wt d thread even after all dx introduction.
StillReppnIfeFamasi
i 4 fear o say hw dem go move ds thread enter front page u no go comment
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by manjiggy(m): 6:12am On Nov 15, 2013
Hi guys, I'm Manboy, greatest Ife. I'm a pharmacist and I'm into drug production. I want to use this forum to inform us that we should not forget the science of the profession. Most of us want to be clinicians, but we should also be able to compound extemporaneous medications in our various clinics and community pharmacies. It's an idea that young and experienced pharmacists can throw to the decision makers for implementation. God bless
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by manjiggy(m): 6:16am On Nov 15, 2013
Capableben: I am puzzled- dont know wether to go for pharmacy or chemical engineering..........
pls my loving pple advice me.

give me job prospects too
If you don't love being a pharmacist, you might just be frustrated in school. It's not about job prospect, it's about your interest.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 6:28am On Nov 15, 2013
Wow wow woooooooowww.. This is good. Just hoping pple won't abandon this thread after it leaves the front page. The thread is on the career section. pls do check from time to time. I remain Deola, repping OOU.. As men of honour.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by delpharm(m): 6:31am On Nov 15, 2013
200L OOU Rx std ..As men of honor ...
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by delpharm(m): 6:33am On Nov 15, 2013
manjiggy: Hi guys, I'm Manboy, greatest Ife. I'm a pharmacist and I'm into drug production. I want to use this forum to inform us that we should not forget the science of the profession. Most of us want to be clinicians, but we should also be able to compound extemporaneous medications in our various clinics and community pharmacies. It's an idea that young and experienced pharmacists can throw to the decision makers for implementation. God bless

compounding...thats d ishh
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 6:38am On Nov 15, 2013
Gerrard59: ^^

Thanks.

By the way, do we even have pharma companies sef? Cos as far as i am concerned, the likes of Emzor and co are just advanced chemist stores.
Haha, emzor has a manufacturing outlet at isolo. I don't know if its as big as tuyil @ ilorin. I don't know the reason why they don't sponsor research tho. Buh pharmacists who want to go into research would be wise to go in through NIPRD at internship level.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 6:40am On Nov 15, 2013
delpharm: 200L OOU Rx std ..As men of honor ...
I c u Dele!! How jacking dey go nw?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by tolurx(m): 6:50am On Nov 15, 2013
wow.........
what happened here overnight.The thread is suddenly back to life.it's nice to know we are this much here and it's nice to have you all here.pls dont leave when this isn't on fp anymore.welcome@ all.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Ajpharm(m): 7:13am On Nov 15, 2013
I greet all the pharmacist on this thread. let us remember that as men of honor we join hands........ I rep university of Lagos.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by GentleMimi: 7:25am On Nov 15, 2013
Homguy: Inter pharmacist OAUTHC ,ile-ife, osun state
wow! I hail ooooo! I did my internship there too*white house tins*.....lol! I'm a chemical pathologist(biomedical sc).Hope u're enjoying the place?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by mariyaizah(f): 7:31am On Nov 15, 2013
hello everyone,am mariya,200l px university of lagos,i saw one post d@ my collegue in 500l posted,yer life in d faculty can be mad..nyways am just starting,many more experiences on the way,but one thing that interests me z that our pcg department,u wld be using microscope n think u av seen something,when u call the lecturer to see bfor endorsing,she wld start saying she cant see when almost all of them are using glasses,esp one person..cant mention tho..but am sure she is a pain in the neck to some people,have a good day u guys!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Ajpharm(m): 7:41am On Nov 15, 2013
Pharmacy is quite tough, but you can do anything through endurance and hardworking. let's not forget that is a professional course so everything you have learnt will still be used in practice. it is not a course of la cram la pour. Pharmacy school can frustrate hen.....

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Ajpharm(m): 7:45am On Nov 15, 2013
mariyaizah: hello everyone,am mariya,200l px university of lagos,i saw one post d@ my collegue in 500l posted,yer life in d faculty can be mad..nyways am just starting,many more experiences on the way,but one thing that interests me z that our pcg department,u wld be using microscope n think u av seen something,when u call the lecturer to see bfor endorsing,she wld start saying she cant see when almost all of them are using glasses,esp one person..cant mention tho..but am sure she is a pain in the neck to some people,have a good day u guys!
Especially Mrs Dada abi? All those cognosy lecturers get issue. starting from Dada, Showemimo, Ajayi........ How could I forget the H.O.D of cognosy, Prof Odukoya. Some people talk say that woman na witch.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Capableben(m): 7:48am On Nov 15, 2013
Gerrard59: Hi peeps

Do any pharmacy school in we country offer Biologics in their curriculum?
Biologics are medcines/drugs gotten frm the sythenzination of the human moleclues, unlike the traditional pharma that is chemically sythenzised. And it is the fastest growing segment in the bio industry cos of its low side effects, cheaper model though more compex.

pls am an aspirant.........
bt am still confused o..........
what do pharmacists do
i knw they produce drugs

Are they the ones i see in pharmacies
Thats not what i wanna be o
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 15, 2013
I thought i was going to see interesting/ stimulating conversation here....I'm actually a little bit embarrassed by this thread.....
Maybe there is a need to separate aspirants from pharmacists...or maybe I'm expecting too much?

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 8:04am On Nov 15, 2013
Bludeville: I thought i was going to see interesting/ stimulating conversation here....I'm actually embarrassed by this thread.....
Maybe there is a need to separate aspirants from pharmacists...or maybe I'm expecting too much?

Buh Ure not a pharmacist neither are you a student. Famzing is not allowed here, pls leave.

2 Likes

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 15, 2013
adeola_drg:

Buh Ure not a pharmacist neither are you a student. Famzing is not allowed here, pls leave.
LMFAO.
Presumptuous much?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Rexsul: 8:23am On Nov 15, 2013
stil preparin 4 a.b.u post ume though currently studyn biochemistry ......being a pharmacist hs alwz been my drm n i biliv it must come true by God's grace. dats y i alwz follow ds thread 2 feel inspired. wen i succeed i wil alwz b gr8ful 2 my God n u guyz....plz kip d thread bubblin cos am rily enjoyn it.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by jerryile(m): 8:27am On Nov 15, 2013
Having gone through this thread from d beginning till now, I have come 2 realize that a lot of people on the thread has refused 2 recognize Pharm.D as the best option for the country. Pharm.D, is actually a global trend with more clinical orientation. Other aspects are pharmacokinectics, pharmacoeconomics, pharmaceutical care, pharmacotherapeutic drug monitoring. It is both product as well as patient oriented program. Our utmost duty is to save lives n d end beneficiaries of this program, are d patients. For those interested in product aspect of the profession, its there, for those who want more clinical knowledge, its there, so what are we waiting for? All ma UNIBEN peeps I see u - wiki, pascal, josh.
#team Greatest UNIBEN#
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by somtea(m): 8:45am On Nov 15, 2013
Obinoscopy: Hi everyone, I'm a pharmacist. I schooled in the only University of Nigeria...lol. I'm also an epidemiogist and a public health expert.

It's an honour being amongst you all. As men of honour...we join hands smiley.

Oga super lion. A hail oo,we sef go soon reach thr

2 Likes

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 8:49am On Nov 15, 2013
We know pharmD is the best option for the country. And trust me PSN and PCN are working tooth and nail towards that. This was discussed during the last AGM meeting and a court case is what would allow FMOH run pharmD in the teaching hospitals. Prof Fola Tayo explained all these clearly and I'm still looking for d jotter I wrote stuffs in. When I find it sha.

@bludeville I'm sorry for sounding so rash. If Ure a Rxcist, then introduce urself..
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Homguy(m): 8:53am On Nov 15, 2013
manjiggy: Hi guys, I'm Manboy, greatest Ife. I'm a pharmacist and I'm into drug production. I want to use this forum to inform us that we should not forget the science of the profession. Most of us want to be clinicians, but we should also be able to compound extemporaneous medications in our various clinics and community pharmacies. It's an idea that young and experienced pharmacists can throw to the decision makers for implementation. God bless
Manboy! Boss weldone. I was in prt 4 when u graduated. Gud to know u are here bro. Keep reping sir.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Ranchhoddas: 8:56am On Nov 15, 2013
Greetings from a 400l px...UNN
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Homguy(m): 8:57am On Nov 15, 2013
Patiegurl: Hi co-pharmacists, 300l OAU. Well ifefamasi have been ok, bt sumtyms stressful xpecially d labnotes part
i j ust graduated from there. You will too soon.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 9:00am On Nov 15, 2013
Capableben:

pls am an aspirant.........
bt am still confused o..........
what do pharmacists do
i knw they produce drugs

Are they the ones i see in pharmacies
Thats not what i wanna be o

Keep calm.. Pharmacy is the most diverse of professions I know of. There r a myriad of settings u can work in.. Pharmacists work in communities where they care out their own pharmaceutical care. Pharmacist work in hospitals( Prof Tayo said hospital pharmacy is the face of d profession, wah doyu guys think?), industries( another giant sector).. military, press , banks telecommunications companies, oil companies..etc . Let Google take it from here.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by flexshop(m): 9:09am On Nov 15, 2013
AGAMALI: @flexshop: guy na only book u come read 4 dis lyf. Doc n Rxcy wetin hap. Must hv spent ova a decade in skul studyin dis stuff. Anyway I remove cap 4 u. Don't think I can even further wit M.Pharm. Skul of pxcy tired pesin abeg. #team MBA.
the idea initially was to read Med surg like every other secondary school leaver. Didn't make it in my first trial but was offered B.pharm, read it den proceeded on direct entry to read the med surg later. I hav a friend who has double degree like me too (DVM and B.pharm)
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by FiZYoH(m): 9:22am On Nov 15, 2013
Pleased to be among yu guys of noble profession n honour. UJ Rx graduate. One lov
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by slord(m): 9:28am On Nov 15, 2013
Tee cube: Hi, I just got admitted into unibadan 4 pharmacy. I'd like to be enlightened on what I should be expecting in ui as a px student. Thanks in advance
hey u welcum to d premier university! Im a uite thou nt a pharmacy stud,wish u 'safe journey',cngratulatns
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by stefikal(f): 10:03am On Nov 15, 2013
KingMEXX: Registering my presence. guess I deserve to be flogged for not knowing our day cry

same here
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by stefikal(f): 10:08am On Nov 15, 2013
Ajpharm: Especially Mrs Dada abi? All those cognosy lecturers get issue. starting from Dada, Showemimo, Ajayi........ How could I forget the H.O.D of cognosy, Prof Odukoya. Some people talk say that woman na witch.

hmmmm...make our lecturers no catch una oooo...i no dey oooo
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by stefikal(f): 10:10am On Nov 15, 2013
mariyaizah: hello everyone,am mariya,200l px university of lagos,i saw one post d@ my collegue in 500l posted,yer life in d faculty can be mad..nyways am just starting,many more experiences on the way,but one thing that interests me z that our pcg department,u wld be using microscope n think u av seen something,when u call the lecturer to see bfor endorsing,she wld start saying she cant see when almost all of them are using glasses,esp one person..cant mention tho..but am sure she is a pain in the neck to some people,have a good day u guys!

lolzzzz...d labs are just splendid...#Note the sarcasm but i still dont picture my self studying any other course...#PharmacistsRock

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (88) (Reply)

Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.