Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,367 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. (254925 Views)

Graduate Interns At HCDC Limited / Salary of Federal Hospital Interns In Nigeria? / Pharmacists And Pharmaceutical Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Ubechu1(m): 12:29pm On Nov 08, 2013
#me@:

after going through your entire posts on NL, I come to the conclusion that your even confused about what you want for yourself.
Sorry for sounding this way but this is me, lets say it the way it is.
Is it Physics, Maths, Vet Med, Elect Elect , Pharm or Medicine you want ??
Which is which?
Sit and think, the choice is yours.
I havent answered ur question, I knw, but this, no doubt, will help a bit.
yes of cos u are saying the truth...I once thought about studing physics becos of the nature of admission this days...I wrote my first jamb in d year 2011 for medicine and surgery, but I scored 173 I did'nt sit 4 putme then, so I wrote anoda jamb in 2012 for medicine and I scored 249, I sat 4 putme in UNN and ABSU and I did'nt get medicine in either of them. So I started contemplating on any other course I could buy the suplementary form and gain admission into the university instead of staying at home becos in UNN, I was told I can buy suplementary form for any science related course provided that I have five credits in my WAEC, so I began to surf the whole web looking for an alternative, in case am to end up there. It made me to have thoughts for those courses, but that was not my mind..but unfortunately, I did'nt knw when the suplementary form ended... That made me put in for jamb this year and I scored 215, my first and second choice is UNN and I sat 4 the putme and scored 260...when the first list came out, I did'nt see my name in Medicine and Surgery, so I decided to buy suplementary form for Veterinary medicine...and am still waiting for the second list to be published...but I hv a frnd in UNN studying Pharmacy 200level, he was in Plant science and biotech. Before he changed to Pharmacy, so he told me that if I get into Vet. Med. In UNN and perform well in my 1st year, lyk getting a CGPA of 4.00 and above that I might cross to either Pharmacy or any Allied medical course, but that changing to medicine and surgery is very difficult unless I hv long legs in the college of medicine
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ubechu1: yes of cos u are saying the truth...I once thought about studing physics becos of the nature of admission this days...I wrote my first jamb in d year 2011 for medicine and surgery, but I scored 173 I did'nt sit 4 putme then, so I wrote anoda jamb in 2012 for medicine and I scored 249, I sat 4 putme in UNN and ABSU and I did'nt get medicine in either of them. So I started contemplating on any other course I could buy the suplementary form and gain admission into the university instead of staying at home becos in UNN, I was told I can buy suplementary form for any science related course provided that I have five credits in my WAEC, so I began to surf the whole web looking for an alternative, in case am to end up there. It made me to have thoughts for those courses, but that was not my mind..but unfortunately, I did'nt knw when the suplementary form ended... That made me put in for jamb this year and I scored 215, my first and second choice is UNN and I sat 4 the putme and scored 260...when the first list came out, I did'nt see my name in Medicine and Surgery, so I decided to buy suplementary form for Veterinary medicine...and am still waiting for the second list to be published...but I hv a frnd in UNN studying Pharmacy 200level, he was in Plant science and biotech. Before he changed to Pharmacy, so he told me that if I get into Vet. Med. In UNN and perform well in my 1st year, lyk getting a CGPA of 4.00 and above that I might cross to either Pharmacy or any Allied medical course, but that changing to medicine and surgery is very difficult unless I hv long legs in the college of medicine
bro.... Port to any uni in the south west..... My advice tho
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Ubechu1(m): 1:11pm On Nov 08, 2013
Tommybob: bro.... Port to any uni in the south west..... My advice tho
embarassedmy intentions ryt nw after getting admission in Vet. Med. In UNN this year, while in School, I would pick a Jamb form for Medicine and fill in either UNN or UNIBEN.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Johncuppa(m): 4:12pm On Nov 08, 2013
Help pls! Pls is there univ in southwest dat will accept B.tech in Chemistry wt 2-1 for d.e into d d dptment of pharmaceutical chemistry? Pls help be answering d question. Tanx
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ubechu1: yes of cos u are saying the truth...I once thought about studing physics becos of the nature of admission this days...I wrote my first jamb in d year 2011 for medicine and surgery, but I scored 173 I did'nt sit 4 putme then, so I wrote anoda jamb in 2012 for medicine and I scored 249, I sat 4 putme in UNN and ABSU and I did'nt get medicine in either of them. So I started contemplating on any other course I could buy the suplementary form and gain admission into the university instead of staying at home becos in UNN, I was told I can buy suplementary form for any science related course provided that I have five credits in my WAEC, so I began to surf the whole web looking for an alternative, in case am to end up there. It made me to have thoughts for those courses, but that was not my mind..but unfortunately, I did'nt knw when the suplementary form ended... That made me put in for jamb this year and I scored 215, my first and second choice is UNN and I sat 4 the putme and scored 260...when the first list came out, I did'nt see my name in Medicine and Surgery, so I decided to buy suplementary form for Veterinary medicine...and am still waiting for the second list to be published...but I hv a frnd in UNN studying Pharmacy 200level, he was in Plant science and biotech. Before he changed to Pharmacy, so he told me that if I get into Vet. Med. In UNN and perform well in my 1st year, lyk getting a CGPA of 4.00 and above that I might cross to either Pharmacy or any Allied medical course, but that changing to medicine and surgery is very difficult unless I hv long legs in the college of medicine
eya sorry.

You would have gone for pre-degree considering the fact that your scores were althogether low.

Im sure you knw all the advantages of pd; making up for the deficienfy you had in sec schl inclusive, which consequently increases your performances @ the externals.

Geting in OAU is easier thru pd let me tell you, cos d post-utme are almost mainly A-level stuffs whc are tot in d pd prog.

Bla bla bla, also, make sure u have passion for pharmacy, else you would be frustrated and might invariably drop out.

I tell you, its the passion that keeps you going at a point, not intelligence or whatnot.
All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 08, 2013
Johncuppa: Help pls! Pls is there univ in southwest dat will accept B.tech in Chemistry wt 2-1 for d.e into d d dptment of pharmaceutical chemistry? Pls help be answering d question. Tanx

for masters or what?
If for B.Pharm, then i tell u, the degree is integrated, u can only specialize at postgraduate level, not undergraduate.
Ok, more over, your best shot is to go and confirm yourself @ d dean office of each school.
You could get their contacts online, email nd fone numbers.
Al d best
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 08, 2013
Janko, I see u :/:/:/ hope u are reading??
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Ubechu1(m): 4:50pm On Nov 08, 2013
#me@:

eya sorry.

You would have gone for pre-degree considering the fact that your scores were althogether low.

Im sure you knw all the advantages of pd; making up for the deficienfy you had in sec schl inclusive, which consequently increases your performances @ the externals.

Geting in OAU is easier thru pd let me tell you, cos d post-utme are almost mainly A-level stuffs whc are tot in d pd prog.

Bla bla bla, also, make sure u have passion for medicine, else you would be frustrated and might invariably drop out.

I tell you, its the passion that keeps you going at a point, not intelligence or whatnot.
All the best.
okk...are u in OAU studying Medicine? Can you inbox me your phone no...so dat we can talk better on whatsapp
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 8:11pm On Nov 08, 2013
R u kidding me? Is #me@ a female?? Wowww!! I av to meet her. PM ur pin Biko...

Well, PSN national conference concluded yesterday and it was really big! Splendid, to say the least. I had a wonderful time.

The court cases coming up shortly btw PCN + PSN against the doctors ( not necessarily against) is going to shape the profession. We can only pray for them, this doctors av too much political power but then, there's nothing God cannot do.

Get ready for PharmD, get ready to have licensure exams after graduation before u can work as a pharmacist.. Just how it is in the UK and US.. More to come later, make I go rest..

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 8:17pm On Nov 08, 2013
Gerrard59: Thanks Mr. dreded very much.

What do yu guys say abt the kwara chapter chair of PCN that an average pharma earns 45k while an average doctor earns about 180k?

I think this is true.. Pharmacy in Ilorin is just developing.. And the PSN chairman of Kwara state actually said that to the governor of the state during the opening ceremony on Tuesday. He asked for more salaries for pharmacists so that more people can comman practice in Kwara. The Governor also asked us to comman build more industries in his state.. Lool, nothing is free in dis our obodo naija..
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 8:31pm On Nov 08, 2013
adeola_drg: R u
kidding me? Is #me@ a female?? Wowww!! I av to meet her. PM ur pin
Biko...

Well, PSN national conference concluded yesterday and it was really big!
Splendid, to say the least. I had a wonderful time.

The court cases coming up shortly btw PCN + PSN against the doctors (
not necessarily against) is going to shape the profession. We can only
pray for them, this doctors av too much political power but then,
there's nothing God cannot do.

Get ready for PharmD, get ready to have licensure exams after graduation
before u can work as a pharmacist.. Just how it is in the UK and US..
More to come later, make I go rest..
good voluntary job, may God bless u
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
Good job adeola, more grease to ur elbow.
Uche, pls i dont want to extend outside nl.
M sorry.
Lets say evrytin here.
Adeola also, wat an honour buh....
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by agabaI23(m): 9:08pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ubechu1: embarassedmy intentions ryt nw after getting admission in Vet. Med. In UNN this year, while in School, I would pick a Jamb form for pharmacy and fill in either UNN or OAU or UNIBEN. That was why the B.Pharm and PharmD question came in cos I knw that UNN and OAU gives unclassified B.Pharm while UNIBEN gives unclassified PharmD. And am from Imo State
Pharmacy is Not meant for people who wanted to study med surg but failed. You won't enjoy the course. You will sulk. You won't be able to advise a doctor. To You he will be a God. Go do a course you want and leave pharmacy alone. It is not an alternative to Medicine.

5 Likes

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 2:17am On Nov 09, 2013
agabaI23: Pharmacy is Not meant for people who wanted to study med surg but failed. You won't enjoy the course. You will sulk. You won't be able advise a doctor. To You he will be a God. Go do a course you want and leave pharmacy alone. It is not an alternative to Medicine.
1million likes
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by baebyfaze91(m): 10:31am On Nov 09, 2013
agabaI23: Pharmacy is Not meant for people who wanted to study med surg but failed. You won't enjoy the course. You will sulk. You won't be able to advise a doctor. To You he will be a God. Go do a course you want and leave pharmacy alone. It is not an alternative to Medicine.
U'v jst spoken my mind.....
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by baebyfaze91(m): 10:33am On Nov 09, 2013
adeola_drg: R u kidding me? Is #me@ a female?? Wowww!! I av to meet her. PM ur pin Biko...

Well, PSN national conference concluded yesterday and it was really big! Splendid, to say the least. I had a wonderful time.

The court cases coming up shortly btw PCN + PSN against the doctors ( not necessarily against) is going to shape the profession. We can only pray for them, this doctors av too much political power but then, there's nothing God cannot do.

Get ready for PharmD, get ready to have licensure exams after graduation before u can work as a pharmacist.. Just how it is in the UK and US.. More to come later, make I go rest..
u're a darling....May God strengthen you
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 09, 2013
baebyfaze91:
u're a darling....May God strengthen you
amen
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Ubechu1(m): 12:44pm On Nov 09, 2013
Thank you evry one for ur advices, I reli appreciate them, and I think this can help me go a long way...*winks*
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by DJMONACO(m): 7:46pm On Nov 09, 2013
I need an OAU pharmacy senior to help me part 1 syllabus-even if its nt in full;I got admitted long time ago but since I have been doing my reading using my phone.I feel sometin is amiss cos I dnt know d exact tins I need to know.dts y am posting dis. I'd appreciate it even if it be a hint on nxt sessions work .
I'd appreciate any help
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by missdee1(f): 1:26am On Nov 10, 2013
Dayo, 500L Unilag reporting
@stilbeez I can see u're here again cheesy
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 4:30am On Nov 10, 2013
miss dee: Dayo, 500L Unilag reporting
welcome ma
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Rexsul: 8:46am On Nov 10, 2013
Medical lab. scientist hs been freed from d pathologist.........hmmmm...i think d med. doctors r begining 2 lose d fight in d health sector
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 10, 2013
Rexsul: Medical lab. scientist hs been freed from d pathologist.........hmmmm...i think d med. doctors r begining 2 lose d fight in d health sector
dey suld just go to hell for all I care.
@miss dee, ekaabo.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Breezy90(m): 11:21am On Nov 10, 2013
well come miss dee.unilag student also..
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Breezy90(m): 11:33am On Nov 10, 2013
Rexsul: Medical lab. scientist hs been freed from d pathologist.........hmmmm...i think d med. doctors r begining 2 lose d fight in d health sector
doctors and dier ego sha..one day things will actually turn out ryt..I hope dey visit oda countries and see how they operate
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by missdee1(f): 12:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
Breezy90: well come miss dee.unilag student also..
Cool! wah level?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by docsholz(m): 12:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
Breezy90: doctors and dier ego sha..one day things will actually turn out ryt..I hope dey visit oda countries and see how they operate
and how do they operate?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Breezy90(m): 1:05pm On Nov 10, 2013
miss dee:
Cool! wah level?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Breezy90(m): 1:09pm On Nov 10, 2013
doc sholz: and how do they operate?
u clearly know wat is goin on in our health sector 2dai..so we dnt nid drag dis issue here..peace
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 6:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
#me@:
Good job adeola, more grease to ur elbow.
Uche, pls i dont want to extend outside nl.
M sorry.
Lets say evrytin here.
Adeola also, wat an honour buh....

Bet y nw? Issokay...
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Hoyeenz(f): 10:42pm On Nov 10, 2013
Hehehe If I'm not here, where else will I be?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 2:39am On Nov 11, 2013
Hoyeenz: Hehehe If I'm not here, where else will I be?
somewhere with some pharm. books.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (88) (Reply)

Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.