Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article (48035 Views)

Sunnah Of Friday / Reminder: Sunnah Of Friday (picx) / The Rights Of A New Born Baby In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by toluene12: 7:57am On Sep 28, 2013
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by toluene12: 7:58am On Sep 28, 2013
Ingestion of honey in neonates causes infant botulism. This is due to presence of bacterial spores in honey. The spores germinate and produce toxins.
The toxin causes paralysis, floppiness and sudden death in neonates.
I'm sure no doctor will recommend honey as a remedy for neonatal hypoglycemia, and neither should you.
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by yusful4all: 8:54am On Sep 28, 2013
S.A:w
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by kalybaly: 9:04am On Sep 28, 2013
Nairatalks:

I am a muslim.

You have to understand, Islam is becoming divided. We have the intolerant islamists undermining the efforts of the sensible muslims.

Jut yesterday, some muslims were talking about having continuous dialogue with young muslim men so that they wouldnt be radicalised and then, something like Westgate wont happen. Somehow, the discussion turned when some muslims started deflecting it to Western imperialism and occupation of Muslim lands.

You see, any sensible muslim would discard the op. It is a ridiculous claim. No muslim scientist would give credence to these claims. How does it make sense to hang the validity of the Quran on newly discovered scientific breakthroughs that have not been thoroughly researched? What if the sugar gel has some major side effects later discovered? Would you start saying that the Quran supports such?

Did the Quran or hadith specifically say that sweet things should be given to premature babies?

I tire for these falsehoods!
its not a quranic word but a hadith. its quite simple. And d writer did not base ds fact on d authenticity of d quran. Allah signs are limitless... and ds is just one in all.
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 28, 2013
Nairatalks:
I am a muslim.

How does it make sense to hang the validity of the Quran on newly discovered scientific breakthroughs that have not been thoroughly researched?

What if the sugar gel has some major side effects later discovered?

Would you start saying that the Quran supports such?

Did the Quran or hadith specifically say that sweet things should be given to premature babies?

Jazakumullah Khaeran !!
May Almighty Allah keeps Enriching your knowledge !!

I don't think the Op meant evil nor trying to validate the Qoran with Scientific resolutions. It is not worthy of doing so since Scientific axioms change when there is change in Nature or new knowledge/discovery found!!

Therefore we muslims should be careful to premiered some axioms on Science !!

Nevertheless, it is noteworthy of proclaiming where Science agrees with Islam and where there is divergence for the sake of Knowledge !!

Almighty Allah never wishes harm for any of us, and there is no proclamation in Qoran/Mohammed that is Harmful unless the Harm we wished ourselves ...........God is not subjective we are the one that is myopic !!!
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by golpen(m): 11:37am On Sep 28, 2013
toluene12: Ingestion of honey in neonates causes infant botulism. This is due to presence of bacterial spores in honey. The spores germinate and produce toxins.
The toxin causes paralysis, floppiness and sudden death in neonates.
I'm sure no doctor will recommend honey as a remedy for neonatal hypoglycemia, and neither should you.

Every pill taken consists of an active ingredient used to tackle the an illness which is mostly only a very little percentage of the entire pill. Other ingredient may either be useless or even harmful to the body, but are needed as enhancements . Some pills have in them a size of starch (as carriers to enhance firmness), some, caffeine or even cocaine (as stimulants), glucose family (as sweeteners) and so on.

A particular dosage method is required so as not to get affected by either the active or passive ingredients. Caffeine can be very dangerous as you know, but a little of it in your pill is no harm.

Honey is prescribed to be rubbed in the inner cheek of the baby, which is definitely a very almost negligible amount of it, that the body immunity of the baby can consume, whereas the glucose content of the honey can be as helpful.

Dates are a very good source of glucose, and the prophet's S A W routine of mashing dates into the babies' mouths is still commendable.

However, this is not to claim that science is our means of justifying Islam. Islam is built on the fact that there is no god/deity worth of worship except ALLAH (swt), the lord of the worlds, the banisher of distress and that Muhammad is HIS prophet and messenger, just like Abraham, Moses, Jesus and all others who came before him.
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by golpen(m): 11:59am On Sep 28, 2013
donroxy: Jazakumullah Khaeran !!
May Almighty Allah keeps Enriching your knowledge !!

I don't think the Op meant evil nor trying to validate the Qoran with Scientific resolutions. It is not worthy of doing so since Scientific axioms change when there is change in Nature or new knowledge/discovery found!!

Therefore we muslims should be careful to premiered some axioms on Science !!

Nevertheless, it is noteworthy of proclaiming where Science agrees with Islam and where there is divergence for the sake of Knowledge !!

Almighty Allah never wishes harm for any of us, and there is no proclamation in Qoran/Mohammed that is Harmful unless the Harm we wished ourselves ...........God is not subjective we are the one that is myopic !!!

Being apologetic about issues is not the best in any way. The fact is if science should deviate from what path ALLAH (swt) and the prophet S A W have laid for us, then it is science that has become myopic and we muslims should hold fast to the right path.

Science, as being so nosy and curious, has to spend some time in confirming their findings, hence, every finding remains a theory until proved as a fact. Therefore, every theory that doesn't go in line with islam is false, but let them go probe every theory that goes with islam, the outcome is always proved a fact because, ALLAH that owns islam, owns the worlds, the humans making the findings about the worlds and the findings themselves. No matter how dynamic they all change, they all boil down to ALLAH's awareness and to HIM our return.
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 28, 2013
I say science can not overcome its Creator Who inspires man to seek scientific knowledge. Science is always shifting based on our now knowledge and not because it is not constant with God. Scientist will continue to perfect science until it agrees with the constant that is with God. And medicine is not an exact science. so when the messenger [sa] made the ritualistic robbing on the cheeks, good sense should tell us to imagine how small the amount of what wass robbed on the small cheeks of the small baby, by the Inspiration of God; Very very small. so little that it could have been less than a small pea size. the small finger will have to be used to apply it, for sure.

@mazaje;
by mazaje(m): 8:48pm On Sep 27
This is completely misleading. . .When does rubbing sugar gel on a baby's cheeks equate to putting dates or honey inside a baby's mouth?. . .The research said the gel is to be robbed on the baby's cheek, which can serve as a treatedment for a baby born prematuredly, that is completely different from Tahneek which is putting something sweet, such as dates or honey, in the child’s mouth when he is first born. Putting honey inside a newly born baby's mouth is harmful to the baby. . .
have you known any sugar for that is not in the class of 'something sweet'? why are you trying to classify sugar as if it is not from the 'something sweet' family as honey, dates are?

if you have 'bitter' sugar that can be called not from the 'something sweet' family like dates or honey, let us have a look and the manufacture will have to be you, deserving a nobel price for chemistry, for sure.
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 28, 2013
golpen:
Being apologetic about issues is not the best in any way. The fact is if science should deviate from what path ALLAH (swt) and the prophet S A W have laid for us, then it is science that has become myopic and we muslims should hold fast to the right path.

Science, as being so nosy and curious, has to spend some time in confirming their findings, hence, every finding remains a theory until proved as a fact. Therefore, every theory that doesn't go in line with islam is false, but let them go probe every theory that goes with islam, the outcome is always proved a fact because, ALLAH that owns islam, owns the worlds, the humans making the findings about the worlds and the findings themselves. No matter how dynamic they all change, they all boil down to ALLAH's awareness and to HIM our return.
Ma'am I sounded Apologetic to you right ....hmmm, That is the way I usually convey my own message so as to satisfied parties across board !!!

Your resolution above is the same thing that I summarised here,the tone u conveyed yours and the way I conveyed mine is what differs
donroxy:
We HumanBeing are still myopic when it comes to Allah !!!

Who knows all about Allah,Allahu Allam !!!
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by golpen(m): 2:55pm On Sep 28, 2013
donroxy: Ma'am I sounded Apologetic to you right ....hmmm, That is the way I usually convey my own message so as to satisfied parties across board !!!

Your resolution above is the same thing that I summarised here,the tone u conveyed yours and the way I conveyed mine is what differs
We HumanBeing are still myopic when it comes to Allah !!!

Who knows all about Allah,Allahu Allam !!!

Forstly, I don't think the (m) in front of my name stands for ma'am.

Bet it that you can never satisfy both parties without rendering yourself apologetic. The way we conveyed our messages is different because we aren't saying the same thing. your message was praising the accused, a supposed troll, sitting on the fence of the issue and expecting a scientific prove to endorse islam. Then you were waiting if scientific axioms will change because nature changes.

Yes we are myopic when issues come to ALLAH and why shouldn't we follow that which is being prescribed to us by HIM through HIS messengers? Why should we wait on fellow myopic human to approve what the perfect has decreed?
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by sordique81(m): 7:24pm On Sep 28, 2013
''We hear and we obey'', may Allah blessings be upon the unlettered Prophet.

1 Like

Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by mazaje(m): 7:40pm On Sep 28, 2013
RoyPCain:

@mazaje; have you known any sugar for that is not in the class of 'something sweet'? why are you trying to classify sugar as if it is not from the 'something sweet' family as honey, dates are?

if you have 'bitter' sugar that can be called not from the 'something sweet' family like dates or honey, let us have a look and the manufacture will have to be you, deserving a nobel price for chemistry, for sure.

what exactly are you on about?. . .didn't you see where date and honey was written, i copied the definition from the main article itself. . .The thing is the research was focused on babies born prematurely and they the recommendation is for the gel to be rubbed on their cheeks not to be ingested , how that comes close to putting date or honey into a new born baby's mouth is what i don't understand. . .The same science says honey is bad for newly born babies. . .
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 28, 2013
@mazaje; didn't you say 'something sweet' and seemed by your statement that the sugar you chose is not 'something sweet' like dates and honey? is there any sugar you know that will not fall under 'something sweet' like dates and honey have fallen into it?

below is what you posted. so tell me where i am misrepresenting you.

by mazaje(m): 8:48pm On Sep 27
This is completely misleading. . .When does rubbing sugar gel on a baby's cheeks equate to putting dates or honey inside a baby's mouth?. . .The research said the gel is to be robbed on the baby's cheek, which can serve as a treatedment for a baby born prematuredly, that is completely different from Tahneek which is putting something sweet, such as dates or honey, in the child’s mouth when he is first born. Putting honey inside a newly born baby's mouth is harmful to the baby. . .

where do you think the robbing of gel on; the 'outside' skin part of the cheeks or for easy and quick absorption the part of the cheeks inside the mouth?
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by mazaje(m): 11:12am On Sep 29, 2013
RoyPCain: @mazaje; didn't you say 'something sweet' and seemed by your statement that the sugar you chose is not 'something sweet' like dates and honey? is there any sugar you know that will not fall under 'something sweet' like dates and honey have fallen into it?

below is what you posted. so tell me where i am misrepresenting you.

where do you think the robbing of gel on; the 'outside' skin part of the cheeks or for easy and quick absorption the part of the cheeks inside the mouth?

The glucose gel is to be robbed on the premature baby's cheek. . it is not to be ingested according to the report , learn to read. . .That recommendation is very different from putting honey or date into a newly born baby's mouth. . .The recommendation was solely for babies born prematurely. . .
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 29, 2013
^ even a person with fish brain knows when you 'rob' something sweet on the wall of the cheeks, inside the mouth, its gonna be absorbed without any doubt.

normally, what is sweet you dont spit out. new babies will not spit it out, for sure and where do you think it goes except absorbed into the body so that it serves its purpose of why it was 'robbed' on the cheeks.

even if it is in your mind that it is robbed on the skin, outside, dont you know that it will penetrate the skin to do the job of which it is expected to do? its not like the light used to cure jaundice. its for internal part that is inside the topmost of the skin.

the best of condition may have its exception, which is my there are some situations that the best efforts would not bring the desired results. come off whatever you are on and face reality. if you put something sweet in the mouth, eventually you will absorb it and it does not have to be large quantity before it works.

let me say something to you and i am finished with this back and forth with you; science will continue to fine tune scientific knowledge until it arrives at where Islam has been standing all along.
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 01, 2013
golpen:

Forstly, I don't think the (m) in front of my name stands for ma'am.

Bet it that you can never satisfy both parties without rendering yourself apologetic. The way we conveyed our messages is different because we aren't saying the same thing. your message was praising the accused, a supposed troll, sitting on the fence of the issue and expecting a scientific prove to endorse islam. Then you were waiting if scientific axioms will change because nature changes.

Yes we are myopic when issues come to ALLAH and why shouldn't we follow that which is being prescribed to us by HIM through HIS messengers? Why should we wait on fellow myopic human to approve what the perfect has decreed?
Yes, I was lazy to edit my 'ma'am' when I discovered U aint one !!!

U have to analysed my posts for me because it seems u re confused about my post .........I only extolled where the ''troll'' got it right and cautioned where he got it wrong !!!

I praised that ''troll'' for reminding we muslims not to premiered axioms of Islam on Science while I also Notified him of ''harmlessness in OP'' !!!

The reason why I praised the ''troll'' was because, some muslims may started justifying Islamic philosophy via Scientific axioms and when Such Scientific axioms changes, then such people may started getting confused !!!

Almighty Allah never seek to force any of us to belief, infact, Allah challenged us to be convinced before we Worship , because, If we are not convinced, how will we worship ?

Islam is a total way of Life and Islam encourages seeking for Knowledge, that is why I said, ''for the purpose of knowledge, we can discuss were Islam and Science converge and differs ......

No matter what, Allah(SWT) never wishes any of us any Harm !!!

Now, what is Apologetic about the whole explanation above, did u expect me to bite the troll abi are we not encouraged by Allah(SWT) and Mohammed(SAW) to convey the message of Allah(SWT) with best of the best manner !!!

Ok oooo, Next time, I shall Insult the Troll if that's what U expect !!
Re: Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article by golpen(m): 11:35pm On Jul 14, 2014
donroxy: Yes, I was lazy to edit my 'ma'am' when I discovered U aint one !!!

U have to analysed my posts for me because it seems u re confused about my post .........I only extolled where the ''troll'' got it right and cautioned where he got it wrong !!!

I praised that ''troll'' for reminding we muslims not to premiered axioms of Islam on Science while I also Notified him of ''harmlessness in OP'' !!!

The reason why I praised the ''troll'' was because, some muslims may started justifying Islamic philosophy via Scientific axioms and when Such Scientific axioms changes, then such people may started getting confused !!!

Almighty Allah never seek to force any of us to belief, infact, Allah challenged us to be convinced before we Worship , because, If we are not convinced, how will we worship ?

Islam is a total way of Life and Islam encourages seeking for Knowledge, that is why I said, ''for the purpose of knowledge, we can discuss were Islam and Science converge and differs ......

No matter what, Allah(SWT) never wishes any of us any Harm !!!

Now, what is Apologetic about the whole explanation above, did u expect me to bite the troll abi are we not encouraged by Allah(SWT) and Mohammed(SAW) to convey the message of Allah(SWT) with best of the best manner !!!

Ok oooo, Next time, I shall Insult the Troll if that's what U expect !!

I guess this post in question is a very old one and I'm so lazy right now, I don't want to trace it.

but my point is that we should follow what Allah states in the Qur'an without waiting for any scienctific backup. even if their philosophy change away from what the Qur'an has stated, then itbis science that is wrong! simple.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel / When Is Sallah Day In Nigeria? / Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.