Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Nigerian Suffers Suspected Racist Attack In Northern Ireland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Suffers Suspected Racist Attack In Northern Ireland (632 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / Ikedi Ohakim And Wife At Daughter's Graduation In Ireland (photos) / Pics Of Heavy Equipment Recovered From Boko Haram's Failed Attack In Maidugury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Suffers Suspected Racist Attack In Northern Ireland by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2013
Nigerian suffers suspected racist attack in Northern Ireland

Author(s): Chidi Okoye

A Nigerian national, Yisa Kehinde, said she has been left terrified after an axe was thrown through the window of her living room in Belfast, the capital of Northern Ireland.

Authorities are treating the incident, which happened at about 2 a.m. on Wednesday, as a hate crime.
Kehinde said she was on the sofa in her living room when the axe smashed through the window.

“I was really, really upset,” she said.
“I have never been in that situation in my life. I only moved into that house about a year ago and never had any trouble.

“When I heard the noise I thought it was a shot, then I saw the axe or hatchet and the big hole in my window. I was screaming at the top of my voice and shaking like a leaf. Luckily, my children were in their rooms.

“I didn’t see whoever did this, but think it was because of the colour of my skin.”
House where two Nigerian men were racially attacked last month
House where two Nigerian men were racially attacked last month
The 40-year-old Nigerian said she has lived in Belfast, Northern Ireland’s largest city, for about 10 years without any such incident.

The latest attack is coming less than a month after a house, where two Nigerian men lived in east Belfast came under attack.
Below is the House where two Nigerian men were racially attacked last month

http://telegraphng.com/2013/09/nigerian-suffers-suspected-racist-attack-northern-ireland/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Re: Nigerian Suffers Suspected Racist Attack In Northern Ireland by BB013(m): 3:48pm On Sep 25, 2013
ETT

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan To Step Down As Nigeria President Come November 27 / National Dialogue: NLC Backs Jonathan, Wants Unity / Stella Oduah Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.