Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,147 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here (37425 Views)

My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies / Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Demainman1: 12:38pm On Oct 10, 2013
m.k.o2005:

See below my reply to Condour :
''What do you think Christ is doing with your tithe ? You think he will put it in the sewage and get it flushed ? Or do you also think that becos you have tithed and then you can go to sleep without affecting also the lives of ur neighbors who are in need ? It's all encompassing mate ! It's just like saying becos i have prayed,i need not to fast. Or becos i have studied the bible i need not to fellowship with other believers ! No. You have to do all these without leaving the others undone !- When some people came to Jesus and said his mother,brothers and sisters are outside waiting to see him and he asked them who his brothers,sisters and mother are ? That it's only the people listening to HIS word at that very moment are his brothers,sisters and mothers,does that now mean Christ has no mother,brother and sister ? Please let the holy spirit guide you in these words and stop fighting Christ like Paul did thinking you are fighting for God !''
How many times did Christ speak concerning adultery and divorce in the bible ! If He christ spoke just once positively or negatively about a thing,does it not go to tell you that HE has maintained HIS stance concerning that thing ! You said he spoke to the pharisees concerning tithing and i asked you why didn't HE support them on the issue of Adultery which is equally the Law ? Why did HE not support them concerning divorce and certificate of divorce which is equally law? Why did He support the 'Tax Law' ? He equally paid the temple tax that HE was not suppose to pay and made it very clear that HE isn't suppose to pay it ! Why did he go against the stoning of the adulterous women inspite of the fact that it was lawful to stone ? Why did He go against the Laws of washing of hand before eating ? Why did He support his disciples when they exempted themselves from the Lawful fasting? Now,concerning Mathew 23:23,was HE scared to tell the pharisees and scribes that they were not suppose to continue tithing that HE openly and clearly stated and admonished them to CONTINUE TO TITHE and yet HE could condemn them for other ones they did mentioned above ? Christ is not scared of anyone either in the pre-Law days,Law era or post Law period !
Mathew 23:23''“What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens,but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. [b]You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.''[/b] Jesus no dey fear anyman no wonder he corrected them to do JUSTICE,HAVE MERCY AND BE FAITHFUL' From the scripture above,Justice,Mercy and faithfulness including tithing were all inclusive in the Law but taken from the PRE -Law DAYS that need not to be changed but be carried out properly. And when Jesus saw that they only did justice to tithing leaving out Justice,Mercy and Faithfulness even as they present their tithe,Jesus warned them to do everything very well and never condemned any of the four !
I don tire with una abeg. After all i no dey collect tithe. Make una do as una mind tell una !

God help us

Na the same thing i tell you just like Jesus said when he rebuked the Pharises. Tithe if you are a Pharises because it is your custom and tradition but do not neglect the weightier things like LOVE and JUSTICE. To we the Chhristians (follower of Jesus Christ), no where did the master tell us to TITHE as a show of appreciation, rather he adviced us to LOVE GOD and Love our neighbours!!

BE CHARITABLE, DO GOOD, LOVE GOD, LOOK AFTER THE WIDOWS and ORPHANS and the NEEDY and it shall be well with you!!

4 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 12:48pm On Oct 10, 2013
Tayeni: @mko.....please don't read anybody's write up when you r doing this......I want you to Compare different versions of d bible when doing this......use a concordance if you hv to. Compare d book of Daniel where shedrach and his buddies were thrown into fire. Where king nebuchard'( a pagan king) said d fourth man lOoked "like" d "son of God". Which was a loose phrase dt could hv meant an angel or a celestial being. Also the word "like" takes away d certainty in d statement. And even if he said so with certainty,I won't take d word of a pagan king as if it were from God.
Also I want you to compare Mathew 7:3...........d same way. Notice d word "like" was used in both places. The expression " in d order of......." also means; in similitude(after d fashion of). Paul was ciomparing d priesthood of Jesus to dt of melchi......as it were. He never said Jesus was Melchi.
See below what Paul said before he started the story of Christ and Melchizedek :
There is much more we would like to say about this, but it is difficult to explain, especially since you are spiritually dull and don’t seem to listen. 12 You have been believers so long now that you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things about God’s word.You are like babies who need milk and cannot eat solid food.For someone who lives on milk is still an infant and doesn’t know how to do what is right. 14 Solid food is for those who are mature, who through training have the skill to recognize the difference between right and wrong.''
I used king James and you are accusing me of heresy becos king James said like a son of God and other translation even said that the fourth man in the fire was God ! Looking at it;son of God and God is same though.Now tell me tayeni,did i write the bible ? Why are you hitting me this hard ? Did i quote 'QUEEN ELIZABETH VERSION TO YOU' ? Was it not scripture i quoted ? If God can make donkey see the truth that men have refused to see,how come you are fighting with God for revealing to a pagan king that it was Christ who was the fourth man in the fire with the three hebrew Children ? The mad man at Gadara,when he saw Jesus did he not bow and identify that it was Jesus the messiah son of the most high God? Even the devil knows that there is Christ how much more a pagan ! God please give these my brothers understanding of your words. Concerning Jesus bein Melchizedek,what then do you want me to show you that i have not said here in past 3 days ? What do you think is the essence of the book of Hebrews ? When the writer used the statement;''JESUS IS THE HIGH PRIEST ACCORDING TO THE ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK 7 TIMES IN HEBREWS 5,6 AND 7 do you think it was for fun ? You are still asking and tell me that Paul never said Jesus was Melchizedek !
Go through the below scriptures having Hebrews 5:11-14 in mind :

Hebrews 5:6''And in another passage God said to him, "You are a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek."
Hebrews 5:10''And God designated him to be a High Priest in the order of Melchizedek.''
Hebrews 6:20''where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.''
Hebrews 7:11''If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood--and indeed the law given to the people established that priesthood--why was there still need for another priest to come, one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron?''
Hebrews 7:15''This change has been made very clear since a different priest, who is like Melchizedek, has appeared.''
Hebrews 7:17 ''And the psalmist pointed this out when he prophesied, "You are a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek."
Hebrews 7:21 ''but there was an oath regarding Jesus. For God said to him, "The LORD has taken an oath and will not break his vow: 'You are a priest forever.'"

God help us
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:54pm On Oct 10, 2013
Pls all u supporters of tithe should just shut up cuz none of u all are making a single sense.
i decided to study tithe for the first time in my life when i heard the pastor in my church shouting so confidently that no christian on earth can be succesful in life without paying tithe to the church. immediately i was struck in the heart to find out the truth for myself. I studied the bible and discoverd the simple truth of tithe, The tithe was eaten by those who received tithe and those who gave tithe, the poor, widow, motherless,fatherless received tithe and did not give tithe, But today pastors looked left and right they did not see any excuse for collecting tithe so they came up with the lie that tithe is for building the house of God, and no body is supposed to eat the tithe not even the pastor or the members of the church.
pls all the tithe supporters kindly show me where it is written in the bible that tithe is for building a brick and cement house u call church or to further the work of God.

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 12:57pm On Oct 10, 2013
Demain_man:

Na the same thing i tell you just like Jesus said when he rebuked the Pharises. Tithe if you are a Pharises because it is your custom and tradition but do not neglect the weightier things like LOVE and JUSTICE. To we the Chhristians (follower of Jesus Christ), no where did the master tell us to TITHE as a show of appreciation, rather he adviced us to LOVE GOD and Love our neighbours!!

BE CHARITABLE, DO GOOD, LOVE GOD, LOOK AFTER THE WIDOWS and ORPHANS and the NEEDY and it shall be well with you!!
It will be hard for you to LOVE God if can not decode that loving God is showing appreciation also to God !
BE CHARITABLE, DO GOOD, LOVE GOD, LOOK AFTER THE WIDOWS and ORPHANS and the NEEDY and it shall be well with you!! . Do you see fellowshiping with fellow believers as an admonition there? Do you see praying and fasting there ? is wholistic ! It's all encompassing ! You forget just one thing,it is,if you like do all the good works there are in this world,help all the needy people in the world,do charitable work like bill gate and charity herself,if you dnt love God,there is no salvation for you ! The next question you should be asking should be,what is loving God ?

God help us
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2013
EMILO2STAY: Pls all u supporters of tithe should just shut up cuz none of u all are making a single sense.
i decided to study tithe for the first time in my life when i heard the pastor in my church shouting so confidently that no christian on earth can be succesful in life without paying tithe to the church. immediately i was struck in the heart to find out the truth for myself. I studied the bible and discoverd the simple truth of tithe, The tithe was eaten by those who received tithe and those who gave tithe, the poor, widow, motherless,fatherless received tithe and did not give tithe, But today pastors looked left and right they did not see any excuse for collecting tithe so they came up with the lie that tithe is for building the house of God, and no body is supposed to eat the tithe not even the pastor or the members of the church.
pls all the tithe supporters kindly show me where it is written in the bible that tithe is for building a brick and cement house u call church or to further the work of God.
E never reach for insult abeg !
Pray to God to show you !

God help us all
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by honeric01(m): 1:10pm On Oct 10, 2013
m.k.o2005:

It will be hard for you to LOVE God if can not decode that loving God is showing appreciation also to God !
BE CHARITABLE, DO GOOD, LOVE GOD, LOOK AFTER THE WIDOWS and ORPHANS and the NEEDY and it shall be well with you!! . Do you see fellowshiping with fellow believers as an admonition there? Do you see praying and fasting there ? is wholistic ! It's all encompassing ! You forget just one thing,it is,if you like do all the good works there are in this world,help all the needy people in the world,do charitable work like bill gate and charity herself,if you dnt love God,there is no salvation for you ! The next question you should be asking should be,what is loving God ?

God help us

1: Was tithe ever for showing appreciation to God? if yes, where can this be found "verse by verse, chapter by chapter?

2: The tithe of old was a necessity because the priests then were barred from working nor owning any property in the land, so they depended on the FRUITS/FOODS brought to the church by the other 11 tribes (TRUE or FALSE)?

3: Was tithe ever paid with money during the time of old either by Abram, The other 11 tribes or whoever in the old testament?

4: Why did Jesus or any of his disciples not pay tithe while alive in the flesh? if they did, any "precise" chapter and verse to buttress this claim?

Please go straight to the point, short, precise answers will be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Candour(m): 1:24pm On Oct 10, 2013
EMILO2STAY: Pls all u supporters of tithe should just shut up cuz none of u all are making a single sense.

God bless you plenty times.

This is the deception that also made me start a detailed study of the tithe lie.

Deut 14:22-29 clearly states that all manner of tithes was for eating and it clearly spelt out the eaters which included the tither. Today's pastors stand on the Pulpit and lie that they do not eat tithe but it's for kingdom expansion.

If the pastors claim they don't eat the tithe and of course we all know the tither doesn't eat it, then who? some will lie that they use some for the poor forgetting that they also collect a special welfare offering for the same purpose. Then they'll say for running the house of God, then you wonder what the offerings collected every fellowship day is for?

Tithe is to be eaten. If pastors claim it's not eaten, then they disrespect God and flout his commandment which they are forcing others to abide by. see below

Deut 14:23
'And thou shalt eat before the LORD thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks: that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always'

Abraham gave to Melchizedek, what do you think Melchizedek did with it? Of course he took it to his palace and ate it with his people. Jesus is in heaven now, so how do i give it to him for those who say we give it to Jesus today?

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Demainman1: 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2013
m.k.o2005:

God help us

I fellowship with believers because even that was done during the apostles (They are Christians) time.
I pray because Jesus himself taught us how to pray 'Our Father' ( i don't pray FIRE, FIRE!! by the way)
I fast when i can because Jesus himself fasted for 40 days and nights

All of these were shown as example by the Master himself. None of them represent bondage like your law of TITHE.

I don't use Money (creation of MAN) to please GOD. I don't use offering (wave, seed etc) to please GOD. I don't use Church Collection to please GOD. I use THANKS and WORSHIP to please HIM. I beg him to favour me, a poor sinner! If he blesses me, i will extend that blessing to my neighbours. I know he will hear and provide for me because his is my PAPA.

Again, I can never tithe money to GOD. that is an INSULT because he doesn't need my money. He needs my soul 100%.

4 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 2:00pm On Oct 10, 2013
honeric01:

1: Was tithe ever for showing appreciation to God? if yes, where can this be found "verse by verse, chapter by chapter?

2: The tithe of old was a necessity because the priests then were barred from working nor owning any property in the land, so they depended on the FRUITS/FOODS brought to the church by the other 11 tribes (TRUE or FALSE)?

3: Was tithe ever paid with money during the time of old either by Abram, The other 11 tribes or whoever in the old testament?

4: Why did Jesus or any of his disciples not pay tithe while alive in the flesh? if they did, any "precise" chapter and verse to buttress this claim?

Please go straight to the point, short, precise answers will be appreciated.

Thanks
THE CHALLENGE YOU AND OTHERS ALIKE HAVE IS THAT YOU STILL THINK TITHING IS 'LAW' AS IN MOSAIC !-THE LAW ADOPTED A DIFFERENT FORM OF TITHING OTHER THAN THE ONE JESUS MEANT FOR ALL JUST LIKE IT ADOPTED A DIFFERENT KIND OF 'MARRIAGE ACT' OTHER THAN THE ONE JESUS MEANT !

1: Was tithe ever for showing appreciation to God? if yes, where can this be found "verse by verse, chapter by chapter? It can be found in Genesis 14:18-20 and Genesis 28:12-15 and Genesis 28:20-22.
2: The tithe of old was a necessity because the priests then were barred from working nor owning any property in the land, so they depended on the FRUITS/FOODS brought to the church by the other 11 tribes (TRUE or FALSE)? HEAVY FALSE when you want to follow the Jesus(Melchizedekal order of tithing) kind of tithing that is still strange to most of you after all the explanation done by Paul in Hebrews ! But if you like to follow the abolished levetical order of tithing,then it's TRUE !
3: Was tithe ever paid with money during the time of old either by Abram, The other 11 tribes or whoever in the old testament? The bible expecially the Melchizedekal order of tithing allows us to tithe on anything we deem fit to show appreciation to God ! Abraham gave a tenth of all he got from war(spoils of war) There could be cash,ram,turkey,Gold,silver,bronze and so on. If you also doubt me,go check the meaning of spoils of war and go through ur bible to see for urself that the tenth(God's tithe) archan stole from that gold silver and bronze were part of it. ANd we saw Abraham vowed to give tithe of ALL THAT HE POSSESS ! This also goes to show that i can tithe of all my possession including,landed properties as a real estate investor and also of my goods in the market place including my cash since they are part of all i possess.
4: Why did Jesus or any of his disciples not pay tithe while alive in the flesh? if they did, any "[b]precise" chapter and verse to buttress this claim?[/b] Jesus admonished the scribes and pharisees to continue to teach and pay their tithes even as they give credence to Justice,mercy and faith !This HE did in the presence of HIS disciples in Mathew 23:23 ! Jesus HIMSELF received tithe in Genesis 14 as a christophany but yee all fail to comprehend hence the essence of Hebrews 7 and you are still doubting ! Jesus did not receive the levetical order of tithing becos HE isn't qualified to do so ,WHY ? Becos it is the perverse kind of tithing ! It was not the original plans set out by God concerning tithing ! It is not the grace kind of tithing as we see in Hebrews and even Gen 14 before the Law !

God help us
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 2:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
I THINK I HAVE DONE ENOUGH JUSTICE TO THIS TOPIC AS THE SPIRIT LEADS. HE WHO HAVE EARS LET HIM HEAR. I AM ONLY A SERVANT OF GOD BEEN USED TO DISTRIBUTE THIS KNOWLEDGE TO PEOPLE WHO CARE TO LISTEN.
YOUR OPPOSING THE WORD OF GOD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME. THIS IS NOT ABOUT CHURCH OR DOCTRINE AS I SEE SOME TAKE IT HERE.
IT IS THE WORD OF GOD. AND IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT IS SCRIPTURAL LET THOSE WHO DO GO BY IT.
TITHING DOES NOT TAKE ANY ONE TO HEAVEN AS BEIN A MEMBER OF ANY CHURCH WILL NOT TAKE ANY ONE TO HEAVEN.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL AS I SIGN OFF SO I CAN GO MAKE SOME CASH BY HIS GRACE TO AGAIN GO BACK AND GIVE HIM THANKS EVEN IN MY SACRIFICES OF PRAISE !

GOD HELP US ALL
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Demainman1: 2:16pm On Oct 10, 2013
^^^^^ Thank you m.k.o2005, We all dey make the cash. As I dey type so, i dey count my own blessings too grin Na GOD ooo. I shall continue to thank and worship HIM while using my blessings to help my family and people around me. He does not need my money so i will not pay him for anything. I will use my money to train the Children that he has blessed me with so that they don't become useless. I will use my money to bless my parents since the Nigeria government does not provide them with any assistance hence they become helpless.

I will not bank my money in the pocket of any 'god of man' because most of them are 419s especially the Nigeria ones.

May GOD open your eyes to my level of understanding and deliver you from the bondage of 10%. AMEN!

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by MarkMiwerds(m): 2:41pm On Oct 10, 2013
m.k.o2005:

1: Was tithe ever for showing appreciation to God? if yes, where can this be found "verse by verse, chapter by chapter? It can be found in Genesis 14:18-20 and Genesis 28:12-15 and Genesis 28:20-22.
Genesis 28 does not say any tithed at all. What it says is a vow was made to give a tenth of everything IF God would meet certain requirements first. There is no verse that says Jacob ever fulfilled that vow.
2: The tithe of old was a necessity because the priests then were barred from working nor owning any property in the land, so they depended on the FRUITS/FOODS brought to the church by the other 11 tribes (TRUE or FALSE)? HEAVY FALSE when you want to follow the Jesus(Melchizedekal order of tithing) kind of tithing that is still strange to most of you after all the explanation done by Paul in Hebrews ! But if you like to follow the abolished levetical order of tithing,then it's TRUE !
But the Bible nowhere says were are to follow the "order of Melchizedekal tithing"... whatever "Melchizedekel tithing" is. Abram did tithe to Melchizedek in Genesis 14, but he did not tithe his own riches. He tithed the spoils of war to him. The Bible nowhere says Abram ever tithed of the silver and gold or cattle that he owned prior to going on his rescue mission.

Besides, Hebrews 8 reveals that we have been brought into a new covenant. Not the Old Mosaic and Levitical Law Covenant, nor any Melchizedek Covenant (if there ever was one". No, we are brought into a New Covenant. Where does that New Covenant tell us that we are to tithe our money to the Church?
3: Was tithe ever paid with money during the time of old either by Abram, The other 11 tribes or whoever in the old testament? The bible expecially the Melchizedekal order of tithing allows us to tithe on anything we deem fit to show appreciation to God ! Abraham gave a tenth of all he got from war(spoils of war) There could be cash,ram,turkey,Gold,silver,bronze and so on. If you also doubt me,go check the meaning of spoils of war and go through ur bible to see for urself that the tenth(God's tithe) archan stole from that gold silver and bronze were part of it. ANd we saw Abraham vowed to give tithe of ALL THAT HE POSSESS ! This also goes to show that i can tithe of all my possession including,landed properties as a real estate investor and also of my goods in the market place including my cash since they are part of all i possess.
If Abram's tithes included money, it was not his money... it was the spoils of war that belonged to Bera, king of Sodom. Abram did not even claim the spoils as his own. He didn't want them. He knew if he claimed them Bera would brag about making Abram rich. Abram's tithe was not his own riches. And Abram did not vow to tithe all that he possessed. Jacob vowed to give a tenth, but there is no indication in the Word of God that Jacob ever did tithe.
4: Why did Jesus or any of his disciples not pay tithe while alive in the flesh? if they did, any "[b]precise" chapter and verse to buttress this claim?[/b] Jesus admonished the scribes and pharisees to continue to teach and pay their tithes even as they give credence to Justice,mercy and faith !This HE did in the presence of HIS disciples in Mathew 23:23 ! Jesus HIMSELF received tithe in Genesis 14 as a christophany but yee all fail to comprehend hence the essence of Hebrews 7 and you are still doubting ! Jesus did not receive the levetical order of tithing becos HE isn't qualified to do so ,WHY ? Becos it is the perverse kind of tithing ! It was not the original plans set out by God concerning tithing ! It is not the grace kind of tithing as we see in Hebrews and even Gen 14 before the Law !

God help us
Jesus did not tithe because He lived under the Law. The Law demanded tithes of crops and livestock, not tithes of carpentry work. None of the Apostles was said to be a farmer or herder either. They could not tithe.

Jesus told the Pharisees to tithe what they were tithing... things grown in a garden... not money. The Pharisees were supposed to tithe because the Law required it. Jesus only told them to obey the Law that they were bound to. That was not a command for the post-cross Christians to tithe.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by EMILO2STAY(m): 3:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
m.k.o2005:

God help us all
to say 'shut up' is a commanding word and not an insult Ok!,... pls show me where tithe is used to build a church.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by EMILO2STAY(m): 3:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
m.k.o2005:

God help us all
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by honeric01(m): 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2013
m.k.o2005:

THE CHALLENGE YOU AND OTHERS ALIKE HAVE IS THAT YOU STILL THINK TITHING IS 'LAW' AS IN MOSAIC !-THE LAW ADOPTED A DIFFERENT FORM OF TITHING OTHER THAN THE ONE JESUS MEANT FOR ALL JUST LIKE IT ADOPTED A DIFFERENT KIND OF 'MARRIAGE ACT' OTHER THAN THE ONE JESUS MEANT !

God help us

What kind of heresy are you preaching? All the chapters/verses you quoted never said anything about what you're trying to force into the bible. Gosh, bro you're threading on a very dangerous line by trying to add to the word of God.

Which one is Jesus tithing again?

But God's merciful o.
None of my questions were answered precisely, same o' same 'story' is what you keep spewing. This is dangerous!

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by MarkMiwerds(m): 5:01pm On Oct 10, 2013
I came to the realization that the monetary tithe requirement doctrine was unbiblical long before I stumbled upon NL Forums.

The year was 1988, the year I was ordained to preach the Gospel.

I had applied myself to much study that year, more so than any of the 9 years I had been saved. I had been raised (from an infant) in the Assembly of God denomination, which, as you know, rely heavily on the monetary tithes they receive of their members. Mother was very sincere in paying her tithes out of her Social Security income each month, setting an example that she expected the five of her children to follow.

We were taught that if we did not pay tithes, we were robbing God of what was HIs, and so through the years until my ordination, I believed tithing was what we were supposed to do.

That is, until I got serious in my study. In my studies, I ran across the verse in Romans 8 that declares the child of God to be joint-heir with Christ. It hit me then and there! Because I was a joint-heir, I had possessions that I had not seen as of yet. I began to search out what my "possessions" were, and in the process of searching those possessions, I began to study the tithes and the Law.

Now, I learned that I had been brought into a New Covenant because of my trusting Christ, but the Word that began to open to my vision and understanding was mind-boggling to say the least. I learned that it was not me that was guilty of robbing God, but that the Church was actually robbing me when they taught the monetary tithe.

I have heard the lame argument that "Abram tithed before the Law". But the more I searched the New Covenant, I could not justify teaching, nor bowing to the monetary tithe doctrine.

The New Covenant is not found anywhere in the Holy Scriptures before the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. I cannot rely on Old Testament values and standards to guide me in New Covenant giving.

The reason? Abram's tithe was not his own property. He told God he would not even claim it as his own, knowing if he did Bera, the king of Sodom would have reason to brag on how he had made Abram rich. So, the question I had to ask myself was, "If Abram's tithe was not his own riches, how can I pattern a tithe based on that? Am I to go to war as Abram and tithe from the spoils as he did? Being blind, that is an impossibility. I surely would not know who I was shooting at, or when someone was pointing their gun at me. I would lose that war the first day.

The Army would not have me anyway due to my blindness.

Then, I looked at Jacob. Jacob made a vow to God to give a tenth of all that he acquired, but only if God would meet certain requirements first. One of those requirements was not met until nearly twenty-one years after Jacob made his vow. There is no indication in the Word of God that says Jacob ever fulfilled that vow. (though God did meet all of the required objectives that Jacob set forth in his vow) I fI were to pattern a tithe after Jacob, then that meant I could bargain with God before paying a tithe. Making demands of Him first. Maybe tell Him I will tithe after He gives me land, wealth, and much possessions as Jacob did? HMMMM. That just doesn't sound like a required tithe, does it? If it was required, Jacob would not have been able to bargain with God as he did.

The only other tithes mentioned are under the Mosaic and Levitical Law, which, the Holy Ghost and the Apostles said Gentile Converts were not to be required to follow.

After that study, I was totally convinced that tithing was not for the child of God.

But then, I ran across a troubling passage in the New Testament. It declares that there are some who are required to follow the Law... the unrighteous.

I post those verses here now:

1 Timothy 1:1-10 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope; Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord. As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine, Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do. Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned: From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling; Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm. But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

Do you see that Brethren? Those that teach contrary to sound doctrine are supposed to be obeying the Mosaic Law. The teachers of the monetary tithe are teaching contrary to sound doctrine. They have not submitted to Christ yet. The Law is still their schoolmaster. The bondwoman and her son are part of their household and they don't even realize it.

Paul told the Galatians that those who were of the Law were to continue in all things written in the Law to do them. The Law calls for a tithe of crops, flocks and herds. The Law calls for many other things besides the tithe that these modern tithe teachers must follow or suffer a curse as the Word of God declares.

We who have come to Christ are no longer under a schoolmaster. We are not housing the bondwoman and her son. Whom the Son sets free is free indeed! Bless His Holy Name.

Yes, those who teach that God requires a monetary tithe are teaching contrary to sound doctrine. The monetary tithe requirement doctrine can be found only in the vain imagination of man's heart... it is not anywhere written in God's Holy Word. Because they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, their worship is in vain. Their master is not the Lord in the matter, it is the Law.

The Lord will judge them according to the Law because they teach contrary to sound doctrine and are therefore bound to the Law.

11 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by MarkMiwerds(m): 5:19pm On Oct 10, 2013
Due to my blindness, tithe teachers who insist that I tithe my money to them are guilty of attempting to rob me. God didn't require the poor to tithe in the Holy Word. Instead, he said that the poor were to receive the tithe.

Yet, so many poor are made poorer while the rich tithe teachers get richer.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Tayeni(m): 9:14pm On Oct 10, 2013
honeric01:

What kind of heresy are you preaching? All the chapters/verses you quoted never said anything about what you're trying to force into the bible. Gosh, bro you're threading on a very dangerous line by trying to add to the word of God.

But God's merciful o.
None of my questions were answered precisely, same o' same 'story' is what you keep spewing. This is dangerous!
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Tayeni(m): 9:34pm On Oct 10, 2013
honeric01:

But God's merciful o.
. He hangs his "revelation" abi na theory on d phrase ; "order of Melchizedek". D question is , what does d bible mean by "............order of.......". Trust him to never give you a straight answer.......they thrive on ambiguity. Jesus tithing indeed!.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 6:07am On Oct 14, 2013
New Testament Giving or Tithing?

Tithing was still practiced in Jesus’ ministry on Earth (Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42) for the simple reason Israel was under the law. The only time Jesus mentioned the tithe was a rebuke to the religious leaders “But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass by justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.” In Matthew 23:23 he explains they “have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith.” These you ought to have done.” Certainly he had in mind the idea to help those in need (Deut. 14:27-28; 26:12) the poor and the strangers that were among them.

Each time the word tithe or tithes appears in the New Testament it is in reference to the Old Testament law they were under. Under the Old covenant God promised blessings for Israel’s obedience to the commandments and curses for their disobedience to the commandments. In the New Testament, once the new covenant is established to tithe is being disobedient, to give freely is being obedient.

It is true that walking faith brings some blessings, for obedience and servanthood is what God desires. As believers, we all receive certain blessings because we are under grace. The Bible even teaches because of God’s general grace “ for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust” (Matt 5:45). Everybody receives some blessings even if they do not tithe. But what happens when we go out from walking under grace to being under the law? (you can’t do both at the same time Gal. 3:23-25; Heb. 8:13).

The Law was meant to be our schoolmaster (Gal. 3:24), and meant to bring us to Christ who is the mediator of the New Covenant to set us free from the Old. This is very serious to be brought back under what God has set aside to inoperable by the New Covenant. Tithing is of the law. If you tithing in according to the law then you are acting as if the law has not been abolished for the believer.

Acts 15:24: “Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment.” Tithing was part of the law to ISRAEL- NOT the Church.

God sought to kill Moses because he had not obeyed (Ex.4:22-23) the command He gave to Abraham (Gen 21:4), to circumcise his son. But not once do we read of Moses obeying the tithing command before the Tabernacle and priesthood laws were given. We see no reaction from the Lord on this. Why? Because they were not given a tithing command--until-- the Tabernacle and priesthood laws were given. Why do some people want to resurrect the laws that were to point to Jesus Christ as the fulfillment of the law and the prophets. Why do some divide the law up into pieces instead of following ALL of the laws given to the Israelites in the Old Testament? You can’t obey only part of the on giving the tithe (again it was 22% not 10%). We can’t obey because we as New Testament believers have no temple or Levitical priesthood, we are under a completely different system. New Covenant Christians do not have to tithe in order to please God. The intention of our heart is what God is looking at more than the amount we give. Ephesians 1: 3 says “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.” We have the blessings by GRACE.

Those who hold the position of tithing for the church are confused of its purpose and history. No Christian should be coerced into giving a set amount to receive God’s blessings. The simple reason is that it removes them from walking in grace and puts them under the law. The Pharisees tithed and watched what people gave, and they continued to tithe as the church was birthed. The church did not tithe.

“Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given orders to the churches of Galatia, so you must do also: On the first day of the week let each one of you lay something aside, storing up as he may prosper, that there be no collections when I come.”(1 Cor. 16:1-2). Notice Paul says the collection for the saints. This is not necessarily a weekly tithe but appears to be a collection for others in need. Those saints in other areas that were in need of financial help, from one church to another. “A contribution made by the rich for the relief of the poor (from Adam Clarke's Commentary). “A contribution, or collection of money for a charitable purpose (from Barnes' Notes).

And what of the commands of helping the poor? Instead, we only hear about robbing God if we do not tithe. You are still sinning if you have something to give, and are selfish towards those in need. God would rather see people serve and participate willingly then be under compulsion to give large amounts of money to others to do the work. “Let them do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share, storing up for themselves a good foundation for the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life. (1 Tim. 6:18-19; Gal.5:13) Numerous needs go unmet inside our churches. We need to give to brethren who are in need, not just give to big ministries so they can become bigger. They are not the only ones who do God's work.

The principle of tithing in the Old Testament was to benefit those in need as well: Deuteronomy 26:12: “When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and hast given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat within thy gates, and be filled.” Deut. 14:27-28: ”You shall not forsake the Levite who is within your gates, for he has no part nor inheritance with you. ”At the end of every third year you shall bring out the tithe of your produce of that year and store it up within your gates.” Have you seen any ministry that insists on tithing do this? Why not, it is part of the tithing law.

Are you listening to the “TV evangelist” telling you to sow your seed for your need? Promises, promises…

Paul writes, “For there are many unruly, vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucere's sake” (Titus 1:10-11).

The most ingenious, imaginative ways were invented for gaining money. Tetzel was sent to the people to help raise funds to build Peters Basilica by bringing the law of indulgences to the people and it is no different today. Only then, the Roman Catholics did not have the Bible in their native languages to read; today we have no excuse as Protestants. The words of Hosea continue to echo to us today, (4:6) “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge.” Bible knowledge is he is referring to.

New Testament believers are never commanded to tithe but to give (the amount is between you and the Lord). Consider the story of Ananias and Sapphira that has been used and abused in so many ways-- Acts 5:1-4: “But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession. And he kept back part of the proceeds, his wife also being aware of it, and brought a certain part and laid it at the apostles' feet. But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? “While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.”

This was not about tithes but a freewill promise they made and they did not keep their word. This does not mean as some claim every time you intentionally lie you will be judged so you must keep your vows (though we should have no intention of doing so); not if you were manipulated by lies into keeping the vow.

Consider what Paul wrote to Timothy the young pastor of Ephesus, “But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness” (1 Timothy 6:6-11). If someone is always talking about mammon, then they are not serving God. You cannot have two masters.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 14, 2013
New Covenant Principles

The guideline for our giving to God and His work is found in 2 Corinthians 9:6-7: “Now this I say, he who sows sparingly shall also reap sparingly; and he who sows bountifully shall also reap bountifully. Let each one do just as he has purposed in his heart; not grudgingly or under compulsion; for God loves a cheerful giver.” Grace means freedom- law means obligation. We should give back to God as he prospered us, as we purpose in our hearts.

The epistles are the teachings for the church. They contain numerous instructions, corrections and rebukes. Not one of these letters have tithing taught or practiced for the Church--The tithe is not mentioned as an obligation. Tithing is mentioned in the book of Hebrews which was written to Jewish believers in the Messiah, not to Gentile churches. The word “tithes” is found four times in Hebrews chapter 7, more than all the epistles combined. (Heb.7:5, 7:16, and 7:18.) The New Testament focuses on our High Priests ministry of Jesus Christ of whom Melchizedek was pre-figured in type (Heb. 7:2, 4, 5-9). Abraham's tithe in Hebrews 7 is mentioned to explain the greater priesthood of Christ, it is not teaching the practice of tithing to the Church.

Hebrews 7:5: “And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham.” (Heb. 7:9-10 Levi was in the loins of his father when Abraham met the priest of Salem.) Only the sons of Levi were to receive tithes. This means if we do not have a Levitical priesthood we have no right to ask for tithes as if they are obligated to the church. In other words, the Levitical priesthood was instituted with the tabernacle, and the Temple-- not the church. God has given a new priesthood to the church-- according to the order of Melchizedek. Again, what was given to this priesthood was a freewill offering of the spoils, not a portion of Abram’s income. For the writer of Hebrews says, 7:11-12: “Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron? For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.”

Heb 7:16: speaks of the new priesthood “who has come, not according to the law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life.” It continues V.18 “For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness.” Now here we find something interesting, the very place many find the origin of tithing actually denies it continual practice because of its association with the law. The Jewish believers were under grace just as the gentiles were and they were told that the law ended! There is a disannulling of the commandment. The Levitical priesthood was not perfect, therefore it was necessary for a change in the priesthood, and a change of the law. Hebrews 7:5 tithing is called a fleshly, (carnal) ordinance, according to the law because of it association with a priesthood that is no longer in effect. Jesus’ priesthood is superior, having the power of an endless life, not in relation to a covenant that was temporary (Heb.8:13).

Verse 18 disannulling (abolishment) of the commandment going before (what commandment is he referring to? The one mentioned in chapter 7, v:19 “for the law made nothing perfect.” (This includes the commandment to take tithes). Tithing is abolished according to the New Testament (discontinued, obsolete). V.19 continues “on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.” V.22 “by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.” The question that needs to be answered by every individual is: which covenant do you want to be under?

Throughout the history of the Church many have attempted to apply portions of the Mosaic Law and incorporate it into the practice for the church. The Judaizers did it with circumcision, and other portions of the law. The Galatians listened to the Judaizers, as many listen to the lawful tithers of our day. The same words apply “O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you” (Gal. 3:1). The law is obsolete (Heb.8:13). We are under the law of the Spirit which speaks of liberty, not the Old Testament law, which obligates tithing as well as many other things.

The same people that impose their false interpretation of “for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life” (2 Cor. 3:6) bring people back under the law to extract money from their pocket for their ministry support. This is confusion, not rightly dividing the word. The Pharisees, who loved money, became blind because they upheld their own laws and interpretations over Moses’ law, and were stricter at enforcing them. We essentially have the same thing going on today with new concepts of how coerce people to give, now it goes far beyond tithing. They call it seed faith, the Bible has nothing to say on this. No Apostle ever instructed the church to sow a seed, (which is actually the word according to Jesus) of money, and wait for a hundredfold harvest to come in. (according to the prosperity teachers- If it isn’t a hundredfold then it is still to be used as seed again.)

They solicit funds by asking the people to open up your heart (which usually means your wallet) and give to the work that God is blessing so mightily. “Give, pressed down and shaken together” as they promise God will give to you abundantly after you give to them; “you can’t out give God,” and they promise a “100 fold blessing,” “Give this amount now because there is an unusual anointing here,” or “whatever God gives to me will give to you if you partner with me.” The Bible says in Proverbs 21:6: “Getting treasures by a lying tongue is the fleeting fantasy of those who seek death.” Your cup runneth over with such lying words and false promises.

You will always find that those who promote the “give to get concept” will use the Old Testament. They will interpret the new in light of the old, not the old in light of the new. God deals with our motives and he sees the people using His word for ill gotten gain. We need to see the manipulation taking place and make people aware that they are giving their money to those who buy new cars, jets, houses and live a luxurious lifestyle. We should support ministries, big or small, but we need to look into how the money is actually being spent. We are supposed to be servants, not live like kings. Pause and think about it; go to the Scripture to see how the apostles lived and what they taught the church.

In Exodus 36 Moses asked the people for offerings to help build the tabernacle, but even then it was not tithes, they gave willfully and cheerfully. The people gave so much that Moses finally asked them to stop giving. Have you ever heard someone into seed faith say stop the giving? The New Testament believers are to operate by grace giving not tithing by law and we are certainly not to be ruled by made up prosperity promises by money hungry men.

A majority of churches practice tithing more as principle. It may be a matter of semantics when they collect tithes and offerings. What is often meant is that they are making a distinction between regular support of the local church and giving more as one has been blessed. But there are some that are very legalistic and make tithing a matter of proving one is saved. They condemn the people for not being obedient and basically spiritually abuse them. The Bible is clear that we should give to God’s work, but not because we are obligated to keep a tithing law that is under the Old covenant.

We are to give freely as we so choose. The New covenant asks that we give our lives as living sacrifice to Him who bought us, not just 10% of our money, according to our reasonable service (Romans 12:1). Under the law if your giving only 10% of your money you would still be robbing God. Actually, they rob themselves, because God's blessings can only come through grace-giving.

The law has passed away (Heb.8:13) we are under grace. If you have to keep the law then you must keep it all. The law and grace are two completely different systems and two completely different covenants. Romans 8:4: “That the righteousness of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” Tithing was required by the Law; giving is what we do not according to the Law but according to grace. Our answer is not to go back under the Law but to be under grace. Grace is given to us and we choose how much to “give,” this is not to be confused with a command to “tithe.” God will bless if you have your faith in the right thing, not false promises. It is impossible to keep the tithe exactly as Moses' law commanded: since it was largely agricultural and it was specifically for the nation Israel.

If you don't tithe is it a sin? If you barely have enough to live on it is not the same as someone who has all their needs met and can easily give. So do not become overwhelmed with guilt by men who bring fear of judgment to you.

Again, “Let each one do just as he has purposed in his heart; not grudgingly or under compulsion; for God loves a cheerful giver (2 Corinthians 9:7). Everyone should support the work of their local church some way, by their serving, their money, their gifts or talents they have. “Let them do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share, storing up for themselves a good foundation for the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life”(1 Timothy 6:18-19).

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Tayeni(m): 7:32am On Oct 14, 2013
^^@ smartchoice.......your write up is definitely exhaustive and well laid out. Wow!

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mcsnup: 6:13pm On Oct 15, 2013
I WISH MEN WOULD TAKE TIME TO STUDY THE SCRIPTURE RAATHER THAN PUT A FELLOW FALLABLE MAN ON A PINNACLE.... Paul loved and call the berean noble because they didn't hang on every of his words unless they had confirmed from the scripture to see if what Paul said was infact scripture

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mcsnup: 11:30pm On Nov 19, 2013
i wish folks would take their time to truely study tithe from its origin down to mal 3:10, how tithing became a law and for what purpose. Then go and study the words of Christ concerning d law, taking time to study galatian, corinthians and hebrew to understand the freedom and libration we have in Christ and to understand that everyone who does one thing written in the book of the law and fails to do every other things written in d same book is under a curse. Understandin that we are no longer under d law. For Christ himself said i have not come to abolish d law but to fulfill it, on d cross he said the very words that gladings my heart "it is finish" if d law been fulfilled in Christ what need have to try filling it, in doing so i only attest that Christ blood is not sufficient enough to pay for my sins and that of d world...this is not to say tithing in itself is a sin, is just unfortunate that the church today is concern abt its number, wealth and prosperity than the souls of men... Like i told my pa, it pricks me so that what concerns the early church the most means nothing today church and that which concern today church matters not to d early church, and he asked what it was, i told him money and the souls of men

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Goshen360(m): 11:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
Being greatly blessed beyond my widest imagination since I stopped tithing but I'm a giver. Glory to God!

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by ichuka(m): 12:22am On Nov 20, 2013
[quote
author=Pastor Kun]Tithing as popular as it is in churches is one of the
least understood doctrines in churches today. Even several preachers
that preach it don't fully understand it and it's negative implication
to the gospel of Christ they just preach it because it means more money
in their pockets. However since a few of my brethen and myself started
this enlightenment campaign on the biblical truth about tithes, a lot of
NL members have come to the knowledge of truth about tithes and stopped
being fleeced of their income.

I would like NL members who have discovered the truth and have been
liberated by our writings to please come forward and share their
experience with us.[/quote]
I stopped.3years,4months,2weeks,6days,00:23hrs ago and still counting!!!
details might come later.

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by PastorKun(m): 7:43am On Nov 20, 2013
We need more testimonies please smiley
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mcsnup: 1:14pm On Nov 22, 2013
Pastor Kun: We need more testimonies please smiley
its not a thing of testimony, am afraid you either do not no the purpose of this thread or you are abusing its purpose, the law only a bounds you a slave to the weak things of this world...you should prayerfully sort that men come to the knowledge of God's truth, and not count scores and likes...in a world were sound doctrine is toss to d dogs and were the scripture is been tag as one of those motivational book, and yet you sit and crave testimonies...
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by PastorKun(m): 2:26pm On Nov 22, 2013
Despite my stance on tithing in the church and contrary to the lies prosperity gospel merchants tell to their congregation to con them into parting with 10% of their monthly income I am currently experiencing 'open heavens' in my business and there is no room to contain it. In fact is so overwhelming that I now have to turn customers back due to lack of capacity to cope with the numerous customers that show up daily. The lord has truly been faithful and would always stand by those who put their trust in him. God does not need any upfront payment before he can bless you. Those who peddle such lies against God are only promoting the devils agenda and ridiculing the name of God.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 22, 2013
Pastor Kun: Despite my stance on tithing in the church and contrary to the lies prosperity gospel merchants tell to their congregation to con them into parting with 10% of their monthly income I am currently experiencing 'open heavens' in my business and there is no room to contain it. In fact is so overwhelming that I now have to turn customers back due to lack of capacity to cope with the numerous customers that show up daily. The lord has truly been faithful and would always stand by those who put their trust in him. God does not need any upfront payment before he can bless you. Does who peddle such lies against God are only promoting the devils agenda and ridiculing the name of God.

I don't believe you , how is this possible without your 10% tithe every month
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Zikkyy(m): 7:04pm On Nov 22, 2013
Pastor Kun:
I am currently experiencing 'open heavens' in my business and there is no room to contain it.

I own a warehouse you can use. 50/50 sharing ratio grin

4 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by PastorKun(m): 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
Zikkyy:

I own a warehouse you can use. 50/50 sharing ratio grin

Go and pay your tithes first. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Undergraduate, Suel Ambrose Slumps, Dies Acting Jesus Crucifixion Drama / Pastor Adeboye's Holy Ghost Event In Yola, See Crowd / Leke Adeboye Denies Osun Election Comment: 'Na Lie, I Checked If I Was Hacked'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 233
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.