Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

The Only Ide You Need - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Only Ide You Need (986 Views)

Your Favorite Java IDE? / What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]? / Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Only Ide You Need by javarules(m): 2:39pm On Jun 25, 2008
Sun just introduced the Netbeans 6.1 IDE. So many people believe the Eclipse IDE is better that Sun's Netbeans. I disagree. But that is not the gist, Sun's Netbeans IDE is virtually the best now in the IDE world, with plugins flying around and you being able to do almost any programming language on the IDE WITH CODE COMPLETION. Some of the popular languages supported by the Netbeans IDE are

* C/C++
* Ruby
* Rails
* PHP

You also have support for other web and language frameworks like CSS, Javascript/AJAX, XML, UML, HTML, XHTML, SOAP, BPEL,RESTful etc. I bet you dont need any other IDE for any of these. CSS here is better than in Dreamweaver. You av a sample panel where you see your changes as they are made. The only CSS IDE that ranks close to Netbeans IDE is Rapid CSS.

Javascript is something else here, Netbeans floors every other IDE including Notepad++ and Dreamweaver. In Ranking, Netbeans comes first, Notepad++ follows, Aptana IDE or RadRails come next and dreamweaver is lagging far far behind.

When it comes to AJAX support, Netbeans has support for jMAki,prototype, YahooWidgets, Google Codes (gMap etc), and other popular javascript libraries are also supported thru plugings like Dojo and Phobos

When it comes to XML and UML, The only IDE that comes close is Eclipse and even at that Netbeans is like 80 on a scale of 100 and Eclipse like 10.

Database support also soars high, we have support for

* MySQL
* Postgre
* Apache Derby
* Oracle

And thru JDBC-ODBC brigde, there is support for other popular DB's like Microsofts MSSQL Server, Oracle, IBM's DB2, Cache etc
There is no other IDE where database support is as seemless as Netbeans.

You can also create Images using the SVG Editor.

All these are apart from the pool of support and plugins available for almost anything you want to do. You can also use Netbeans to develop your own custom plugins for Netbeans!

Code completion has also taken a new bold step, now you just dont have code completions alone, you have it with a little documentation below it. This is where Netbeans beat other PHP IDE's to it.

For ruby and rails developers, its even a sweeter times. There are functionalities here that makes RadRails look like child's play.

The only IDE that beats all when it comes to web development using pure html is Dreamweaver(with its drag n Drop capabilities), although I dont know many developers who do pure html these days. Netbeans also provide same functionality, but only if you are a JSF programmer. Netbeans even go one step ahead, it gives you templates that are much more easier to modify than Dreamweavers templates.

All these features, the IDE must cost a million dollars right? NOPE Netbeans is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. That is the best thing about this IDE, FOC, you can download it for free, you can even request request for a free CD or DVD shipped for free to you even if you live in calcuta-gongozoole-brundishmancrujanle-island.

Well thats as much as my hands can type. Get the Netbeans IDE yourself and see these cool tools for yourself and the many more I cant mention. WHERE? www.netbeans.org/downloads

I am out for now
Re: The Only Ide You Need by SayoMarvel(m): 11:45pm On Jun 25, 2008
I enjoy NetBeans IDE, I'm using version 5.5. Anyone using Sun Studio Creator?
Re: The Only Ide You Need by logica(m): 11:39am On Jun 26, 2008
is Rails really a language or a framework?
Re: The Only Ide You Need by candylips(m): 1:31pm On Jun 26, 2008
its more of a framework like hibernate

(1) (Reply)

Java Rules,who Thinks Otherwise? / Rapidcreator - Sap User Performance Enhancement Tool / How Do I Hyperlink On Smf Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.