Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,861 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? (32108 Views)

Epson 900series:what's Special About This Latest Generation Large Format Printer / Conversation Wit Mona Lisa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by tunetokheyno(m): 11:26am On Sep 29, 2013
The picture represents the term Androgynous...
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 29, 2013
myners007 :
Most Nigerians are blinded to the beauty of classic art works.Monalisa painting is world famous because of the dual mood it depicts. if you are angry and you look at the portrait,it will give you that smile that will cheer u up. But when your are over excited or ur joyful mood is activated, looking at the portrait will attract a slight stern look from it that will help u check ur excessive excited mood. So whenever you see the Monalisa portrait"jst watch out for the way it will change your mood

really,am in a good mood now cuz i just got back from church,when am upset,i wil come back and check d portriat undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by mcfynest(m): 11:28am On Sep 29, 2013
I THINK IS BECAUSE OF THE PAINTER the Italian artist Leonardo da Vinci, AND BECAUSE OF THE MYSTERY BEHIND IT....IT IS AN OIL PAINTING SHOWING HALF MALE AND HALF FEMALE, AND THE NAME IS DERIEVED FROM EGYPTIAN MYTH...AMON AND LISA....

I BELIEVE IT DEPICTS A SEXUAL PORTRAIT....
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Orikinla(m): 11:28am On Sep 29, 2013
Nipeks: People say it is the technique he used, the way he painted the eyes, the way she smiles blah blah blah but me I think the portrait is over hyped. There are portraits that are more perfect than perfect than Mona Lisa but didn't get that much recognition. The value of an art is directly proportional to its publicity whether beautiful not. This is the same for other form of art like music.

I can see that you are not an artist and also ignorant of art history.

Go and ready and study Leonardo da Vinci and the history of the oil painting before making a public display of your intellectual ignorance and moderators also exhibited it for you.
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by UjSizzle(f): 11:30am On Sep 29, 2013
druid06:

This is correct. I'm sure you culled this from a website. You're not this smart.
Some of us actually enjoy arts well enough to read about them.
But thank you for acknowledging my superior knowledge cool
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Homguy(m): 11:30am On Sep 29, 2013
If u've read The Da vinci code, you would understand the painting is a special work with a lot of underlying nuances. Its basically a depiction of male and female sexuality in d same picture strting from the name.
AMMON - is the roman god of masculine fertility depicted as a man with a ram's head. The horns on d ram's head is the Origin of the term "Hot" as in need of sex.
LISA- Is the roman god of feminine sexuality, am not sure of its depiction.
The rearrangemnt of the names of the two gods AMMON and LISA , gives MONALISA. The picture is not entirely feminine if u luk critically at it. Leonardo Da Vinci wasnt an Ordinary man either, being one of the founding fathers of the Illuminatti, he was linked to a lot of cults,rituals and spiritism, hence,its expected that most works of his would have souvenirs from his source of inspiration. BTW, did i mention he was arguably d most ingenious inventor and artist at his time nd til date.

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by ucnduka(f): 11:31am On Sep 29, 2013
myners007 :
Most Nigerians are blinded to the beauty of classic art works.Monalisa painting is world famous because of the dual mood it depicts. if you are angry and you look at the portrait,it will give you that smile that will cheer u up. But when your are over excited or ur joyful mood is activated, looking at the portrait will attract a slight stern look from it that will help u check ur excessive excited mood. So whenever you see the Monalisa portrait"jst watch out for the way it will change your mood
you would have just stated your point without insulting Nigerians...you are such a pant, you think alot of people in the rest of your idyllic world care about a painting that would not pay their rent or put food on their table?

4 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Abbey2sam(m): 11:36am On Sep 29, 2013
If you know what art is all about then you wld knw that this art is one of it kind.............

Look @d art with an inner sight, you find out that the art have many dimensions..........

A smiling face....
A man's face face
A frowning face
A woman's face........all in one.......

We still have art works like the sistine chapel
The most interesting part is that each of this arts have a story behind them...

Happy viewing

1. Sistine chapel
2. Creation of adam
3. Tree of forgiveness

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by tinahrex(m): 11:40am On Sep 29, 2013
nbright: The Davinci Code by Dan Brown gave me a whole different view about the drawing... It was really mind blowing
Exactly.....
Dis waz 1 ov Leonardo Da Vinci's works dah waz classified as a Master Piece'..An artwrk dah iz nearly perfect or klos to perfect in artistic qualities which iz in fact veri veri rare
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Munzy14(m): 11:40am On Sep 29, 2013
Nipeks: People say it is the technique he used, the way he painted the eyes, the way she smiles blah blah blah but me I think the portrait is over hyped. There are portraits that are more perfect than perfect than Mona Lisa but didn't get that much recognition. The value of an art is directly proportional to its publicity whether beautiful not. This is the same for other form of art like music.
The special thing dat made dis painting widely recognized is this" mona lisa wasnt smiling when d pics was taking, bt after leornardo da vinci painted it it appeared as if she was smiling" that brings abt the say that d secret to mona lisa's smile lay in da vinci's painting.
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Texykool: 11:45am On Sep 29, 2013
druid06:

This is correct. I'm sure you culled this from a website. You're not this smart.

bros...

U dey vex o
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by UjSizzle(f): 11:53am On Sep 29, 2013
Homguy: If u've read The Da vinci code, you would understand the painting is a special work with a lot of underlying nuances. Its basically a depiction of male and female sexuality in d same picture strting from the name.
AMMON - is the roman god of masculine fertility depicted as a man with a ram's head. The horns on d ram's head is the Origin of the term "Hot" as in need of sex.
LISA- Is the roman god of feminine sexuality, am not sure of its depiction.
The rearrangemnt of the names of the two gods AMMON and LISA , gives MONALISA. The picture is not entirely feminine if u luk critically at it. Leonardo Da Vinci wasnt an Ordinary man either, being one of the founding fathers of the Illuminatti, he was linked to a lot of cults,rituals and spiritism, hence,its expected that most works of his would have souvenirs from his source of inspiration. BTW, did i mention he was arguably d most ingenious inventor and artist at his time nd til date.
The beauty of reading Dan Brown is the ability to separate fact from fiction.

3 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by NellyGhenghen(m): 11:54am On Sep 29, 2013
Da vinci Code grin
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by pseudonomer: 12:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
4reigningqueen: I think it represents "having pains in your heart yet having a smilling face!" in short, suffering and smilling! I hope am right.

You are right...
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by myners007: 12:04pm On Sep 29, 2013
uc nduka: you would have just stated your point without insulting Nigerians...you are such a pant, you think alot of people in the rest of your idyllic world care about a painting that would not pay their rent or put food on their table?
i only stated the fact and did not insult anyone,but if you feel you that you are among the group of Nigerians that do nt appreciate creativity in art then that means you have insulted yourself

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Homguy(m): 12:04pm On Sep 29, 2013
uj_sizzle:
The beauty of reading Dan Brown is the ability to separate fact from fiction.
cause i mentioned Dan brown in my post? Some of his postulatns were ficticious i concede. BTW,wheres d fiction in my post?
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 29, 2013
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by ucnduka(f): 12:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
myners007 :
i only stated the fact and did not insult anyone,but if you feel you that you are among the group of Nigerians that do nt appreciate creativity in art then that means you have insulted yourself
oh please shut up! Huge pant!!
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by druid06(m): 12:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
myners007 :

What a load of bullcrap this is.

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by UjSizzle(f): 12:30pm On Sep 29, 2013
Homguy: cause i mentioned Dan brown in my post? Some of his postulatns were ficticious i concede. BTW,wheres d fiction in my post?
All i meant was that you shouldn't lift everything you see Brown write. As much as he educates in his stories, he also entwines ficticious tales that'll captivate his readers.

There is no certainty that Da Vinci was one of the founding fathers of the illuminati. In fact no one even spoke of the said cult till Brown brought it up in his book.
Dan can be a very compelling writer, but his readers also need to do their homework. A lil personal research don't hurt nobody smiley
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by smudge2079(m): 12:32pm On Sep 29, 2013
i still dont get it #overhyped

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by tinahrex(m): 12:39pm On Sep 29, 2013
uj_sizzle:
All i meant was that you shouldn't lift everything you see Brown write. As much as he educates in his stories, he also entwines ficticious tales that'll captivate his readers.

There is no certainty that Da Vinci was one of the founding fathers of the illuminati. In fact no one even spoke of the said cult till Brown brought it up in his book.
Dan can be a very compelling writer, but his readers also need to do their homework. A lil personal research don't hurt nobody smiley
Yea....yo right...even in Angels n Demons
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 29, 2013
So?
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by oribim(m): 12:49pm On Sep 29, 2013
half of her face is smiling and half is frowning
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Emmanuelson(m): 12:49pm On Sep 29, 2013
GREAT ART WORK FROM LEONARDO DI SER PEIERO DA VINCI grin grin
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Illuminatus(m): 12:53pm On Sep 29, 2013
If you're asking this question, I'm sorry, I can't make you see why Mona Lisa is a great work of art. What you need to consider is that this great work was painted in the 16th century, 1500. Da Vinci put great work into painting this masterpiece. The technique, Mona's mysterious smile and the fact that Mona has Da Vinci's face are all compelling reasons to understand the quality of this painting. Pls, tell me which other paintings you consider better?
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Onegai(f): 12:55pm On Sep 29, 2013
I once asked one of Nigeria's foremost painters about the meaning of paintings. He replied "Art critics can spend 3 pages writing and talking about one painting. Art lovers can write music and books and teachings on one painting. The painter himself, if asked, will write only one paragraph about his work. Art is in the eye of the beholder."

To me, as an artist, this painting is incredible because of the technical profiency. Linear Perspective is perfected, use of colour glows and sings and is almost 3D. Da Vinci also captured a calm emotion which tells you nothing, so makes you wonder even more.

Let the "Mona Lisa" by Da Vinci mean what it means to you, not what others tell you it should mean.
www.alizarene..com

5 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by myners007: 12:58pm On Sep 29, 2013
uc nduka: oh please shut up! Huge pant!!
Thank God my parents brought me up in a decent way. Dearie insulting people is nt part of civilisation, all u need is a bit of decorum

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by myners007: 1:04pm On Sep 29, 2013
druid06:

What a load of bullcrap this is.
you are finnicky bout everything and parochial to the extent that you can doubt if your are a progeny of your own parents
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Homguy(m): 1:20pm On Sep 29, 2013
uj_sizzle:

There is no certainty that Da Vinci was one of the founding fathers of the illuminati. In fact no one even spoke of the said cult till Brown brought it up in his book.......... A lil personal research don't hurt nobody
the sizzler,am nt 1 nt given 2 arguments bt note these
1. u shouldnt fault any fact without providing any counter fact or basis 4 faulting. This leads 2 d nxt point
2. If u were presnt or feel/tink/blieve/know that Leonardo wasn part of d founding fathers of d illuminatti do a little research abt it and paste. As u sed A LIL RESEARCH HURTS NO 1. Odawis simply ignore d fact. CHEERS swty
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by kflexxy(m): 1:21pm On Sep 29, 2013
Just passing by

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pencil Works By My 14 Year Old Borther / Drawing & Painting Of An 8-Year-Old Boy (Photos) / This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.