Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,555 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? (32123 Views)

Epson 900series:what's Special About This Latest Generation Large Format Printer / Conversation Wit Mona Lisa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Nipeks(m): 7:13pm On Sep 26, 2013
People say it is the technique he used, the way he painted the eyes, the way she smiles blah blah blah but me I think the portrait is over hyped. There are portraits that are more perfect than perfect than Mona Lisa but didn't get that much recognition. The value of an art is directly proportional to its publicity whether beautiful not. This is the same for other form of art like music.

5 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by yorex2011: 7:49pm On Sep 26, 2013
ok
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by spywareczar(m): 8:42pm On Sep 26, 2013
Who is monalisa?? undecided (a typical nairalander question grin)

5 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by yame014: 11:02pm On Sep 26, 2013
it is because they use the painting in american films...dats why it's so special...thanks
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by prof800(m): 11:05pm On Sep 26, 2013
Well, I was made to understand that "it is not the painting that is special but the one who painted it and the mystery behind such beautiful work of art."

11 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by spywareczar(m): 5:16am On Sep 27, 2013
yame014: it is because they use the painting in american films...dats why it's so special...thanks
another typical nairalander answer grin

8 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Auxigen(m): 5:56pm On Sep 27, 2013
prof800: Well, I was made to understand that "it is not the painting that is special but the one who painted it and the mystery behind such beautiful work of art."

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by anthoniosp(m): 11:50am On Sep 28, 2013
tilt ur fone to whateva angle and d picture still looks u glarinly in d eyes....i tot it was a falacy bt ............. hmmm ...... abegi no b only monalisa na chidinma

7 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Mrniceguyjohn(m): 9:55am On Sep 29, 2013
nothing
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Fazhy: 9:56am On Sep 29, 2013
Mona Lisa represent different interpretation to different people. That is what is special about it.

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Iaz93: 9:56am On Sep 29, 2013
anthoniosp: tilt ur fone to whateva angle and d picture still looks u glarinly in d eyes....i tot it was a falacy bt ............. hmmm ...... abegi no b only monalisa na chidinma
smiley smiley
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by everyday: 9:58am On Sep 29, 2013
I read something about monalisa being a very unhappy woman
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by shugacaneman: 10:00am On Sep 29, 2013
na oyibo handwork. they make whatever they like and maim whatever they don't like.

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by nbright: 10:02am On Sep 29, 2013
The Davinci Code by Dan Brown gave me a whole different view about the drawing... It was really mind blowing

14 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by sennyaca(m): 10:02am On Sep 29, 2013
sebi na mona lisa no worry bros i go ask google

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Emmyk(m): 10:03am On Sep 29, 2013
The artiste
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by fatgirl: 10:03am On Sep 29, 2013
When you get rich, you get stupid as well smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by 4reigningqueen: 10:03am On Sep 29, 2013
I think it represents "having pains in your heart yet having a smilling face!" in short, suffering and smilling! I hope am right.

4 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by druid06(m): 10:03am On Sep 29, 2013
The painting is not just famous for the technique used in creating such a portrait but has to do with the artist and the mysticism behind this beautiful piece of art (Bullocks).

There're several conspiracy theories as to what the picture was/is dicpicting. Some say the woman in the picture is not a woman at all but the gay lover of Leonardo Dan Vinci (The artist) and it's the reason why he/she has that weird smirk on her/his face. Remember, homosexuality was a serious offence during his generation and not just that, it was heresy to the catholic church and punishable by death. He was just trying to tell the world that he was gay without actually verbally confirming he was homosexual.

There're other conspiracy theory that is just absolutely ridiculous. I just believe these conspiracy theories are just hype to increase the value and worth of this painting. Currently the worth of this painting is priceless. I think it was insured for $20Mil. To me, all I see is a fat ugly beast of a woman smiling through the painting.

16 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by ygenius: 10:04am On Sep 29, 2013
Is that a brand new fast food in town?
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 29, 2013
I thought its all about monalisa chinda undecided

4 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 29, 2013
nbright: The Davinci Code by Dan Brown gave me a whole different view about the drawing... It was really mind blowing
story

5 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by skyscraperTM(m): 10:07am On Sep 29, 2013
What is so special about Monalisa Chinda?

7 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Donrissy(m): 10:07am On Sep 29, 2013
For someone to paint something like this( heard it was painted during the 16's or so; i stand to be corrected though) shows pure class. IMHO...

2 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 29, 2013
I always use to think d same about dis painting. And d price for the original fit buy u house nd furnish the house
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Kezifils(m): 10:08am On Sep 29, 2013
Small painting made by one of the Greatest minds to walk the earth. #Da Vinci
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 29, 2013
for me the painting is so unique especially if u read the Dan Vinci Code. . . . Anything worth doing is worth well.
I heard it took him like 5 years to design the mouth alone
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Zammydagreat(m): 10:09am On Sep 29, 2013
Na her brazilian hair wen she fix b4 nigerian girls na special abt d drawing/painting
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Zammydagreat(m): 10:09am On Sep 29, 2013
Na her brazilian hair wen she fix b4 nigerian girls na special abt d drawing/painting
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by yuncka: 10:13am On Sep 29, 2013
She realy evolved more dan d others, daz all.

24 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by deols(f): 10:13am On Sep 29, 2013
You should have posted the ones you think are better for a real comparison.

3 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by BabaEleko(m): 10:15am On Sep 29, 2013
I think she started the art of blow-job.

grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pencil Works By My 14 Year Old Borther / Drawing & Painting Of An 8-Year-Old Boy (Photos) / This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.