Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? - Art, Graphics & Video (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? (32130 Views)

Epson 900series:what's Special About This Latest Generation Large Format Printer / Conversation Wit Mona Lisa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by UjSizzle(f): 1:29pm On Sep 29, 2013
Homguy: the sizzler,am nt 1 nt given 2 arguments bt note these
1. u shouldnt fault any fact without providing any counter fact or basis 4 faulting. This leads 2 d nxt point
2. If u were presnt or feel/tink/blieve/know that Leonardo wasn part of d founding fathers of d illuminatti do a little research abt it and paste. As u sed A LIL RESEARCH HURTS NO 1. Odawis simply ignore d fact. CHEERS swty
*rolls eyes*
1. I said there's 'no certainty' that he's a founding father.

2. Since it's quite obvious you weren't living in the 16th century, how do you know for sure that he was a founding father?
It's a mere speculation to say the least. No one alive today knows the how or from whom the illuminati originated. The reason why i say it isn't 'fact'.
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by fankasibe: 1:32pm On Sep 29, 2013
myners007 :
Most Nigerians are blinded to the beauty of classic art works.Monalisa painting is world famous because of the dual mood it depicts. if you are angry and you look at the portrait,it will give you that smile that will cheer u up. But when your are over excited or ur joyful mood is activated, looking at the portrait will attract a slight stern look from it that will help u check ur excessive excited mood. So whenever you see the Monalisa portrait"jst watch out for the way it will change your mood
chai, i rebuke d demonic power of Lieing in ur Life. U dey lie pass devil.

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Homguy(m): 1:37pm On Sep 29, 2013
uj_sizzle:
*rolls eyes*
1. I said there's 'no certainty' that he's a founding father.

2. Since it's quite obvious you weren't living in the 16th century, how do you know for sure that he was a founding father?
It's a mere speculation to say the least. No one alive today knows the how or from whom the illuminati originated. The reason why i say it isn't 'fact'.
Yes ma'am ,you r welcome.
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Homguy(m): 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2013
fankasibe:
chai, i rebuke d demonic power of Lieing in ur Life. U dey lie pass devil.
lmao! Am sure he means d picture has a morpheus effect on d observer.
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Manlado: 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2013
nbright: The Davinci Code by Dan Brown gave me a whole different view about the drawing... It was really mind blowing

He referred to a different picture.
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2013
Nothing! It's just an over-hyped piece of ordinary portaiture!

2 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Anuoluwap(m): 1:48pm On Sep 29, 2013
Really? Control your tv with your hand and voice? REALLY? www.nairaland.com/1454543/samsung-smart-tv-hand-voice
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Homguy(m): 1:48pm On Sep 29, 2013
Elo Baybe!
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by UjSizzle(f): 1:52pm On Sep 29, 2013
Homguy: Yes ma'am ,you r welcome.
lol and one more thing tongue
The illuminati was formed during the era of Enlightenment, whereas Da Vinci lived in the Rennaissance period in Italy. He couldn't possibly have been a founding father, cos this places him in the wrong era undecided grin

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Kessythegeek(m): 1:56pm On Sep 29, 2013
Mona-overrated!
Lisa-overhyped poo!
White goofs and paintings!

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by druid06(m): 1:57pm On Sep 29, 2013
myners007 :
you are finnicky bout everything and parochial to the extent that you can doubt if your are a progeny of your own parents

na me you wan use test if you sabi speak english?
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Homguy(m): 2:08pm On Sep 29, 2013
uj_sizzle:
lol and one more thing tongue
The illuminati was formed during the era of Enlightenment, whereas Da Vinci lived in the Rennaissance period in Italy. He couldn't possibly have been a founding father, cos this places him in the wrong era undecided grin
*one ROSE 4 u* u did a lil research. D illuminati actuali existd b4 Da vinci.
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by myners007: 2:14pm On Sep 29, 2013
druid06:

na me you wan use test if you sabi speak english?
Pls my Phd obtained at the prestigious University of Birmingham wasnt a fluke, rather it was as a result of delligence and huge financial investment

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by ungab(m): 2:14pm On Sep 29, 2013
I observed and noticed that italians and french have a notorious culture of trying to overhype their work of arts (hiding it under mysticsm thus making it difficult for critics usually by using esoteric languages and occultic codes).

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by ungab(m): 2:26pm On Sep 29, 2013
Go to kitchen- italian believe dat no oda race can do better so also d french.Shoe making, furniture making,french coutoure(clothing).these are things other race& people can do (even better).This they do to make them and their endeavour look superior

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by nairaman66(m): 2:39pm On Sep 29, 2013
chestersmith:

[size=25pt]BECAUSE THATS MARY MACDALENE, THE WIFE OF JESUS CHRIST. THE HOLY GODESS. PAINTED BY DA VINCI. THE OGA ON TOP WANTED TO CONCEAL THIS SHE EXISTED THATS WHY IT WAS PAINTED AS MONA LISA.

[/size]

end time stuffs.

There is a saying that madness exists in different forms undecided
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Originalsly: 3:09pm On Sep 29, 2013
It's all about the artist and not the painting. If you had painted it then it would worth a little more than the canvas it was painted on. If the same artist knocked over his paint cans and spilled the paint on a canvas....when dry it would sell for millions and there would be praises and interpretations of yet another fine piece of art....The Emperor's New Clothes.

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by druid06(m): 3:29pm On Sep 29, 2013
myners007 :
Pls my Phd obtained at the prestigious University of Birmingham wasnt a fluke, rather it was as a result of delligence and huge financial investment

Who gives a hoot if your alma mata is the prestigious Harvard University. Not me though!

BTW, you need go get a refund cause you're a fraud.
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by nicechic(f): 3:50pm On Sep 29, 2013
like seriously

Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by patpeypey: 4:04pm On Sep 29, 2013
chestersmith:

[size=25pt]BECAUSE THATS MARY MACDALENE, THE WIFE OF JESUS CHRIST. THE HOLY GODESS. PAINTED BY DA VINCI. THE OGA ON TOP WANTED TO CONCEAL THIS SHE EXISTED THATS WHY IT WAS PAINTED AS MONA LISA.

[/size]

end time stuffs.

The beginning of madness
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 29, 2013
Well, followin Dan Brown's Angels and Demons & Davinci's Code, iRealised that the Monalisa's face iz actually half male, half female (check out the eyes n smile) plus Leonardo used a unique style of paintin where u have an underlyin portrait n anoda portrait on top of it...there's alot to this painting, tis a work of perspective where you'd wonder n wish to see what Monalisa sees...No doubt tis a wonderful masterpiece n I'ma be at tha Louvre Museum one day to relish this artistic work.
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 29, 2013
nbright: The Davinci Code by Dan Brown gave me a whole different view about the drawing... It was really mind blowing
Yeah. That was a piece.
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
There are two types of Naija. The ones who have eyes to see and appreciate a good art work. And the ones who are blind, and incapable of seeing and appreciating a good art work. The blind are fond of destroying it with their mouths and most of the time, the blinds are the fking poor people.
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by EmmyDe25(m): 5:29pm On Sep 29, 2013
I think the French and the Italian would have more answers.. For all i care/know, It is a priceless work of art, and at a point brought about a sort of crisis between the French and the Italian regarding who should have the painting for keep.
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Illuminatus(m): 5:33pm On Sep 29, 2013
kiddeinstein: Well, followin Dan Brown's Angels and Demons & Davinci's Code, iRealised that the Monalisa's face iz actually half male, half female (check out the eyes n smile) plus Leonardo used a unique style of paintin where u have an underlyin portrait n anoda portrait on top of it...there's alot to this painting, tis a work of perspective where you'd wonder n wish to see what Monalisa sees...No doubt tis a wonderful masterpiece n I'ma be at tha Louvre Museum one day to relish this artistic work.
The face is really Da Vinci's. He just added a few feminine touches.
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Illuminatus(m): 5:36pm On Sep 29, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
I hate to break it to you, but although The Da Vinci Code - which is the Dan Brown book that mentions this painting - is based on some facts, it is still greatly hypothetical, with many unproven facts.
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by shonibare123: 5:53pm On Sep 29, 2013
Many thing attach to mona lisa, the beaauty, the art and design,history and many more..
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by infiniteloop(m): 6:12pm On Sep 29, 2013
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 29, 2013
I have never enjoyed, appreciated and learn from Nairaland like I have done today.
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by yemmy75(m): 7:32pm On Sep 29, 2013
I think its more about the age of the artwork and the history behind it. For example with modern methods, better stone images than those in Esie can be made, but it would not have quite the history that the original ones had. Another fact to support this is that replicas of most of these artworks can be obtained cheaply. This replicas can usually only be differentiated from the original artwork by expert eyes, yet there's a world of difference between the prices.
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by Stallion84(m): 7:55pm On Sep 29, 2013
Fazhy: Mona Lisa represent different interpretation to different people. That is what is special about it.
art gives diff meaning to diff people and not just ML
Re: What Is So Special About Mona Lisa? by agehero13(f): 8:14pm On Sep 29, 2013
even i myself i av been wondering, wats so special about d picture, they treasure it in most american movies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pencil Works By My 14 Year Old Borther / Drawing & Painting Of An 8-Year-Old Boy (Photos) / This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.