Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Why The Question Of A Baby's Gender First? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why The Question Of A Baby's Gender First? (660 Views)

Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality / A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. / I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Question Of A Baby's Gender First? by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 27, 2013
Please why is it that most times when you tell some people that a woman has been delivered of a child,the first response you get is "what did she give birth to,is it a boy or girl?" Or "watin she born?"..grin

It has hapend to me on many occassion..why??

I feel the first response shud be "ThankGod" for Safe Delivery before asking to know the gender of the baby..

What do you think?
Re: Why The Question Of A Baby's Gender First? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
I don't know if it is a Nigerian thing but it could be quite annoying grin,People already have an expectation of the gender you are supposed to give birth to grin
Re: Why The Question Of A Baby's Gender First? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 27, 2013
byvan: I don't know if it is a Nigerian thing but it could be quite annoying grin,People already have an expectation of the gender you are supposed to give birth to grin

Rily annoyin..nigerian thing grin
Re: Why The Question Of A Baby's Gender First? by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 28, 2013
Oyinbos will ask you while pregnant 'what you're having' so how's it a Nigerian thing? undecided
Re: Why The Question Of A Baby's Gender First? by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 28, 2013
@Madam Jide,if you have a boy,nigerians expects a girl next,if you have a girl,they expect a boy next.Its not just about knowing what you are having but telling you what you are supposed to be having.Some doesn't even hide their disappointment when you didn't meet their birthing expectation,they can blankly tell you"why you dey born only girl or why you dey born only boy" grin.

Oyinbos do ask, not because they have a problem with whatever gender you are having,Nigerians takes the gender thing personal.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Question Of A Baby's Gender First? by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 28, 2013
In a country where male children are valued more than female children,what do you expect?..

I know of a woman,she has five girls but she's pregnant again cos she's looking for a male child and i know everyone in my neighborhood is eagerly waiting to know if this one is going to be a boy or girl agn..

God help her if she gives birth to a girl again,she's on her own--OYO

1 Like

Re: Why The Question Of A Baby's Gender First? by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 28, 2013
They ll still complain when you have only male undecided
Re: Why The Question Of A Baby's Gender First? by EfemenaXY: 9:10am On Sep 28, 2013
Titiluvly: Please why is it that most times when you tell some people that a woman has been delivered of a child,the first response you get is "what did she give birth to,is it a boy or girl?" Or "watin she born?"..grin

It has hapend to me on many occassion..why??

I feel the first response shud be "ThankGod" for Safe Delivery before asking to know the gender of the baby..

What do you think?

I think you need to change the people you roll with.

1 Like

Re: Why The Question Of A Baby's Gender First? by jmoore(m): 9:56am On Sep 28, 2013
If you buy a car I will ask which type of car you bought.

(1) (Reply)

Please, I Need Your Help. / Bring Your Photo Albums Back To Life! / Have You Ever Betrayed A Friend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.