Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo (3353 Views)

What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi / PDP Spent N2.5bn On Presidential Poll Adverts, APC N728m – Report / Anxiety Over Cracks On N2.5bn Jonathan Commissioned Flyover In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by veraponpo(m): 4:52pm On Sep 27, 2013
agbameta: Back to topic...

So, we have Radisson building a 5 STAR hotel with golf course in Osun, now the Best Western is complementing that with theirs..

Ogbeni is is ne heck of a public administrator...

He go the Agric thing on lock

He's pursuing IT and high-tech relentlessly

Bow he's attacking tourism and related infrastructures to the "T" ..

Just one reason 'Passion for the job'

Others like Akala, Gbenga Daniel, Ladoja, Oyinlola,etc that did not perform when they were there came because they wanted to make money. Aregebesola came and recruited 20,000 youths within 100 days, as small as it may look, N200,000,000 from govt coffer is not a joke every month but he understands the multiplier effect of that on the economy. Now 40,000 youths, you thinks he is a fool?

The man is leading with a strong passion just like Fashola and Amosun...

I know Ogbeni is a trained engineer, but the way he's putting everything together like jigsaw puzzle in Osun is breathtaking.
Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by agbameta: 5:04pm On Sep 27, 2013
bestview: Oshun is a rural, timid and local state. Who is gonna lodge in the hotel? Is it the poor people of oshun who cannot afford three square meals? Or who visits oshun if not same yeroba people? The clown should just focus on cocoa farming and stop wasting his time on white elephant projects that cannot bring returns on investment in such a poor state as oshun.

Do you people really think multi national comps with decades of experience don't know what they are doing or that they don't do their home work and research before investing their money?

Then highlighted shows that you are another ignorant joker with lousy knowledge about his own country and obviously poor elementary school grades in social studies...

Your FG pronounced Osun Grove a National Monument in 1965. Osun Grove is a UNESCO declared heritage and tourist location and your federal government make millions selling tickets to tourists visiting hundreds of tourists sites in Osun state. every year...

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1118

National Commission for Museum and Monuments issues ticket that allows a tourist to enter the grove. The ticket costs N100.

And according to Mr. Olakunle, about 100, 000 tourists visit the grove yearly aside from those who come for the festival.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/art/arts/130702-revving-up-osun-osogbo-festival-to-global-taste

^^^^^^ Even though the useless FG is not doing much to invest in what's really a gold mine. Thanks to Ogbeni for his leadership role and race to turn Osun and Nigeria into a vibrant tourist location..

1 Like

Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 27, 2013
Osun a dara cool cool

1 Like

Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by geeez: 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2013
agbameta:

Do you people really think multi national comps with decades of experience don't know what they are doing or that they don't do their home work and research before investing their money?

Then highlighted shows that you are another ignorant joker with lousy knowledge about his own country and obviously poor elementary school grades in social studies...

Your FG pronounced Osun Grove a National Monument in 1965. Osun Grove is a UNESCO declared heritage and tourist location and your federal government make millions selling tickets to tourists visiting hundreds of tourists sites in Osun state. every year...

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1118

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/art/arts/130702-revving-up-osun-osogbo-festival-to-global-taste

^^^^^^ Even though the useless FG is not doing much to invest in what's really a gold mine. Thanks to Ogbeni for his leadership role and race to turn Osun and Nigeria into a vibrant tourist location..

It's best you ignore them

They post those things but deep within their hearts they are hurt, pained, frustrated and wondering why their states can't do half as much
Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by agbameta: 5:17pm On Sep 27, 2013
geeez:

It's best you ignore them

They post those things but deep within their hearts they are hurt, pained, frustrated and wondering why their states can't do half as much

I see what you're saying, but these illiterates and drop outs obviously didn't get any meaningful education apart from whatever hate and bigotry they received on their parents laps. We should expose their illiteracy and shallowness and also help educate them sometimes..
Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by ba7man(m): 5:23pm On Sep 27, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Osun a dara cool cool
Are u sure you're Cameroonian??
Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by Atouke: 5:26pm On Sep 27, 2013
Best western operates motels worldwide a motel is more or less a bed and breakfast type thing. is this the only chain that rauf could find? why is fauf spending 2.5bn to build a bed and breakfast type place? and some clowns are celebrating this?

1 Like

Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by Atouke: 5:27pm On Sep 27, 2013
Best western operates motels worldwide a motel is more or less a bed and breakfast type thing. is this the only chain that rauf could find? why is osun rascal spending 2.5bn to build a bed and breakfast type place? and some clowns are celebrating this?

??
Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by agbameta: 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2013
Atouke: Best western operates motels worldwide a motel is more or less a bed and breakfast type thing. is this the only chain that rauf could find? why is fauf spending 2.5bn to build a bed and breakfast type place? and some clowns are celebrating this?

With boat loads of illiterates running in Nigeria, that country is eternally doomed..

1 Like

Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by Atouke: 5:29pm On Sep 27, 2013
OAM4J pls move this to front page its happening in SW therefore it deserves to be in the front page plsssssss.
Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 27, 2013
Atouke: Best western operates motels worldwide a motel is more or less a bed and breakfast type thing. is this the only chain that rauf could find? why is osun rascal spending 2.5bn to build a bed and breakfast type place? and some clowns are celebrating this?

??
okay we have heard you, now kindly f*ck off
Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by Atouke: 5:44pm On Sep 27, 2013
best western in all their operations worldwide do not even have one star cos they operate a bed and breakfast motel. but when it comes to nigeria it suddenly has 4 stars. who is deceiving who?

anyways will reserve my comments till it gets built if it will be built.
Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by ba7man(m): 5:45pm On Sep 27, 2013
Atouke: Best western operates motels worldwide a motel is more or less a bed and breakfast type thing. is this the only chain that rauf could find? why is osun rascal spending 2.5bn to build a bed and breakfast type place? and some clowns are celebrating this?

??
BEST WESTERN International, Inc., operator of the Best Western Hotel brand, is the world's largest hotel chain, with over 4,195 hotels in over 100 countries.[2] The chain, with its corporate headquarters in Phoenix,[3] operates more than 2,000 hotels in North America alone. Best Western has a marketing program involving placement of free Wi-Fi access hotspots in its hotels.

Since 2002, Best Western International has begun creating an upscale brand for some properties located in Europe and Asia: Best Western Premier. By 2011, the chain's branding was modified⁠; the basic Best Western name is now complemented by Best Western Plus and Best Western Premier properties offering progressively improved dining, recreation, and room guarantees.[4] The hotel descriptor categories are now used by Best Western hotels around the world. Since it no longer operated under a single brand, Best Western concurrently modified its slogan in 2011 from "the world's largest hotel chain" to "the world's largest hotel family."

Culled from Wikipedia.
Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by Atouke: 5:52pm On Sep 27, 2013
Rauf is yet to complete even one quality project in osun except the distribution of the inferior chinese tablets to about 200 students in the whole state. all he does execute projects on the pages of newspapers with the help of his lapdogs its spread over nairaland.

Rauf is all talk and no substance. Until he completes one project in the state this will be one of those political/propaganda project.
Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by ba7man(m): 5:54pm On Sep 27, 2013
Atouke: best western in all their operations worldwide do not even have one star cos they operate a bed and breakfast motel. but when it comes to nigeria it suddenly has 4 stars. who is deceiving who?

anyways will reserve my comments till it gets built if it will be built.
Pls ignore this dude i just quoted. He's probably mad that the Hotel Franchise ignored his region and decided on Osun State with all its "poverty".

Just type in "Best Western Hotels Ratings" on your Google search and read up yourself.

Best Western Hotels have a 3-4 star Rating on the international scale.
Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by Atouke: 5:56pm On Sep 27, 2013
ba7man: Pls ignore this dude i just quoted. He's probably mad that the Hotel Franchise ignored his region and decided on Osun State with all its "poverty".

Just type in "Best Western Hotels Ratings" on your Google search and read up yourself.

Best Western Hotels have a 3-4 star Rating on the international scale.

you mean osun stars?
Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by ba7man(m): 5:57pm On Sep 27, 2013
Atouke: Rauf is yet to complete even one quality project in osun except the distribution of the inferior chinese tablets to about 200 students in the whole state. all he does execute projects on the pages of newspapers with the help of his lapdogs its spread over nairaland.

Rauf is all talk and no substance. Until he completes one project in the state this will be one of those political/propaganda project.
Go sleep jooor. The fact that you're trying to detract from the news by lying that the Hotel chain is actually a Motel exposes who you really are.

Go drown yourself in the nearest creek to you.
Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by ba7man(m): 5:59pm On Sep 27, 2013
Atouke:

you mean osun stars?
I've just exposed you as a liar.

Go check up on the Hotel Chain online.
Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by FreeGlobe(f): 6:00pm On Sep 27, 2013
Atouke: Rauf is yet to complete even one quality project in osun except the distribution of the inferior chinese tablets to about 200 students in the whole state. all he does execute projects on the pages of newspapers with the help of his lapdogs its spread over nairaland.

do you mean opon imo publicity scam? with only 200 tablets distributed to students with millions spent on publicity and the ceremony?
Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by FreeGlobe(f): 6:02pm On Sep 27, 2013
ba7man: I've just exposed you as a liar.

what we are asking is who will use the hotel if eventually built considering what happened to nearby shoprite in Ibadan. Osun people are hungry and need to feed.

2 Likes

Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by dayokanu(m): 6:07pm On Sep 27, 2013
That would boom the tourism potential of the State.

With the Osun grove getting more attention and patronage

Osun a dara o
Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by Atouke: 6:07pm On Sep 27, 2013
ba7man: I've just exposed you as a liar.

Rauf is taking osun state for a ride by plunging it into debt to fund white elephant projects + his pocket. go and check osun debt profile! dont be too fast to call me a liar, you can do so when he completes the project.Did you know that the contract for 200 cheap chinese tablets distributed to students was awarded to raufs son at inflated cost?
my friend open your eyes and say no to raising the debt profile of osun by rauf. the future of the state is at stake.stop being" rauf defender" for osun defender already exist

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/opon-imo-scam-exposed-aregbesola-awards-contract-to-own-son-at-inflated-price
Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 27, 2013
Too much hate here it not funny anymore. u people sound Bush ,the hotel will benefit everyone who of course has the money. so why the hate ? Are they going to discriminate @ the gate?

1 Like

Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by bestview: 6:19pm On Sep 27, 2013
FreeGlobe:
what we are asking is who will use the hotel if eventually built considering what happened to nearby shoprite in Ibadan. Osun people are hungry and need to feed.

With earth scotching poverty in oshun, I still can't fathon how this charlet that the clown is wasting resources on will survive considering that the shoprite in ibadam has been over grown by weeds due to zero patronage.

1 Like

Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by PaulJohn1: 6:21pm On Sep 27, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Too much hate here it not funny anymore. u people sound Bush ,the hotel will benefit everyone who of course has the money. so why the hate ? Are they going to discriminate @ the gate?

Bad belleism, jealousy, if we can't develop they also must not develop syndrome and many more...

Welcome to Nigeria my man cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by FreeGlobe(f): 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2013
bestview:

With earth scotching poverty in oshun, I still can't fathon how this charlet that the clown is wasting resources on will survive considering that the shoprite in ibadam has been over grown by weeds due to zero patronage.
I wonder too my brother, cheesy cheesy cheesy it seems the agbero governor likes playing to the gallery while osun people struggle to eat 1 square ewa/amala meal daily. Smh
Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by 0monnakoda: 6:33pm On Sep 27, 2013
$16 million for a 4 star hotel?

Is there any 4 star hotel in Nigeria ?
Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by Atouke: 7:03pm On Sep 27, 2013
ba7man: BEST WESTERN International, Inc., operator of the Best Western Hotel brand, is the world's largest hotel chain, with over 4,195 hotels in over 100 countries.[2] The chain, with its corporate headquarters in Phoenix,[3] operates more than 2,000 hotels in North America alone. Best Western has a marketing program involving placement of free Wi-Fi access hotspots in its hotels.

Since 2002, Best Western International has begun creating an upscale brand for some properties located in Europe and Asia: Best Western Premier. By 2011, the chain's branding was modified⁠; the basic Best Western name is now complemented by Best Western Plus and Best Western Premier properties offering progressively improved dining, recreation, and room guarantees.[4] The hotel descriptor categories are now used by Best Western hotels around the world. Since it no longer operated under a single brand, Best Western concurrently modified its slogan in 2011 from "the world's largest hotel chain" to "the world's largest hotel family."

Culled from Wikipedia.

I have slept in several best western motels, when i do its usually when am broke or trying to save money. they are mostly motels only a class above motel six. this is far from the picture that rauf and his minions are trying to paint about their propaganda plan.
Do you know the brand personally or just from google? That said it will be a good plan as it is an international brand but my beef with it is that it might never be built as rauf is not know to complete any of his plans all he does is borrow money that the state does not have to execute on newspaper/media and enrich himself and family.
Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 27, 2013

i know you really want to do it oya grab a rope and kill yourself!

Re: N2.5bn Best Western Hotel Coming To Osogbo by Gbawe: 7:27pm On Sep 27, 2013

??

What is wrong with you? Even if they indoctrinate you to hate and pull others down blindly, can you not read and comprehend what is written before you let the hate in your heart dictate your utterance?

To be financed by Keynes Private Equity

Furthermore, the poster below has illustrated what I am always warning about when I say Nigerians are beginning to show a unique level of hatred for each other that will continue to keep us down while others make progress. The poster below is Cameroonian yet balanced, positive-minded and decent enough to understand that a good thing is a good thing. No two ways about it. Soon Nigerian blogs will be unique for the revolting Nigerian-on-Nigerian 'bad belle' hatred going on there that is unrivalled by blogs of other nations.

CAMEROONPRIDE: Too much hate here it not funny anymore. u people sound Bush ,the hotel will benefit everyone who of course has the money. so why the hate ? Are they going to discriminate @ the gate?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Possible Reaction from Patrick Obahiagbon's To Obasanjo's And Daughter's Letters / "Leave Trash For Lawman" - Senator Ben Bruce Tells Pres. Buhari / These People, Not Muslims Are Behind Southern Kaduna Killings - Dambazau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.