Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,226 members, 7,815,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair (62160 Views)

The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures / Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa / Beautiful Faces Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nyumba(m): 7:53pm On Oct 02, 2013
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by kandiikane(m): 7:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
^^Yooooo grin

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
Nyumba: Rwandan men in the old times

[img]http://www.newtimes.co.rw/news/files/photos/14127-Traditional-drummers..jpg[/img]

Hyper jump

[img]http://faculty.history.umd.edu/Landau/Website/Website-Images/51.jpg[/img]
yoooo grin this people are extremely tall.

What's hyperjump?
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by kandiikane(m): 10:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
lol, so I am not the only one who got the urge to say 'yoo' when I saw the picture? grin

These people should be repping their country. They can high jump without poles.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:53pm On Oct 02, 2013
kandiikane: lol, so I am not the only one who got the urge to say 'yoo' when I saw the picture? grin

These people should be repping their country. They can high jump without poles.
lol, m sure they do well in the olympics though, just like the Masaai people.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 1:24am On Oct 03, 2013
Venda girl and Shangaan dancers, South Africa

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by ATMC(f): 2:16am On Oct 03, 2013
while repping nigeria, only igbo hausa n yeroba featured, somborri should help with other tribes na
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 03, 2013
spikes C: [size=18pt]Ndi Igbo Kwenu!!!![/size]

Nwa unu bu onye Nkanu abiala cool

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/135042_isi-agu2_jpg78e79483501fde540fb8253f75826d13[/img]

Even presido dey rep us grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/424887_goodluck_Ebele_Jonathan_in_Igbo_attire__jpgba0e1b69961d52ecb36b9b07a0d55cb6

Nna, i love your pictures especially that Ibo girl dancing and Mr. president, the Chinaemeze1 of Igboland...
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nyumba(m): 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: yoooo grin this people are extremely tall.

What's hyperjump?
It's an emphasis on the word "high jump", these people were jumping higher than many semi-professional athlets of these days.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nyumba(m): 1:30pm On Oct 03, 2013
They are tall because they drink a lot of milk, and they received a stretching massage every day while they were infants. My father is tutsi, my mother hutu, and since are tutsi women that carry this tradition there was no massage for me.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nyumba(m): 1:47pm On Oct 03, 2013
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:55pm On Oct 03, 2013
Nyumba: They are tall because they drink a lot of milk, and they received a stretching massage every day while they were infants. My father is tutsi, my mother hutu, and since are tutsi women that carry this tradition there was no massage for me.
Interesting grin

So is the massaging tradition still carried out in this era?
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:00pm On Oct 03, 2013
Tumisang: Venda girl and Shangaan dancers, South Africa
One of our own just landed grin.

Are Southern sotho or nothern sotho Tumisang?
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by arrester: 2:03pm On Oct 03, 2013
Mod/0p pls change "fare" to "fair"
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 03, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: One of our own just landed grin.

Are Southern sotho Mosotho or nothern sotho Mopedi Tumisang?

^^^ This is a travesty angry angry

I'm a Southie Mosotho boi. cool
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nyumba(m): 3:49pm On Oct 03, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Interesting grin

So is the massaging tradition still carried out in this era?
Yes cool
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:05pm On Oct 03, 2013
Southern Sothos

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Ikoniko(f): 4:18pm On Oct 03, 2013
[quote author=triploc]hnmmmm........ Igala people photos no easy to find oo, i think it's time we started posting more igala pics into cyberspace, see how i dey sweat, these are the little i could get abeg make una free me! still repping #team igala sha

though i still dey wonder wether na only me be Igala for here #am so lonely

you are not alone Triploc, i am solidly behind you. Searching for pix too

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by ATMC(f): 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2013
wey d igala pix? me no see o
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:38pm On Oct 03, 2013
ATMC: wey d igala pix? me no see o
they are still searching for them
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Fulaman198(m): 5:23pm On Oct 03, 2013
ATMC: while repping nigeria, only igbo hausa n yeroba featured, somborri should help with other tribes na

I have not seen any Hausa featured, I already listed Fulani
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by VivyGift(f): 7:46pm On Oct 03, 2013
Interesting

Following#
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 04, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Southern Sothos
dem dey wear jeans and canvas for traditional
Nawa o.

grin grin grin
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 04, 2013
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:40am On Oct 07, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Claim your heritage as we make a month of October, the first Nairaland celebrated African cultures fare.

Here is how we are going to do it;

Second week will be for food....showcasing our traditional dishes and elaborating on how they are prepared.
Last week was a huge success and I hope this week will be the same. Thanks to everyone who took their precious time to participate in this initiative, may God bless you abundantly.

I will pick out the names of those who posted their traditional dressing and let them take us in a journey of what they eat and how the food is prepared. grin
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 07, 2013
igbos representing jare,no dulling

proudly igbo,anytime,anyday

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by triploc: 10:48am On Oct 07, 2013
ATMC: wey d igala pix? me no see o
check the 2nd page of this topic, i had earlier posted some igala pics, you can add more if you can.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by triploc: 10:53am On Oct 07, 2013
[quote author=Ikoniko][/quote]

oma igala megba oo!!!!! (hope am right?) can you post more igala pics and also talk about igala food? oje abacha and others..... moreova i dey find igala gurl marry o
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by spikesC(m): 2:27pm On Oct 07, 2013
This is Nkwobi cool

As it is believed, the way to a man's heart is via his stomach lipsrsealed

Nkwobi is a delicacy from Igbo Land. It is not regarded as food but desert wink

It is prepared with kanda a.k.a kpomo, goat/cow meat, ugba, palm oil and a few other stuffs.
When serving, slices of fresh pepper and onions are carefully used to decorate it.

For maximum satisfaction, it is advised to serve with Ice Cold beer (Heineken to be precise wink ) or Nkwu enu a.k.a Palm wine

2 Likes

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:30pm On Oct 07, 2013
spikes C: This is Nkwobi cool

As it is believed, the way to a man's heart is via his stomach lipsrsealed

Nkwobi is a delicacy from Igbo Land. It is not regarded as food but desert wink

It is prepared with kanda a.k.a kpomo, goat/cow meat, ugba, palm oil and a few other stuffs.
When serving, slices of fresh pepper and onions are carefully used to decorate it.

For maximum satisfaction, it is advised to serve with Ice Cold beer (Heineken to be precise wink ) or Nkwu enu a.k.a Palm wine
Is it hot? Looks delicious grin
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Joshthefirst(m): 2:34pm On Oct 07, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Is it hot? Looks delicious grin
it's nice. Very nice.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by spikesC(m): 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Is it hot? Looks delicious grin

Very very delicious cheesy

It is normally just warm cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) / The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There / 15 Top Rated International Musicians Of Yoruba Descent (Old and Contemporary)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.