Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair (62158 Views)

The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures / Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa / Beautiful Faces Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:34am On Oct 10, 2013
spikes C: hmmmmmmmm shocked shocked shocked shocked

Which tribe got this?

I think i need to get married grin
I pray she is yoruba....
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 1:36am On Oct 10, 2013

Which tribe got this?

grin grin Am from Djibouti for the most part, my friend. On here in an effort to learn about other African cultures of which I know so very little. Nice to meet ya. Where u from?
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by spikesC(m): 1:40am On Oct 10, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

grin grin Am from Djibouti for the most part, my friend. On here in an effort to learn about other African cultures of which I know so very little. Nice to meet ya. Where u from?

Igbo, South Eastern Nigeria. Nice to meet you too cool
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:44am On Oct 10, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

so you speak Somali? Just googled your country, embarassed I didn't even know it exists.

Welcome to nairaland grin
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 1:46am On Oct 10, 2013
spikes C:

Igbo, South Eastern Nigeria. Nice to meet you too cool

Cool! I've met but one Igbo my entire life. Was a nice fellow.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 1:59am On Oct 10, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: so you speak Somali? Just googled your country, embarassed I didn't even know it exists.

Welcome to nairaland grin

Thanks! I appreciate the welcome.

Well, Djibouti is quite a small country so perhaps not many have heard of it. It's populated by a Somali majority and an Afar minority. The national anthem is sung in both languages. I speak Somali, yes. Also understand Afar moderately.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by spikesC(m): 1:59am On Oct 10, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Cool! I've met but one Igbo my entire life. Was a nice fellow.

lol...we're nice dear cool

Atleast, most of us wink

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:02am On Oct 10, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Thanks! I appreciate the welcome.

Well, Djibouti is quite a small country so perhaps not many have heard of it. It's populated by a Somali majority and an Afar minority. The national anthem is sung in both languages. I speak Somali, yes. Also understand Afar moderately.

Just like mine lol, are muslim too?
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:03am On Oct 10, 2013
spikes C:

lol...we're nice dear cool

Atleast, most of us wink
you got mail
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 2:10am On Oct 10, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Just like mine lol, are muslim too?

I don't identify with a particular religion, not that I would consider myself atheist at all!
I'm trying to find the truth. I'm highly interested in finding out about the old religions my ancestors practiced...have a lot of questions about that lol
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by spikesC(m): 2:12am On Oct 10, 2013
Now here, we have Abacha, popularly know as African salad wink
Abacha is a very popular delicacy that has grown out of the borders of any tribe.

It is made from shredded Cassava and can come in different sizes.
In my maternal side, Eziagu, it is taken that Abacha should never be used as a main meal, but as a desert.
If you visit, the people of Eziagu, they'll serve you Abacha just to welcome you whilst preparing the main food.

It can also be prepared in soooo many ways.
It is advised to serve with kpomo, fried fish and Ugba.

A bottle of Coca Cola would also do you very good with it wink

[img]http://viviannesblog.files./2012/06/abacha-2.jpeg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/287998_african_salad_with_ugba_fish_n_kponmo_jpgce600b56858ff920bef52b22d30e587b

[img]http://viviannesblog.files./2012/06/abacha.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/287878_abacha_jpgd4acd96a6a5f2ee3af85db992b4f53fe

3 Likes

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by spikesC(m): 2:14am On Oct 10, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: you got mail

Replied 45 minutes ago wink
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 2:14am On Oct 10, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Thanks girl, what's your tribe? And how do I prepare anjero?

Sorry I'm so slow to respond! Here's a link, a video would explain better than my words can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veSvm0mk96E
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:21am On Oct 10, 2013
spikes C:

Replied 45 minutes ago wink
I didn't get it
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by spikesC(m): 2:23am On Oct 10, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I didn't get it
resent again, via gmail
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 2:24am On Oct 10, 2013
spikes C: Now here, we have Abacha, popularly know as African salad wink
Abacha is a very popular delicacy that has grown out of the borders of any tribe.

In my maternal side, Eziagu, it is taken that Abacha should never be used as a main meal, but as a desert.
If you visit, the people of Eziagu, they'll serve you Abacha just to welcome you whilst preparing the main food.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/287998_african_salad_with_ugba_fish_n_kponmo_jpgce600b56858ff920bef52b22d30e587b

It looks really delicious. Although I had to look up Cassava...never seen that plant ever before. Maybe it doesn't grow in our neck of the woods.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:25am On Oct 10, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

I don't identify with a particular religion, not that I would consider myself atheist at all!
I'm trying to find the truth. I'm highly interested in finding out about the old religions my ancestors practiced...have a lot of questions about that lol
This is the right place but reading through your country's wiki your Afro-Asiatic right? Just open a thread on this section with your questions, we have Shymeex and his crew to help you out.

Sorry I can't view the video sad
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:28am On Oct 10, 2013
spikes C: Now here, we have Abacha, popularly know as African salad wink

looks delicious, but not with fish. Why do Nigerians like fish so much?
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 2:29am On Oct 10, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: This is the right place but reading through your country's wiki your Afro-Asiatic right? Just open a thread on this section with your questions, we have Shymeex and his crew to help you out.

Sorry I can't view the video sad

Yes, I suppose that's the word. That would be interesting! Will do as soon as I get the hang of this. Are you from SA?
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:30am On Oct 10, 2013
spikes C: resent again, via gmail
try sending me a pm, I don't know what's wrong.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:32am On Oct 10, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Yes, I suppose that's the word. That would be interesting! Will do as soon as I get the hang of this. Are you from SA?
how can I put this My country is landlocked inside South Africa. M from Lesotho
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 2:41am On Oct 10, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: how can I put this My country is landlocked inside South Africa. M from Lesotho

I've heard of it! What's it like? Are you living in Nigeria@ Spikes C
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by ATMC(f): 6:45am On Oct 10, 2013

Which tribe got this?

lol...wife number
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by ATMC(f): 6:51am On Oct 10, 2013
@spike c i should eat abacha this afternoon...u just wetted my appetite cheesy
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:03am On Oct 10, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

I've heard of it! What's it like?
Hot, cold but winter starts early in April till september, its a mountainous place, which means we have snow too often than most of Southern African countries. We rely on South Africa for almost everything though. Check its geographic wiki pedia
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nyumba(m): 8:04pm On Oct 10, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: How do I prepare those? Fried plantain is inviting gosh.
Here is the recipe http://latinfood.about.com/od/saladsdressings/r/fried-ripe-plantains.htm
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by spikesC(m): 10:24pm On Oct 10, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: looks delicious, but not with fish. Why do Nigerians like fish so much?

Not with fish? shocked shocked
If i go to buy abacha, i'll ask for fish first tongue

Nigerians? naaah, i think we like meat more cool
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by spikesC(m): 10:25pm On Oct 10, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

I've heard of it! What's it like? Are you living in Nigeria@ Spikes C

Yes, i am cool
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by spikesC(m): 10:25pm On Oct 10, 2013
ATMC: lol...wife number

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Fulaman198(m): 5:10am On Oct 11, 2013
spikes C:

To me, fish and meat are the same thing. It is an animal that one eats, though typically speaking when one refers to meat, they are talking about flesh of a mammal (e.g. a chicken, a cow, a goat).
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
spikes C:

The first Nigerian I was close to said ya'll likes fish.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by spikesC(m): 11:11pm On Oct 11, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: The first Nigerian I was close to said ya'll likes fish.

Lol, he's definitely very mistaken.

I can assure you, meat sells here like water cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There / The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) / 15 Top Rated International Musicians Of Yoruba Descent (Old and Contemporary)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.