Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair (62155 Views)

The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures / Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa / Beautiful Faces Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
Ok please more food, actually I want to know what your forefathers ate guys, back in the days?
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by ATMC(f): 4:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
@spike c yhu r doing me akpiri ton ton
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
Out of more than million uses on Nairaland, we only have 14 different tribes? 14 shocked shocked nawa o for Nairalanders.

This means those who didn't show their cultures are not proud of their heritage, o well, it is well sha.

Please those who participated last week, its that time of the month, Food gallary. grin

1. Southern Sotho- Humbledbygrace

2. Somali; somal

3. Esan people; Ich liebe dich

4. Yakurr; poshdiva

5. Bapedi; ngwana.mobu

6. Igbo; SpikesC, ATMC, stillwater-

7. Igala; Triploc

8. Fulani; fulaman198

10. Mende; Kandikane

11. Edo; still water

12. Rwanda; Nyumba

13. Venda and Shagaan; Tumisang

14. Bamileke; Nyumba
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by spikesC(m): 4:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
ATMC: @spike c yhu r doing me akpiri ton ton

lol...come to Enugu, i'll give u a treat of our special nkwobi, bush meat and palm wine wink
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by ATMC(f): 4:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
spikes C:

lol...come to Enugu, i'll give u a treat of our special nkwobi, bush meat and palm wine wink
when?
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by spikesC(m): 4:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
ATMC: when?

anytime sweety, anytime cool
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by ATMC(f): 5:28pm On Oct 08, 2013
spikes C:

anytime sweety, anytime cool
ok
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
Oi oi oi!! - let me bless this thread with Yoruba men and swagger on a hundred thousand trillion!!

You definitely can't have more swagger than a Yoruba man - never!! grin grin

Proudly Yoruba!!!

[size=14pt]President Obasanjo and President Jimmy Carter of USA!![/size]

3 Likes

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 08, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 08, 2013

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 08, 2013

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 08, 2013
Prince of swagdad!!!! grin

Proudly Yoruba¬¬¬!! grin

[img]http://3.bp..com/_bLGUP6cPo3c/TKIifA86BGI/AAAAAAAAAG4/rGtM4Z224nE/s640/DSC_1645.JPG[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
Lost for words ^ ^^
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Lost for words ^ ^^

Why?
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
Is that you Shymex
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Is that you Shymex

Where? My pic isn't there - I definitely can't post my pics on this forum. But I've got loads of pics in Yoruba trad clothes at different weddings. tongue

And the ose oke thing used for hats and agbada are quintessentially Yoruba. They're made by yoruba women.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:19pm On Oct 08, 2013
shymexx:

Where? My pic isn't there - I definitely can't post my pics on this forum. But I've got loads of pics in Yoruba trad clothes at different weddings. tongue

And the ose oke thing used for hats and agbada are quintessentially Yoruba. They're made by yoruba women.
m a fan of the yorubas, so where are the food? tongue
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 08, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: m a fan of the yorubas, so where are the food? tongue

I only know a few Yoruba foods - the Yoruba chics on this forum can help you out with that one.

Anonymous6, tpia and ileke_idi - where art thou? tongue
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:08pm On Oct 08, 2013
shymexx:

I only know a few Yoruba foods - the Yoruba chics on this forum can help you out with that one.

Anonymous6, tpia and ileke_idi - where art thou? tongue
post what you know please
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nyumba(m): 11:19am On Oct 09, 2013
Since I'm an immigrant, I eat different African foods
I found the pics that most resembling pics

This ↓
[img]http://2.bp..com/_dqhBk-MK1E8/TTV9z1iYCCI/AAAAAAAAADQ/3BiMbxUm_Dw/s1600/DSCN0077.JPG[/img]

This ↓ (fufu)

This ↓ (plantains)

These are special days foods and I usally eat pasta

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Out of more than million uses on Nairaland, we only have 14 different tribes? 14 shocked shocked nawa o for Nairalanders.

This means those who didn't show their cultures are not proud of their heritage, o well, it is well sha.

Please those who participated last week, its that time of the month, Food gallary. grin

1. Southern Sotho- Humbledbygrace

2. Somali; somal

3. Esan people; Ich liebe dich

4. Yakurr; poshdiva

5. Bapedi; ngwana.mobu

6. Igbo; SpikesC, ATMC, stillwater-

7. Igala; Triploc

8. Fulani; fulaman198

10. Mende; Kandikane

11. Edo; still water

12. Rwanda; Nyumba

13. Venda and Shagaan; Tumisang

14. Bamileke; Nyumba

Me nko
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:16pm On Oct 09, 2013
Nyumba: Since I'm an immigrant, I eat different African foods
I found the pics that most resembling pics

This ↓
[img]http://2.bp..com/_dqhBk-MK1E8/TTV9z1iYCCI/AAAAAAAAADQ/3BiMbxUm_Dw/s1600/DSCN0077.JPG[/img]

This ↓ (fufu)

This ↓ (plantains)

These are special days foods and I usally eat pasta
How do I prepare those? Fried plantain is inviting gosh.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:17pm On Oct 09, 2013
god_of_music: Me nko
its week two, come on.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 09, 2013
NEAT post. Just the kind of thing I was looking for! Look forward to seeing more displays of culture.

My culture is already represented apparently..so I shall remain as an intrigued observer.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:57pm On Oct 09, 2013
EnlightenedSoul: NEAT post. Just the kind of thing I was looking for! Look forward to seeing more displays of culture.

My culture is already represented apparently..so I shall remain as an intrigued observer.
Thanks ma'am but you could help with the food posting na
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 10, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Thanks ma'am but you could help with the food posting na

Alright,sis. Would be glad too but I keep getting this odd "413 entity too large" error..grr. How to fix?
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:33am On Oct 10, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Alright,sis. Would be glad too but I keep getting this odd "413 entity too large" error..grr. How to fix?
the pices should be less tha 25kb in size or else nl won't let you upload. You can resize them, pm me if you are still experiencing problems after resizing them.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by spikesC(m): 12:44am On Oct 10, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: the pices should be less tha 25kb in size or else nl won't let you upload. You can resize them, pm me if you are still experiencing problems after resizing them.

you mean 200kb
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 1:16am On Oct 10, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Thanks ma'am but you could help with the food posting na

Ok, here it is. Let's hope it works.

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 1:23am On Oct 10, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Ok, here it is. Let's hope it works.

YAY it worked..took awhile though geeeeez.

#1. Anjero is a staple food in back home and it’s the most common breakfast food. Everyone would eat an average of three anjeros with a cup of tea. The anjero would be sprinkled with some sugar and drizzled with a little sesame oil or melted ghee. It's also occasionally incorporated into lunch and served with various types of stews.
#2: Lamb or Goat Broth, it isn't a standalone dish but very popular, especially with the older crowd. Often eaten on cold-weather days or when sick with cold ( though definitely not a prerequisite for eating it)
#3: Pilaf Rice, often topped with raisins, thinly sliced potatoes, green peppers and onions. Eaten with an especially made "hot sauce" for those who enjoy kicking up the spice!

OH, and of course I've practically uttered blasphemy so far some of my people would be concerned by forgetting the following LOL

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by spikesC(m): 1:30am On Oct 10, 2013
hmmmmmmmm shocked shocked shocked shocked

Which tribe got this?

I think i need to get married grin
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:33am On Oct 10, 2013
Thanks girl, what's your tribe? And how do I prepare anjero?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There / The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) / 15 Top Rated International Musicians Of Yoruba Descent (Old and Contemporary)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.