Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,208 members, 7,825,785 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? (1450 Views)

Why Are Atheist So Annoying / Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? / Are Atheist Threat To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 9:36pm On Sep 27, 2013
Thanks to a couple of survey, it is being put about in certain circles that atheist have higher IQ than believers. That may or may not be the case, but let us look at the actual life of atheists and believers and see who is living more intelligently.
And guess what it is the believers. A vast body of research, amassed over recent decades, shows that religious believe is physically and pyschologically beneficial to a remarkable degree.
In 2006 population researchers at the university of texas discovered that the more often you go to church the longer you live. In the last few years scientest have also discovered that believers have better outcome from breast cancer, aids, coronary diseases and even IVF. Likewise believers also report greater level of happiness, are less likely to commit suicide, cope with stressful events much better and even have more kids. And whats more visible is the fact that religious people are less likely to smoke, drink or do drugs.
So which is the smarter party? The atheist who live short, selfish and stunted lives- before they approah hopeless death in despair and the corpse are chucked in a trench (or if they are wrong, they go to hell). Or is it the believers who live longer, happier lives, have more kids and who go to their death expecting to be greeted by a smiling and benovelent God?
Obviously it is the believers that are smarter and anyone who thinks otherwise is mentally ill. Science is showing that the human mind is hard wired for faith. Therefore being an atheist- lacking the vital faculty of faith- should be seen as an afflicition, and a tragic deficiency: something akin to being blind.
#SEYTIANO.

1 Like

Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by MrTroll(m): 10:06pm On Sep 27, 2013
I wanted to reply sensibly until i saw this. . .
Obviously it is the believers
that are smarter and anyone
who thinks otherwise is
mentally ill.

Do you know why religion is called the opium of the masses?

1 Like

Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 27, 2013
Dictionary meaning- Dumbest:-'Taking more than usual time to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity'.
e.g not being able to use your brain and think, always relying on books written thousands of yrs ago by middle eastern cave-men. sitting like morons in a confide place listening to another man who tells you what god said, then convinces you to allocate 10% of your income to his ministry so that the same god will bless you.

do the maths...

3 Likes

Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by UyiIredia(m): 10:18pm On Sep 27, 2013
Mr Troll: I wanted to reply sensibly until i saw this. . .

Simple. It takes you to the Neverland.
Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 10:18pm On Sep 27, 2013
991: Dictionary meaning- Dumbest:-'Taking more than usual time to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity'. e.g not being able to use your brain and think, always relying on books written thousands of yrs ago by middle eastern cave-men. sitting like morons in a confide place listening to another man who tells you what god said, then convinces you to allocate 10% of your income to his ministry so that the same god will bless you.

do the maths...

nice of you to comment, you just showed how "smart" atheist are.
Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by UyiIredia(m): 10:18pm On Sep 27, 2013
@ OP: SMH.
Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 10:21pm On Sep 27, 2013
Mr Troll:
nope i was hoping you would tell me?
Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 10:22pm On Sep 27, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ OP: SMH.
Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by hijacke(m): 10:33pm On Sep 27, 2013
Oluwaseytiano: Thanks to a couple of survey, it is being put about in certain circles that atheist have higher IQ than believers. That may or may not be the case, but let us look at the actual life of atheists and believers and see who is living more intelligently.
And guess what it is the believers. A vast body of research, amassed over recent decades, shows that religious believe is physically and pyschologically beneficial to a remarkable degree.
In 2006 population researchers at the university of texas discovered that the more often you go to church the longer you live. In the last few years scientest have also discovered that believers have better outcome from breast cancer, aids, coronary diseases and even IVF. Likewise believers also report greater level of happiness, are less likely to commit suicide, cope with stressful events much better and even have more kids. And whats more visible is the fact that religious people are less likely to smoke, drink or do drugs.
So which is the smarter party? The atheist who live short, selfish and stunted lives- before they approah hopeless death in despair and the corpse are chucked in a trench (or if they are wrong, they go to hell). Or is it the believers who live longer, happier lives, have more kids and who go to their death expecting to be greeted by a smiling and benovelent God?
Obviously it is the believers that are smarter and anyone who thinks otherwise is mentally ill. Science is showing that the human mind is hard wired for faith. Therefore being an atheist- lacking the vital faculty of faith- should be seen as an afflicition, and a tragic deficiency: something akin to being blind.
#SEYTIANO.
Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 27, 2013
Oluwaseytiano: nice of you to comment, you just showed how "smart" atheist are.
hehehehe!!! at least smart enough not to worship the picture of Cesare Borgia. below

1 Like

Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 10:45pm On Sep 27, 2013
991:

nice idea but wrong scenario. Atheist are the dark minds
Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 27, 2013
Oluwaseytiano: nice idea but wrong scenario. Atheist are the dark minds

really? do you know that a huge % of atheists are ex-christians? we were once like you, kneeling down and praying in front of the statue of Cesare Borgia, etc...

1 Like

Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 10:53pm On Sep 27, 2013
991:
hehehehe!!! at least smart enough not to worship the picture of Cesare Borgia. below
for all you know i might worship Orunmila, Sango or Buddha. The fact is i believe in a higher power and that you don't is sickening.
Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by tobechi74: 10:56pm On Sep 27, 2013
Dumb? Yes

dumbest? No

dumber? May be ,but you need an instrument to measure the dumbability of the brain. It is called a dumbometer.

Tip ; measure your brain first

1 Like

Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 27, 2013
Oluwaseytiano: for all you know i might worship Orunmila, Sango or Buddha. The fact is i believe in a higher power and that you don't is sickening.

lol! you give ur imaginary biblical god a nickname 'higher power' to make it sound real?

1 Like

Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 11:00pm On Sep 27, 2013
991:

lol! you give ur imaginary biblical god a nickname 'higher power' in order to make it sound real?
science has prove the exisitence of Biblical figures like Jesus, John the baptist, David
Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 11:01pm On Sep 27, 2013
tobechi74: Dumb? Yes

dumbest? No

dumber? May be ,but you need an instrument to measure the dumbability of the brain. It is called a dumbometer.

Tip ; measure your brain first
u guys really are dumb.
Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 27, 2013
Oluwaseytiano: science has prove the exisitence of Biblical figures like Jesus, John the baptist, David

hahahahaha! can i have a link to that science prove?

1 Like

Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 11:08pm On Sep 27, 2013
991:

hahahahaha! can i have a link to that science prove?
sure i can give 9 credible sources(no wikipedia) but the fact is that will not make you a better man than you were an hour ago.
Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 11:11pm On Sep 27, 2013
Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 27, 2013
Oluwaseytiano: http://www.ucg.org/science/surprising-archaeological-find-proof-jesus-existence/

am glad you talk about archaelogical findings, have you heard of the word 'Anunnaki' ?

1 Like

Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 11:16pm On Sep 27, 2013
991:

am glad you talk about archaelogical findings, have you heard of the word 'Anunnaki' ?
yes. So?
Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 27, 2013
Oluwaseytiano: yes. So?

does it occur to you that the archaeological discovered summerian documents predated the bible you use today? in fact, those stories in bible are better explained there?

1 Like

Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 27, 2013
Oluwaseytiano: yes. So?

you google as i post, hence the delay in response. maybe you should do ur researches well then we can discuss another time. cheers.

1 Like

Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by hijacke(m): 11:24pm On Sep 27, 2013
believers are happier than atheists d same way a drunkard is happier than a sober person

4 Likes

Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 11:25pm On Sep 27, 2013
991:

does it occur to you that the archaeological discovered summerian documents predated the bible you use today? in fact, those stories in bible are better explained there?
so you believe a bunch of aliens took us as slaves and an imaginary tenth planet yet you say there is no God.
Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by wiegraf: 11:27pm On Sep 27, 2013
Op, how smart is a person who calls another group selfish, then goes on to state said group is dumb because they do not selfishly extend their lives by grovelling at the feet of a tyrannical psychopathic god? That this selfish group is dumb because they do not take up Pascal's wager?

It might take a while, but settle down slowlllllyyy and think about it

1 Like

Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 11:28pm On Sep 27, 2013
991:

you google as i post, hence the delay in response. maybe you should do ur researches well then we can discuss another time. cheers.
network things.
Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 11:32pm On Sep 27, 2013
Think about it, me believing in God has no ill end. The worst case scenario if God does not exist(highly unlikely) is i and other believers become objects of ridicle. But if we are right and God exists, then i can positively say woe betide you.
Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 27, 2013
Oluwaseytiano: so you believe a bunch of aliens took us as slaves and an imaginary tenth planet yet you say there is no God.

as an atheist i dont rely in belief. i study to learn.
that i sthe diff btwn atheists and theists.

1 Like

Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 27, 2013
Oluwaseytiano: so you believe a bunch of aliens took us as slaves and an imaginary tenth planet yet you say there is no God.

unknowingly to you, those aliens are what you worship in religions today.

1 Like

Re: Are Atheist The Dumbest Folks Ever? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 27, 2013
@op - do you realize every culture has a story of a god or goddess that came from the sky?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Snake Look Like "Before Curse" / Another Pastor Rides Church Members Like Horses, Even Made Them Eat Soap / Is Somebody Trying To Cast A Spell Or Curse On Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.