Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,021 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? (2148 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Why Are Atheist Called Bad People? / Why Are Atheist So Annoying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by ValerianSteel(m): 8:38pm On Nov 15, 2015
Can Christians judiciously counter the atheist opinion?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by wordcat(m): 8:41pm On Nov 15, 2015
Their god need to be reminded before carrying out his duties

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 15, 2015
ValerianSteel:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3078403_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Just a tradition. It is the normal way of sympathizing with the families and friends of the dead. Bwahaha...

1 Like

Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by osesology(m): 9:51pm On Nov 15, 2015
Atheists will always be atheists. When things are going well, they say its as a result of natural occurences but when tragedy strikes they start chanting on top of their voices ``where is the God that you serve''! In the new testament (the book of acts to be precised) the early christians faced a lot of trials and tribulations. Some where imprisoned, some where matyred but that didn't stop the gospel of the Lord from spreading throughout the whole world just as Christ predicted. I believe that everyone is entitled to his or her own belief, so atheists can go to hell and lay down their complaint to the devil their father for all I care. Afterall this is their world not ours.

1 Like

Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
Atheists are mostly right in everything!

3 Likes

Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by CoolUsername: 9:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
osesology:
Atheists will always be atheists. When things are going well, they say its as a result of natural occurences but when tragedy strikes they start chanting on top of their voices ``where is the God that you serve''! In the new testament (the book of acts to be precised) the early christians faced a lot of trials and tribulations. Some where imprisoned, some where matyred but that didn't stop the gospel of the Lord from spreading throughout the whole world just as Christ predicted. I believe that everyone is entitled to his or her own belief, so atheists can go to hell and lay down their complaint to the devil their father for all I care. Afterall this is their world not ours.
The butthurt is real.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by ValerianSteel(m): 10:03pm On Nov 15, 2015
osesology:
What happened to judicious counter arguement

You don't have to make derogatory statements towards people who identify as atheists,simply put in clear terms why on the current subject atheist are wrong.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by osesology(m): 10:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
ValerianSteel:
What happened to judicious counter arguement

You don't have to make derogatory statements towards people who identify as atheists,simply put in clear terms why on tge current subject atheist are wrong.

These occurences signals the second coming of Christ. Matt 24 summarizes my arguement.
But of course how can you believe in what the Bible says when you do not believe in the ONE that inspired it. All I can tell you is REPENT FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND!
Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by CoolUsername: 10:51pm On Nov 15, 2015
osesology:

These occurences signals the second coming of Christ. Matt 24 summarizes my arguement.
But of course how can you believe in what the Bible says when you do not believe in the ONE that inspired it. All I can tell you is REPENT FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND!
You just shot yourself in the foot by bringing up that passage. Yes, everybody should read up to verse 34; I won't give any spoilers though.
Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by ValerianSteel(m): 11:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
osesology:

Oh yeah end timers;please save your lectures to gullible decepticons like you abeg.

The point that you have failed to prove to at atheist and non-atheist alike is:

Why is the all knowing God unable to stop the deadly attacks against people all around the world.Despite knowing of the evil ISIS propagates why hasn't he been able to quell their unprofound slaughtering of innocent souls?

Yet we praise him as the merciful Godundecided who shows his prophet of an impending doom and the prophet asks worshipers to pray against it,yet it still happens.

Mind you am no atheists.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by osesology(m): 11:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
ValerianSteel:
Oh yeah end timers;please save your lectures to gullible decepticons like you abeg.

The point that you have failed to prove to at atheist and non-atheist alike is:

Why is the all knowing God unable to sti the deadly attacks against people all around the world.Despite knowing of the evil ISIS propagates why hasn't he been able to quell their unprofoud slaughtering of innocent souls?

Yet we praise him as the merciful Godundecided who shows his prophet of an impending doom and the prophet asks worshipers to pray against it,yet it still happens.

Mind you am no atheists.
This is exactly what the devil wants, to turn the children of God against Him, cause havoc everywhere and make them believe there is no God so that they will come running to him(the devil) for help. He did the same to Job but he failed woefully. My brother you need to understand that our God is bigger than any tribulations we might be facing right now. All you have to do is believe.
Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by ValerianSteel(m): 11:33pm On Nov 15, 2015
osesology:

This is exactly what the devil wants, to turn the children of God against Him, cause havoc everywhere and make them believe there is no God so that they will come running to him(the devil) for help. He did the same to Job but he failed woefully. My brother you need to understand that our God is bigger than any tribulations we might be facing right now. All you have to do is believe.
Faith makes a fool of what makes sense while human logic is flawed by inconsistencies that religion wants us to accept without questioning.How nice??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by osesology(m): 11:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
ValerianSteel:
Faith makes a fool of what makes sense while human logic is flawed by inconsistencies that religion wants us to accept without questioning.How nice??
Exactly the same things the people in the days of Noah were saying before the flood came and washed them away. They called Noah a fool and a madman and many other derogatory names that were not recorded in the Bible. Oops I almost forgot, you don't really believe in the Bible and me I can't say anything without quoting from the Bible, so obviously this arguement isn't going anywhere. I know you have a lot of questions and I pray that you find the answers soon enough before its too late. Tumorrow is not guaranteed, we are all living by the grace of God. Gud nite bro.
Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by Nobody: 12:47am On Nov 16, 2015
osesology:

Exactly the same things the people in the days of Noah were saying before the flood came and washed them away. They called Noah a fool and a madman and many other derogatory names that were not recorded in the Bible. Oops I almost forgot, you don't really believe in the Bible and me I can't say anything without quoting from the Bible, so obviously this arguement isn't going anywhere. I know you have a lot of questions and I pray that you find the answers soon enough before its too late. Tumorrow is not guaranteed, we are all living by the grace of God. Gud nite bro.

Mind you Noah's story is a copycat work of Enkhi and the annunaki as written in the Sumerian tablet. I am not saying it happened,but the Sumerians owned the story before the Jew stole the story. Do check the authenticity of your story before quoting from your book.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by ValerianSteel(m): 12:47am On Nov 16, 2015
osesology:

I must give it to you.You are good at evading the subject at hand by throwing nibs and bits of a Christian totally submitting to blind support of his faith.

I expect Christians to give atheist and others cogent reasons that defy human logic and can wholy trump arguements against Christianity but instead you choose to further wallow in a pit of mental slavery dictated by the bible which houses numerous fallacious theories.

Good luck bro,breaking from that bondage.The same way some Muslims are bound by the logical inconsistencies of the Quran is the same way Christians embrace the mentally degrading doctrines of the bible.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by Nobody: 12:54am On Nov 16, 2015
Let's not forget the attackers shouted the name of God before going on shooting spree. I know Christian's will say that was Allah,but it is obvious Muslims and Christians worship the same God. Only that christians no longer truly worship this God.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10 " If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you ... Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die".

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 16, 2015
How to be an atheist

1-Think critically, logically with the application of common sense.
2- Read every book for and against religion, science and other academical materials just out of curiosity and learn.
3- Question everything you know and been told.

How to be a believer/Theist

1- Stop critical and logical thinking.
2- Read the bible and make reference to it. As well as other books that agrees with the bible.
3- Don't ask questions or even try to question God.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by ichommy(m): 8:03am On Nov 16, 2015
wordcat:
grin

1 Like

Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by osesology(m): 8:38am On Nov 16, 2015
Wow! the devil is really succeeding in his mission. May God have mercy on you all.
Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by johnydon22(m): 10:12am On Nov 16, 2015
osesology:
Wow! the devil is really succeeding in his mission. May God have mercy on you all.

I believe God had more obligations towards the people who were killed in his name over there in Paris than snooping to check what someone types on nairaland looking for who to have mercy on.

This God sounds like he has a misplaced priority..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by plappville(f): 10:28am On Nov 16, 2015
ifeness:
Let's not forget the attackers shouted the name of God before going on shooting spree. I know Christian's will say that was Allah,but it is obvious Muslims and Christians worship the same God. Only that christians no longer truly worship this God.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10 " If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you ... Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die".

Jesus didnt worship allah. The NT is a proof..
Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by johnydon22(m): 10:32am On Nov 16, 2015
wordcat:

People tend to resort to prayer when they are helpless and as such do nothing thinking they are doing something.

The question was a valid one: Why should any God be prayed to over a tragedy it couldn't stop..

Was it aware but unable to help? Then it nullifies the Omniscient claim

Was it able to help but not aware? Then it nullifies the all powerful claim.

Was it aware, able to and willing to help? then why didn't it..

People tend to rely on abstract concepts for hope, tend to rely on this abstract concepts to make a psychological pillow in their predicament.

One can understand their need to hope but shouldn't we be able to relate to other people's tragedies without people thanking deities in their mind for it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 16, 2015
plappville:

Jesus didnt worship allah. The NT is a proof..

Who did he pray to?
Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by plappville(f): 10:37am On Nov 16, 2015
ValerianSteel:

I will not blame them for saying such. They do not believe Jesus is the way, if God had intervene by stopping the terrorists, this will not change the heart of atheists. That is why we have the choice to choose which way to follow. Christians know that at the last days alot of atrocities will happen. Man will be wicked, heartless. But God has a promised for His Children.
Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by plaetton: 10:38am On Nov 16, 2015
osesology:

And the bubonic plague that wiped out a sizeable population of christian Europe signaled the second coming of .....?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by plaetton: 10:42am On Nov 16, 2015
plappville:

I will not blame them for saying such. They do not believe Jesus is the way, if God had intervene by stopping the terrorists, this will not change the heart of atheists. That is why we have the choice to choose which way to follow. Christians know that at the last days alot of atrocities will happen. Man will be wicked, heartless. But God has a promised for His Children.

Convoluted nonsense, as usual.
Gosh! undecided

The question was ; Why pray to invisible skydaddy after a preventable tragedy ?

And your answer is that if god had prevented it, atheists still would not have believed ?
shocked

So, you're say that ,somehow, god didn't intervene to prevent the tragedy because he feared that atheists wouldn't have appreciated it anyway.

Wow!
shocked

This is an Einstein moment.

Your brain might serve a better use as an object of study in a science lab.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by plaetton: 10:46am On Nov 16, 2015
johnydon22:

I believe God had more obligations towards the people who were killed in his name over there in Paris than snooping to check what someone types on nairaland looking for who to have mercy on.

This God sounds like he has a misplaced priority..

God behaves according to the mind that creates it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by johnydon22(m): 10:55am On Nov 16, 2015
plaetton:

God behaves according to the mind that creates it.

Exactly, it is the people who has these Gods in their minds determines how it behaves and it's characteristics..

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by hahn(m): 11:00am On Nov 16, 2015
plaetton:

And the bubonic plague that wiped out a sizeable population of christian Europe signaled the second coming of .....?

Mosquitoes in Africa grin

3 Likes

Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by plaetton: 11:09am On Nov 16, 2015
hahn:

Mosquitoes in Africa grin

Bingo!!
grin
Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by scarred9jan(m): 2:04pm On Nov 16, 2015
plaetton:

Gosh! undecided

And your answer is that if god had prevented it, atheists still would not have believed ?
shocked

So, you're say that ,somehow, god didn't intervene to prevent the tragedy because he feared that atheists wouldn't have appreciated it anyway.

Wow!
shocked

plaetton:

Gosh! undecided

shocked

Wow!
shocked

plaetton:

Gosh! undecided

shocked

Wow!
shocked

Oga, you no kill person with laugh oh! I guess god is scared of the atheist's opinions. Or he is shy.

1 Like

Re: Are Atheist Right On Paris Attacks? by ValerianSteel(m): 4:22pm On Nov 16, 2015
plappville:

Many a times have heard this same line-God permits and endorses evil just to glorify his name and change the hearts of unbelievers.

Hell No,Simple logic would tell a non-believer that if I adhere to this faith,what are the chances he would keep me safe when am in troubled times.What's the guarantee that I wouldn't go to waste as the others have??

I know many Christians chew the scriptures back and forth,but isn't it madness to claim an all knowing supernatural and all powerful God allows a terrorist attacks he knows of forehand,does nothing to stop it,yet Christians claim its to turn the atheists and non-practitioners of the Christian Faith towards recognizing his omniscient and omnipresent powers in order to glorify his name.

I believe most people are not as dumb as what they type,see reason na,e make sense to you undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Invited For US Embassy Celebration By Isreal PM / Where Is Ishmael In Prophethood / Christian At War, Christian, Seek Not Yet Repose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.