Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile (2548 Views)

President Barack Obama Arrives Ethiopia (Photos) / Lord Have Mercy! Heartbreaking Pics From The War Between Israel & Palestine / The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by somal: 5:18pm On Sep 28, 2013
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by somal: 5:21pm On Sep 28, 2013
I wonder where African Union members will stand on this issue. Somalia has said it will stand with Egypt. This is gonna be a good war.
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by solomon111(m): 7:16pm On Sep 28, 2013
somal: I wonder where African Union members will stand on this issue. Somalia has said it will stand with Egypt. This is gonna be a good war.
A war between Egypt and Ethiopia could metamophosize to Arab-Africa war.
The A.U as well as israel would certainly support ethiopia,while Egypt will look to the arab league for support.
I believe the US would nip it in the bud since both countries are american puppets.
*The thought of Nigeria going to war is fascinating,though we will have to replace those F-7 jets with SU-30MKI and a couple of s-600s to counter Egyptian F-16s*
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by somal: 7:19pm On Sep 28, 2013
solomon111: A war between Egypt and Ethiopia could metamophosize to Arab-Africa war.
The A.U as well as israel would certainly support ethiopia,while Egypt will look to the arab league for support.
I believe the US would nip it in the bud since both countries are american puppets.
*The thought of Nigeria going to war is fascinating,though we will have to replace those F-7 jets with SU-30MKI to counter Egyptian F-16s*

This is why somalia, egypt, tunisia,libya,algeria,morocco,sudan,djibouti are all in the African union and the Arab league. Cause if a war happened we would take the side of muslim countries.

Nigeria has largely been a submissive people from the days of slavery on. I doubt you could interfere in the ancient wars going on between Somalia and Ethiopia and Egypt.
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 28, 2013
Let them kill each other, the real Africans need their land back.
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by somal: 7:25pm On Sep 28, 2013
zetdee: Let them kill each other, the real Africans need their land back. Look at how poor Yemen is, Muslims without oil are useless.

what do you mean the real africans? african is a continent its not associated with race or religion. Its a peace of land.
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 28, 2013
somal:

what do you mean the real africans? african is a continent its not associated with race or religion. Its a peace of land.

Whatever, you
horners and arabs should fight and kill each other.
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by somal: 7:41pm On Sep 28, 2013
zetdee:

Whatever, you
horners and arabs should fight and kill each other.

are you saying am not african? Cushitic people (somalis,ethiopians,eritreans) are as african as the wide nosed, big lipped west africans. Dont discriminate. Somalia sides with Egypt.
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 28, 2013
solomon111: A war between Egypt and Ethiopia could metamophosize to Arab-Africa war.
*The thought of Nigeria going to war is fascinating,though we will have to replace those F-7 jets with SU-30MKI and a couple of s-600s to counter Egyptian F-16s*
With which money??
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 28, 2013
let them fight it out
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by petrov10: 7:53pm On Sep 28, 2013
See thier head war mongersz kiss
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by emiye(m): 8:02pm On Sep 28, 2013
The nile river runs through 10 african countries, although the major part lies in egypt and sudan, these two countries tend to claim ownership and determine what is done or not done with the nile.
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 28, 2013
somal:

are you saying am not african? Cushitic people (somalis,ethiopians,eritreans) are as african as the wide nosed, big lipped west africans. Dont discriminate. Somalia sides with Egypt.

Whom ever you side with, just do alot of killing.
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by somal: 8:11pm On Sep 28, 2013
zetdee:

Whom ever you side with, just do alot of killing.

i thought u would site with ethiopia arent they african. The african union is based in ethiopia u know.
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by solomon111(m): 8:17pm On Sep 28, 2013
KingMEXX: With which money??
A billion dollars from the over $50billion in foreign reserves should do or we could even pay for it in oil.
And It's not like we are wasting money modernizing our airforce,it's what we should have done a long time ago.
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 28, 2013
somal:

i thought u would site with ethiopia arent they african. The african union is based in ethiopia u know.

Who ever site with Ethiopia, kill them. Make sure you bomb the African union to.
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by somal: 8:27pm On Sep 28, 2013
[quote author=zetdee]

Who ever site with Ethiopia, kill them. Make sure you bomb the African union to.[/quote

Why you dont like ethiopia Mr. FuFu.
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 28, 2013
careytommy: let them fight it out

grin

the ethiopians need to chill though.
the nile has been a major source of life for the entire region
since the ancient egyptian days. it was meant for them all.

putting a dam up in ethiopia would deprive egypt of their share.
if they proceed and war breaks out, then they will just have to suffer
the consequences. I just hope the rest of Africa does not get involved.
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by solomon111(m): 8:44pm On Sep 28, 2013
*Kails*:

grin

the ethiopians need to chill though.
the nile has been a major source of life for the entire region
since the ancient egyptian days. it was meant for them all.

putting a dam up in ethiopia would deprive egypt of their share.
if they proceed and war breaks out, then they will just have to suffer
the consequences. I just hope the rest of Africa does not get involved.
I agree that both parties need to solve it amicably.
But then there are rumours that Egypt is threatening military actions against Ethiopia.
And Ethiopia,if they are smart enough, will want to draw africa in.
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by somal: 8:47pm On Sep 28, 2013
solomon111: I agree that both parties need to solve it amicably.
But then there are rumours that Egypt is threatening military actions against Ethiopia.

that will happen. Cause ethiopians are cowards. They called the Portugese when the somalis defeated them in the 1500's. But Somalis whooped them and the Portugese butts.
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by TonySpike: 8:49pm On Sep 28, 2013
I hereby suggest that this guy called somal also known with other NL IDs like somalia11, somalia2, ayanle e.t.c. be permanently banned from Nairaland. He is a rabid hater and racist, he hates anything Bantu or West African with disdain. If some of you read last week's thread on the Kenyan attack, you need to see how He rejoiced about Al-Shabab's killings at Westgate mall, Kenya. Pls, his IP should be located and permanently blocked...enough said!

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by somal: 8:51pm On Sep 28, 2013
Tony Spike: I hereby suggest that this guy called somal also known with other NL IDs like somalia11, somalia2, ayanle e.t.c. be permanently banned from Nairaland. He is a rabid hater and racist, he hates anything Bantu or West African with disdain. If some of you read last week's thread on the Kenyan attack, you need to see how He rejoiced about Al-Shabab's killings at Westgate mall, Kenya. Pls, his IP should be located and permanently blocked...enough said!

Lets take it easy now. I know when you people get mad the machetes come out. so please...

Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by solomon111(m): 8:54pm On Sep 28, 2013
somal: [/b]

that will happen. Cause ethiopians are cowards. They called the Portugese when the somalis defeated them in the 1500's. But Somalis whooped them and the Portugese butts.
Ethiopians are not cowards.
They have probably the most impressive war history in the continent.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by solomon111(m): 8:55pm On Sep 28, 2013
somal: [/b]

Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 28, 2013
solomon111: Ethiopians are not cowards.

true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuyfK7NLosY

cool cool
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 28, 2013
solomon111: I agree that both parties need to solve it amicably.

I agree w/bolded
but if it doesn't happen that way,
other african nations need not join.

let them solve their own problems.
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by somal: 8:58pm On Sep 28, 2013
solomon111: Ethiopians are not cowards.

Some of that history is Somalis too, as Somalia and Ethiopia were both Called Aksum before somalia broke off.

But Ethiopia was the first african country to use a european country against another african country in a war.

We fought them and beat them, then they called for european help, thus forcing us to become the first country in Africa to use cannons. cool
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 28, 2013
[quote author=somal][/quote]

Lol, I'm eating fufu this very moment, how did you know? I don't hate or love Ethiopians, i just want a war between arabs and horners. Tell me, how the heck will somalis fight a war when they can't even feed themselves?
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by somal: 9:01pm On Sep 28, 2013
zetdee:

Lol, I'm eating fufu this very moment, how did you know. I don't hate or love Ethiopians, i just want a war between arabs and horners. Tell me, how the heck will somalis fight a war when they can't even feed themselves.

Same way they fought and kicked out the AU,EU,USA,UN and are doing right now. Dont let one drought shape your views. Somalis have been fighting for over 1,000 years easy.

The entire society is war like and revolves around war. So much so that every man is either a religous leader or a warrior.
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by solomon111(m): 9:03pm On Sep 28, 2013
*Kails*:

I agree w/bolded
but if it doesn't happen that way,
other african nations need not join.

let them solve their own problems.
Ethiopia alone don't stand any chance against Egypt.
I am sure you don't want the home of the AU to become rubbles.
A victory for arabs is non-acceptable.
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 28, 2013
solomon111: Ethiopia alone don't stand any chance against Egypt.
I am sure you don't want the home of the AU to become rubbles.
A victory for arabs is non-acceptable.

which is why they need to be easy. Simple.
No more w/s/c African lives should be lost because of horner affairs.
Re: Egypt Vs Ethiopia: The War Over The Nile by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 28, 2013
I'm sorry but how they make their beds
is how they should lay on them.

They ought to share the nile river like they are supposed to and there will be no war,

grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Arizona Forensic Audit Found Over 17,000 Duplicates Of Votes. / BBC Report : Israel Iran Attack: Damage Seen At Iranian Air Base In Isfahan / Ahmadinejad Pallies Mugabe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.